PDA

View Full Version : on thursday i will come to reality...

13Bracer
04-08-2007, 09:15 PM
so awhile back i got a speeding ticket for goin 45 over......and this thursday the time has cometo face my dumbass mistake and face the judge for my fate......i know it was my fault for speeding...and i know nothing good will come from this..
anyone have any good advice....i plan on just goin up there tellin him i was an idiot and wasnt thinking and i am guilty...good call or no?

quickdodge®
04-08-2007, 09:17 PM
Good call. Step up and accept it. I commend you on that. So will the judge. I know he hears so many times all the bullshit that younger people give to try and get out of a ticket. Honesty will help. Big time. Later, QD.

jmmx258
04-08-2007, 09:20 PM
If you can tell if the judge is in a good mood, use a little humor. I was doin 15 over back home and got pulled over. The judge asked my why. I told him well I could lie to you and tell you I didn't, then give you a full of crap reason why it wasn't me. I was stupid enough to do this, but not near enough to lie to you" He laughed, cut my fine in half and dropped coure costs

PhAtBoYMr2
04-08-2007, 09:21 PM
if you don't have a lawyer then you will def get your shit suspended for 6 months

if you don't want the suspension plead NOLO and don't ever go that fast again.....

did you go to jail?

Lucky DAWG
04-08-2007, 09:22 PM
45 over he might not be in that good of a mood
bit different from 15 over to 45 over lol

cactusEG
04-08-2007, 09:23 PM
Good call. Step up and accept it. I commend you on that. So will the judge. I know he hears so many times all the bullshit that younger people give to try and get out of a ticket. Honesty will help. Big time. Later, QD.

maybe but not who knows.. he needs to get a lawyer

13Bracer
04-08-2007, 09:27 PM
if you don't have a lawyer then you will def get your shit suspended for 6 months

if you don't want the suspension plead NOLO and don't ever go that fast again.....

did you go to jail?

well no i didnt go to jail....no i am not goin to have a lawyer...

thanks man.....just figured that was the best thing to do...man up to the shit you did..

oh yeah and is there a way i can not get my shit suspended...i go to school full time and have a full time job...so i kinda need my car..?

Lucky DAWG
04-08-2007, 09:29 PM
well no i didnt go to jail....no i am not goin to have a lawyer...

thanks man.....just figured that was the best thing to do...man up to the shit you did..

oh yeah and is there a way i can not get my shit suspended...i go to school full time and have a full time job...so i kinda need my car..?

if you need your car then it shouldn't be difficult to see that you NEED a lawyer. 45 over is a big deal

quickdodge®
04-08-2007, 09:29 PM
With that mileage over, it's very hard to say. You can try asking the solicitor about a work/school license. Later, QD.

Jecht
04-08-2007, 09:33 PM
With that mileage over, it's very hard to say. You can try asking the solicitor about a work/school license. Later, QD.

He really needs a lawyer. My speeding ticket last year was for 27 over and I was told that there was no way I would keep my license if I didn't get a lawyer.

13Bracer
04-08-2007, 09:34 PM

yeah its very hard to say....well im goin to talk to a solicitor tomorrow so we will see how that goes..and i will ask them about that...thanks

if you need your car then it shouldn't be difficult to see that you NEED a lawyer. 45 over is a big deal

yeah i know its a big deal...thas why im a lil sccared on goin to court..i would hire a lwyer but from the car i drive(refer to sig) im a lil broke right now..stupid ass rotary!!!:no:

SampaGuy
04-08-2007, 09:36 PM
lawyer saved my ass from a 25 over. get one

Lucky DAWG
04-08-2007, 09:36 PM
yeah its very hard to say....well im goin to talk to a solicitor tomorrow so we will see how that goes..and i will ask them about that...thanks

yeah i know its a big deal...thas why im a lil sccared on goin to court..i would hire a lwyer but from the car i drive(refer to sig) im a lil broke right now..stupid ass rotary!!!:no:

i c

well not to be negative, but in all honesty i don't think there is a way you will keep your full license, maybe a permit for work or school like QD you can argue for. but just to drive around is very unlikely that you will keep it w/o a lawyer.

be prepared for the worst in other words, not saying it will happen; but then you won't get let down and you will have a better argument. If you are defending yourself though just plead guilty and have a good speach prepared for how sorry you are and how you really need your license, maybe the judge will take pity

13Bracer
04-08-2007, 09:41 PM
i c

well not to be negative, but in all honesty i don't think there is a way you will keep your full license, maybe a permit for work or school like QD you can argue for. but just to drive around is very unlikely that you will keep it w/o a lawyer.

be prepared for the worst in other words, not saying it will happen; but then you won't get let down and you will have a better argument. If you are defending yourself though just plead guilty and have a good speach prepared for how sorry you are and how you really need your license, maybe the judge will take pity

yeah i will more then likely be defending myself...but im going to try and push for a permit for work and school........
oh yeah and i am never speeding again!!!!Ha

Mr_S13®
04-08-2007, 09:55 PM
That sucks man. I spent 6 months without a license when I was 18. It was awful.

SPOOLIN
04-08-2007, 10:22 PM
That sucks man. I spent 6 months without a license when I was 18. It was awful.

me too, i sat at home and painted my car. LOL

TIGERJC
04-08-2007, 10:31 PM
how much are you selling the rx7 for

Lucky DAWG
04-08-2007, 10:37 PM
how much are you selling the rx7 for

:lmfao:

that or sell a kidney
so cold haha

TIGERJC
04-08-2007, 10:46 PM
I am not trying to be a dick. But if you can't afford a lawyer, I really doubt u can afford the high ass fine you're about to get. I hope you can use public transporation or friends that will drive you ever where, if not yoiu're fucked

PhAtBoYMr2
04-08-2007, 10:56 PM
I'm pretty sure the judge will be pretty harsh on you man, I mean there is no reason to be going 45+ in the judges eyes and that much over the limit the judge might consider you as a hazardous threat or nab you with vehicular endangerment on public roads.

R3RUN
04-09-2007, 12:20 AM
Definately go talk to the DA before you get called. As soon as you go into the court room go talk to the DA. My ticket was only 26 over but the DA asked that I have all the consequences of a 26 over ticket except for loosing my liscence. Talk to the DA and tell the judge the truth when he asks for your side and it will really help.

Also dress nice and if you live with your parents bring them with you. It shows that someone is at home and keeping track of you. Not just letting you run wild. Also the judge can decide not to accept your plea of NOLO and sentence you harsh anyway.

TIGERJC
04-09-2007, 12:58 AM
Dude don't even waste your time, no Judge or DA is going to help you out when you were doing 45 mph over the speed limit. You should have gotten a small loan to hire a lawyer, thats your only chance out of the matter

TheSnail
04-09-2007, 01:09 AM
I accelerated to the speedlimit too fast. Called "inner contest of speed". Went to court with out a lawyer, plead "No Contest" and lost my license for 1.5 years. Get a lawyer.

HalfBaked
04-09-2007, 01:09 AM
Seriously dude, seriously. This is what I'd do.

Walk up to the judge or DA and be like "Look I fucked up, I was speeding." Then pull out a bottle of KY from your pocket, hand it to them and say "Please be gentle."

That'd be so awesome. Do it.

98silver328i
04-09-2007, 01:10 AM
Definately go talk to the DA before you get called. As soon as you go into the court room go talk to the DA. My ticket was only 26 over but the DA asked that I have all the consequences of a 26 over ticket except for loosing my liscence. Talk to the DA and tell the judge the truth when he asks for your side and it will really help.

Also dress nice and if you live with your parents bring them with you. It shows that someone is at home and keeping track of you. Not just letting you run wild. Also the judge can decide not to accept your plea of NOLO and sentence you harsh anyway.

I have to strongly agree with this comment. Dressing appropriately shows respect for the court and the judge and blah blah. I also agree with the parents part. It will increse the chnaces that the judge won't be as harsh on you.

B18CDELSLO
04-09-2007, 02:02 AM
what county were you in? and how old are you?

RandomGuy
04-09-2007, 03:39 AM
walk in and tell them that you plead the fif

13Bracer
04-09-2007, 08:19 AM
what county were you in? and how old are you?
up in g-ville....(hall county)
19.....no previous tickets

Rican219
04-09-2007, 08:36 AM
up in g-ville....(hall county)
19.....no previous tickets

Hate to say it man but you will have no license. I was 20 when I got busted and the Judge said no if's ands or butts License gone and NO WORK permit allowed. That was with a lawyer. 21 and under there is no tolerence. I also had a clean record till then.

I was going 127 in a 55 BUT the point is the judge stated no work permit for 21 over the limit regardless of the speed and I almost lost my job at the time and I was also in school. I had to catch a ride every where.

Not trying to scare you but don't go in there with hopes up because to make it worse you were caught in Hall county and they suck balls.

Ed
04-09-2007, 08:40 AM
Better get a continuance, get a lawyer and hope to God he can keep your license.

You can NOT get a temporary license for school/work. You have to be 21. Being that you were born in 1987, you dont have a chance.

PhAtBoYMr2
04-09-2007, 08:58 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v363/Xlr8nMr2/1169988171gonnagetrapedrd1.png

Jimmy B
04-09-2007, 09:01 AM
i got a grand on your car since you arent gonna have your liscense.. lol

for real though, you HAVE to get a lawyer, unless you are ready to loose your liscense, do some comunity service, and pay fines.. oh, not to mention the insurance raping you will get

Doppelgänger
04-09-2007, 11:04 AM
get a continuance to extend your court date, go take a defensive driving class, go back to court, speak with the solicitor(show him the certificate from the dd class) and tell him you're not concerned with the fines, just your record. Once they tell you how much you'll pay and you go before the judge and get told how much it will be, apologize for being stupid. Remember, you dont have to pay the fine that exact day. If you need time, tell them, they're very likely to give you at LEAST 30 days to pay the fine, up to 60 days if you request it.

R3RUN
04-09-2007, 11:17 AM
walk in and tell them that you plead the fif
1 2 3 4 FIF!

13Bracer
04-09-2007, 11:34 AM
well so i just talked to m soliciter(sp) and she said i would be lookin at about 6months licsense suspension and a couple hundred dollar fine......she told me they cant lower the speed but to talk to the DA on the day of court and he might be able to help me out....so who knows

Doppelgänger
04-09-2007, 01:01 PM
well so i just talked to m soliciter(sp) and she said i would be lookin at about 6months licsense suspension and a couple hundred dollar fine......she told me they cant lower the speed but to talk to the DA on the day of court and he might be able to help me out....so who knows

yeah, when you call ahead, they usually don't help you unless you are a lawyer. It's best to talk to the solicitor the day you go into court. They want their money, the sooner you agree to something, the sooner they get the money. You start prolonging that process, most of the time they start working with you to settle on something so they can get their money lol.

Sol-Badguy
04-09-2007, 02:02 PM
Under 21 means no good. When I got my drag racing ticket and went in there with my mother, they didn't care. I couldn't apply for a work permit either because I was too young.

I say good luck to you, sir.

13Bracer
04-12-2007, 11:51 AM
well just got back from court....not even as bad as i was looking forward to.......got a $250 fine....and a license suspension of 6 months..
what pissed me off was the kid before me was goin 43 over and (i was goin 45 over) all he got was a $250 fine......and he was a year younger than me with 3 tickets on his record and i had a clean one....i was like WTF i wanted to say somethin but didnt...but overall it sucks but not nearly as bad as i was thinkin....:cry:

Hulud
04-12-2007, 11:55 AM
well just got back from court....not even as bad as i was looking forward to.......got a $250 fine....and a license suspension of 6 months..
what pissed me off was the kid before me was goin 43 over and (i was goin 45 over) all he got was a $250 fine......and he was a year younger than me with 3 tickets on his record and i had a clean one....i was like WTF i wanted to say somethin but didnt...but overall it sucks but not nearly as bad as i was thinkin....:cry:
maybe because you didnt do defensive driving and community service beforehand

R3RUN
04-12-2007, 11:58 AM
Lies. They dropped 3mph off of my speed so I could keep my liscence. Sucks about the liscence suspension though.

Fred Sanford
04-12-2007, 12:01 PM
The judge isn't going to cut you any slack for owning up to it. Besides getting caught doing 45 over, you next biggest dumbass move was not getting a lawyer. Enjoy MARTA for the next year.

sirkus
04-12-2007, 12:03 PM
6 months with no license has to suck. My bro got a dui once and I had to drive his drunk ass around for a damn year. I'd hate to ask for rides :P

Ed
04-12-2007, 12:16 PM
sucks you lost your license. once you get it back you will think twice about going 45 over again.

On a side note:

HOLY SHIT! FRED SANFORDS RED BAR OF DEATH!

R3RUN
04-12-2007, 12:25 PM
On a side note:

LOL!

Fred Sanford
04-12-2007, 12:39 PM
sucks you lost your license. once you get it back you will think twice about going 45 over again.

On a side note:

I keeps it real son.

13Bracer
04-12-2007, 01:48 PM
The judge isn't going to cut you any slack for owning up to it. Besides getting caught doing 45 over, you next biggest dumbass move was not getting a lawyer. Enjoy MARTA for the next year.
hmm well fuck a lawyer cause i talked to many and either way im fucked so :2up: and second look at my location idiot....GAINESVILLE which means no marta idiot....

Crazy Asian
04-12-2007, 01:54 PM
did you get owned?

13Bracer
04-12-2007, 02:35 PM
i guess i did......but it was expected...

ironchef
04-12-2007, 02:43 PM
Better change your sig to "the monster has been caged".

Fred Sanford
04-12-2007, 02:49 PM
hmm well fuck a lawyer cause i talked to many and either way im fucked so :2up: and second look at my location idiot....GAINESVILLE which means no marta idiot....
You're full of shit. Lawyers can work magic with worse cases than 45 over. You're just trying to hide the fact you were too stupid or are too poor to get one.

I don't think the cuntbag who got busted doing 45 over has much room to call anyone an idiot. Call me crazy for not looking at your location. How foolish I was to assume a shithead crying about his own stupidity on import Atlanta would be in or around Atlanta.

Enjoy begging for rides for a year LMAO

13Bracer
04-12-2007, 10:30 PM
Better change your sig to "the monster has been caged".
hahah good call

TIGERJC
04-12-2007, 11:08 PM
better find a job thats in walking distance, next time you will think and take that cop for a ride:)

Spektrewing386
04-15-2007, 11:38 PM
Honesty, the speedlimits in America are set WAY too low. They arnt even sopossed to pull you over for <=10mph. And accelerating to the speed limit is illegal? lol thats so freakin gay. The government wants us to drive like 70 year olds.... as in 0-45 in 15 seconds, going 5 under the limit, braking on gentle curves (BTW braking on a curve reduces your turning traction = more dangerous). The speed limits are in fact speed minimums. And they say 'take it to the track"... like i have to pay $300 and wait 2 months everytime i get the speed itch (for a trackday). Imagine going to Skip Barber or Panoz racing school and telling them youve never once went over the speed limit, you ass will fail the school so fast. Go compete in a drifting event and never once did it an an empty parking lot. The government is the reason why there arnt as many professional racecar drivers from America. The government is anti-motorsport. If the government could make a car that was impossible to break the law with, it would go 0-60 in 15 seconds, top speed of 65mph, and be bright orange.

America should look at Germany for traffic saftey. They have the autobahn, which is very safe, and you pay 15 Euros to do a lap around Nurburgring. Fuck the government and their laws. If they raise the speed limit by 20mph then it would actually be a "limit" and people would follow it instead of some insane stupid number that was determined in the 50s when cars were actually dangerous at that speed.