PDA

View Full Version : Mustang help anyone???

Brian*
04-06-2007, 10:40 AM
I have an 87 5.0 just installed a BBK 70mm Throttle body, put the new gasket on and for some reason it ran good for about 10 seconds then chugged and stalled... There are two radiator lines running through the intake manifold, don't know what they do (first mustang lol) but its filling the intake manifold with radiator fluid and spittin it out the exhaust, I am not going to turn it over till I figure this one out... If anyone knows why maybe its doing this I would rep greatly!!!:goodjob: I'm going to Atl dragway tonight so sooner the better THANKS BRIAN

Sol-Badguy
04-06-2007, 10:41 AM
Shouldn't this be in the tech forums?

I don't know. All my Mustang problems were electrical.

Hundo®
04-06-2007, 10:41 AM
best advice you'll get

dont buy american cars.

william_jeff
04-06-2007, 10:42 AM
sounds like your hoses got mixed up or something

BKgen®
04-06-2007, 10:45 AM
a) wrong forum.
b) most of us don't give a shit about mustangs.

------------------------------------------>

Brian*
04-06-2007, 10:50 AM
I DONT REALLY GIVE A FUCK- just tryin to get my car going before the track tonight. I own 3 Fucking imports and a Euro as well, so.... chill chill chill the fuck out:goodjob:

BKgen®
04-06-2007, 11:01 AM
I DONT REALLY GIVE A FUCK- just tryin to get my car (http:///#) going before the track tonight. I own 3 Fucking imports and a Euro as well, so.... chill chill chill the fuck out:goodjob:

i understand, bro. all i'm saying is why not go to the tech section of a mustang forum instead of the off-topic section of an import forum?

you'll get your answer a lot quicker.

2.0civic
04-06-2007, 11:03 AM
pics or the lines? it sounds liek a simple fix

BKgen®
04-06-2007, 11:04 AM
btw... it sounds like you're running too lean. same thing happened to me when i installed some new stuff. i just cleaned the MAF sensor and intake filter and disconnected the battery to reset the ecu. don't know shit about mustangs though.

Mr_Mischif
04-06-2007, 11:04 AM
Or he could go the Ford section of the American forum here.

BKgen®
04-06-2007, 11:05 AM
Or he could go the Ford section of the American forum here.

which probably gets less action than rosie o'donnell's vagina.

Sol-Badguy
04-06-2007, 11:09 AM
which probably gets less action than rosie o'donnell's vagina.:sicks:

Brian*
04-06-2007, 11:09 AM
thanks man, was not sayin that toward u. I just get annoyed when people flame when I'm just needin some help, I'm running back and forth from my car to the comp. didn't think about puttin it in the tech forum...
I dunno, I'm going to shoot it

Sol-Badguy
04-06-2007, 11:11 AM
Don't shoot it. Just take your time. I know it sucks.

My SVO wasn't running for 4 months out of the time I had it.

HyPer50
04-06-2007, 11:30 AM
So much Mustang hate here. lol

BKgen®
04-06-2007, 11:32 AM
nice edit lol. :D

HyPer50
04-06-2007, 11:33 AM
nice edit lol. :D

lol, ya read rest of the thread and decided you were nice enough after the initial insult lol.

"B"
04-06-2007, 11:59 AM
Dude, you have coolant spitting out of your exhaust? that should have locked up your engine already. You sure it's coolant and not something else?

Post up some picks if you can.

When you took the intake manifold off, did it leak coolant then too?

jmmx258
04-06-2007, 11:59 AM
Sounds like you got a radiator line hooked up to a vacuum on the intake to me.

william_jeff
04-06-2007, 12:11 PM
Sounds like you got a radiator line hooked up to a vacuum on the intake to me.

yea thats what i said

Sack Attack
04-06-2007, 04:20 PM
I have an 87 5.0 just installed a BBK 70mm Throttle body, put the new gasket on and for some reason it ran good for about 10 seconds then chugged and stalled... There are two radiator lines running through the intake manifold, don't know what they do (first mustang lol) but its filling the intake manifold with radiator fluid and spittin it out the exhaust, I am not going to turn it over till I figure this one out... If anyone knows why maybe its doing this I would rep greatly!!!:goodjob: I'm going to Atl dragway tonight so sooner the better THANKS BRIAN

on the back of your UPPER intake manifold there is a rubber hose that goes into the pcv valve located in the back on the block/lower intake near the tranny, make sure thats hooked up also

and the 2 lines that go into the throttle body for the coolant should be simple to fix, id make sure the gasket was put on properly, the gasket should still be useable since you just had put it on, there really isnt any way to get the vaccum crossed with them 2 antifreeze hoses....

WINDSOR
04-07-2007, 10:22 AM
the 2 coolant lines run to the EGR spacer NOT the throttle body. The only line that goes to the throttle body is the fresh air hose that runs from the valve cover to help with crankcase ventilation.

Sack Attack
04-07-2007, 11:12 AM
the 2 coolant lines run to the EGR spacer NOT the throttle body. The only line that goes to the throttle body is the fresh air hose that runs from the valve cover to help with crankcase ventilation.

well it mounts onto the throttle body just to give him a quick reference, but +1 for making it easier to understand