PDA

View Full Version : Handling Mods DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT WHEELS THESE ARE??? PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!

NUGZ
04-05-2007, 10:16 PM
THIS GUY SOLD HIS CAR TODAY AND HE REALLY DIDN'T KNOW WHAT THE WHEELS WERE, EITHER DO I AND REALLY DIG THEM AND WANNA KNOW WHAT THEY ARE AND WHO MAKES THEM AND WHERE CAN I GET THEM? LMK THANKS GUYS

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110204

TheSnail
04-05-2007, 10:42 PM
Enkei Daddylonglegz

BKgen®
04-05-2007, 11:12 PM
ugly ones.

NUGZ
04-05-2007, 11:12 PM
REALLY WHEN THE HELL DID THEY COME OUT

NUGZ
04-05-2007, 11:18 PM
i have search'd the web and can't find them anywhere

KevinT707
04-05-2007, 11:24 PM
I don't know the exact model of the wheels but I was told by the guy that owns that DA that they're "rare Mugen" wheels. Which I know Mugen does make those style wheels but who knows they could be another brand knock-off ..

NUGZ
04-05-2007, 11:27 PM
damnit, i look'd up enkei not them. Anyone?

2turbo4u
04-06-2007, 01:47 AM
Mugen old school wheels.

speedminded
04-06-2007, 10:16 AM
Don't think it's Mugen, not the CF48 or M12 (actually made by OZ)...they both remind me of fan clutches :tongue:

NUGZ
04-06-2007, 10:23 AM
damn, I have this thread posted on IA and Honda-tech and nobody is 100% positive what these are, so I am on the hunt to find out what there are in anybody could help if you know drop me a line this shit is driving me crazy.

Doppelgänger
04-06-2007, 10:50 AM
They're discontinued ROTAs... i saw some for sale a short time ago.

That guy was actually selling them a short time ago and listed them as ROTAs, pm the person who started that thread and ask them exactly what the model was on them, he'll know.

SNOOPy00
04-06-2007, 11:41 AM
they are Rota Jmodes................

bigdare23
04-06-2007, 11:52 AM
if they are real ....................... mugens

smokinbud247
04-06-2007, 12:36 PM
I did ask him and he had no clue what they were he just bought the car with them on it a couple months ago? Go figure
They're discontinued ROTAs... i saw some for sale a short time ago.

That guy was actually selling them a short time ago and listed them as ROTAs, pm the person who started that thread and ask them exactly what the model was on them, he'll know.

smokinbud247
04-06-2007, 12:41 PM
I did a goggle search and a yahoo search and even went to the rota officail site not a single thing on J Modes they have the J mags not modes. Notthing comes up what so ever. Could the be Mugen?

they are Rota Jmodes................

smokinbud247
04-06-2007, 12:41 PM
if they are mugens do you know the name of them?
if they are real ....................... mugens

speedminded
04-06-2007, 01:39 PM
They are Rota Retro's...+1 for me :tongue:

http://www.wheelspecs.com/specs/wheelmodels/1019

http://www.hondamarketplace.com/zerothread?id=1722910&page=1

NUGZ
04-06-2007, 02:36 PM
Your right man, I just got off the phone w/ Kim Bong in California he is the manager of world wide sales for Rota wheels and he said that the wheels either way are super rare and if they are the rota they are called the "RETRO'S" and he wasn't sure what the name off the top of his head of the mugen wheel that they were model'd after. But he said that rota only made about 150 sets and they were distrubuted all over the world not only the US and he said it is extremley hard to get your hands on a set of these without paying a fortune for them even if they are rota's and he said "if they are true mugen's he said they are truly rare and priceless and he would never get rid of them. Well guess those wheels are outta the question now, but I dig the shit out of those wheels. That guy just sold that car with those on it yesterday, bet ya he would beat himself if he knew what we just sold. lol suck's for him very very good for the guy that bought the car. I wonder if the guy that just bought it knows what he has:taun: I need to try and get a hold of him. Anyone know who bought it?

+2 for speedminded for knowing his shit if they are the rotas,:goodjob: and +5 for the guy that bought this car if they are the mugen's for knowing his shit and truly buying a car where the wheels cost as much as the car itself.:lmfao:

They are Rota Retro's...+1 for me :tongue:

http://www.wheelspecs.com/specs/wheelmodels/1019

http://www.hondamarketplace.com/zerothread?id=1722910&page=1

speedminded
04-06-2007, 03:12 PM
I don't think the Rota Retro is a copy of any Mugen...
http://www.jdmchat.com/showthread.php?t=2624

Turbodude06
04-06-2007, 03:24 PM
Those are supposed to be rare Rota J-mods their are only supposed to be like 60 sets in the U.S. That is what I was told from the owner before me who actually bought the wheels new and he must have gotten one of the last sets sold cause that wasn't that long ago and they don't make them anymore.....

Turbodude06
04-06-2007, 03:30 PM
Your right man, I just got off the phone w/ Kim Bong in California he is the manager of world wide sales for Rota wheels and he said that the wheels either way are super rare and if they are the rota they are called the "RETRO'S" and he wasn't sure what the name off the top of his head of the mugen wheel that they were model'd after. But he said that rota only made about 150 sets and they were distrubuted all over the world not only the US and he said it is extremley hard to get your hands on a set of these without paying a fortune for them even if they are rota's and he said "if they are true mugen's he said they are truly rare and priceless and he would never get rid of them. Well guess those wheels are outta the question now, but I dig the shit out of those wheels. That guy just sold that car with those on it yesterday, bet ya he would beat himself if he knew what we just sold. lol suck's for him very very good for the guy that bought the car. I wonder if the guy that just bought it knows what he has:taun: I need to try and get a hold of him. Anyone know who bought it?

+2 for speedminded for knowing his shit if they are the rotas,:goodjob: and +5 for the guy that bought this car if they are the mugen's for knowing his shit and truly buying a car where the wheels cost as much as the car itself.:lmfao:

I knew what they were, I really didn't know what they are worth because no one sells them, meaning their is nothing to compare them to in price:goodjob: , and yes thats why the car went for as much as it did because of those wheels, and the guy I sold the car to is using it as a DD and he said he was taking them off becuase those wheels were what was going to get that car stolen if god for bid it were to be stolen.....

speedminded
04-06-2007, 03:31 PM
Those are supposed to be rare Rota J-mods their are only supposed to be like 60 sets in the U.S. That is what I was told from the owner before me who actually bought the wheels new and he must have gotten one of the last sets sold cause that wasn't that long ago and they don't make them anymore.....:no:

Doppelgänger
04-06-2007, 03:33 PM
hey now, i was the first to confirm they were Rotas... i get the creditzzzzz!!!!!

NUGZ
04-06-2007, 04:22 PM
what would those wheels go for? I'm just curious to what somebody has to pay to get a set of these? Speedmind had a post for $650 for the wheels alone. What would you guys pay?

Doppelgänger
04-10-2007, 10:12 AM
by the way, the wheels in question by the thread starter are up for sale in the FS section...