PDA

View Full Version : stopsaw... IDK... but it's BAD-A

240sxautox
04-07-2007, 12:15 AM
My brother stumbled upon this and showed it to me, it may be a repost but I doubt it since it has nothing to do with cars.... but basically It's hard to even begin to describe exactly how cool this thing is. For anyone who uses table saws, or just want to see something incredible... take a look

http://www.sawstop.com/index.htm

basically, it will save many people from many accidents... loss of hands/fingers/lives etc. It's sweet. Sends an electric current through the blade and as soon as it comes in contact with skin or fleshy substances it disturbs the electric current and sends a steel plate into the blade retracting it and stopping it within about a second.... incredible, Just watch the hot dog demo (odd name... but cool story)

sirkus
04-07-2007, 05:17 AM
Cool as hell.. never knew they had a website.
We have one of these at work. It's a pain in the ass.. you can't get your damn hands near it. Period. And the damn brake cartridges aren't cheap at all. Scares the shit out of ya while you're cuttin too.. half way though it and BAM.. you think you already lost a finger. Turns out you had your hand too close to the guard. :tongue1:

We tend to keep it in bypass 99% of the time.

Frög
04-07-2007, 05:51 AM
damn thats pretty tight, but if you keep it in bypass all the time because its to hard to work with, then its pretty useless and expensive..

240sxautox
04-07-2007, 06:39 AM
I figured it had been around for awhile- but my brother just found it and was like damn and showed it to me. Definitely a pretty sick invention

Frög
04-07-2007, 06:43 AM
I figured it had been around for awhile- but my brother just found it and was like damn and showed it to me. Definitely a pretty sick invention

defenetly..

RISKYB
04-07-2007, 09:22 AM
that wood have been real useful last weekend before my brother tried to cut his fingers off.... the irony

Hulud
04-07-2007, 09:34 AM
that wood have been real useful last weekend before my brother tried to cut his fingers off.... the irony
wrong WOULD

BTLFED
04-07-2007, 09:37 AM
wrong WOULD

But what if he was cutting wood?

RISKYB
04-07-2007, 12:02 PM
sorry typing in a hurry at work

240sxautox
04-07-2007, 02:49 PM
oh the puns...

wood/would.