PDA

View Full Version : Need help with X10 unit purchase

Spyder
04-10-2007, 01:12 PM
Even as a mod I dont know where to put this so I will just put it here so hopefully someone can help me out.. Anyhow...

I am working on a home automation system and I need to find a local dealer for some X10 products.. Specifically a IR543 If you work someone where or can think of anywhere for me to call locally that my carry these products please post it up I would really appreciate it.. Reps for anyone that gives me a decent lead. :yes:

RandomGuy
04-10-2007, 01:18 PM
theres a place down the street that sells x10's they're having a sale right now too,
i personally prefer the IR545 because of its superior automation efficiency, but I guess you're more of a IR543 kinda guy.

Spyder
04-10-2007, 01:21 PM
theres a place down the street that sells x10's they're having a sale right now too,
i personally prefer the IR545 because of its superior automation efficiency, but I guess you're more of a IR543 kinda guy.
I wish there was a place downt the street that sold them I need one, preferably today :rolleyes:

RandomGuy
04-10-2007, 01:24 PM
I wish there was a place downt the street that sold them I need one, preferably today :rolleyes:I wish i could help you, I personally have the out dated IR249 XT overclocked
but its below industry standard but is doing good for all of my automation needs.

Spyder
04-10-2007, 01:58 PM
I wish i could help you, I personally have the out dated IR249 XT overclocked
but its below industry standard but is doing good for all of my automation needs.

You are a moron, If I didnt know you I would negative rep you every single time you posted, lol.

Do you even know what an X10 is? seriously :???:

§treet_§peed
04-10-2007, 02:01 PM
have you tried Fry's????

Spyder
04-10-2007, 02:10 PM
have you tried Fry's????

Yes they dont sell that particular piece that I need... It converts IR to RF and allows my remote to controll the lights in the house also.. But.. good thought :)

§treet_§peed
04-10-2007, 02:18 PM
eh no problem.. i just know they usally have everything.. hm a hobby and crafts store would sale them would they?

Spyder
04-10-2007, 02:23 PM
eh no problem.. i just know they usally have everything.. hm a hobby and crafts store would sale them would they?

I have checked everyplace that I can think of locally... There is 1 place in alpharetta that list it on their website... however they havent called me back or returned my email, so im thinking that isnt a good company to work with.. Im going to swing by frys just incase they have the damn thing and just dont have it listed on their website. best buy and a few other places carry limited x10 product... frys carries the most and last time I was there they had a decent amount.. oh well, I will see.

§treet_§peed
04-10-2007, 02:26 PM
good luck anyways.. :goodjob:

joecoolfreak
04-10-2007, 04:51 PM
Radio Shack used to carry a few x10 items, but that is the only other place I can think of locally

james
04-10-2007, 07:10 PM
Im pretty sure home depot sells this shit in kits. try there?

Spyder
04-16-2007, 01:45 PM
Radio Shack used to carry a few x10 items, but that is the only other place I can think of locally

They did... they dont. but thanks :)

Spyder
04-16-2007, 01:46 PM
Im pretty sure home depot sells this shit in kits. try there?

They dont carry the converter I need, Im going to order it off their website and call it a day... :rolleyes:

RandomGuy
04-16-2007, 09:28 PM
Do you even know what an X10 is? seriously :???:sure dont...but it sounds cool though haha

why get involved in some complicated ass shit when u can just be safe and unconfused with teh old school shit ;) ya know

james
04-16-2007, 11:55 PM
sure dont...but it sounds cool though haha

why get involved in some complicated ass shit when u can just be safe and unconfused with teh old school shit ;) ya know

its not confusing at all. can you work a tv remote? basically the same thing. push a button, lights come on. or whatever it is you want to turn on.

codycarson
08-01-2008, 02:22 AM
There are several home automation technologies out there depending on the requirements - many have different cabling requirements. I would recommend DIY kits. They've got a bunch of wireless and hardwired DIY kits that can be used with their inexpensive monitoring service. For a small to medium-sized townhome, a wireless kit may be good for you.
A very good option would be a company called Mile High Automation. They make an integrated system called Home Automation Platinum Package: Whole-House Solution which is sold in almost every where and is very popular.
It's got:

* Omni Pro II Home Automation Controller
* 1 Touch Screen
* 2 LCD Keypads
* 6-Zones of Audio
* 17 Automated Light Switches
* 20 Security Contacts
* 2 Thermostats
* Computer Control Software
* Complete Programming & Support

You can start with just the alarm system and grow it to a fully functional home automation system.

You can also submit your floor plan and can get free estimate plan to implement DIY systems in your home.

Home Automation Products and Services (http://hometheater.about.com/od/homeautomation/Home_Automation_Products_and_Services.htm)
Free Home Automation Estimate (http://www.milehighautomation.com/free_home_automation_estimate.html)
DIY Home Automation (http://www.milehighautomation.com/)

Cheers
Cody

slostang
08-01-2008, 02:24 AM
^^ what is it with these people.

its like the 17,493rd spamming this week.