PDA

View Full Version : SCCA drift may 27th cordele,GA

PCPtuner
04-03-2007, 07:20 PM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e386/86FC/sccadriftflyer-front.jpg

The Middle Georgia Region Sports Car Club of America along with Drift411, & Cool Cat Racing would like to invite you to Cordele, GA for our first ever Drift Event, We will be drifting on the infield of Watermelon Capitol Speedway (WCS), it is a large open parking lot, a great oppertunity to show a new crowd your skills, or try your luck for the first time. There are Only 50 Spots open for this event, so preregister now! This event will feature 6 hours of practice time, and a late afternoon competition. So Bring plenty of tires and enjoy a great day of fun with other Drifters from all over the Southeast. I can't think of a better way to spend Memorial Day Weekend, Also Drifting Instructors will be on hand for pointers if you would like to improve your game to the next level.

The Schedule

6:00AM – Registration/Tech Starts
7:30AM – Registration/Tech Ends/Drivers Meeting/Walk Thru
7:55AM – Instructional Demo Run
8:00AM – Practice Runs Begin (20-30 Runs)
4:00PM – Practice Ends/Qualifying Begins (3 runs, best counts)
5:00PM – Qualifying Ends/ Drift Demo (Formula Drift Demo)
5:30PM – Top 8 Competition
6:00PM – Final 4 Competition
6:20PM – 3rd Place Battle
6:30PM – 1st Place Battle
6:45PM – Winners Circle/Awards/Post Event Drivers Meeting
8:00PM – Secure Track

Host Hotel:
Ramada Inn Cordele
2016 16th Avenue East
I-75 @ Exit 101
Cordele, GA 31015 US
Rates: $49.00/night
Official Website

Prices:
Preregistration (Thru May 24th 11:59PM)
$75 ($65 SCCA Members)

Gate Registration
$100 ($90 SCCA Members)

Venue Information:
Watermelon Capitol Speedway
385 FARMERS MARKET RD
I-75 @ Exit 104 (1/2 mile west of the interstate)
CORDELE, GA 31015

Course will be on Infield of Track, marked with cones and chalk.

Distances:
1 Hour South of Macon
2 Hours South of Atlanta
1 Hour and 30 Min North of Florida Line
1 Hour North of Valdosta

Passengers/Spectators:

Ride along tickets will be sold for $10 at the track, Ride alongs will be allowed during practice runs only, a ride along is a great way to experience SCCA Drifting up close, although this is considered a non-spectator event, we invite enthusiast to watch at no charge, all we ask is that you sign our waiver, anyone under 16 that would like to watch, we ask that you have a scca minor waiver filled out.

Vendor Space/Sponsors:
Vendor Space will be available for only $100 a booth

For Advertising Inquiries or Booth Reservations contact Jamey Cicalese at [email protected], or via phone at 478.744.9500 from 10am to 6pm Monday, thru Friday

Media Information:
We Encourage Media to attend we have limited spaces available so please apply for credentials early, those of you with Drift411 Permanent Credentials of course will be given priority. This event will have a VIP/Media Center, and Lunch will be provided to Media, as well as refreshments all day. All Media will have to sign an Agreement, along with our Waiver to access Hot Areas. Please Check our Media section for information on how to apply for credentials, and where to submit.

Volunteers/Workers:
If you would like to Volunteer, we would love the help, if you hold a SCCA Regional Worker License, or better it would be preferred but not Required, we also prefer that you are an SCCA Member (Note: Insurance Benefits for Non-members are lower than for Members). Lunch will be provided along with refreshments all day. To Apply for a Worker Position, contact Jamey Cicalese at [email protected], or call him at 478.744.9500 from 10am-6pm M-F.

Notes:
There will be a 50 DRIVER MAX, To make sure that everyone gets PLENTY of seat time. Once we reach the 50 DRIVER LIMIT THAT'S IT. There will be no refunds if you are unable to attend, however we will try our best to help you sell your spot.

ALL DRIVERS NEED TO ARRIVE BEFORE 6:30AM. If you are paid and do not arrive by 7:00AM, your registration will not be accepted, and your spot will be resold. This will be 100% enforced.

Event is rain or shine.

Please have all required forms printed, completed and in hand at the time of registration.

Review the SCCA Drifting Rules prior to registering.

You must be 16 to drive, no competition license is needed

A valid state issued driver's license will be required when checking in at the event registration booth.

For More Information or to Pre Register
http://www.sccadrift.com/events/20070527WCS.htm

Capt._Ron
04-03-2007, 10:50 PM
I cant wait for this!! I going to do everything I can to have the corolla up and running for this. If not ill be drifting the 240

PCPtuner
04-04-2007, 07:29 AM
hell yeah the more we have the better

speedminded
04-04-2007, 10:23 AM
"Media Information Coming Soon! Thanks For Your Interest"

Do you allow multiple drivers for a car during practice? For tuning, adjustments, etc..

Cool Cat Racing
04-04-2007, 12:55 PM
Yes, you will be able to a have up to two drivers per car even during the competition. Both drivers will have to pay the entry fee and go through tech but both can compete and tune. Anyone who is not a paying driver/competitor is not allowed to drive any car either during practice or the competition.

speedminded
04-04-2007, 01:08 PM
Yes, you will be able to a have up to two drivers per car even during the competition. Both drivers will have to pay the entry fee and go through tech but both can compete and tune. Anyone who is not a paying driver/competitor is not allowed to drive any car either during practice or the competition.perfect :goodjob:

Capt._Ron
04-04-2007, 03:28 PM
Ryan please tell me that Bender R. Rodriguez will be making an appearance in Boosted Barbiemobile on roids.

Capt._Ron
04-04-2007, 03:29 PM
especially since now he has a super sweet saturn beast to daily

Cool Cat Racing
04-04-2007, 09:17 PM
I can't compete, I'll be too busy helping Jamey run everything. I'm pretty much in charge of making sure everyone gets where they need to be and I'm also one of the Safety Stewards and I'm in charge of Tech so I really can't be in a car at any time. I will run the course a few times either before or after everything is done but not during the competition. I might run the second event though since I won't be doing as much at that one.

Capt._Ron
04-04-2007, 10:54 PM
dammit man. Ryan you drive circles around everyone at autox you know you could definately place in drifting. I understand though. BTW Mercer just sanctioned a bunch of us as an official Mercer Car Club. We will have to wait until next year but maybe a co-sponsored autoX depending on how much $ they give us.

Cool Cat Racing
04-05-2007, 11:08 AM
Drifting is very different from Autox. I can control the car sideways with no problems but I still have a lot to learn about coming into a corner that way and to force myself to not try to stick the corner. I do it just for fun so it really doesn't matter to me.

Marcos Ruiz
04-05-2007, 03:45 PM
Ill be there.

Capt._Ron
04-05-2007, 06:25 PM
Drifting is very different from Autox. I can control the car sideways with no problems but I still have a lot to learn about coming into a corner that way and to force myself to not try to stick the corner. I do it just for fun so it really doesn't matter to me.

True its going to be a riot none the less especially with both tyler and I attempting to drift... One of us will be giving the other a ride home ha ha

PCPtuner
04-05-2007, 07:57 PM
I can't compete, I'll be too busy helping Jamey run everything. I'm pretty much in charge of making sure everyone gets where they need to be and I'm also one of the Safety Stewards and I'm in charge of Tech so I really can't be in a car at any time. I will run the course a few times either before or after everything is done but not during the competition. I might run the second event though since I won't be doing as much at that one.

common ryan you gotta enter sometime.

Cool Cat Racing
04-05-2007, 08:45 PM
Like I said I might be able to do something at the next event but I know I can't at this one. I'm not even sure if Jamey is competing or not but if he is there really is no way I can and I'd rather him compete than me. Either way it will be fun.

Whoopee95
04-06-2007, 10:53 PM
There will be Payouts at this Event, Amount TBA

enormungus
04-07-2007, 12:33 AM
hopefully Ill make this event. only 3.5 hrs away!

Capt._Ron
04-07-2007, 12:44 AM
Hey Jaime all I have to say about your ricer burnout today is "SHITS WIZZZEAAAK" ha ha that was hilarious dude ryan does a doughnut, tyler burns out, you burn out, and then yes i did too. I wish i had a camera to the ricer action

Cool Cat Racing
04-07-2007, 02:08 PM
Mine was mad JDM tyte though.

Whoopee95
04-11-2007, 04:41 PM
"Media Information Coming Soon! Thanks For Your Interest"

Do you allow multiple drivers for a car during practice? For tuning, adjustments, etc..

Credential Forms are now available for our May 27th Drift event at Watermelon Capital Speedway

http://sccadrift.com/media.htm

Tuner_13BFC
04-29-2007, 04:45 PM
sounds fun i'll be there

Whoopee95
05-03-2007, 02:01 PM
Mounting Service Available for $10 per tire(Includes Disposal)

Capt._Ron
05-03-2007, 07:40 PM
Jaime how many people have registered so far?

Whoopee95
05-03-2007, 08:00 PM
still have plenty of room

Capt._Ron
05-03-2007, 08:09 PM
Am I registered since im working the event?

Whoopee95
05-03-2007, 08:53 PM
heck no ..lol, actually i dont even have u down for working it since i assumed u were driving in it, u cant do both

Capt._Ron
05-03-2007, 09:02 PM
Oh well damn i need to get on that. I guess i could probably register more efficiently if there was a BLACK STRIPE ON THE SIDE OF MY CAR!!!! lol yea man ill get on that. Are you running Sunday?

Doppelgänger
05-03-2007, 11:06 PM
looking forward to the event!!!

Sport1.3
05-04-2007, 02:20 PM
WOW thats pretty far, but i suppose i'll still make it out. I'll try and get my roomate and his 240 buddies out there running, they all think their "drifters" anyway haha..might keep them off the street doin that shit. maybe if i dont completely embarrass myself i could try and bring the MR2 out and see what the new motors worth lol

Capt._Ron
05-05-2007, 01:18 PM
Are you going to drift the mr2 if so that will be pretty interesting. You dont see to many mid-engine cars drifting.

Capt._Ron
05-08-2007, 12:29 AM
got a chance to drift a little here after the autox. This event is going to be awesome.

Sport1.3
05-08-2007, 08:42 AM
Are you going to drift the mr2 if so that will be pretty interesting. You dont see to many mid-engine cars drifting.

well yeah, its either that or the Gran Marquis :lmfao: ....i honestly doubt the 2 would do very well, but i would have a blast trying im sure. Ive gotten it sideways plenty of times on bald tires....maintaining those slides is another thing lolol

Capt._Ron
05-08-2007, 08:07 PM
nice pic !!

Sport1.3
05-09-2007, 11:33 AM
nice pic !!

Thats an Auto X pic....late brake/turn in/power over.......didnt mean to try and drift...actually hurt the time lol

Capt._Ron
05-09-2007, 12:10 PM
I figured it was. The middle ga SCCA region knows all to well how I turn most autox into a drift day especially since my car really just isnt competitive in SM to be honest.

Sport1.3
05-09-2007, 12:29 PM
Really? lol...Atlanta region will actually penalize you now if you actually make attempt at drifting the courses...its not safe for the workers really, but it does happen. I ran in ES with it last year, but now with the 20v swap it will be running in SM2...in which case i wont see the light of day as far as being competitive lol. My car was VERY twitchy with the 16v, so i'm not quite sure as to how well it will be with the newer/ more powerful motor...if i run i'm pretty sure it will be ALOT of 360's and not alotta sliding haha

Capt._Ron
05-11-2007, 12:07 PM
I just bought an AE86 that i will be trying to get ready for drift/autox this summer. I was thinking 20v but i think im going to build the 16v instead.

Sport1.3
05-11-2007, 01:07 PM
I just bought an AE86 that i will be trying to get ready for drift/autox this summer. I was thinking 20v but i think im going to build the 16v instead.

well there are a few issues you have to work out to mount it into a FR corolla chassis (ie either go remote distributor/coil packs or hammer out the firewall etc) but they are def worth it for the power gains and response. My buddy in his 87 MR2 with a Blacktop 20v just got his dyno'd and BONE stock it put down 151whp!!!! :crazy:...the 16v's (even a high comp small port) are lucky to break 100whp out of the box. I know my large port 16v with full exhaust and stock everything else (set up for E-stock) put down 98.7whp/87ftlbs....lame i know. The 20v motors (especially the blacktop) are VERY light! my silvertop set up (minus AC as well) is almost 150lbs lighter then the 16v!!! My current set up should put down in the low to mid 130's to the wheels, and with the AUTO blacktop ecu able to rev to 9200 rpms with open ITB's!!! it also ALL cost me $400 for the complete motor ;)

Whoopee95
05-15-2007, 10:11 AM
you forget who runs the Middle Georgia Region Autocrosses ...lol, ntm we are one of the first 2 regions of the scca to host a SCCA Drift Series event :D,

I hope to see you and ur buddies out there man!!! remember scca members get a $10 discount, and if you pre register online you get $25 off, so thats a total savings of $35. The course is alot of fun, and a great course to learn on

We like Drifting!

Doppelgänger
05-18-2007, 07:52 AM
Is there anyone heading down there from Atlanta that can help me get my spare wheels to the event??????????

Sport1.3
05-18-2007, 08:13 AM
Is there anyone heading down there from Atlanta that can help me get my spare wheels to the event??????????

I'll be headed down from Marietta area....where your wheels at mike?

Doppelgänger
05-18-2007, 09:28 AM
duluth

Sport1.3
05-18-2007, 11:00 AM
do you just have no room to transport them? if you hit me up for a spot of gas i'll pick them up for ya. I'm not going to have the new motor broken in by then, so i'll probably be taking the Gran marquis down there....which will house 4-8 wheels EASY! or if you got more i can Take the Ram as well (but that bitch gets 11-12mpg lol)

Doppelgänger
05-18-2007, 02:00 PM
nah, its jsut a set of 4 17's, i'll keep ya posted!

Sport1.3
05-18-2007, 02:16 PM
Yeah man lemme know, anything i could do to help.

Capt._Ron
05-22-2007, 01:20 AM
This is going to be awesome just go off from work today and cant wait!

2jz240sx
05-24-2007, 10:37 AM
im bringing my 2j 240 out there!
see what it can do...

Sport1.3
05-24-2007, 11:00 AM
im bringing my 2j 240 out there!
see what it can do...

hopefully not break something lol....my new motor is having Idling issues, and #4 cylinder is misfiring :cry: ....so unfortunately there will be no MR2 doing 360's out there this weekend :no: ...but i'll still be out there to watch and have fun :D

FCCprez
06-26-2007, 02:11 PM
that was a blast! so many damn good drifters!!!