PDA

View Full Version : A+ Certification

chrisdavis
04-04-2007, 08:36 AM
Is A+ certification worth getting? I am taking a class that uses an A+ training textbook, and I would basically be prepared to be able to take the exam and pass. Having A+ would not really help me a whole lot in my present career, but I dont want to pass up the oppurtunity if it will benefit me down the road.

civic95
04-04-2007, 08:38 AM
I think so. It won't get you a ton of money or anything, but it gives you an edge over people that don't have it when applying for a job.

And the good thing is it doesn't expire.

AtifSajid
04-04-2007, 01:54 PM
you start off with A+, but I would go straight for my CNA or something network related. A+ is for basic desktop repair and pretty much computer jargon.

RandomGuy
04-04-2007, 02:36 PM
A+ WOULD BE AWESOME TO HAVE

5-7 years ago when everyone and their brother didn't have it

chrisdavis
04-05-2007, 12:18 AM
you start off with A+, but I would go straight for my CNA or something network related. A+ is for basic desktop repair and pretty much computer jargon.

I have no plans to go into computer repair or networking. I am just using the same book that they use to teach the A+ class for one of my classes. I am going to school for instrumentation and PLC programming (industrial automation and control systems). Its not going to help me in what I do, and in all honesty doesnt sound like its really worth anything. I'll probably pass on it.