PDA

View Full Version : LS TURBO, DD HELP?

Mini2NV
04-07-2007, 11:05 PM
I have a 93 SI w/B18b1 non-vtech obd1. I. I have the walboro fuel pump, injectors, AEM tru time cam gears, stage 3 exeddy clutch and T3/T4 Garrett turbo. Not much to much else done to the motor. The car is quick but i of course i want to go faster. I interested in building the motor, but i would like some ideas? I want a reliable car that i don't have to worry about shit tearing up b/c i drive it about 3 or 4 times a week. I currently run 8 lbs of boost and also have full cat-back magnaflo exhaust.Thanks for the help guys.:goodjob:

twinj
04-08-2007, 05:26 PM
There isn't really nothing else you can do without it being reliable(stock internals). I would say build it. Or just get some Cams and a better tune.

Mini2NV
04-08-2007, 06:06 PM
thanks bro. How much does Main Steam charge to do a tune on a engine like mine. Do I have to schedule an appointment?

Annihilation
04-08-2007, 06:24 PM
you can add little things like missing link, fmu or fpr and obviously a good tune.
turbo timer

or a small build , get forged pistons, h beam rods, new oil pump arp head studs, gaskets..

but a good tune is the key...hit up mainstream.. ask for Scotty to chip your ecu and tune ....they will help you out

twinj
04-08-2007, 06:40 PM
scttydb411(scotty) That is who you need to talk to. He is actually the person that does the tune at Mainstream. But if you are on a FMU he is going to tell you to change it out for a better EMS to get a better tune on it.

Mini2NV
04-09-2007, 08:44 AM
Thanks. I will give them a call:cheers: