PDA

View Full Version : SR20DET Swap!?!??

Mattlanta
04-08-2007, 04:19 PM
Hi Guys,

I have an S14 and I am looking for an S14 SR20DET clip or motorset. I want to get one from the GA area so that I can see it before I buy it and also so that I can pick it up myself and save shipping.

Can you suggest some places I should try (or places I should avoid)???
Let me know about your experiences and please post pic's of yours if you can!

Thanks in advance for your comments! :cheers:

DVSRX-7
04-08-2007, 04:41 PM
yo since you want a sr20... go where i went to get my friends engine... www.tigerjapanese.com and look for your motor.. this place is very very legit... this is one place you know of the engine your getting is what you want... the prices are sorta low and good.. but its worth it man.... if your gonna spend the money on your car dont lowball shit cause that could come back and bit you in ass later... jus do it rite... but look at this website and search for engine... there good... well good luck with finding your motor..

Mattlanta
04-08-2007, 05:12 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, but I want to get one locally. It's funny though, cause I'm originally from Toronto and I have a bunch of connections there. I already got a few Toronto offers for an S14 SR motorset @$2k USD or a Kouki clip for only $2700, but I turned them down cause I want to be able to look at it in person before I buy. I was even going to drive up to TO and do my swap there since I have a couple of friends with their own shops there, but it is still snowing and I won't let my baby get all salty!!!

If I don't find one locally, I might consider them though, especially if you were happy with yours. I'll just have to wait for better weather to go up there.

Thanks again.

Anyone else? In GA or NC, SC, AL, etc...somewhere I can drive? I want to do this ASAP!!!!

BuBBa DRiFT
04-08-2007, 06:31 PM
JHOT is a ebay wholesaler with their factory in Georgia.

Mattlanta
04-09-2007, 01:23 PM
Jhot, Jarco and Enjuku don't have them in stock. It will be a month before any of them get one.

No more idea's??? :cry:

Cool Cat Racing
04-09-2007, 02:10 PM
That's pretty much it for the Ga area thats respectable.

MR. 200SX
04-09-2007, 04:32 PM
Wait? You can put an SR20DET into a 240? Sweet!

Benefit
04-09-2007, 07:37 PM
NAD auto in jimmy carter, they just got in like 30 sr front clips