PDA

View Full Version : Honda Ignition.

jmmx258
04-06-2007, 09:15 AM
Where can I get one? for my 90 CRX. Some cock bag tried to steal my car last night. Now my key barely works. I have no idea when, who or why. So don't ask lol.

I'm just already tired of having to fuck with the key to get it to turn. Thanks

an0therh22
04-06-2007, 10:27 PM
honda should sell them i think. heres the link for ignitions for an accord though http://www.secureleadercom.com/exstore/default.asp?bodystyle=66&topdeptnumber=88&searchBit=3&dept=147&menuStatus=block

GSRtegŪ
04-06-2007, 11:09 PM
Yea, but I know it wont be cheap from honda. Why dont you go to the junkyard and try to find it. Then get someone to make you the key?

jmmx258
04-07-2007, 10:23 AM
I'll give that a shot. Where could I get a key made? Or is there a number stamped on the ignition I could use to call honda and have them send me a key??

I know at some junk yards they just leave the keys in the car. Its either all this, or i'll just go get a damn 50 dollar switch panel with a starter button and one of those round key deals

Thanks i'll rep the both of ya if i can.

jmmx258
04-07-2007, 10:23 AM
Srry, I have to spread more before I can rep either of you.

an0therh22
04-07-2007, 10:33 AM
you should be able to bring the car's vin number to the dealership and they'll make you a key but you'll need proof that's it's your car so i'm not really sure about getting an ignition from the junkyard.

jmmx258
04-07-2007, 10:43 AM
Thats not a problem. I have the title, insurance cards/papers and everything. I'm just tired of fucking with this thing. Everytime I get in the car it adds another 10 minutes to my trip just trying to get it started. If anybody else might have an old column even laying around with an ignition and shit on it (with a key) i'll probably buy it :). I know that the bolts in it aren't supposed to be taken out. B/c I had to smashed the one on my old EF Hatch when I lost the key. I ended up doing a starter button in that car, with about 6 inline toggle switches. I may end up doing the same here too.