PDA

View Full Version : Fucking Audi Keyless Entry

justinxecushyn
04-03-2007, 05:58 PM
Ok. got the egay remote. great price...keyblade not cut. Audi said they wont cut it for me wtf? i can't program it without it being cut because i dont have another one...i heard that i dont have to only have to have vag-com. does anyone located in alpharetta have freetime anytime soon that might be able to help me vag the remote to the car?

4dmin
04-03-2007, 07:51 PM
call Brian at EPG see if they can help; tell him i sent ya ;)

thegreatfnr
04-03-2007, 08:35 PM
Ok. got the egay remote. great price...keyblade not cut. Audi said they wont cut it for me wtf? i can't program it without it being cut because i dont have another one...i heard that i dont have to only have to have vag-com. does anyone located in alpharetta have freetime anytime soon that might be able to help me vag the remote to the car?
there was a thread a lil while ago where another guy was looking for a mk4 key fob and i was gonna sell him mine but the code of the controller(only cetain codes work with certain vehicles) was wrong. im sure if you search you can find it if not post up and ill look myself for ya.

you can get one reprogramed but it has to be the right one. BTW I still have one collecting dust.

Lee :cheers:

ShooterMcGavin
04-04-2007, 09:35 AM
if u need a vagcom i'd suggest posting on AW forums....

justinxecushyn
04-04-2007, 10:17 AM
I can do the programming part w/o vag but Audi (jim ellis chamblee) are dicks and won't cut the key blank. said they aren't allowed to cut it if I didn't buy the key from them wtf? haven't tried vw yet though. if I had the key cut all I have to do is put one in the ignition and one in the door.

Kyle
04-04-2007, 11:36 AM
I can do the programming part w/o vag but Audi (jim ellis chamblee) are dicks and won't cut the key blank. said they aren't allowed to cut it if I didn't buy the key from them wtf? haven't tried vw yet though. if I had the key cut all I have to do is put one in the ignition and one in the door.
I dunno about them being dicks. I am pretty sure Jerry Kimbro is in charge there and he's a real cool guy he has always helped me out. So he wouldnt bull shit you. I cant speak for all the people over there, but that is definately the place to go.

So I think you are dealing with the right people, but audi keyless entry and the laser cut keys are a hassle and hard to deal with. Even if you get the key, its like $70+ to cut it and even more to program it.

My only suggestion is give nalley audi a call and see what they can do and what they would charge. We got a completely new key, cut and programmed, and I think it was like $200. So it should be less for you since you already have the key.

justinxecushyn
04-05-2007, 06:32 PM
i went over to VW and asked them to cut it. They cut itwith no problem. still can't get it programmed thogh.

xenniferx
04-06-2007, 07:35 AM
Why don't you just take the blade and inner stuff from the old key and put it in the new fob? That's what I did when my old fob took a crap.
Or are you trying to have spares?

><

xenniferx
04-06-2007, 07:39 AM
Also, I'd rather hold a turd in my hand than go to Jim Ellis VW for anything.

><

Kyle
04-06-2007, 08:59 AM
Also, I'd rather hold a turd in my hand than go to Jim Ellis VW for anything.

><
Jim Ellis VW owns. I have never had a problem. They have always been very helpful.

Where would you suggest?

xenniferx
04-06-2007, 11:16 AM
I didn't hate Gossett. I had a great experience with them when JE wouldn't help me and I was in a pinch.

><

Kyle
04-06-2007, 11:22 AM
I didn't hate Gossett. I had a great experience with them when JE wouldn't help me and I was in a pinch.

><
OMFG I hate Gossett. That is the sketchiest dealership ever. The salespeople last about two weeks and they are gone. They called me on my Autotrader ad and told me to come in. I said there is no way you can give me private party value. I said I live down town my car is in Gwinnett is it really worth my time to come down there? She said I think we can give you what you want. They offer me $9k I was asking $13k. They said the most we could give you for the particular car is $10k. They should have told me that over the phone.

I will rant later. I got to go get my car.

xenniferx
04-06-2007, 03:19 PM
I was refering more to parts/service than sales. Do ppl still buy cars from dealerships? :dunno:

><

justinxecushyn
04-07-2007, 11:47 PM
Why don't you just take the blade and inner stuff from the old key and put it in the new fob? That's what I did when my old fob took a crap.
Or are you trying to have spares?

><

i dont think that one would work because of the freq of the remote. its more so an issue of it being compatable with my car. i think i need to get a different style one probably a 2 button one instead of one with the trunk opt since i dont have access to a vag.

xenniferx
04-08-2007, 08:55 AM
I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to do. Why did you buy a new keyfob and/or blade? What was the purpose? What's wrong with the one you have?

><

justinxecushyn
04-08-2007, 11:32 AM
i only had the valet key. i didnt have a keyfob before.

xenniferx
04-09-2007, 08:40 AM
Oooooh.
Well that sucks.
I think there is supposed to be something you do to let the car program the new key like put the valet in the ignition and the new key in the door and mash buttons or something. I'm not sure of the technical walkthrough or anything, but I'm pretty sure if you have the valet (which I don't and am therefore screwed), you don't need a vagcom.
You'd still need the key cut, though.
Search the vwvortex. There is more info on specifics on that site than here.

><