PDA

View Full Version : 99.9% done!

2.3 Evo 8
04-05-2007, 12:39 AM
Keep the shop bashing out of my thread!

We went to start the car on Monday and the car was flooded with gas. Turns out one of the injectors was stuck open so we shipped the injector next day air to RC Engineering. RC called me today and said it will shipped next day air and back to us tomorrow. The car should be running in the next day or two if nothing else happens.

Topspeed did a kickass job with the install. It is a very clean install. I can't wait to see what numbers this baby puts down on boost alone.

http://www.importatlanta.com/upload/files/101/IMG_0311.JPG

http://www.importatlanta.com/upload/files/101/IMG_0314.JPG

http://www.importatlanta.com/upload/files/101/IMG_0310.JPG

TIGERJC
04-05-2007, 12:41 AM
The car looks good

2.3 Evo 8
04-05-2007, 12:46 AM
Thanks, it's come a long way in just over a year.

Nyteryder
04-05-2007, 12:57 AM
Looking good phil, LMK when its gonna get tuned. BTW, I have been dying for some more korean bbq, lets hit up the spot soon. I just bought another gun this past weekend so I am hitting up the range tomorrow LMK if you wanna go.

2.3 Evo 8
04-05-2007, 01:04 AM
I think it will be tuned today or Friday. I should be there when they open Friday morning.

I will be at my mother-in-laws tomorrow all day visiting her with the baby. I'll shoot you a PM.

AnclyT
04-05-2007, 01:20 AM
nice phil!

Psycho
04-05-2007, 02:31 AM
Keep the shop bashing out of my thread!

Then keep the thread bashing out of my shop!

Seriousely though, the car looks great phil. I cant wait to see it in person.

Tank
04-05-2007, 04:40 AM
~looks in~

man fuck......................J/K glad to see its almost done Phil looks good

"B"
04-05-2007, 08:10 AM
Nice looking car bro.

Tracer
04-05-2007, 08:36 AM
Good looking car...I've seen it up there at Topspeed a few times. They did GREAT work.

Evolunchbox
04-05-2007, 09:28 AM
Your going to love my set-up... I mean the set-up... J/K Looks good bro!

TRAYZ06
04-05-2007, 10:20 AM
Injector arrived this morning.... It is installed. and the battery charging. We will call you soon Phil

Tray M

WhiteAccord
04-05-2007, 10:23 AM
Very car and clean too I might add... Sucks that you got gas in your car... Keep us posted....

koffebean00
04-05-2007, 12:49 PM
can't wait to hear the results.....:D

Rican219
04-05-2007, 02:17 PM
Any Results?

CHADbee
04-05-2007, 03:15 PM
:hump:

Psycho
04-05-2007, 04:21 PM
Injector arrived this morning.... It is installed. and the battery charging. We will call you soon Phil

Tray M
I wanted to pick up some race gas today, but you all were going to the race track. :(

Ericp
04-05-2007, 04:59 PM
I'm jealous

lightspeed
04-06-2007, 05:06 PM
And all this time I believed your car was down with a clutch problem. You sneaky guy!

Can you post up some more pics? Specifically one looking almost directly at the front/front quarter with hood closed? I want to get a preview of the view ill have when/if we ever line 'em up. :lmfao:

j/k

:thinking:

:ninja:

2.3 Evo 8
04-06-2007, 11:34 PM
And all this time I believed your car was down with a clutch problem. You sneaky guy!

Can you post up some more pics? Specifically one looking almost directly at the front/front quarter with hood closed? I want to get a preview of the view ill have when/if we ever line 'em up. :lmfao:

j/k

:thinking:

:ninja:

Enjoy the view. :goodjob:

http://www.importatlanta.com/upload/files/101/IMG_0322.JPG
http://www.importatlanta.com/upload/files/101/IMG_0333.JPG

B18CDELSLO
04-07-2007, 12:26 AM
LMFAO!!!!!!! :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

lightspeed
04-07-2007, 02:27 PM
Enjoy the view. :goodjob:

LOL... Yeah. Im glad to see you keeping your humor up... Maybe it wont hurt quite so bad when it happens :no: :goodjob:

2.3 Evo 8
04-07-2007, 02:46 PM
LOL... Yeah. Im glad to see you keeping your humor up... Maybe it wont hurt quite so bad when it happens :no: :goodjob:

What won't hurt so bad? I think you are underestimating my car and my driving ability.

Don't think just because you went out and bought an already built 800+whp Supra, you can beat anything on the road with less power. I hope your not "that" arrogant and stupid.

You will have your day soon enough. :yes:

Tracer
04-07-2007, 02:52 PM
I see a callout brewing.

BTLFED
04-07-2007, 02:55 PM
What won't hurt so bad? I think you are underestimating my car and my driving ability.

Don't think just because you went out and bought an already built 800+whp Supra, you can beat anything on the road with less power. I hope your not "that" arrogant and stupid.

LOL Congrats on your car, and Happy Birthday. :goodjob:

2.3 Evo 8
04-07-2007, 02:57 PM
LOL Congrats on your car, and Happy Birthday. :goodjob:

Thank you sir!

BTLFED
04-07-2007, 02:58 PM
Thank you sir!

Mine was 4 days ago. :D

2.3 Evo 8
04-07-2007, 02:59 PM

Well happy belated birthday. :goodjob:

TIGERJC
04-07-2007, 03:02 PM

whats the difference between buying a 800whp car and paying a shop to build you a 800whp car :thinking:

BTLFED
04-07-2007, 03:06 PM
Well happy belated birthday. :goodjob:

Thanks. :goodjob:

Sidenote: I don't have shit that will hang with that LOL

2.3 Evo 8
04-07-2007, 03:15 PM
whats the difference between buying a 800whp car and paying a shop to build you a 800whp car :thinking:

There isn't. I don't want him to think its going to be that easy though. Don't underestimate me and that car. That is all I meant.

Here, maybe this will help.

TIGERJC
04-07-2007, 03:38 PM
There isn't. I don't want him to think its going to be that easy though. Don't underestimate me and that car. That is all I meant.
callout? Take his poopra down :yes:

WickedIXMR
04-07-2007, 03:53 PM
He cant even work on his car because of a bad back. I know he knows how to work on it and im sure he would if he could.

LT1UltraZ
04-07-2007, 04:59 PM

can i have my day too :bump:
oh ya, i didnt buy nor payed anyone to make it a 500rwhp slowmaro:taun:

LT1UltraZ
04-07-2007, 05:00 PM

:cheers: lol that was a good one :)

GGPIS3
04-07-2007, 05:46 PM

nothing.. an 800 rwhp car is a 800 rwhp car. but driving a 800 rwhp supra to its limits on a drag strip is different than racing on the highway. if one man ran 10 in it doesn't mean another man can also do it. with practice, more likely... but unless you have experience with the car and learn it to its full potential... eh you get the point.

nevertheless.. i bet it would be a pretty good run. awd less powered evo vs. a little heavier more powerful rwd supra...

TIGERJC
04-07-2007, 06:04 PM
nothing.. an 800 rwhp car is a 800 rwhp car. but driving a 800 rwhp supra to its limits on a drag strip is different than racing on the highway.
I agree

if one man ran 10 in it doesn't mean another man can also do it. with practice, more likely... but unless you have experience with the car and learn it to its full potential... eh you get the point.
Chris talks shit, thats what he does. But everytime he talks shit, he backs it up. I really don't see both guys doing real good there first time at the drag strip with their new cars.

nevertheless.. i bet it would be a pretty good run. awd less powered evo vs. a little heavier more powerful rwd supra...
I can't wait to see it

Both guys have fast cars that I wish I could own

lightspeed
04-07-2007, 06:39 PM
LOL damnit, someone said it before I had a chance to. :crazy:

Phil, neither one of us built our cars personally, so Im really pretty disappointed in you that you would even try to go there, esp after some of the arguements youve had online about very similar things :rolleyes:
As a matter of fact, very few on the people on here actually built their own cars themselves. And I'm not talking little BS... Im talking about actually swapping cams, pulling heads, turbo swaps, etc. A lot of people on here think they "built their own car" if they do so much as put on their JDM turn signals or AEM stickers.

And m not underestimating anyone. I know how quick evo's can be when properly built. And you seem to drive decently from what Ive seen. Ive seen evo's with a lot less power than I have running better E/T's at the track than my car has gone. Ive said before my car was never intended to be a track car. I have no intention of taking it to the track on slicks and trying to get the best possible E/T with it. To me, its not worth destroying something that Ive spent a lot of time and money on. Thats what the truck is for. On the street though, its a whole different ball game :goodjob: Since I presume you went ahead and did your gear ratio swap in this last go-around, I certainly expect it to be a good race all the way up. We'll just have to see.

2.3 Evo 8
04-07-2007, 10:49 PM
No, I simply meant don't think just because you went out and bought a 800hp car it will be easy pickins on us "less horsepower" cars. Yes you've beaten everybody so far, but who did you race making 700+whp. Nobody as far as I know. My car isn't even finished and it should give you a good run in current form before the nitrous gets installed. I may be wrong, but we won't find out until we get to it and get to it WE WILL.

It will be a good race and yes I can drive the car.

Marcin, yes baby, you will get your chance too. Don't think I forgot about you honey. 500hp Camaro? Yeah, I hear ya. :gay:

...and my car only makes 500 too so it should be a good race. :rolleyes:

Believe me when I say, if my back could take bending over into an engine bay I would modify my own car instead of paying someone else. I use to work on my old car until 7 a.m. ALL NIGHT LONG without eating or drinking until exhaustion. I use to install parts on other peoples vehicles too for extra money. I miss it to be perfectly honest.

When my car is done, I'll post a dyno graph of what power my cars puts down. Why am I going to do this you ask?

....because in the end you still have to beat me PERIOD. I don't care if you have 800whp, if you can't drive the car or put the power down, its useless.

I'll race my car on the street in ONE NIGHT and ONE NIGHT ONLY so come one and come all. If you want a piece of me you better show up THAT NIGHT. If you don't catch me that night, I'll see you at the track.

After that one night, it will be at the track ONLY for me. No more of this dangerous roll bullshit. Real men race from a dig so if you want a piece of the Evo, it will be legit and at the track where it's "safer". I will PM a few people when I'm ready. Probably next weekend.

LT1UltraZ
04-07-2007, 11:05 PM
No, I simply meant don't think just because you went out and bought a 800hp car it will be easy pickins on us "less horsepower" cars. Yes you've beaten everybody so far, but who did you race making 700+whp. Nobody as far as I know. My car isn't even finished and it should give you a good run in current form before the nitrous gets installed. I may be wrong, but we won't find out until we get to it and get to it WE WILL.

Marcin, yes baby, you will get your chance too. Don't think I forgot about you honey. 500hp Camaro? Yeah, I hear ya. :gay:

...and my car only makes 500 too so it should be a good race. :rolleyes:

Believe me when I say, if my back could take bending over into an engine bay I would modify my own car instead of paying someone else. I use to work on my old car until 7 a.m. ALL NIGHT LONG without eating or drinking until exhaustion. I use to install parts on other peoples vehicles too for extra money. I miss it to be perfectly honest.

When my car is done, I'll post a dyno graph of what power my cars puts down. Why am I going to do this you ask?

....because in the end you still have to beat me PERIOD. I don't care if you have 800whp, if you can't drive the car or put the power down, its useless.

I'll race my car on the street in ONE NIGHT and ONE NIGHT ONLY so come one and come all. If you want a piece of me you better show up THAT NIGHT. If you don't catch me that night, I'll see you at the track.

After that one night, it will be at the track ONLY for me. No more of this dangerous roll bullshit. Real men race from a dig so if you want a piece of the Evo, it will be legit and at the track where it's "safer". I will PM a few people when I'm ready. Probably next weekend.

oh snap.. i better get my 2 big bottles overnighted from JAPAN! :crazy:
http://www.highperformancepontiac.com/features/hppp_060900_pump_997_z+1976_pontiac_trans_am+nos_b ottles.jpg

CHADbee
04-07-2007, 11:06 PM
interesting....

2.3 Evo 8
04-08-2007, 01:09 AM
oh snap.. i better get my 2 big bottles overnighted from JAPAN! :crazy:

You better bring something. :taun: :yes:

Psycho
04-08-2007, 01:24 AM
Did you get the kitten i sent you in the mail? It should be arriving with in the next week or so.

lightspeed
04-08-2007, 01:40 AM
I never expected "easy pickins" on anyone, and I was simply talking friendly smack to you here to get a race setup. And dont even try to insinuate Ive never outrun anything fast. Ive run at least one 700-ish whp car, along with gsxr-1000's, 750 and 600 bikes, and quite a few other cars. I really dont need to explain myself to you anyway.
Its amazing how self-righteous you are. ONE NIGHT ONLY? Are you kidding me? I can tell you for a fact I wont be running next weekend because my clutch is toast and Im pulling it out to send back to RPS next week. So boo-hoo, I guess we dont get to run then. I figured you would want a rematch anyway, but thats up to you. At least its convenient that way.
"Real men run from a dig?" Uhh, yeah, right. "Real Men" who build a car to run from a dig run from a dig. That is a stupid statement.
I wouldnt even run you unless you were spraying and tuned 100%...mainly because I want NO excuses this time when we run. I want you to bring all you got. Youve been talking to people and running your mouth about this car for so long that it really is about time you actually run some people. And I hope for your sake you win some. But, I guess unless everyone comes out to run on the one day that you decide to grace people with your presence on the street, they wont get to. But hey, its your car. Just dont run your mouth at me or about me if you arent going to get down with it. And ill do the same. :goodjob:

Nyteryder
04-08-2007, 03:27 AM
OK.......

Ericp
04-08-2007, 08:46 AM
hmmm.....

Psycho
04-08-2007, 11:54 AM
Adding a bunch of periods after what you say makes you cool.......
but a bunch of exclamation marks is even cooler!!!!!!!!!!!!

2.3 Evo 8
04-08-2007, 12:09 PM
I never expected "easy pickins" on anyone, and I was simply talking friendly smack to you here to get a race setup. And dont even try to insinuate Ive never outrun anything fast. Ive run at least one 700-ish whp car, along with gsxr-1000's, 750 and 600 bikes, and quite a few other cars. I really dont need to explain myself to you anyway.
Its amazing how self-righteous you are. ONE NIGHT ONLY? Are you kidding me? I can tell you for a fact I wont be running next weekend because my clutch is toast and Im pulling it out to send back to RPS next week. So boo-hoo, I guess we dont get to run then. I figured you would want a rematch anyway, but thats up to you. At least its convenient that way.
"Real men run from a dig?" Uhh, yeah, right. "Real Men" who build a car to run from a dig run from a dig. That is a stupid statement.
I wouldnt even run you unless you were spraying and tuned 100%...mainly because I want NO excuses this time when we run. I want you to bring all you got. Youve been talking to people and running your mouth about this car for so long that it really is about time you actually run some people. And I hope for your sake you win some. But, I guess unless everyone comes out to run on the one day that you decide to grace people with your presence on the street, they wont get to. But hey, its your car. Just dont run your mouth at me or about me if you arent going to get down with it. And ill do the same. :goodjob:

I could give two shits as to who does and doesn't show up that day. I could care less if I don't race anybody. Street racing is not on my "things to do list" like it is for you. If I don't ever race on the street again, it wouldn't bother me one bit. I don't need it nor care for it anymore. I had my fun.

The reason I said I will only run ONE TIME on the street is because its time to grow up and act more responsible. Something your EMO ass doesn't know shit about. I have a wife and now two kids to take care of and to be perfectly honest, racing on the street isn't the smartest fuckin thing to do whether anybody wants to admit it or not. I knew it before when I was doing it, but at that time I didn't care. NOW I DO CARE AND I HAVE TO MUCH TO LOSE! Don't give me any of that "we do it safe bullshit either". Its not safe. Anything could happen even at the track, but at least at the track there is an ambulance if something does happen. I would rather take my chances there than on a highway at 2 a.m. where idiots like yourself think they're a god among men.

If you want to call that self rightous, go right ahead moron. I wouldn't expect anything different from you. You EMO people seem to have a different mentality anyways.

You will get your chance and I'm going to spank that skinny little emo shit talking ass of yours. You should duct tape your EMO hair cut to the side of your head cause I would hate for your hair to get into your eyes when we race.

Don't think it will be for free either. $1,000 is the price. It will be just you, me, and a camera man.

My suggestion to you: turn the boost up and run race gas. You'll need it!

I don't like you, I never have and never will. You're arrogant as fuck and run your mouth too much and to the wrong people. The more you type and I have to read your emo rubbish, the more I dislike you.

fight club
04-08-2007, 12:10 PM
holy shit the hostility! i just want a ride in the evo. i dont even care.

fight club
04-08-2007, 12:18 PM
oh yea, and my hat back :(. and some korean bbq.

hydroshutter
04-08-2007, 12:24 PM
I could give two shits as to who does and doesn't show up that day. I could care less if I don't race anybody. Street racing is not on my "things to do list" like it is for you. If I don't ever race on the street again, it wouldn't bother me one bit. I don't need it nor care for it anymore. I had my fun.

The reason I said I will only run ONE TIME on the street is because its time to grow up and act more responsible. Something your EMO ass doesn't know shit about. I have a wife and now two kids to take care of and to be perfectly honest, racing on the street isn't the smartest fuckin thing to do whether anybody wants to admit it or not. I knew it before when I was doing it, but at that time I didn't care. NOW I DO CARE AND I HAVE TO MUCH TO LOSE! Don't give me any of that "we do it safe bullshit either". Its not safe. Anything could happen even at the track, but at least at the track there is an ambulance if something does happen. I would rather take my chances there than on a highway at 2 a.m. where idiots like yourself think they're a god among men.

If you want to call that self rightous, go right ahead moron. I wouldn't expect anything different from you. You EMO people seem to have a different mentality anyways.

You will get your chance and I'm going to spank that skinny little emo shit talking ass of yours. You should duct tape your EMO hair cut to the side of your head cause I would hate for your hair to get into your eyes when we race.

Don't think it will be for free either. $1,000 is the price. It will be just you, me, and a camera man.

I don't like you, I never have and never will. You're arrogant as fuck and run your mouth too much and to the wrong people. The more you type and I have to read your emo rubbish, the more I dislike you.

Reps :cheers:

LT1UltraZ
04-08-2007, 12:51 PM

hot damn....you two dont like eachother much do you eheh...
i hope there is no price tag on our race....i know ill get beat this time around as my car is not what it used to be :(

lightspeed
04-08-2007, 02:10 PM
Now that Ive gotten you to show even more of your true colors by turning to your usual hotheaded remarks and personal insults without any value, I guess its my turn. I was simply trying to get a race, and you almost immediately took it to stupid insults, as is usual for a hothead like yourlself. So, here we go.
Yeah, youre a real man, with a wife and kids. Are you still living at home with mom and dad? If so, Im not sure "real men" live at home with mommie and daddie and their wife and kids still, yet want to spend the amount of money you do on your car. That sounds really responsible. A real man would probably have put that money into a down payment on a house or something "real." Or maybe more money into a college fund for your new baby.
And yeah, I guess anyone who doesnt have to shave their head because its falling out anyway is an emo LOL If having longer hair than you makes me emo, that I guess thats OK. But as expected, you spend most of your response about making weak emo cracks at me instead of actually making any real points. I could care less if you like how I look.
I could also care less if you like me personally. Ive never liked you from day one either. That was the day you talked me into running you from a roll in my truck, even after I told you the tune was really off and it was totally breaking up over 4000 rpm. So of course you wanted to run me then, and as I expected, you beat me. But then you have the nerve to bring it up later that you outran my truck. How weak. On the contrary, that day you wanted to run my 240 when you were running a small turbo and I beat you mercilessly on pump gas, I didnt say one word to anyone unless they explicitily asked. I also never brought up what happened when we ran with your big turbo and the 2.3 to anyone, until you started whining about it. Its probably what made decided to go build it even more, since that was about 6 months ago and it hasnt been on the street since.
Oh, not to mention the time you tried to e-thug me and went off on me because you thought I told lt1ultraZ your power numbers. Come to find out, he read them off a forum where you posted them yourself. Really brilliant.
Its amazing how youre nice to people to their face as long as everything is "cool" at the time, but as soon as anyone brings up points or upsets you, you go into an unintelligent rage. You say Im an arrogant and run my mouth at the wrong people? Im arrogant because I talk a little BS online? Thats your impression. People who really know me know Im not like that. I dont make random callouts, and I dont e-thug. I may talk some shit online now and then, but thats what this forum is for. It sounds like you just cant handle it.
Who are the wrong people? You? That dude with the scooters? Haha...give me a break. Its only your deluded self image that lets you actually believe that BS. I act the same way to everyone all the time, which is lot more genuine than someone like yourself.
Anyway, back to the topic at hand, baldy. Ill take any bet you want to throw out there, although if I win then, Im feeling guilty that Im taking even more of your kids college money from them. But youll have to wait a little while for me to get my car back. Although, I guarantee this wont be the record-breaking 1 year timeframe that your car was in the shop getting the "clutch" done.
And everyone else, Id appreciate if if we didnt fan this thread with any more random comments for or against either one of us. Unless Phil needs to keep going in circles with weak insults, this is the last youll hear from me on this thread. Ill post up when the car is back out, and then Phil can decide if he'll grace me with a run.

Oh, hydroshutter...why dont you mind your business. You dont even know me for-real.

Nyteryder
04-08-2007, 02:27 PM
ddddaaaaaaaammmmmmmnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!LOL

Psycho
04-08-2007, 02:36 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
DAAAAAMN!! I give this thread 5 stars!!!

TIGERJC
04-08-2007, 02:42 PM
CHILLOUT LADIES

2.3 evo and lighspeed should write novels, that much reading doesnt belong on ia

fight club
04-08-2007, 02:47 PM
thomas, lets go get korean bbq cuz it looks like everone else will be busy.

Psycho
04-08-2007, 02:53 PM
thomas, lets go get korean bbq cuz it looks like everone else will be busy.
I gotta eat at Sean's house around 6.
I still have your jacket in my car, I was thinking about burning it. Did you leave a Pre-calc book in my trunk?

2.3 Evo 8
04-08-2007, 03:16 PM
Once again, this just goes to show how stupid you really look and don't know shit about me.

My wife and I were going to buy a house months ago but my parents asked us to move in with them and save money. They figured staying with them would help us pay off credit card bills and keep them company in this 7 bedroom 3 bath house.

We went to the bank months ago to buy a house and were approved instantly, but with the baby coming it was hard on my wife to go look for houses. Driving around in a car for 3 weekends in a row while your pregnant took a toll on her and she asked if we could look for a house AFTER the baby was born. We have all our paperwork sitting at Bank of America waiting on us to pull the trigger on a house. We have 90 days to find a house we want. I just spoke to the bank last week and they said just let them know when we find a house because our interest rate is still locked in. You make idiotic points as usual, but then again I wouldn't expect anything different from you.

Chris, you are the biggest pussy and douche bag on IA. In person you would say any of that to someone? Fuck no you wouldn't because you would get the taste slapped out of your mouth.

Yeah, I'm hothead. Don't really care that you're that observant. Everybody knows I don't take shit from people and I won't ever. Not from you, not from anyone.

You say you act the same in public? I got news for you pal, there are MANY people that can't stand your fuckin ass because of that mouth of yours and how arrogant you are. The difference between them and me is I won't listen to you run it. You know good and well you won't say 1 fucking word to me in person, yet, I'll walk right up to your emo ass and call you the fucking queer you are right to your face.

At least I've gotten laid in my life Mr. 30 something year old ve ve ve vergin. Sure make crack shots at me being bald stu stu stu stuttering john. lol That doesn't bother me one bit. I shave my head every day and my wife loves rubbing her hands ALL OVER MY BALD HEAD.

I have a beautiful wife, two beautiful kids, and I have a great life. It sure beats the shit out of being a virgin, single, emo, and a stuttering problem. Oh I mean speech impediment. My baaaaa ba ba baaaaaa ba bad.

You sound like a weed whacker when you talk sometimes. Go take some lithuim, get your emo under control, and finally go pay a hooker to remove the queerness from you.

Tank
04-08-2007, 04:07 PM
damn and i thought i could stir up some shit

TIGERJC
04-08-2007, 04:10 PM
2.3 evo you're the man when it comes to thread closer