PDA

View Full Version : Is "nappy Headed hos" really THAT big of a deal?

Vteckidd
04-10-2007, 09:05 AM
discuss

cactusEG
04-10-2007, 09:07 AM
nappy head hoes. smell bad

candy2082002
04-10-2007, 09:07 AM
Yeah he is just stupid for saying that...dont know what was going through his head at the time.......no he will think twice next time he wants to say anything of that sort again

Vteckidd
04-10-2007, 09:09 AM
why is it so bad? I mean, ive heard 50 cent songs say MUCH worse. was it because it was a 75 year old white man?

RandomGuy
04-10-2007, 09:11 AM
you offended sum1

BuBBa DRiFT
04-10-2007, 09:12 AM
im not up to par on the news, who said this, and where

candy2082002
04-10-2007, 09:14 AM
Ha ha ha I think it would bad for anyone to say that.....it was uncalled, he had no reason to say that. For the most part 50 Cent is not talking about certain people or a person in his songs
(not saying that it is ok).......both are not good this just got publicized....ALOT

Vteckidd
04-10-2007, 09:18 AM
Ha ha ha I think it would bad for anyone to say that.....it was uncalled, he had no reason to say that. For the most part 50 Cent is not talking about certain people or a person in his songs
(not saying that it is ok).......both are not good this just got publicized....ALOT

Really? so all rappers never talk about anyone else specifically? so if Imus was making a more generalized blanket statement it would have been ok?

candy2082002
04-10-2007, 09:20 AM
Really? so all rappers never talk about anyone else specifically? so if Imus was making a more generalized blanket statement it would have been ok?

No I said both were bad..............I am just saying he should not have said it period

Vteckidd
04-10-2007, 09:22 AM
im tyring to find out WHY? why shouldnt he have said it?

william_jeff
04-10-2007, 09:23 AM
is this about the don imus?? ive heard alot about him lately but dont know what he said?

cactusEG
04-10-2007, 09:23 AM
im tyring to find out WHY? why shouldnt he have said it?

:stupid:

candy2082002
04-10-2007, 09:29 AM
He is in the public eye....I would say that about anyone man, women, race and age. Anyone in the public should watch what they say.....people look up to them

Killer
04-10-2007, 09:31 AM
who said what??? i missed it... who's don imus?

candy2082002
04-10-2007, 09:35 AM
Link (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070410/ap_on_en_ot/imus_protests_106)and

Link (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070410/ap_on_en_ot/imus_protests_99)

candy2082002
04-10-2007, 09:38 AM
I am just saying it was uncalled for by anyone no matter who i was

Killer
04-10-2007, 09:38 AM
lol! thanks...

99SI
04-10-2007, 09:50 AM
I think much of it is being fueled by the biggest bigots in America, Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson. Many of you may not remember Jessie Jackson's remarks about New York being "Haime Town", a derogatory reference to Jews. The ignorance of Al Sharpton when he was interviewing Don Imus yesterday is just ridiculous. I don't agree with what Imus said, especially about a group of young ladies regardless of color. He said something in the flow of banter that he will regret from now on. He will from now on wear a "scarlet letter" of sorts. I wish he did not try to justify things, saying how his retreat for sick kids had 10% black kids or say that he had black friends. He can not justify his way out of anything. He just needs to apologize, and take his whipping and let it be. It sickens me the current media situation. We have soldiers dying, underhanded things happening in our government, and many of very worthwhile stories happening, and all we get to hear about is FUCKING DON IMUS AND ANNA NICOLE SMITH's slutty ass and who her baby daddy is. I DON"T GIVE 2 shits about either one and what is happening with them. I do not believe either of those two situations deserve a national debate. My .02 rant.

Jaimecbr900
04-10-2007, 09:50 AM
It's totally retarded. Are they "nappy headed ho's"? If not, why get bent out of shape about it? If so, the truth is an absolute defense. The guy expressed his opinion, albeit crass, stupid, and not very classy, over open air waves. The FCC didn't have an issue with it. Hell, we all laughed and enjoyed Howard Stern and the FCC totally hated him. What's the big deal then?

Personally, what I find ironic is that Al Sharpton, who is the biggest racists bigot there is, has himself NEVER appologized for any of his misdoings yet he is always the first to "demand" things when something like this goes down. He is a terrible example of the Black community and the more the Black community embraces his racist rantings the worse they are making themselves look.

The guy made a stupid remark over an open mic, big deal. Let's have Congressional hearings and ask for Reparations everytime Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson say something racist or detrimental or stupid about another race.....wait, that would tie up Congress and bankrupt the gov't...... ;)

Personally, I'm sick of hearing from Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. Both claim to be "Reverends", yet they always seem to embark on crusades where they NEVER want to forgive or turn the other cheek like the Bible they tuck under their arm says a good Christian person should. Why is that? They're showmen. They show boat for cameras and stir the pot of controversy every where they go. Their purpose is far from preaching the gospel, it is to primp and prance in front of the cameras for their own ego stroking.

How come Al Sharpton has NEVER appologized for NATIONALLY blaming an INNOCENT man in the Tawana Brawley case? It was all twisted around into a racial thing by whom??? AL SHARPTON. He help publish pictures of an alleged hate crime and publicly named who HE thought was responsible, only to later find out the whole story was made up. When did he appologize for that? NEVER. Yet he is always the first to demand appologies from everyone HE thinks committed an act of racism. What did HE commit when he blamed an INNOCENT person on National TV???? Hmmm, funny how that works.

Al Sharpton is a loser that simply starves for attention. Al Sharpton should most definetly KNOW about NAPPY hair..... :lmfao: .....maybe he's just insecure about that???? :lmfao:

Nemesis
04-10-2007, 09:51 AM
He did say jiggaboos lol

99SI
04-10-2007, 09:52 AM
It's totally retarded. Are they "nappy headed ho's"? If not, why get bent out of shape about it? If so, the truth is an absolute defense. The guy expressed his opinion, albeit crass, stupid, and not very classy, over open air waves. The FCC didn't have an issue with it. Hell, we all laughed and enjoyed Howard Stern and the FCC totally hated him. What's the big deal then?

Personally, what I find ironic is that Al Sharpton, who is the biggest racists bigot there is, has himself NEVER appologized for any of his misdoings yet he is always the first to "demand" things when something like this goes down. He is a terrible example of the Black community and the more the Black community embraces his racist rantings the worse they are making themselves look.

The guy made a stupid remark over an open mic, big deal. Let's have Congressional hearings and ask for Reparations everytime Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson say something racist or detrimental or stupid about another race.....wait, that would tie up Congress and bankrupt the gov't...... ;)

Personally, I'm sick of hearing from Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. Both claim to be "Reverends", yet they always seem to embark on crusades where they NEVER want to forgive or turn the other cheek like the Bible they tuck under their arm says a good Christian person should. Why is that? They're showmen. They show boat for cameras and stir the pot of controversy every where they go. Their purpose is far from preaching the gospel, it is to primp and prance in front of the cameras for their own ego stroking.

How come Al Sharpton has NEVER appologized for NATIONALLY blaming an INNOCENT man in the Tawana Brawley case? It was all twisted around into a racial thing by whom??? AL SHARPTON. He help publish pictures of an alleged hate crime and publicly named who HE thought was responsible, only to later find out the whole story was made up. When did he appologize for that? NEVER. Yet he is always the first to demand appologies from everyone HE thinks committed an act of racism. What did HE commit when he blamed an INNOCENT person on National TV???? Hmmm, funny how that works.

Al Sharpton is a loser that simply starves for attention. Al Sharpton should most definetly KNOW about NAPPY hair..... :lmfao: .....maybe he's just insecure about that???? :lmfao:
lol, we were both ranting at the same time sharing a very similar view. +1

candy2082002
04-10-2007, 09:53 AM

ha ha ha yeah you are right lol +1

candy2082002
04-10-2007, 09:54 AM
lol, we were both ranting at the same time sharing a very similar view. +1

+1 man I suck lol

Jaimecbr900
04-10-2007, 10:01 AM
I think much of it is being fueled by the biggest bigots in America, Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson. Many of you may not remember Jessie Jackson's remarks about New York being "Haime Town", a derogatory reference to Jews.

Good point.

I also remember when Al Sharpton, the same Al Sharpton that is demanding things right now, incited a riot that KILLED people when he claimed that a "jewish ambulance" wouldn't treat a young black man after an accident with "jewish" person.

Ummm, HUH???? :screwy:

Since when are there ambulances that say on the side "jewish ambulance"???? Only in Al Sharpton's world maybe.

Where was his appology for that riot that ensued and people DIED???? Hmmm, funny how nobody called for HIM to appologize to anyone.

BTW, how many times a day do we not hear far worse in song lyrics from rappers and hip-hop "artists" on the radio???? Why is it that if one person says "ho's" it's "racist", yet when another uses the same word or even far worse it's "OK" and "cool" and it makes people filthy rich famous???? :thinking:

I'm sick of seeing and hearing the double standard.

"B"
04-10-2007, 10:04 AM
Don't be a nappy headed hoe and you won't be called one. What is the problem? Its not like he called the nappy headed N***ers or something.

This is my problem with Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

Vteckidd
04-10-2007, 10:05 AM
Jaime an 99si +1

you answered my question

Nemesis
04-10-2007, 10:07 AM
I did make a post on the last page...but I think he got in trouble more for saying jigaboos.

Seymour222
04-10-2007, 10:14 AM
It's totally retarded. Are they "nappy headed ho's"? If not, why get bent out of shape about it? If so, the truth is an absolute .................................................. ......................................... :lmfao: .....maybe he's just insecure about that???? :lmfao:

+1 Insightful post. Im guessing that these words have been "stewing" for a while.

Jaimecbr900
04-10-2007, 10:18 AM
I did make a post on the last page...but I think he got in trouble more for saying jigaboos.

You're so crazy.... :D

What the whole big hoopla is about is that he made a comment about the Rutgers women's basketball team looking like a bunch of nappy headed ho's because they were rough looking.

I don't know about yall, but girl basketball players with tattoos aren't exactly the poster child for femeninity. I haven't seen the pics myself, but I'm willing to be that some of them do in fact look pretty rough and tumble. Right? ;)

candy2082002
04-10-2007, 10:19 AM
You're so crazy.... :D

What the whole big hoopla is about is that he made a comment about the Rutgers women's basketball team looking like a bunch of nappy headed ho's because they were rough looking.

I don't know about yall, but girl basketball players with tattoos aren't exactly the poster child for femeninity. Right? ;)

HA ha ha ha ha ha:lmfao: :lmfao:

GIXXERDK
04-10-2007, 10:24 AM
You guys forget that he does this for a living

SL33P3R
04-10-2007, 10:24 AM
I dont see why he is getting in trouble for stating facts

Nemesis
04-10-2007, 10:25 AM

Because its racise

BLACK POWER.

Jaimecbr900
04-10-2007, 10:26 AM
+1 Insightful post. Im guessing that these words have been "stewing" for a while.

It has actually.

I just feel that people like Sharpton and Jackson are about as useless as tits on a hog. Seriously. What good do they do? Have they showcased their community, their heritage, their roots, their thoughts in a POSITIVE manner? Hell no! They only get involved when the cameras are on and there is something NEGATIVE going on. How is that productive?

You have two individuals that have show boated for years in front of NATIONAL TV spewing out even more hate and more division than even the situation that they are blabbering about. So in other words they are making matters WORSE than they were to begin with. How's that productive? I mean, to complain about an injustice is one thing. To complain about everything and twisting it around to LOOK like something it's not is a completely different matter. THAT is what Sharpton and Jackson are masters at. Twisting the truth into a shape they know will play right into people's insecurities and beliefs. They are truly race pimps. They use the race card every chance they get even when they shouldn't for their own gain. They are no better than any other pimps.

Jaimecbr900
04-10-2007, 10:28 AM
You guys forget that he does this for a living

Who?

CopyRight
04-10-2007, 10:51 AM
he's an angry old man....who really cares? today on the radio, someone said that he will get his, and karma will come back to bite him in the ass....well, if you look at the guy, it better hurry up because it doesnt look like he has that much time left anyways on this earth.

As for Sharpton, he is actually an extremely intelligent man, just listen to him on the radio circuits....he just chooses the wrong battles and is quick to jump when it's a black/white thing

What Imus said is probably in poor taste, but really....did any of those Rutger girls loose sleep over it? no.

I never liked Imus, I think he's a hack and all he does is give his dumbass opinnion, how he ever got a radio show or got on tv is beyond me....but the comment isn't that big of a deal and he apologized, so just let the FCC fine him and call it a day.

because no matter who you are, to truly hurt someone is to hit them in their pockets. Just make it a really expensive lesson for him, and he can go about his business on his retarded radio show

Doppelgänger
04-10-2007, 11:28 AM
freedom of speech

/discussion

Jaimecbr900
04-10-2007, 11:53 AM
As for Sharpton, he is actually an extremely intelligent man, just listen to him on the radio circuits....he just chooses the wrong battles and is quick to jump when it's a black/white thing

I totally agree with everything else you said, except this.

He can't be too intelligent if his only claim to fame is the race card. He's a racist and a bigot, plain and simple. He feeds off twisting insignificant occurances into a big political and racial event. He has a one track mind. Everything he has ever done has ONE purpose in mind, that is why he is a racist. People can stand up against prejudice. People can protest against injustice. But when you constantly do it for every single thing which has only ONE common thread (color/race) then you lose credibility. That is why Al Sharpton is a joke and a hinderance to the Black community rather than a positive role model IMO.

Everything else I agree with you on though.... ;) :D

RandomGuy
04-10-2007, 12:12 PM
WNBA = nappy headed hoes

Hulud
04-10-2007, 12:21 PM
this reminds me of that south park episode

he's gonna be labeled like the N****r Guy's

2.0civic
04-10-2007, 12:23 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=aaGnu0l8shs&mode=related&search=

2.0civic
04-10-2007, 12:24 PM
lol "them some hardcore hoes, some nappy headed hoes" LOLOLOL

Hulud
04-10-2007, 12:35 PM
Racist's calling others racist....

2.0civic
04-10-2007, 12:37 PM
What would have been said if imus would have said "those tennessee girls look like WT?" Not a damn thing........

Seymour222
Hold on a second...Al Sharpton isn't racist. Didn't he try to organize a "march" against Tony Yayo or something? :gay:

2.0civic
holy shit, jaimecbr900 has been in this thread for awhile now...he either stayed loggen on or we're about to get a 5 page book report on how the word nappy came about lolol

Seymour222
04-10-2007, 12:40 PM
Didn't he call jewish people "diamond merchants" at one time.

BuBBa DRiFT
04-10-2007, 12:41 PM
i think some people think we are still in the 60s.

Re-institute the Jim Crowe Laws!!!!!

/sarcasm

99SI
04-10-2007, 12:41 PM
lol, Jaime is dedicated to spreading the message about Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson's unscrupulous tactics at race baiting to line their own pockets through their "non-profit" organizations. Non profit my ass, they make millions for complaining and getting in front of News cameras to exacerbate problems and place blame on "white america." I feel that Martin Luther King Jr. would be ashamed at what has become of the so called "civil rights leaders" and his own kids turning a just and noble cause into a money making scheme.

2.0civic
04-10-2007, 12:42 PM
lol, Jaime is dedicated to spreading the message about Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson's unscrupulous tactics at race baiting to line their own pockets through their "non-profit" organizations. Non profit my ass, they make millions for complaining and getting in front of News cameras to exacerbate problems and place blame on "white america." I feel that Martin Luther King Jr. would be ashamed at what has become of the so called "civil rights leaders" and his own kids turning a just and noble cause into a money making scheme.

your postt couldnt be more correct:goodjob:

Ran
04-10-2007, 12:52 PM
Boo-f*cking-hoo that Imus hurt their feelings. Get the f*ck over it and quit making a scene.

sirkus
04-10-2007, 12:54 PM
+1

Yeah, how else could they afford their illegitimate children.

Kamikaze
04-10-2007, 12:55 PM
why is it so bad? I mean, ive heard 50 cent songs say MUCH worse. was it because it was a 75 year old white man?

That's the issue right there. Had he been Black, he would've probably been reprimanded but not called racist.

Jaimecbr900
04-10-2007, 12:55 PM
Sorry guys, had this minimized and didn't remember.

No essay coming.....yet.... ;) :D

I still think this is BS, but since everyone agrees.....I guess not much more to say, huh??? :D

Vteckidd
04-10-2007, 02:30 PM
im really glad to see more people think like me or i think like them.

i thought i was going to be flamed

ShooterMcGavin
04-10-2007, 02:49 PM
fuck the bullshit, this ain't even NEWS. u want news? go check out what's happening in darfur...

Lucky DAWG
04-10-2007, 03:22 PM

:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

repped for as long as i can
smartest statement here

I think Don Imas is a funny man, i listen to his show everytime i ever ride with my dad somewhere because we both enjoy it together. He really is a good guy who has a ranch out in the southwest for kids with cancer who can go and forget about their worries and just be kids.

Being rude and crass is apart of his routine, he likes to stir up shit and it looks like he accomplished that. As Jaime said, if its not true why get bent out of shape about it, nappy hair isn't racist, its describing their hair texture lol. Its mean no doubt about it, but he is a radio talk personality, get over it.

If you are going to get bent out of shape over this because a white man said something conceived as racist, then please proceed to arrest men like jessie jackson and al sharpton who say some of the most ignorant and racist things out there but get away with it because they are of a minority.

yet again, props to you for getting here first to say it jaime
i agree 100%

ahmonrah
04-10-2007, 03:41 PM
man. fuck this debate.

what he said, shouldnt have been said.
that'd be like me hosting a radio station and calling golf players "honkys on the green" or "peckerwoods in polos" or some stupid shit like that. i'd be fined, possibly fired and what-the-fuck ever else they wanted to do to me. when your in broadcast radio, meaning what you say more than likely WILL be available to whoever dials you in, regardless of their genetic background, your words must reflect that knowledge.

Kamikaze
04-10-2007, 03:47 PM
man. fuck this debate.

:werd:

that'd be like me hosting a radio station and calling golf players "honkys on the green" or "peckerwoods in polos" or some stupid shit like that.

:lmfao:+1

God
04-10-2007, 03:53 PM
Al sharpton and Jesse jackson have set back the movement more than any white person making comments could.

Wurm
04-10-2007, 03:57 PM
al sharpton is a cum guzzler

ahmonrah
04-10-2007, 03:59 PM
Al sharpton and Jesse jackson have set back the movement more than any white person making comments could.the movement died along time ago. it is now a money making machine. their are no "leaders of black america" and martin luther king is prolly slapping corretta in their shared grave now, cause he's been tired of rolling around in it with frustration watching a true and noble fight for equality become an ad for MCDONALDS and what not.

rolling_trip
04-10-2007, 04:06 PM
I think much of it is being fueled by the biggest bigots in America, Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson. Many of you may not remember Jessie Jackson's remarks about New York being "Haime Town", a derogatory reference to Jews. The ignorance of Al Sharpton when he was interviewing Don Imus yesterday is just ridiculous. I don't agree with what Imus said, especially about a group of young ladies regardless of color. He said something in the flow of banter that he will regret from now on.

Enough said. All that shit was said in humor, if your offended by it go jump off the f'en bridge. I'm tired of all the PC bullshit in the US these days. If people wanted to protest it, simply turn off the tv and radio.

btw, Imus didn't make the comment "gigabos", his co host did.

Jaimecbr900
04-10-2007, 04:13 PM

True.

that'd be like me hosting a radio station and calling golf players "honkys on the green" or "peckerwoods in polos" or some stupid shit like that. i'd be fined, possibly fired and what-the-fuck ever else they wanted to do to me.

No you wouldn't. It happens daily. Look at rap music's lyrics. Do they not have racist comments in them? Are they not played on a daily basis? What about TV? How many comedians make fun of other races? Most if not all. What about Al Sharpton calling white people names? What about Jesse Jackson using slang terms to refer to jews? What about the NAACP which in it's own name is racist? What about Affirmative Action?

We could go on all day long naming racist remarks, jokes, TV shows, tirades, editorials, gov't offices, and on and on that are open and very much in business today. So, sorry, there is plenty of "work" for racists out there. Plenty.

when your in broadcast radio, meaning what you say more than likely WILL be available to whoever dials you in, regardless of their genetic background, your words must reflect that knowledge.

No they don't. Noone has a Constitutional right to hear what THEY want to hear. They do in turn have the right to turn the dial to the OFF position. Freedom of speech was not intended to shield anyone from hearing things they don't want to hear. It was intended to be a freedom that sometimes is hard to swallow. It is a freedom that allows us to agree to disagree.

The man's show is neither a public service announcement nor the views of his employer, hence why he got suspended. It is designed to entertain, that's it. It's not the news. It's not even supposed to be correct. It is a talk show. Talk shows just gab about whatever they want. How come noone complains when some idiot pulls a stunt to kiss some 80 yr woman for ratings? Someone somewhere I'm sure finds that offensive. How's this any different? The guy said something stupid in an attempt to be funny and it backfired. Big deal. How many comments are made every day by politicians and real business leaders that were meant to be funny in a tongue-in-cheek way?

It boils down to one simple thing: It's a double standard. Someone can say something and it's "ok", but if someone of another COLOR says the same damn thing it's suddenly "not OK"..... :rolleyes: That's BS. It should be wrong REGARDLESS of who says it.

I'll agree with anyone if they hold up that same damn picket sign when someone of their same race does the same thing. Until then, they are just hypocrites, plain and simple. Things should either be right or wrong. Not right IF and wrong IF.....

Lucky DAWG
04-10-2007, 04:21 PM
yet again jaime
with ya on every word

ORGANIZATIONXIII
04-10-2007, 04:23 PM
fuck Imus..

that was an ignorant comment..

"B"
04-10-2007, 04:25 PM
Yeah Imus was so wrong for that comment. If he wanted to see some nappy headed hoes he should have gone to Varsity.

TIGERJC
04-10-2007, 05:02 PM
The comments Imus made was not called for and women as a whole should be pissed at him. I think is it fair to scrutinize him and fine him for his remarks. I would be really mad at Imus myself if he called my cousin that plays on the South Carolina Gamecocks Basketball team a nappy headed hoe. I think everything that’s happening to Imus is hilarious, b/c nothing is funnier than seeing a white man prove that he is not a racist to the world. People please do not compare rappers to this guy, b/c no one important cares what comes out of their mouth.

{X}Echo419
04-10-2007, 05:09 PM

that's exactally why. Jesse and Al are nothing but race pimps and biggots with chips on their shoulder bigger than any Tosito I've ever seen. :2cents:

tony
04-10-2007, 05:24 PM

No offense but I don't think you've been alive long enough to even understand the situation, your statement only proves this.

On the issue, it was a stupid statement but I'm more angry at the fact that Al Sharpton is taken as the voice of blacks and the media seems to feed him more and more. What these idiots (such as sharpton) only did was widen his customer base. People enjoy drama, people like to be offended.. so Imus did himself a justice by saying what he said..and he got a two week paid vacation out of it too.

I'm tired of playing the game.. I'm black and know that I can say whatever I want about white people and get away with it. I could get on the radio and call all the white people in the south redneck white trash and nothing will ever happen.

I guess I am fed up with being grouped into the majority of blacks who complain about what white people do but turn my back to real issues within the black community such as black on black crime or the lack of education in the community. Not all of us think like that, its just the ones who do seem to get all of the attention.

Lucky DAWG
04-10-2007, 05:30 PM
The comments Imus made was not called for and women as a whole should be pissed at him. I think is it fair to scrutinize him and fine him for his remarks. I would be really mad at Imus myself if he called my cousin that plays on the South Carolina Gamecocks Basketball team a nappy headed hoe. I think everything that’s happening to Imus is hilarious, b/c nothing is funnier than seeing a white man prove that he is not a racist to the world. People please do not compare rappers to this guy, b/c no one important cares what comes out of their mouth.

:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Kamikaze
04-10-2007, 05:31 PM
On the issue, it was a stupid statement but I'm more angry at the fact that Al Sharpton is taken as the voice of blacks and the media seems to feed him more and more. What these idiots (such as sharpton) only did was widen his customer base. People enjoy drama, people like to be offended.. so Imus did himself a justice by saying what he said..and he got a two week paid vacation out of it too.

I'm tired of playing the game.. I'm black and know that I can say whatever I want about white people and get away with it. I could get on the radio and call all the white people in the south redneck white trash and nothing will ever happen.

I guess I am fed up with being grouped into the majority of blacks who complain about what white people do but turn my back to real issues within the black community such as black on black crime or the lack of education in the community. Not all of us think like that, its just the ones who do seem to get all of the attention.

Amen to that. :goodjob: +1

tony
04-10-2007, 05:45 PM
I had this argument with a coworker.. he and another friend I have claim I'm too critical of blacks.. they joke and say I'm racist toward blacks but I really wish one of the so called leaders would become critical. I could say some things here that would piss people off but in a nutshell I'm finding it harder and harder to argue with racists because hell.. the way a lot of black kids carry theirselves they do nothing but feed stereotypes.

I guarantee you.. and mark my words on this, these so called black leaders will turn their back on Obama when they find out that he will not cater to the black community more than any other race. They will call him a sellout and a traitor. I think about stuff like this on Independence day, people celebrate freedom but apparently freedom of speech only stands when something is said in your favor.

Educated individuals would understand that everyone has opinions and if this guy is THAT bad people will stop listening and the market will weed him out, it is not the governments job to step into the private sector to fire someone. Make no mistake, I was offended for those women but I understand the way the system works... the more attention Imus gets the more valuable his show is.

Kamikaze
04-10-2007, 05:53 PM
I had this argument with a coworker.. he and another friend I have claim I'm too critical of blacks.. they joke and say I'm racist toward blacks but I really wish one of the so called leaders would become critical. I could say some things here that would piss people off but in a nutshell I'm finding it harder and harder to argue with racists because hell.. the way a lot of black kids carry theirselves they do nothing but feed stereotypes.

I'd never admit to agreeing with a racist. They are the quintessential example of low-life scum. But I do agree that a true leader needs to step up and be critical because some things are just getting out of hand.

I guarantee you.. and mark my words on this, these so called black leaders will turn their back on Obama when they find out that he will not cater to the black community more than any other race. They will call him a sellout and a traitor. I think about stuff like this on Independence day, people celebrate freedom but apparently freedom of speech only stands when something is said in your favor.

I hope they're not that shallow. He doesn't need to cater to anyone and I hope he doesn't. He already has a strike against him because he's Black.

Professor X
04-10-2007, 05:53 PM
No offense but I don't think you've been alive long enough to even understand the situation, your statement only proves this.

Begin rant.
I agree with you. I normally don't get involved in conversations like this because it ends up becoming white against black but I will give it a shot. There is no way for anyone to know what this guy was trying to accomplish, if anything, by his statements. Maybe he shares the views of most on this board that there is a double standard when it comes to racist comments. Maybe he didn't feel that his comments were racist. However, there are certain words that are not slurs, but attack a certain group of people. NAPPY refers to black peoples hair. Plain and simple. HOES is a derogatory statement to women. Plain and simple. I don't think it was called for, but that's my opinion. I would never have heard it if not for the media attention because I don't listen to his show so it doesn't affect me. What bothers me is that any time there is a question of a racist remark or action, the majority of people jump to Al Sharpton or some random rapper as an excuse for some action. Noone who brought them up for argument would ever take anything said by them serious but they are put up as black spokesmen or represetatives. As a matter of fact, anytime someone black does something ignorant or stupid, it's used as an excuse for everyone to follow their example.
End rant.

Lucky DAWG
04-10-2007, 05:55 PM
But I do agree that a true leader

OBAMA.........................

Kamikaze
04-10-2007, 06:01 PM
OBAMA.........................

Oh trust me, he WILL get my vote. :goodjob:

Julio
04-10-2007, 06:15 PM
Al sharpton and Jesse Jackson are both idiots.... the 2 biggest most ignorants maggots that have walked the earth.
Im not surprised one bit to see them both on TV running there cock suckers... whats new?

So much more important things going on in the world today and the media are focusing on that crap. Fuck, Who's ana nichols baby daddy anyways.. thanks to Don king on crack and Wife cheating Jesse I missed more important things on TV.

bafbrian
04-10-2007, 06:32 PM

That is the exact reason why people got so offended. Bcuz he is white and they are black girls plain and simple.

Lizbiz101
04-10-2007, 08:20 PM
Doesn't bother me none....most Hoes are Nappy headed.

Professor X
04-10-2007, 08:23 PM
That is the exact reason why people got so offended. Bcuz he is white and they are black girls plain and simple.

This is exactly my point. IT IS NOT OKAY WHEN 50 CENT SAYS IT! The fact of the matter is that it doesn't get media attention when 50 cent says it in a rap song but who in there right mind looks at 50 cent as a role model. I guarantee you that if Charles Barkeley used profanity on TNT or used a racial slur, it would be a problem. Yeah, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are who they are, but who brings the cameras to them and puts them on tv? The same principle that many of you have suggested about changing the channel or turning down the volume when Imus speaks could be used on Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. However the general consensus is that they are idiots so everyone chimes in. WRONG IS WRONG REGARDLESS OF WHO DOES IT OR SAYS IT!

{X}Echo419
04-10-2007, 08:57 PM
This is exactly my point. IT IS NOT OKAY WHEN 50 CENT SAYS IT! The fact of the matter is that it doesn't get media attention when 50 cent says it in a rap song but who in there right mind looks at 50 cent as a role model. I guarantee you that if Charles Barkeley used profanity on TNT or used a racial slur, it would be a problem. Yeah, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are who they are, but who brings the cameras to them and puts them on tv? The same principle that many of you have suggested about changing the channel or turning down the volume when Imus speaks could be used on Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. However the general consensus is that they are idiots so everyone chimes in. WRONG IS WRONG REGARDLESS OF WHO DOES IT OR SAYS IT!

CHARLES NOOOOO!!!!! GOT OUTTA MY HEAD!!!! :lmfao:
sry I just had to

koukis14
04-10-2007, 08:58 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/04/10/imus.rutgers/index.html

ITS A MAN BABY!!!!

4dmin
04-10-2007, 09:04 PM
how come a white guy cracks a racial joke and he is suddenly he is a racist; a black guy calls another guy a nigger or a black chick a nappy hoe it is ok... BS.

personally i think it is funny i used the term atleast 3x today lol

Turbo04
04-10-2007, 09:18 PM
Who's to say what is right or wrong when it comes to freedom of speech? Ally and sharkass have just as much right to be preaching their brand of bullshit like Imus did when he said it and they need to fucking pull their head outta their ass and see that. That shit doesn't just go one way... Personaly I don't give a shit if he called them nappy headed ho's....WTF? If it's not true why sweat it? Does that mean cause he said what he did all the desperate men and harcore lesbians will not want to get with 'dem hos? If america spent 1/2 as much time and effort finding osama and other truly bad ppl, as we did on bullshit like this his ass would've been taken care of years ago. You don't like the fact that people can and will say things you don't like? They need to take their ass back to "the mother land" and see just how long they will put up with their bullshit. How great would it be to start a petition to have THEM removed from the air?

bafbrian
04-10-2007, 09:28 PM

That right there is the absolute truth. But, people, ignorant people particularly, will never learn.

I am multi-racial and I have never used any derogatory terms that are racial in nature bcuz, like it says in bold, wrong is wrong.

Regardless of what color a person is, a statement like this is down right wrong. If this guy gets in trouble, then everyone who calls a woman that or makes racial comments, should get in trouble, but that will never happen bcuz there are too many different standards for different races.

Professor X
04-10-2007, 09:32 PM
how come a white guy cracks a racial joke and he is suddenly he is a racist; a black guy calls another guy a nigger or a black chick a nappy hoe it is ok... BS.

personally i think it is funny i used the term atleast 3x today lol

I personally don't see what's funny about it but that's just me. I have and will continue to stand by my statement that it IS NOT OKAY FOR ANYONE TO SAY IT! Just because CNN or MSNBC choose not to make it a big deal or Al Sharpton doesn't make it a big deal does not justify it.

How about if your mom does an interview and some radio or tv personality calls her a b*tch; are you gonna tell me that because some "POP" teens call each other that, it's okay. Come on guys. This isn't hard to understand. If you hear someone say something stupid or ignorant; that speaks of that individual, not of anything further.

Turbo04
04-10-2007, 09:33 PM
http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL773/3291568/7149049/244887392.jpg

twinj
04-10-2007, 09:47 PM
I personally don't see what's funny about it but that's just me. I have and will continue to stand by my statement that it IS NOT OKAY FOR ANYONE TO SAY IT! Just because CNN or MSNBC choose not to make it a big deal or Al Sharpton doesn't make it a big deal does not justify it.

How about if your mom does an interview and some radio or tv personality calls her a b*tch; are you gonna tell me that because some "POP" teens call each other that, it's okay. Come on guys. This isn't hard to understand. If you hear someone say something stupid or ignorant; that speaks of that individual, not of anything further.

^^ agreed

Turbo04
04-10-2007, 10:45 PM

The problem with that is with your scenerio your singling out one person. He did not. New never said anything about a particular person or race. Instead he generalized that entire team when he said it. This isn't a race issue at all...it never was. He did not say "those black people on the team are nappy headed ho's". It's simply a case of a joke that some found funny others did not. You can't sit there and tell me you've never called someone/group a name nor said something aloud about someone/group that was not the nicest thing. Everyone has made jokes about other people groups of people but that doesn't mean that it needs to be blown up and made a national issue outta it. That is the problem with america today...we all want to have free speech and etc...but then something comes along and we don't like the way it sounds and all the sudden it can't be allowed. You can't have it both ways...either it's truly free speech good/bad/weird or not. There is no gray area. It was said earlier that if you do not like it, turn the dial off, remove yourself from the hearing it. NOT "oh it's bad THEY have to stop". We all may not agree on everything but everyone has equal right to say what the hell they want when they want, good, bad, ugly. All this pissing and moaning about it truly just makes it more obvious that we are loosing grasp on what it truly means to be free.

Hulud
04-10-2007, 10:58 PM
im really glad to see more people think like me or i think like them.

i thought i was going to be flamed
oh, you're a flamer. so there was no need lol

Hulud
04-10-2007, 11:04 PM
Oh trust me, he WILL get my vote. :goodjob:
no offense but he wont be on the ballot in november

it will be edwards vs. "a non-winning republican"

Kamikaze
04-11-2007, 08:56 AM

We'll see. ;)

99SI
04-11-2007, 09:30 AM
Some people mentioned not having any true black leaders that will criticize and call out the problems with black society and offer up a true way to make a change. I clearly remember Bill Cosby doing just that sometime last year and the NAACP chastized him for it!!! On the issue of race, my father grew up in Macon during the 60's/70's. He went through segregation then integration and grew up around lots of racist people. He never felt that way. He became a coach/teacher at Henry County Middle School in 1979 and has been there since. When I was growing up I knew as many black people as I did white, we always had one or two black kids at the house that dad was helping out or making sure that they made it to school or were getting a good meal. I had never heard the word "nigger" until I was about 4 years old and was on a school bus my dad was driving with his wrestling team to a match. One of his wrestlers, "smoky", a black kid taught me the word. My dad was so pissed off about it and asked him what he was going to do when I repeated the word that had been taught to me as a joke by a black guy. I have had an interesting perspective on race and see the flaws in white society as well as black society, it's too bad more people can't.

99SI
04-11-2007, 09:32 AM
BTW, "Smoky" got his nickname b/c when he was younger their house burned and all his clothes smelled like smoke. Had nothing to do with the fact he was black as night. :D I don't know why but for some reason I felt like I needed to qualify that. :D

God
04-11-2007, 09:37 AM

Educated individuals would understand that everyone has opinions and if this guy is THAT bad people will stop listening and the market will weed him out, it is not the governments job to step into the private sector to fire someone. Make no mistake, I was offended for those women but I understand the way the system works... the more attention Imus gets the more valuable his show is.

im just gonna copy a post i made on another forum talking about this

that's one thing i'll never understand, here in atlanta where you have places like morehouse, my friends who go there, get ragged on when they go home.
doesnt make sense to me at all. or how certain leaders of "the movement" will call people like colin powell and condi "uncle toms" or similar comments from the DNC, yet, no one says anything to retort, or hell when Howard Dean made the comment ------

During a meeting last month with black Democrats in Washington, D.C., Dean joked during a speech, “You think the Republican National Committee could get this many people of color in a single room? Only if they had the hotel staff in here.”
from- http://www.blackamericaweb.com/site.aspx/sayitloud/dean302

my god if a republican would have said that all hell would have broken loose.

Lucky DAWG
04-11-2007, 11:03 AM

nvm him winning the primaries
according to him he isn't even running at this point yet he is always on the news lol

Vteckidd
04-11-2007, 11:15 AM
I heard some very interesting things yesterday on the radio and news shows:

How come Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are so quick to jump on this issue, but they neglect the much more serious issues affecting the "black community". How about the 50% drop out rate in inner city high schools or how about 80% of people incarcerated in the US are black. How come domestically African Americans have the highest pregnancy rate under the age of 20, highest illegitamacy rate, etc etc etc.

The guy that said this was:
Larry Elder
http://www.ocregister.com/newsimages/commentary/syndicated/Larry.Elder.large.jpg

He makes very good points, why do Sharpton and Jackson try to champion this incident like its the biggest thing since david duke. Why is this issue getting SO MUCH attention, is it REALLY that bad for race relations? is it really as bad as everyone is making it out to seem?

If they are such champions of the black community, where are they on the issues that MATTER like the ones listed above. Surely calling someone a "nappy headed ho" is not in the same league as the SCARY statistics listed above.

How come other people are allowed to get away with MUCH WORSE, like this comment Hilary Clinton made recently:

Isnt this Racist? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1Mq8kOXV_E)

how come that never got any attention? where were people when she made that comment?

Jaimecbr900
04-11-2007, 11:17 AM

I am so glad to see that someone has enough intelligence and common sense to weed thru all the BS and tell it like it is. Major, major props. :goodjob:

I've said it a million times folks. If you play into the hand that the racists and the bigots stereotype you into, YOU are the bigger fool for giving them ammo to shoot you with.

The more the Black community backs bigots and racists like Sharpton and Jackson, the bigger the black eye to the community as a whole. Some people don't get that. Equality is not division. Equality is not choosing one side over the other. Equality is calling a spade a spade, REGARDLESS of color/race.

To all of you that dismiss the notions of bringing "rappers" or "entertainers" into this mix, you are just perpetuating that same laisse faire attitude. 50 cent didn't sell millions of records to just white America. As a matter of fact, truth be known I'm willing to bet that the scale swings widely the other way. Now, if you think it's "OK" for him to use the N word and call women "ho's" and "bitches" enough to pay $12 for his CD.....why is it so bad when a total unknown to you (many of us have confessed that we don't listen to Imus) says just a fraction of what YOU PAID for???? Think about it. It's "ok" for a person who's claim to fame is using that same vernacular and is proud to be a "thug" to say far WORSE than some half dead white guy did to only a fraction of the size of the audience?? :thinking: :thinking:

So let's put all this into REAL perspective shall we?

Imus on a good day has maybe 100,000 loyal listeners. Rappers and entertainers have what? Millions of loyal followers who PAY and make them filthy rich to listen, laugh, and be "entertained" while using 100x's worse derrogatory vocabulary. Then how come Sharpton, Jackson, now even the Mayor is all up in arms about that? What exactly is sooooo important about a relatively insignificant person that has very little to no impact on society as a whole, especially when compared to the iconic pedestal today's youth put "entertainers" on????

Is it really that important to fight this battle when there are so many more important and higher impact battles to be fought?

"B"
04-11-2007, 11:24 AM
I personally love nappy headed hos.

Vteckidd
04-11-2007, 12:37 PM
reread my last post jaime, i added alot to it lol

Vteckidd
04-11-2007, 12:38 PM

How come Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are so quick to jump on this issue, but they neglect the much more serious issues affecting the "black community". How about the 50% drop out rate in inner city high schools or how about 80% of people incarcerated in the US are black. How come domestically African Americans have the highest pregnancy rate under the age of 20, highest illegitamacy rate, etc etc etc.

Larry Elder
http://www.ocregister.com/newsimages/commentary/syndicated/Larry.Elder.large.jpg

He makes very good points, why do Sharpton and Jackson try to champion this incident like its the biggest thing since david duke. Why is this issue getting SO MUCH attention, is it REALLY that bad for race relations? is it really as bad as everyone is making it out to seem?

If they are such champions of the black community, where are they on the issues that MATTER like the ones listed above. Surely calling someone a "nappy headed ho" is not in the same league as the SCARY statistics listed above.

How come other people are allowed to get away with MUCH WORSE, like this comment Hilary Clinton made recently:

how come that never got any attention? where were people when she made that comment?

Tracy
04-11-2007, 01:15 PM
Uhhhhh guys, there were white women on that team, too. If I'm not mistaken he was referring to the team as a whole. The white girls also got called nappy headed ho's. The most hilariuos thing to me is that I call my little sister a nappy headed ho all of the time....she's white, obviously. This has gone on for years before Imus. She has the nappiest hair I have ever seen. She finally has gotten control over it with the use of gel, but before that it was terrible. I never said it with the intent on being racists. I sai dit because I thought that she has nappy hair. I say nappy all of the time and usually it has nothing to do with hair. I use nappy in place of nasty...like "damn that pasta was nappy" or "damn, that girl has a nappy outfit on". :D Either way, I'm sure he offended some folks. Howard Stern did it for years and still does. People just think it's funny. Mencia does it everyday on his show and people just think it's funny. I think it should be up to the company he works for if he gets fired. They should have the say over whether ot not he represents the image they are trying to portray for his talk show :)

Kamikaze
04-11-2007, 01:16 PM
I've said it a million times folks. If you play into the hand that the racists and the bigots stereotype you into, YOU are the bigger fool for giving them ammo to shoot you with.

Exactly. :goodjob:

The more the Black community backs bigots and racists like Sharpton and Jackson, the bigger the black eye to the community as a whole. Some people don't get that. Equality is not division. Equality is not choosing one side over the other. Equality is calling a spade a spade, REGARDLESS of color/race.

True equality won't occur until "race (http:///#)" as we know it disappears. Once we all intermix and blend until you can't tell who's what, then maybe there will be equality. But even then I bet someone will come up with something to create division.

To all of you that dismiss the notions of bringing "rappers" or "entertainers" into this mix, you are just perpetuating that same laisse faire attitude. 50 cent didn't sell millions of records to just white America. As a matter of fact, truth be known I'm willing to bet that the scale swings widely the other way.

IIRC, I read somewhere that the majority of the sales from the Rap/Hip Hop genre comes from white listeners. I could be wrong but for some reason that came to mind when I read your post.

Now, if you think it's "OK" for him to use the N word and call women "ho's" and "bitches" enough to pay $12 for his CD.....why is it so bad when a total unknown to you (many of us have confessed that we don't listen to Imus) says just a fraction of what YOU PAID for???? Think about it. It's "ok" for a person who's claim to fame is using that same vernacular and is proud to be a "thug" to say far WORSE than some half dead white guy did to only a fraction of the size of the audience?? :thinking: :thinking:

It's not "OK" for anyone to say it. It's just not as big of a deal when the person is of the same race or part of another minority. Plus, there's still a lot of animosity between Blacks and Whites in the South. Some things aren't easily forgoten or forgiven even if the person/people you're hostile towards had nothing to do with it. No, it isn't fair but neither is life.

Is it really that important to fight this battle when there are so many more important and higher impact battles to be fought?

No. The problem is that most people have their priorities arranged in such a way that they make sure they get the maximum benefit regardless of how it affects the greater cause.

JITB
04-11-2007, 01:20 PM
i dotn even think its the nappy headed hoes thing, and even the fact that the team is mostly black. its the fact that he had no reason to say it. And it was terrible timing, why talk that much shit about those girls when they were doing soo much good at that time. WE all agree it was stupid to say, everything else is just for the media.

it has to be a big deal to soemone because one of msnbc's biggest sponsors pulled their ads from his show..

AirMax95
04-11-2007, 02:19 PM
He singled out a group, a team.....directed the comment to the whole team.

I read this whole thread, I would rather have this kind of discussion in person (makes it a lot more real)

Jesse and Al have not left the times of the 60's, the mind set that they are stuck in is not all that bad. They are actually, in my eyes, ensuring that acts of racism do not go unheard. Yes they blow it out of proportion sometimes, but it is what it is.

As I said before, he directed the comment to the team! There was not an ounce of doubt as to who he was speaking about (RUTGERS WOMENS BASKETBALL TEAM), also, it was public. They were humiliated in front of all who heard it. If any one here was exposed nationally and called out of their name in a negative light, they would be pissed. Notice I do not pull the race card, screw race......call any PERSON out of their name and I guarantee they will not like it. They may not call you a name back, fight you, or protest.....but it will not be appreciated.

Screw RACE, IMUS (to a certain extent), AL (to a certain extent), and Jesse (to a certain extent). They all took the situation and made it worse. AL/Jesse for exposing it in a racial light & IMUS for saying it and trying to justify it.....

Stereotypes are killing society everyday, most of those players (if not all) are super scholars, great athletes, and great people. They did not deserve to be called out of their name.

Oh, and for ALL the people who feel its okay to call some a derogatory name because SOMEONE ELSE (rappers, true racist, people in general) said it.....You are a follower of a sorry ass crowd of humans that will NEVER be leaders.....just think about it......

If I stepped on toes, call me out........ :blah:

AirMax95
04-11-2007, 02:20 PM
and I do not like 50 cents music, terrible

Maniaç
04-11-2007, 02:21 PM
Mike this thread's worthless... you know its bad don't act like its not. you know what killer meant.

/thread

AirMax95
04-11-2007, 02:24 PM

Larry Elder

thanks for posting this......Larry is a standup guy who will HOPEFULLY grow a bigger, more educated crowd to the REAL topics in the world....

Lucky DAWG
04-11-2007, 02:26 PM
Uhhhhh guys, there were white women on that team, too. If I'm not mistaken he was referring to the team as a whole. The white girls also got called nappy headed ho's. The most hilariuos thing to me is that I call my little sister a nappy headed ho all of the time....she's white, obviously. This has gone on for years before Imus. She has the nappiest hair I have ever seen. She finally has gotten control over it with the use of gel, but before that it was terrible. I never said it with the intent on being racists. I sai dit because I thought that she has nappy hair. I say nappy all of the time and usually it has nothing to do with hair. I use nappy in place of nasty...like "damn that pasta was nappy" or "damn, that girl has a nappy outfit on". :D Either way, I'm sure he offended some folks. Howard Stern did it for years and still does. People just think it's funny. Mencia does it everyday on his show and people just think it's funny. I think it should be up to the company he works for if he gets fired. They should have the say over whether :)ot not he represents the image they are trying to portray for his talk show

thats what we should really be mad about it
what a joke he is

Professor X
04-11-2007, 05:55 PM
I agree with what has been posted the last two pages. I never was offended by what was said. I just believe certain people like to push the envelope. The HOES part was just as bad as far as I am concerned. DISRESPECT and RACISM in my eyes are a problem. As far as freedom of speech is concerned, there is a small word called censorship. By the way, the points are good. Keep them up.

Jaimecbr900
04-11-2007, 07:59 PM
He singled out a group, a team.....directed the comment to the whole team.

He tried to make a joke. It wasn't funny and it backfired. But I'm certain that the guy is not smart enough or David Duke enough to have gotten up the other morning and thought ahead as to what stupidity he was gonna spew out of his mouth.

So wrong, he just said something stupid in the spur of the moment.

Jesse and Al have not left the times of the 60's, the mind set that they are stuck in is not all that bad.

Are you on crack?

They are both racists and bigots. They only fight when they can twist things around to be about what they're not. They are a sorry example of what "leaders" and "prominent figures" representing anyone should be. They are biased, they lie, they never admit their own faults, they proclaim to be preachers yet they advocate hate and separation, they show boat in front of cameras......should I go on?.....should I go and find a hundred examples of how they ONLY play the race card to their advantage???

If you look up to either one of those two clowns, you need better role models. Those two are the worst two you could have picked.

They are actually, in my eyes, ensuring that acts of racism do not go unheard.

Sorry, BS again.

They may show boat in front of the camera with their rehearsed speeches and tired excuses, but they certainly do not shine any positive light on anything.

How come you are glossing over Tawana Brawley? What about Washington Heights? How about Katrina? How about the many people that have been killed when either of these two numbnuts decides to stir up the crowd into a feeding frenzy? How come all that is swept under the rug? Show me in any one of those instances where they made sure that "racism didn't go unheard". They called something racist that wasn't and never came back to appologize for screwing up even after it was proven beyond any doubt they were wrong. Some leaders. :rolleyes:

Both of them are nothing more than common race pimps, period. They know nothing else, they contribute nothing else. They are the PT Barnum's of the Black community Circus.

Yes they blow it out of proportion sometimes, but it is what it is.

Again, BS. They are professional inciter's of hate. They only use their clout to fan the flames of racism themselves. That is counter productive. They may show up to a soup kitchen to shake hands and kiss babies every blue moon, but they certainly don't roll up their sleeves and put their best foot forward to better their fellow man. They are like a pyromaniac. They start a fire and then get off watching it burn.

As I said before, he directed the comment to the team! There was not an ounce of doubt as to who he was speaking about (RUTGERS WOMENS BASKETBALL TEAM), also, it was public. They were humiliated in front of all who heard it. If any one here was exposed nationally and called out of their name in a negative light, they would be pissed. Notice I do not pull the race card, screw race......call any PERSON out of their name and I guarantee they will not like it. They may not call you a name back, fight you, or protest.....but it will not be appreciated.

I'll say it again.....SO???? What exactly is all the hoopla about? People get called "ho's" every damn day. Why is some old has been man in front of a mic any different? Turn on the TV to VH1, MTV, or BET right now. I'm willing to be that if there any rap or hip hop videos on there is atleast one thing, if not 100, that could piss off someone somewhere if they really wanted to make a big deal about it. Turn on the radio, the same thing happens. Go to a movie, the same thing happens. Hell, drive down the road and you may even see a bumper sticker or T-shirt that says something you don't like. Where does any of that give anyone the right to make a mountain out of a mole hill and make it into a Congressional inquiry????

GET A LIFE. Worry about your own backyard. Keep a roof over your head. Take care of your family. Be a father to your children. Be a good husband to your wife. Be a good son to your parents. Be someone that children want to be like because you are a positive role model. Be a productive member of your community.

Think about it. Doesn't that sound infinitely more productive and useful than making a big deal about what some old man said over 2 secs on the radio???

Stereotypes are killing society everyday, most of those players (if not all) are super scholars, great athletes, and great people. They did not deserve to be called out of their name.

True.

Oh, and for ALL the people who feel its okay to call some a derogatory name because SOMEONE ELSE (rappers, true racist, people in general) said it.....You are a follower of a sorry ass crowd of humans that will NEVER be leaders.....just think about it......

Again, true.

Lucky DAWG
04-11-2007, 08:08 PM
i qouted you in my thread jaime
hope you don't mind

Vteckidd
04-11-2007, 08:24 PM
Another Jesse jackson fact:

When the Duke Lacrosse players were ACCUSED of raping that stripper, Jackson went on national television claiming racism and a great injustice had been done. He offered a scholarship to the young lady for FREE because she had been raped.

Now, there was NO CREDIBLE evidence at the time to connect the DUKE players or the stripper. Yet he swore up and down they were guilty.

TODAY THEY WERE FOUND INNOCENT OF ALL CHARGES, AND NO EVIDENCE, INCLUDING DNA, CONNECTS THEM TO ANY FORM OF RAPE TO THAT WOMAN.

do i see an apolagie from Jesse Jackson? will he still give her that scholarship? im not holding my breath

Professor X
04-11-2007, 10:25 PM
Another Jesse jackson fact:

When the Duke Lacrosse players were ACCUSED of raping that stripper, Jackson went on national television claiming racism and a great injustice had been done. He offered a scholarship to the young lady for FREE because she had been raped.

Now, there was NO CREDIBLE evidence at the time to connect the DUKE players or the stripper. Yet he swore up and down they were guilty.

TODAY THEY WERE FOUND INNOCENT OF ALL CHARGES, AND NO EVIDENCE, INCLUDING DNA, CONNECTS THEM TO ANY FORM OF RAPE TO THAT WOMAN.

do i see an apolagie from Jesse Jackson? will he still give her that scholarship? im not holding my breath

This is why it is so uncalled for to assume something without all of the facts. Now everyone who jumped down those guys throat looks dumb. Those guys definately deserve an apology. Race should never have even been brought up here. It was merely a coincidence that the girl was black. I am sick and tired of everytime a situation arising between people, race being the driving force. I will be the first to admit that I know several racist people and they are all BLACK! There I said it, there are racist black people. If you judge someone or a group of people based on race; you're a racist. If you judge someone based on sex; you're a sexist. Both equally stupid. It does not matter whether you're black or white or asian or hispanic.

AirMax95
04-12-2007, 08:53 AM
He tried to make a joke. It wasn't funny and it backfired. But I'm certain that the guy is not smart enough or David Duke enough to have gotten up the other morning and thought ahead as to what stupidity he was gonna spew out of his mouth.

So wrong, he just said something stupid in the spur of the moment.

Are you on crack?

They are both racists and bigots. They only fight when they can twist things around to be about what they're not. They are a sorry example of what "leaders" and "prominent figures" representing anyone should be. They are biased, they lie, they never admit their own faults, they proclaim to be preachers yet they advocate hate and separation, they show boat in front of cameras......should I go on?.....should I go and find a hundred examples of how they ONLY play the race card to their advantage???

If you look up to either one of those two clowns, you need better role models. Those two are the worst two you could have picked.

Sorry, BS again.

They may show boat in front of the camera with their rehearsed speeches and tired excuses, but they certainly do not shine any positive light on anything.

How come you are glossing over Tawana Brawley? What about Washington Heights? How about Katrina? How about the many people that have been killed when either of these two numbnuts decides to stir up the crowd into a feeding frenzy? How come all that is swept under the rug? Show me in any one of those instances where they made sure that "racism didn't go unheard". They called something racist that wasn't and never came back to appologize for screwing up even after it was proven beyond any doubt they were wrong. Some leaders. :rolleyes:

Both of them are nothing more than common race pimps, period. They know nothing else, they contribute nothing else. They are the PT Barnum's of the Black community Circus.

Again, BS. They are professional inciter's of hate. They only use their clout to fan the flames of racism themselves. That is counter productive. They may show up to a soup kitchen to shake hands and kiss babies every blue moon, but they certainly don't roll up their sleeves and put their best foot forward to better their fellow man. They are like a pyromaniac. They start a fire and then get off watching it burn.

I'll say it again.....SO???? What exactly is all the hoopla about? People get called "ho's" every damn day. Why is some old has been man in front of a mic any different? Turn on the TV to VH1, MTV, or BET right now. I'm willing to be that if there any rap or hip hop videos on there is atleast one thing, if not 100, that could piss off someone somewhere if they really wanted to make a big deal about it. Turn on the radio, the same thing happens. Go to a movie, the same thing happens. Hell, drive down the road and you may even see a bumper sticker or T-shirt that says something you don't like. Where does any of that give anyone the right to make a mountain out of a mole hill and make it into a Congressional inquiry????

GET A LIFE. Worry about your own backyard. Keep a roof over your head. Take care of your family. Be a father to your children. Be a good husband to your wife. Be a good son to your parents. Be someone that children want to be like because you are a positive role model. Be a productive member of your community.

Think about it. Doesn't that sound infinitely more productive and useful than making a big deal about what some old man said over 2 secs on the radio???

True.

Again, true.

Tis why I do not like web debates, I would rather speak in person. You broke apart my whole point.

I will shorten and try again:

I do not care for Jesse or Al.

They pull the race card way more than need be while attempting to expose all RACIAL ACTIVITY. The good thing is that alot of real racial issues are brought to light, the SUPER NEGATIVE is that more of the real issues get labeled as racist and are not. They both have fought the good fight ALOT, sadly they have been sucked into mainstream and got very damn greedy.

I never said I looked up to them, my role models are not/never will be those two.

And the main point is that they offended a group of women who did nothing to them. They were publicly humiliated and put into a category that they did not belong in.

And yes all that you said about being a good father, etc. is true and more productive than the issues at hand.

I just feel that more women/people who respect themselves to a higher degree would stop letting people walk over them. He offended them, they are pissed, he was dealt with accordingly.......

And please keep the "are you on crack" comments

AirMax95
04-12-2007, 08:56 AM
I FREAKING HATE RACE RELATED ARGUMENTS and ISSUES!!!!! :2up:

Kamikaze
04-12-2007, 08:59 AM
I FREAKING HATE RACE (#) RELATED ARGUMENTS and ISSUES!!!!! :2up:

Tell us how you really feel. :yes:

j/k :D I don't dislike these kinds of discussions because it gives you a chance to see how people really are.

AirMax95
04-12-2007, 09:09 AM
Tell us how you really feel. :yes:

j/k :D I don't dislike these kinds of discussions because it gives you a chance to see how people really are.

lol.......

I understand you completely. I graduated from Georgia Southern., very mixed campus. While there, I was active on campus and we had forums of this nature, face to face. Some were productive, others were not. It is scary to see how people really are because some of my close friends said things that I NEVER knew they felt. Usually it was a blanket stereotype, grouping people as a whole.

This has made me respect some people on IA beacuse I feel everyone on this post who said something intelligent (opinion right or wrong) is learning something!

ok, yes I am a nerd :D

Kamikaze
04-12-2007, 09:19 AM
lol.......

I understand you completely. I graduated from Georgia Southern., very mixed campus. While there, I was active on campus and we had forums of this nature, face to face. Some were productive, others were not. It is scary to see how people really are because some of my close friends said things that I NEVER knew they felt. Usually it was a blanket stereotype, grouping people as a whole.

This has made me respect some people on IA beacuse I feel everyone on this post who said something intelligent (opinion right or wrong) is learning something!

ok, yes I am a nerd :D

Hmmm... I wouldn't mind going to one of those forums. I think I would enjoy myself lol. :D

Jaimecbr900
04-12-2007, 12:02 PM
I will shorten and try again:

I do not care for Jesse or Al.

Well atleast we agree on that point.

They pull the race card way more than need be while attempting to expose all RACIAL ACTIVITY.

Again we certainly agree.

The good thing is that alot of real racial issues are brought to light, the SUPER NEGATIVE is that more of the real issues get labeled as racist and are not.

And we were doing so good.... :D This is where I have a problem with your statement. If the BAD outweigh the good......what real good comes out of it??? Doesn't that still leave us in the NEGATIVE territory? If we were speaking in math terms, wouldn't that still leave us a negative number? If it were a business, wouldn't that still leave us in the "red"??? So a little in the red or a lot in the red is still BAD, right? So therefore, like I've said a million times, Al and Jesse bring NOTHING productive to the table if what they write with their hand they erase with their elbow. ;)

They both have fought the good fight ALOT, sadly they have been sucked into mainstream and got very damn greedy.

While I agree they are both greedy, see right above why they really haven't fought a "good fight". They've fought alright, but certainly not fought well.

I never said I looked up to them, my role models are not/never will be those two.

Then don't defend them or condone what they do. They are not Black idiots, just idiots.

And the main point is that they offended a group of women who did nothing to them. They were publicly humiliated and put into a category that they did not belong in.

You're right, but what category are you talking about?

And yes all that you said about being a good father, etc. is true and more productive than the issues at hand.

Thank you. :goodjob:

I just feel that more women/people who respect themselves to a higher degree would stop letting people walk over them. He offended them, they are pissed, he was dealt with accordingly.......

Probably so.

And please keep the "are you on crack" comments

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that your judgement was clouded by crack when you kept defending dumb and dumber, but if you wanna say you were totally sane when you did that....... :D ;)