PDA

View Full Version : sPRINT IS F**kin

B16a2 Civic
06-28-2005, 08:34 AM
Sprint is FUCKIN UP

well ma first phone fucked cause a stupid brizzle threw it in teh toilet...so then sprint sends me another phone.....same model i first bought shown herehttps://activate.sprintpcs.com/media/Assets/Equipment/Handsets/SCP5500KIT_m_3165bf.gif
which is basically the first cam/video that came out begining 2004....so the one they send me is fucked up....all the buttons on the right dont work...so i let them know and they send me another one...this time as they see that they know fucked up they send me the newest cam/video phone out...shown herehttp://www1.sprintpcs.com/media/Assets/Equipment/Handsets/Phones/MM7400KIT_s_58c07b.jpghttp://www1.sprintpcs.com/media/Assets/ueContent/phones/wow-phoneDetailsMM7400KIT.gif well i call in to activate it last night...wake up thinkin its gon work.....wake up this mornin to check my voicemail, shit aint workin, i call sprint, they say put in thsi program code so they can program it, the phone isn't accepting it, they send me over to tech ( mind you this is like 7:00 am this morn) they cant program it, they suggest talk to the insurance people who sent me the claim or go to the sprint store and have them try ( wha tah fuck, you think im stupid, i did exactly what ya'll said on how to program it, fuck outta hea) so i call the insurance folks...they line dont open till 8...i call at 8, then they are like ( well sir this is a new phone, before we can send anything else out, you have to go to teh sprint store and have them try to program it ( again you stupid brizzle, im not stupid, the program code is like ##927247#)....so i go to the sprint store by Target, goin across tha 4 way light i scrap my bumper ( lord knows how) and i get there....AND THA FUCKIN STORE OPENS AT 10...and closes at 7...i get off at 6:30.....
On top of this, for some reason everyone in my area has been having low signal and a billion dropped calls, Sprint said they are lookin into it as alot of people in tha area called bout it.
Now dont get me wrong, it was nice for Sprint to send me the newest video phone out...but i would be happy with a working phone.....

SNapper
06-28-2005, 08:40 AM
go to cingular, they have bad ass phones and you'll never lose service

lilgapeach
06-28-2005, 08:49 AM
Damn you are having a ruff day already. Sorry bout your phone troubles. I hope everything works out for you.

HiPSI
06-28-2005, 10:08 AM
honestly, there has been a rash of shitty phones coming from the insurance company lately. being a tech i get to deal with tons of bullshit like that and it's getting tiresome for me just like it's pissing you off. both the 5500 you had and the new 7400 they sent you are great phones when you have one that's in working order. honestly man, call up the insurance company and give them your thoughts and tell them they need to send you another phone asap. your previous calls/issues should be noted and they shouldn't give you any problems in doing it. if they do then my store *duluth* is open until 8 every night and you can bring the phone there when you get off work and we'll get you taken care of. if you go today or tomorrow you can ask for Kevin (other tech at my store) or i'll be back at work thursday through the weekend. let me know if you're gonna go down there and i'll call and give them a head's up that you're coming.

quickdodgeŽ
06-28-2005, 10:12 AM
^^^ Damn, he's all the way out in Columbus, Erin, lolol. You'd have to stay open a little while longer for him to drive to you. But good advice on the insurance calling. Later, QD>

B16a2 Civic
06-28-2005, 10:20 AM
Thanks man, ppreciate ya extending a hand to help me out, i work in a call center so i dont like pestering em, i know how it feels sometimes to have people just call all frustrated...but tha thing is the insurance folks did it to me twice ya know....they also sent my sister a replacement phone all scratched up and their response was " its refurbished (sp).....i just know if they dont act right on thsi third phone or get this new one workin...we have a serious problem....more or less, i might end up sellin tah replacement phoen they send me, sell it and activate my sidekick 2

Pablo
06-28-2005, 10:34 AM
i dont know about you, but i had a 5500 and i currently have a 7400 and they work perfect.
the insurace company just sends out shity phones.

B16a2 Civic
06-28-2005, 10:39 AM
i dont know about you, but i had a 5500 and i currently have a 7400 and they work perfect.
the insurace company just sends out shity phones.

i should have put Lock Line, Sprint Insurance is fuckin up....
the phone i first had w/ sprint is VM4500, they just replaced it with MM 7400...you work in the call center or the store Pablo?

Pablo
06-28-2005, 10:40 AM
i work at the actual store.....
and the sprint insurace is lock line'

by the way, the vm4500 is also known as the vm5500

B16a2 Civic
06-28-2005, 10:44 AM
i work at the actual store.....
and the sprint insurace is lock line'

by the way, the vm4500 is also known as the vm5500

ooh aiigh, well i like the new video phone, it records 20 sec videos now rather then 15, and if i read the lil booklet right, i can assign video's to callers when they call now...i want to keep it but they cant activate it or program it, i even still have all tha lil plastic coverings on it

kelly marie
06-28-2005, 10:50 AM
:rant: i had sprint for four months and i hated every minute... my phone was constantly shut off because of that "credit balance" thing they have... my phone was awesome.. it was a sanyo i believe but it took great pics... i have since switched to verizon and now with cingular (fee mobile to mobile all over baby!!)... i go thru phones quick...

Pablo
06-28-2005, 10:51 AM
ooh aiigh, well i like the new video phone, it records 20 sec videos now rather then 15, and if i read the lil booklet right, i can assign video's to callers when they call now...i want to keep it but they cant activate it or program it, i even still have all tha lil plastic coverings on it
the 7400 can record a 30 second video. and it is a multimedia phone. i use it to watch tv

B16a2 Civic
06-28-2005, 10:57 AM
the 7400 can record a 30 second video. and it is a multimedia phone. i use it to watch tv

well lets trade ....and you can work this problem out, oh yeah this one says multimedia on it and has amedia player but i havent been able to use it

Pablo
06-28-2005, 11:07 AM
if you click on media player in your menu, you can get to it. you have to make sure that your vision services are activated

B16a2 Civic
06-28-2005, 11:08 AM
if you click on media player in your menu, you can get to it. you have to make sure that your vision services are activated

i have Vision and all that...but they cant program or activate this new phone...so i cant take advantage of it yet :(...i have to see if a tech at sprint can fix it or i gotta send it back

Pablo
06-28-2005, 11:33 AM
i am a tech at sprint

LaurenK
06-28-2005, 12:00 PM
go to cingular, they have bad ass phones and you'll never lose service
I have to say I agree,...Cingular is where it's at. Besides, since they merged with AT&T so many more people have the service, and Mobile to mobile saves my life.
My phone:

http://www.shopforphones.co.uk/images/motorola/motorola-mpx220-silver.jpg

B16a2 Civic
06-28-2005, 12:46 PM
Well Pablo could you tell me (or hypothiosize) why my phone wont program r activate...they told me to put a code like ##927***# somethin like that but my phone wouldn't take it

TKellarB
06-28-2005, 04:47 PM
Verizon rocks!!! :D
Awesome customer service and I don't ever lose calls!

gtikid
06-28-2005, 05:00 PM
i had the same problem too with that same exact phone...i just got it workin last nite and i love it! :goodjob: that phone is fucking pimp...i had just programmed it wrong the first time with the wrong MSID...i called back and it worked right away...pimp ass phone and i love sprint...i dont drop calls for shit

B16a2 Civic
06-28-2005, 05:12 PM
i had the same problem too with that same exact phone...i just got it workin last nite and i love it! :goodjob: that phone is fucking pimp...i had just programmed it wrong the first time with the wrong MSID...i called back and it worked right away...pimp ass phone and i love sprint...i dont drop calls for shit

word? they asked for the number at the top when you take the battery off..i gave it to them but they still aint get it programmed im about to get off and im gon have to vtec my ass to the sprint store before they close....
oh yeah pablo, you still on i have to ask you somethin about transferring your phone book memory

Julio
06-28-2005, 05:17 PM
Cingular baby.

gtikid
06-28-2005, 05:30 PM
word? they asked for the number at the top when you take the battery off..i gave it to them but they still aint get it programmed im about to get off and im gon have to vtec my ass to the sprint store before they close....
oh yeah pablo, you still on i have to ask you somethin about transferring your phone book memory

yea dude i called and got it programmed like in less than 5 minutes...and it worked right away...and yea i have the same question about transferring my phone book

HiPSI
06-28-2005, 10:06 PM
^^^ Damn, he's all the way out in Columbus, Erin, lolol. You'd have to stay open a little while longer for him to drive to you. But good advice on the insurance calling. Later, QD>

doh, i don't pay attention to locations ;)

HiPSI
06-28-2005, 10:09 PM
Well Pablo could you tell me (or hypothiosize) why my phone wont program r activate...they told me to put a code like ##927***# somethin like that but my phone wouldn't take it

the six digit code is your phone's MSL, it's used to program the phone and perform certain things that the average user should'nt be able to access for the most part. they may have given you the wrong MSL like gtikid was saying happened to him. sometimes the MSL in the system has been the wrong MSL, which a tech at a store can pull off the phone to get the correct one for sure.

B16a2 Civic
06-29-2005, 09:41 AM
well....the problem was with Sprint Customer Service...they couldn't program it cause the rep i called to activate it....NEVER ACTIVATED IT....so the sprint folks at the store did that for me...they said that my old phone was still in use....Thanks HiPSI and Pablo for ya'llz help, nice to knwo our mods and owners at IA are multi talented :)

gtikid
06-30-2005, 02:02 PM
can i take my phone to a sprint phone and get yall to transfer my phone book?

Kevykev
06-30-2005, 02:03 PM
^ supposedly, didn't work on my n400 so i had to take an 11 page printout.

B16a2 Civic
06-30-2005, 02:04 PM

Lol...i gotta take mine up there 2morrow when i get time...i pray it transfers, valuable #'s in there

gtikid
06-30-2005, 02:08 PM

daaaaaaaaamn...i hope mine transfer man b/c that's a buttload of pages and i dont feel like puttin those all in there myself