PDA

View Full Version : So, what did everyone run at commerce on friday...

gsujeff5
06-28-2005, 07:26 AM
What did you guys run? Mainly concerned with ct9gsr but everyone else as well.

Anyone know what he ran?

tony
06-28-2005, 08:06 AM
my best was 12.9, I think charles (ct9gsr) was having major problems with his clutch that night

Big Baller
06-28-2005, 09:51 AM
Huh, that sucks. Hes making alot more power now than when he got that clutch, maybe its time for an upgrade.

Matt

B18c1Turboed
06-28-2005, 10:22 AM
What did you guys run? Mainly concerned with ct9gsr but everyone else as well.

Anyone know what he ran?

Not as fast as he claimed it should!!! HAHA

93H22ACX
06-28-2005, 10:23 AM
white eg=11.4@139 (eg=11.4@139) (problems with shifter cable and rear bracket) and the gold eg=10.3@145 (eg=10.3@145)

B18c1Turboed
06-28-2005, 10:58 AM
For someone calling everone out damm his car is SLOW!!
heres what i mean

http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=8713

Better luck next time!!!

tony
06-28-2005, 12:50 PM
I think anyone would run slow times if your clutch isn't engaging like it should. I wouldn't call 12's without the ability to really shift into second or third gear slow but I could be wrong..

Jehu
06-28-2005, 12:50 PM
14.8 @ 94 for me. Thinking about making a trip to Steele, Al to see what the difference would be...

93H22ACX
06-28-2005, 12:53 PM
I think anyone would run slow times if your clutch isn't engaging like it should. I wouldn't call 12's without the ability to really shift into second or third gear slow but I could be wrong..

its not...i was having the same problem...but only in 2nd... ever tried 1st to 3rd lol

Jehu
06-28-2005, 01:27 PM
its not...i was having the same problem...but only in 2nd... ever tried 1st to 3rd lol
Not 1st to 3rd but 2nd to 4th once. I had a friend that had a bad 3rd gear synchro (go figure why he was at the strip). He was like doing 2nd best for all the 3rd gen Ludes that where there (behind me). So we decided to do a "handicapped" run together with only 1st, 2nd, and 4th.

BTW, I still beat him! ;) He was running like 16.9's and I ran a 16.7 against him (had a fun time finding 4th from 2nd though...could have been a little bit faster I'm sure).

Kind of reminded me of the time I went from 1st to 4th in a friends H22 3rd gen when he first got it swapped. He kept his original shifter making the shift pattern upside down. 2nd is where 1st was and 1st was where 2nd was...follow that routine all the way across. I took off in first and when I shifted, I did what I thought was the normal 2nd to 3rd shift but in his car I was really in 1st and shifted to 4th! I about gave myself whiplash! :crazy: :lmfao:

Tracy
06-28-2005, 01:32 PM
my best was 12.9, I think charles (ct9gsr) was having major problems with his clutch that night

That sucks! He hasn't called us to let us know he had a problem with the clutch. I wonder what happened. He's been running it for 2 almost 3 months with no problems. He is making more power now and TQ, maybe that's it. That clutch is rated for like 420 ftlbs of TQ (I think...don't quote me. But that's why we had to get an upgraded clutch). I think he has like 430 now. ??????

tony
06-28-2005, 02:06 PM
14.8 @ 94 for me. Thinking about making a trip to Steele, Al to see what the difference would be...

I'll be making that same trip myself, I like it there a lot more than I like commerce. Let me know when you are going and I'll follow ya. I've been there once and its the best track I've been to yet.

sirhatch1030
06-28-2005, 02:07 PM
my best was a 13.9 at 101 mph on street tires

93H22ACX
06-28-2005, 02:09 PM
i just didnt like steele's track because of the bumps at the end of the track.

I remember when peter ran there for the NDRA and he bounced so hard he hit his head on the roof.

tony
06-28-2005, 02:09 PM
That sucks! He hasn't called us to let us know he had a problem with the clutch. I wonder what happened. He's been running it for 2 almost 3 months with no problems. He is making more power now and TQ, maybe that's it. That clutch is rated for like 420 ftlbs of TQ (I think...don't quote me. But that's why we had to get an upgraded clutch). I think he has like 430 now. ??????

I think he's putting down 420ftlbs now, whatever it was the thing was rattling like crazy and making a ton of noise.

Tracy, I was wondering if you guys would consider rebuilding a VQ engine with forged internals for me? I'm trying to see what my options are as far as that goes..

93H22ACX
06-28-2005, 02:10 PM
rattles? twin disk rattles...

mabe loose flywheel bolts

B18c1Turboed
06-28-2005, 02:31 PM

Excuses excuses!! You know you cant call people out then make excuses,
shit i ran a 12.4 with my hood flying up and busting my window,and i still got off it half way down the track, you dont see me calling people out then cant preform!!!

SilviaK93
06-28-2005, 03:38 PM
Tracy, I was wondering if you guys would consider rebuilding a VQ engine with forged internals for me? I'm trying to see what my options are as far as that goes..

Tony, I need your job man...........G35 + TT setup + 19's + forged internals= you making to much damn money!!! :D

MSTANGSALEEN
06-28-2005, 04:02 PM
I need to race my motorcycle,just kinda nervouse I have never done it. All I know is my top speed is 189, and yes I was a dummy to find that out on the highway.

Tracy
06-28-2005, 04:49 PM
I think he's putting down 420ftlbs now, whatever it was the thing was rattling like crazy and making a ton of noise.

Yes sir. We would love to! e-mail [email protected] usually that's the best way to make initial contact since we are booked for about 2 months right now (Dan finds it hard to come to the phone since Dan turns wrenches). So if you can be patient we would love to talk to you about what you want to do.

WINDSOR
06-28-2005, 04:53 PM
i think the best time i saw that blue evo run was 12.7@110

tony
06-28-2005, 07:11 PM
Tony, I need your job man...........G35 + TT setup + 19's + forged internals= you making to much damn money!!! :D

lol I really dont feel comfortable pushing it on the stock engine like this. I'm sure it can handle it but somewhere deep down I feel like it wont make it to 50,000 miles w/ stock internals. It would be fun to up the boost and see how much the stock block could handle though... hmm

gsujeff5
06-28-2005, 09:53 PM
hmmm, yeah. he and i have basically the same setup.....but i don't see how he is making 420ft/lbs of torque unless he added some parts rescently.

it does suck to talk trash and have problems...bad luck i guess.

i need to get back to the 1/4...i was pullling some 7.7s in the 1/8th the other day before my clutch took a dump(still stocker) so now i get to upgrade.

and if he got the exedy twin disk, sucks for him...those things have been turning up a lot of problems

Big Baller
06-28-2005, 10:42 PM
He has a cusco twin I think. Yep they rattle. Yep they are exedys. Yep they suck.

Matt

(all opinions expressed above are my personal opinions if you dont like the SHUT THE FUCK UP)

Allstar3.8T
06-28-2005, 10:45 PM
Steele > Commerce
Reynolds (silver dollar) > Steele
I have always like Reynolds better, times are identical in my exp, actually better at Reynolds. Also Reynolds is closer for me and the track is in far better shape....especially run-off ....no pot holes full of muddy water.

tony
06-28-2005, 10:47 PM
when does reynolds have test n tune?

Dragonfly5338
06-29-2005, 02:00 AM
hmmm, yeah. he and i have basically the same setup.....but i don't see how he is making 420ft/lbs of torque unless he added some parts rescently.

it does suck to talk trash and have problems...bad luck i guess.

i need to get back to the 1/4...i was pullling some 7.7s in the 1/8th the other day before my clutch took a dump(still stocker) so now i get to upgrade.

and if he got the exedy twin disk, sucks for him...those things have been turning up a lot of problems

he added methanol injection and a dynoflash. that's all that would be different, i think. (but don't quote me, i dunno what all he has under there, hehe)

i need a clutch too, i miss the track. mine is about to hit the crapper - but so far it's being a trooper, hanging on by its teeth. gotta love evo clutches. :bigok:

Jehu
06-29-2005, 08:33 AM
when does reynolds have test n tune?
Good question...anyone know?

Reynolds and Steele are about the same distance from me. In my experience, I've had better results at Steele but it's been a while since I went to Reynolds so I might have just improved my driving while the track didn't make the difference.

But I remember going to Commerce one night and cutting a mid 16.3 at night and then going to Reynolds the next day for the NOPI show and cutting a 16.301 in the mid days heat (like 140+ track temp!). So I didn't think there was too much difference (maybe a tenth). Though I do remember that they had just repaved the track w/in the last 2 weeks in Reynolds...maybe that made a difference and now it's better?

ct9a gsr
06-29-2005, 10:38 AM
I ran a 12.7, 13.0. 13.2, and 13.5 with 3 gears in all of the runs without the ability to shift gears in under a second. Bad luck, I suppose... but I could care less how slow everyone thinks my car is.

It's not a normal twin-disc rattle sound, more like rocks being thrown around everywhere.

Tony, I told ya some dipshit would come on here and talk trash after my shitty runs with a broken car. =]

Tracy
06-29-2005, 12:25 PM
I ran a 12.7, 13.0. 13.2, and 13.5 with 3 gears in all of the runs without the ability to shift gears in under a second. Bad luck, I suppose... but I could care less how slow everyone thinks my car is.

It's not a normal twin-disc rattle sound, more like rocks being thrown around everywhere.

Tony, I told ya some dipshit would come on here and talk trash after my shitty runs with a broken car. =]

Yep! They always do. Why do you think I'm so defensive? Because everyone always has something to say. It's hard to get props. Most people are haters.

But good job on your runs :)

93H22ACX
06-29-2005, 12:28 PM

i understand you :) i was having the same problem that night. good job without 3rd :goodjob: ... i was having probs with 2nd too

tony
06-29-2005, 01:15 PM
Good question...anyone know?

Reynolds and Steele are about the same distance from me. In my experience, I've had better results at Steele but it's been a while since I went to Reynolds so I might have just improved my driving while the track didn't make the difference.

But I remember going to Commerce one night and cutting a mid 16.3 at night and then going to Reynolds the next day for the NOPI show and cutting a 16.301 in the mid days heat (like 140+ track temp!). So I didn't think there was too much difference (maybe a tenth). Though I do remember that they had just repaved the track w/in the last 2 weeks in Reynolds...maybe that made a difference and now it's better?

I know Steele stays open till 1am on friday nights and they have test n tune on sundays if anyone is up to go?

RUSH
06-29-2005, 02:16 PM
Man you can get on some of these forums with a Bad street car and a Bad drag car, and still get hell from someone! Whats funny is that most of them are like, My uncle's, exgirlfriends, dads friend has a car that will put yours to shame on the strip....Only at the track though cause its not skreet legal!
Its always something, Or I get this one... "Its a dyno queen"
lol... yep, it sure is! A 4cyl close to 11's and is a DD is sweet, and dont let people tell you otherwise! One Of my buddies Ran a 7.98 in the 1/8 with his EVO, which was faster then 85% of the street cars there, and out of the 85% they were all V8's, beside a few hondas, how could you not be impressed!

ct9a gsr.... On the 12.7 run, What was your 1/8 time and trap?

Badazzcr
06-29-2005, 02:32 PM
:cool:

Jehu
06-29-2005, 02:36 PM
rattles? twin disk rattles...

mabe loose flywheel bolts
Well, when I had loose flywheel bolts, all it did was make the clutch engage funky (a bit faster) because the first thing the clutch was hitting was the bolts.

If the bolts are rattling, I'd suspect you'd want to park that bad boy before your fly starts to "fly"!

Sounds more to me like your springs on the clutch are loose and/or ready to fall out...

buddha@TeamFX
06-29-2005, 02:38 PM
we saw a 10.6 outta the chevelle on all motor the other week before we hit the wall

B18c1Turboed
06-29-2005, 02:56 PM
Yep! They always do. Why do you think I'm so defensive? Because everyone always has something to say. It's hard to get props. Most people are haters.

But good job on your runs :)

Yea especially when u come on a sit and call everyone out!!! and the make excuse that you cant go into gears, but your still brave enough to sit out there and tear up a car even tough you know your car isnt running right and wont go into gear!!

I personally think that your making excuses, i mean u where running 12.5 and now your running 12.7 i mean maybe you just cant drive!!

Next time you call people out make sure your car is running good before you make the call out, i mean damm 93h22 car had no rear mount bolt and
shift cable are messing up and he still ran a 11.4 you dont hear excuses from him!!!

CTGSR (whatever your name is) why dont i call you out too the track and
throw some money into the pot for shit and giggles!!!

93H22ACX
06-29-2005, 03:11 PM
Well, when I had loose flywheel bolts, all it did was make the clutch engage funky (a bit faster) because the first thing the clutch was hitting was the bolts.

If the bolts are rattling, I'd suspect you'd want to park that bad boy before your fly starts to "fly"!

Sounds more to me like your springs on the clutch are loose and/or ready to fall out...

if its a twin disk clutch then it will rattle...(the middle plate). If not then it could be the flywheel or clutch bolt that is loose

gsujeff5
06-29-2005, 03:14 PM
you guys trip me out.

Jehu
06-29-2005, 03:33 PM
if its a twin disk clutch then it will rattle...(the middle plate). If not then it could be the flywheel or clutch bolt that is loose
Ah, yes, the twin disk clutch. Forgot about that one...

Clutch bolt is possible...just time to open her up!

gsujeff5
06-29-2005, 04:14 PM
Ah, yes, the twin disk clutch. Forgot about that one...

Clutch bolt is possible...just time to open her up!

whew...if only you knew how much work that is on these damn EVOs....

Tracy
06-29-2005, 04:17 PM
whew...if only you knew how much work that is on these damn EVOs....

X2!!!!

Jehu
06-29-2005, 04:47 PM
Every car takes work, especially went they are raced on the regular!

Tracy
06-29-2005, 05:09 PM
Every car takes work, especially went they are raced on the regular!

X2. Tru dat! I know that better than anybody....especially right now :D

Jehu
06-29-2005, 05:30 PM
I wish I had 400+hp that made me have to work on the ride on the regular! ;)

ct9a gsr
06-29-2005, 06:56 PM
Yea especially when u come on a sit and call everyone out!!! and the make excuse that you cant go into gears, but your still brave enough to sit out there and tear up a car even tough you know your car isnt running right and wont go into gear!!

I personally think that your making excuses, i mean u where running 12.5 and now your running 12.7 i mean maybe you just cant drive!!

Next time you call people out make sure your car is running good before you make the call out, i mean damm 93h22 car had no rear mount bolt and
shift cable are messing up and he still ran a 11.4 you dont hear excuses from him!!!

CTGSR (whatever your name is) why dont i call you out too the track and
throw some money into the pot for shit and giggles!!!

blah blah blah, you're annoying... very annoying. why am I even mentioned in this thread? to laugh at a broken car running insanely slow times with 3 gears and very long delays between shifts? have your shits 'n giggles if that's what gets you off...

anothaRRR
06-29-2005, 08:59 PM
LOL, at first I was like wtf, my shit didnt ratte before. I like my twin disk...

B18c1Turboed
06-30-2005, 07:48 AM
blah blah blah, you're annoying... very annoying. why am I even mentioned in this thread? to laugh at a broken car running insanely slow times with 3 gears and very long delays between shifts? have your shits 'n giggles if that's what gets you off...

No i just like making fun of shit talkers!!! But thanks for asking??

94b20gsr
07-02-2005, 07:47 PM
Silver Dollar has test and tube every friday from 7-11 (Gate opens at 6) website www.silverdollarraceway.com

gsujeff5
07-02-2005, 09:26 PM

i mentioned you because i wanted to know what your times were, i didn't know your car had fugged up.

wasn't tryin to start anything, just wanted to see if you hit 11s