PDA

View Full Version : Mahdavi MotorSports

Maniaç
04-03-2007, 03:54 PM
ok, well yesterday mu uncle took a trip to there shop, and told me that he had a very bad experince. now i gave him the idea to go there, why not take a visit to a near by shop right? well he said that nobody really took him serious. he told me that the people there didn't make him feel comfortable.....

the guy at the front desk told him that they weren't gonna be able to check his car "cause they were busy". how hard is it to check for a leak? ive seen alot of nice cars come out of that shop, but i will never step foot in that shop and will never recommend it to any friend of mine. non people shops ftl. so i guess after he waited they were gonna charge him $70 just to check it..... ha, fuck that! lcukly he found another shop that did it for "free". Good luck to anyone that goes there... i won't have to worry about them being "busy".

Later, Alex.

Tracer
04-03-2007, 03:57 PM
That's just sad. I'm sick of all these crappy shops around our area. Most of them do treat people like that. :(

civic95
04-03-2007, 04:17 PM
A lot of good shops require you to setup an apt for diagnosis/repair. Plus they could of thought he just wanted to know what the problem was then say thanks, and fix it himself. They days of just walking into a shop for service are about gone. Unless your going to jiffy lube or something. The last 2 times I had to take a car in I had to call, and set it up a few days in advance. Both times I had no choice. 1 was warranty work, 2nd was AC work.

Don't take it too personal it's just business. They would rather be utilizing 100% of their techs time working. If they had enough techs to take random drive ups, then they have too many techs (in their eyes).

Maniaç
04-03-2007, 04:31 PM
good point.

Stormhammer
04-03-2007, 04:46 PM
eh, usually when my car is leaking and I need a lift I take it to Kaufmann Tire - they'll check it, and either inform me and send me on my way or do an oil change if I ask for it :D

RISKYB
04-03-2007, 04:56 PM
dont feel to bad, i took my car to the same shop for an oil change and an inspection when i first bought it, they changed the oil test drove it and said everything was fine, 12 miles later im under the car changing my springs and struts and i notice the cvaxle is busted grease everywhere and i pulled it out in 2 peices how do ya miss that

Maniaç
04-03-2007, 04:58 PM
damn bro that sucks. did they fix it for free

Julio
04-03-2007, 05:05 PM
been going there since they open back in 99. I have always made an appoitment.
Never had any issues. From installing springs to a swap to regular maintance. Never no problem.

He shouldve taken his car somewhere else. Actually , almost ALL performance/ maintance shops are real busy now a days... Dont know how long you been into cars and shit.. BUt if you been doing it for awhile, especially around here.. you should know almost all these shops are hopping right now

Lame thread.

Julio
04-03-2007, 05:06 PM
damn bro that sucks. did they fix it for free

alot can happen in 12 miles.. why would they have to fix it for free...

speedracer41
04-03-2007, 05:11 PM
Sorry your uncle had a bad experiance, but is about business. As a tech myself, I kind of understand where they are coming from (not that it is right). Time is money, unfortunately that is how business works and nothing we say or do will change that! The best thing you can do is, if you were truly unhappy with the service, is not go back to them and not send anymore work to them. A happy customer is not as likely to tell their friends, but an unhappy customer is 10 times more likely to tell everyone about their experiance. Hope that helps

Goinfasterthanu
04-03-2007, 05:12 PM
they jacked me for a "front and rear camber kit" , install and algin.... Granted this was 6 years ago... All they did was algin it and NOTHING else!! No kits or anything. Now i didnt realize this till 2 years later , but i will NEVER NEVER take my car there!! So in short i gave up 450$ for a 45$ job........

Maniaç
04-03-2007, 05:34 PM
Sorry your uncle had a bad experiance, but is about business. As a tech myself, I kind of understand where they are coming from (not that it is right). Time is money, unfortunately that is how business works and nothing we say or do will change that! The best thing you can do is, if you were truly unhappy with the service, is not go back to them and not send anymore work to them. A happy customer is not as likely to tell their friends, but an unhappy customer is 10 times more likely to tell everyone about their experiance. Hope that helps

mu uncle didn't even really wanna tell me. hes not like that

Maniaç
04-03-2007, 05:36 PM
been going there since they open back in 99. I have always made an appoitment.
Never had any issues. From installing springs to a swap to regular maintance. Never no problem.

He shouldve taken his car somewhere else. Actually , almost ALL performance/ maintance shops are real busy now a days... Dont know how long you been into cars and shit.. BUt if you been doing it for awhile, especially around here.. you should know almost all these shops are hopping right now

Lame thread.

glad it went good for you.... but shit ive heard good/bad stortys form atleast 4 shops already.

time is money, but still. a good shop needs a good envoriment. making people feel uncomfortable isn't a way to run a place. like i said on my first post, ive seen some nice cars come out of there. BUT I WILL NEVER TAKE MINES THERE

ShooterMcGavin
04-03-2007, 05:40 PM
what kinda car did he have? if it wasn't an import/performance car i don't even know why you recommended mahdavi to them, like julio said, most of these kinda shops now have more than they can handle on their plates w/bigger projects and whatnot.

Maniaç
04-03-2007, 05:42 PM
what kinda car did he have? if it wasn't an import/performance car i don't even know why you recommended mahdavi to them, like julio said, most of these kinda shops now have more than they can handle on their plates w/bigger projects and whatnot.

haha, dude my uncle is 23 years old. but he has a 1990 300zx tt

Nittanys1
04-03-2007, 05:42 PM
A lot of good shops require you to setup an apt for diagnosis/repair. Plus they could of thought he just wanted to know what the problem was then say thanks, and fix it himself.

Exactly that happens alot now. Honda in the past would look at the car and let you know what needs to be done, for free. People did this and would take the car elsewhere...so now they charge to look at the car. see now even major dealerships do that.....i dont think this thread has any points on how they are a bad shop....

like you said Julio...... /thread

Crazy Asian
04-03-2007, 05:44 PM
Set appoinments it saves hassle and time.

Maniaç
04-03-2007, 05:45 PM
Exactly that happens alot now. Honda in the past would look at the car and let you know what needs to be done, for free. People did this and would take the car elsewhere...so now they charge to look at the car. see now even major dealerships do that.....i dont think this thread has any points on how they are a bad shop....

like you said Julio...... /thread

shit, ive said it acouple times now..... ive fucking seen nice cars come out of there.... but i won't hit up that shop to do any of my work. cause of what happened to him.

RandomGuy
04-03-2007, 05:50 PM
lol

mahdavi is just about adjacent to my neighborhood, under a 30 seconds away from my driveway.

I've only been there twice because I HAD to go. (prices/stock on hand, nothing else.... i'm personally a online order kinda person)

I'm sure their work is pretty good, but i guess some down to earth prices and some customer service types wouldn't hurt... just some constructive criticism, but they've been around for a while so i'm sure they know what they're doing, and the parking lot is always packed, see the occasional ferrari there every once in a while too

oh yeah Original Poster, ppl look down upon "bashing" sponsors :) I don't see a problem in it because the car community needs good and bad reviews for everything, but hey, don't go and get yourself banned :) Good that you kept it somewhat civil.

Nittanys1
04-03-2007, 05:53 PM
mehh...ok....i'd give them my car to work on.....

Maniaç
04-03-2007, 05:53 PM
lol

mahdavi is just about adjacent to my neighborhood, under a 30 seconds away from my driveway.

I've only been there twice because I HAD to go.

I'm sure their work is pretty good, but i guess some down to earth prices and some customer service types wouldn't hurt... just some constructive criticism, but they've been around for a while so i'm sure they know what they're doing, and the parking lot is always packed, see the occasional ferrari there every once in a while too

oh yeah Original Poster, ppl look down upon "bashing" sponsors :) I don't see a problem in it because the car community needs good and bad reviews for everything, but hey, don't go and get yourself banned :) Good that you kept it somewhat civil.

i can give a shit bro, i know how i feel about this... getting banned is the least of my worrys. luckly no one has come at be hard, or else i probably will get banned. L0L

RandomGuy
04-03-2007, 05:54 PM
what kinda car did he have? if it wasn't an import/performance car i don't even know why you recommended mahdavi to them, like julio said, most of these kinda shops now have more than they can handle on their plates w/bigger projects and whatnot.they have big signs that say oil changes and alignment and shit like that, so i'm sure they're geared for the general population, not only the tuners.

rolling_trip
04-03-2007, 05:56 PM
Lame thread.

??? Where do you get off calling this a lame thread? His uncle had a bad experience, he relayed it on to the general population. I understand that time is money, being in sales myself, but you still have to look after the little guy coming in. There are two reasons behind that, (1) Small(quick) customers keep the lights on when the projects start drying up, (2) Small customers may indeed lead to one of those larger projects.

The lesson of the story is that customer service is important, no matter how much someone has to spend. If they were to busy then, they should have tried to explain and reschedule.

Twinnos
04-03-2007, 05:59 PM
i have dealt with madhavi when i first started modifying my ford probe back when the 1st fast and furious was out. they are great and knowledgeable guys in my opinion. i sometimes dont agree with the $70 an hour but thats the choice of the individual to either let them still do the work or go somewhere else. at a majority of tuner shops you really just cant roll up and expect to get a leak checked on the spot. this is the busy time of the year, people getting their cars ready for the new season, etc.... everytime i call i have to ask when can i come down or will i need to leave the car. sorry your experience was bad but trust me, they are very knowledgeable in what they do. oh, i dont think this is a lame thread, it is a learning thread for newbies and old pros alike. :goodjob:

Maniaç
04-03-2007, 05:59 PM
??? Where do you get off calling this a lame thread? His uncle had a bad experience, he relayed it on to the general population. I understand that time is money, being in sales myself, but you still have to look after the little guy coming in. There are two reasons behind that, (1) Small(quick) customers keep the lights on when the projects start drying up, (2) Small customers may indeed lead to one of those larger projects.

The lesson of the story is that customer service is important, no matter how much someone has to spend. If they were to busy then, they should have tried to explain and reschedule.

+1. very well put man. my uncle has big plans for his car, and now i know of another shop he won't be taken it to. sad because i told him to check the shop out. i told him that ive seen some cars that were worked on there, on IA and really liked them.

but now i wouldn't be doing that again.

Maniaç
04-03-2007, 06:04 PM
i have dealt with madhavi when i first started modifying my ford probe back when the 1st fast and furious was out. they are great and knowledgeable guys in my opinion. i sometimes dont agree with the $70 an hour but thats the choice of the individual to either let them still do the work or go somewhere else. at a majority of tuner shops you really just cant roll up and expect to get a leak checked on the spot. this is the busy time of the year, people getting their cars ready for the new season, etc.... everytime i call i have to ask when can i come down or will i need to leave the car. sorry your experience was bad but trust me, they are very knowledgeable in what they do. oh, i dont think this is a lame thread, it is a learning thread for newbies and old pros alike. :goodjob:

very well put bro. ive only been into the scene for about 4 years.. i still have alot to learn, but when i hear that someone close to me(family member) had a bad experince... he's not a person to start shit or even talk about it. hes the quiet one... but still that just sucks..

Nittanys1
04-03-2007, 06:05 PM
well why not tell him to call them and schedule some time to take it by there...maybe he might have a better experience.

Maniaç
04-03-2007, 06:08 PM
well why not tell him to call them and schedule some time to take it by there...maybe he might have a better experience.

to late man... remember i said he went to another shop and had it checked for free. i think hes taking it to Z1 tomorrow. if its fixed yal should be able to see it @ the V thursday. pretty nice Z32. exterior is stock but hes got almost every bolt-on, he just needs the dual intake, upgraded side/front mount/ bigger turbos. he can run 18psi but is only running 13-14 right now.
still needs somethings worked out.

RandomGuy
04-03-2007, 06:08 PM
i sometimes dont agree with the $70 an hour but thats the choice of the individual to either let them still do the work or go somewhere else. thats about industry standard if not cheaper (i think its like 80/hr).... its the other things they get you on.

Julio
04-03-2007, 06:10 PM

Honestly, I can call any thread lame on IA.....

But if you want an explanation.. really easy.... When Ever Im thinking of spending money.. ( Like his uncle was ) and if had a problem with the place,store,shop.. whatever it is.. I would do the following :

-I would go back up there and speak with the manager or person in charge of the location, If it really bothered me.

-I would come to the largest local board and ask the following :

Has anyone ever had any issues with So and So shop?

- Never Go again

Really easy isnt it ?

But there you go... And Honestly, I didnt have to explain this to you either...

But I'm feeling froggy today.

Nittanys1
04-03-2007, 06:10 PM
ahh i missed that part...my bad.

Maniaç
04-03-2007, 06:14 PM
Honestly, I can call any thread lame on IA.....

But if you want an explanation.. really easy.... When Ever Im thinking of spending money.. ( Like his uncle was ) and if had a problem with the place,store,shop.. whatever it is.. I would do the following :

-I would go back up there and speak with the manager or person in charge of the location, If it really bothered me.

-I would come to the largest local board and ask the following :

Has anyone ever had any issues with So and So shop?

- Never Go again

Really easy isnt it ?

But there you go... And Honestly, I didnt have to explain this to you either...

But I'm feeling froggy today.

Chill out Julio damn.... we're not bashing on the shop.

Julio
04-03-2007, 06:18 PM
Chill out Julio damn.... we're not bashing on the shop.

I'm chilled?

Nemesis
04-03-2007, 06:21 PM
Maniac. Everyone has their days. I can truly say I have been at Mahdavi before and had to sit for about 5 hours while they installed the springs on my WRX. In that time you see people come and go, and I remember they were really polite to everyone that came in. If I remember correctly a guy came in with a simliar issue and Sam said pull her around and we'll take a look. Any shop will have days when they are just so slammed they cant treat everybody like family, even though we'd like that. I have been upset a few times at a few shops and can understand your frustration, but you've got to understand, theres thousands of people out there that are looking to get something for nothing. Not saying your Uncle is one though. Both Aresh (sorry if I spelled it wrong) and Sam have been nothing but great in working on my Subaru and I would have no problem with taking my car back to them.

Here is my old thread bro where I had an experience with them.

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73491&highlight=mahdavi

Julio
04-03-2007, 06:26 PM
Everyone wants 5 star service for Free...

Maniaç
04-03-2007, 06:27 PM
5 HOURS to install some SPRINGS!? damn, does it take that long to put on?
Glad you had a good experince with them George..... don't know the name of the guy in the front desk but Geo(uncle) said that the way he responed to him made him feel unwanted or you could say uncomfortable.

what happened, happened.

Maniaç
04-03-2007, 06:27 PM
Everyone wants 5 star service for Free...

no just wanna get treated like you're welcomed.
PS: Julio if you wanna talk to me one on one hit me up on AIM. if not than i guess lock or do what you want with this thread.

Annihilation
04-03-2007, 06:29 PM
I think your uncle is not use to the whole deal with setting up appointments.....when a shop is busy they can not just come out to the parking lot and just jack up the car to check for a leak.... they do it the proper way and have you wait for a open bay so they could lift the car up and check out the problem.....obviously the shop he went to afterwards was not busy and had nothing to do and had time to check it out...

so problem here is your uncle is impatient and couldn't set up an appointment to have it checked out....so i don't see a problem on Mahdavi's side

Last time I was there a mother of two set up an appointment to have their brakes done and hell they even explained to her that she can save her money by turning her rotors instead of having her buy new ones since they were still within spec...when I came back later the next day she happen to be there picking up her car... very friendly customer service she left with a smile on her face...

Maniaç
04-03-2007, 06:31 PM
I think your uncle is not use to the whole deal with setting up appointments.

oh trust me he does! everytime he goes to Z1 he always makes an appointment

Annihilation
04-03-2007, 06:32 PM

so why didnt he make an appointment with mahdavi.......... :???:

Maniaç
04-03-2007, 06:36 PM
so why didnt he make an appointment with mahdavi.......... :???:
we didn't know the # plus i told him two nights ago, and he was gonna visit them the next morning

Julio
04-03-2007, 06:36 PM

So why didnt he go there in the 1st place ?

Honestly, Im just tired of whipersnaples coming on IA and talking negative about something with no SENSE. If it made sense.. then I more then likely agree with you.

You simply wanted to stir things up.... I already know how thread like these go.. You may deny it.. but some of us are not that dumb man.

Not getting on your case... Just saying what Im seeing and aparently a few others see what i see also.. ( all these damn See and see ) anyways...

Once again.... to you and the others who said this thread is not LAME...

yes, it is lame...

Maniaç
04-03-2007, 06:40 PM
So why didnt he go there in the 1st place ?

Honestly, Im just tired of whipersnaples coming on IA and talking negative about something with no SENSE. If it made sense.. then I more then likely agree with you.

You simply wanted to stir things up.... I already know how thread like these go.. You may deny it.. but some of us are not that dumb man.

Not getting on your case... Just saying what Im seeing and aparently a few others see what i see also.. ( all these damn See and see ) anyways...

Once again.... to you and the others who said this thread is not LAME...

yes, it is lame...

to far plus he just needed it checked. nothing big.. but im not trying to start shit, i wanted to post this last night but decided to do it at a better time. i knew some members would come and and talk shit. suprised no one has.

like i said before if they did, im sure i would have said things that would have gotten me banned.

Tracer
04-03-2007, 06:43 PM
Customer service is very important. Import shops (what I've learned in my life) are the worst at that main rule. Cause they mainly deal with young adults and dont really care. If you have a business the customer ALWAYS comes 1st no matter what. A customer should be able to take his or her car(s) any where he or she desires.

I dont think he attend this thread to look like a bashing post. I think he learned not to post any sort of info. like this in the future...

Nittanys1
04-03-2007, 06:45 PM
no reason to talk shit...just figure out whats up with the situation and why you rated like you did....

Maniaç
04-03-2007, 06:46 PM
i know what to say and what not to say.
Example: Fuck B***G*****. haha! but Mahdavi didn't do anything "to" bad to someone i care about for me to say that.

redciv1
04-03-2007, 06:48 PM
Have only been there once for work. Had a tranny installed on my 95 Civic. I had the tranny and car towed to them. Car was done the next day. Sam and Arrish(spelling) were cool. Now this was after I had already heard bad stories about Mahdavi and there work quality. Honestly, like it's been said before every shop has it's days. It was nice of you to post and let everyone know the experience.

Maniaç
04-03-2007, 06:48 PM
no reason to talk shit...just figure out whats up with the situation and why you rated like you did....

true. if yall say that its a god shop, i might go check for myself. i live about 10mins away from it. a small test wouldn't hurt.

Have only been there once for work. Had a tranny installed on my 95 Civic. I had the tranny and car towed to them. Car was done the next day. Sam and Arrish(spelling) were cool. Now this was after I had already heard bad stories about Mahdavi and there work quality. Honestly, like it's been said before every shop has it's days. It was nice of you to post and let everyone know the experience.

glad to hear... im sure they're not as bad as i think.... shops do have there bad and good days. but when Gep told me that last night i felt real bad. 1. cause i told him to go there

Maniaç
04-03-2007, 06:49 PM
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 16 (15 members and 1 guests)
Maniac, Tracer, Echonova, redciv1, Nittanys1, a98tegLS, Carbon~IS, bibong, RandomGuy, Crazy Asian, Velburg, 02lx, gijoe0720, civic95

interesting..... whats with all the attention? haha

KevinT707
04-03-2007, 06:52 PM
Personally, I have had a bad experience w/ MM also.

A few months ago I called to ask how much they sold their nitrous for. The guy said $4/lb or something high. I was simply making an observation and said "You guy's nitrous is more expensive than other places" and the quy immediately says well take it somewhere else then, in a bad attitude tone.

Rude.

Maniaç
04-03-2007, 06:56 PM
damn that sucks kevin. that was rude, he could have atleast said. "yeah, good luck on your project"
or something like that

4dmin
04-03-2007, 07:09 PM
Mahdavi is one of the oldest and most respected shops in the business, i have taken every car i've owned there for general work to custom work. Arash/Sam are great guys :goodjob:

WITH THAT SAID... WTF IS UP W/ PEOPLE CRYING ABOUT THIS SHOP WASN'T NICE... HELLO ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FRIENDS OR A GOOD MECHANIC? IF YOU WANT FRIENDS GO TO MYSPACE IF YOU WANT GOOD WORK GO TO A SHOP AND STFU; THEY HAVE A BUSINESS TO RUN THEY AREN'T THERE TO BE YOUR FRIENDS AND WASTE THEIR TIME. NOTHING PISSES ME OFF MORE THEN PEOPLE WHO GO TO OR CALL SHOPS AND NEVER FOLLOW THROUGH... I CAN COUNT ON EVERYTIME I'M AT A SHOP ATLEAST 1 PERSON CALLS OR DROPS BY TALKING SHIT HOW THEY ARE GOING TO DO THIS OR THAT AND WASTE FUCKING 20+ MINS OF SHOP OWNERS TIME ON THE PHONE OR IN PERSON... :2up:

Annihilation
04-03-2007, 07:11 PM

A few months ago I called to ask how much they sold their nitrous for. The guy said $4/lb or something high. I was simply making an observation and said "You guy's nitrous is more expensive than other places" and the quy immediately says well take it somewhere else then, in a bad attitude tone.

Rude.

LOL .... I say the same shit to ppl when they annoy me.....lol

idk though I like their nitrous service...last time my bottle only needed 2lbs and they filled it up for free :) A++

RandomGuy
04-03-2007, 07:12 PM
LOL .... I say the same shit to ppl when they annoy me.....lolHAHAHAHHA EVERY1 actually mocks him word for word for that

thats like an annihilation quote, no joke... he's always saying that shit when ppl try to lowball him

example:

person: I can get a turbo kinda like that for 250$ on ebay, anndd <gets cut off>

annihilation: then get it on ebay <walks away>

Maniaç
04-03-2007, 07:13 PM
Mahdavi is one of the oldest and most respected shops in the business, i have taken every car i've owned there for general work to custom work. Arash/Sam are great guys :goodjob:

WITH THAT SAID... WTF IS UP W/ PEOPLE CRYING ABOUT THIS SHOP WASN'T NICE... HELLO ARE YOU LOOKING FOR FRIENDS OR A GOOD MECHANIC? IF YOU WANT FRIENDS GO TO MYSPACE IF YOU WANT GOOD WORK GO TO A SHOP AND STFU; THEY HAVE A BUSINESS TO RUN THEY AREN'T THERE TO BE YOUR FRIENDS AND WASTE THEIR TIME. NOTHING PISSES ME OFF MORE THEN PEOPLE WHO GO TO OR CALL SHOPS AND NEVER FOLLOW THROUGH... I CAN COUNT ON EVERYTIME I'M AT A SHOP ATLEAST 1 PERSON CALLS OR DROPS BY TALKING SHIT HOW THEY ARE GOING TO DO THIS OR THAT AND WASTE FUCKING 20+ MINS OF SHOP OWNERS TIME ON THE PHONE OR IN PERSON... :2up:

gald you think that way. and no we weren't trying to make friends. get real paul.. all we wanted to do is check it out and see if its worth taken our cars there. and when i say us i meant(Uncle/Cousin/Me). i guess Geo's zx was the test.. and you know what.. they fucking failed.

fyi: i have Myspace and don't use it to make friends.

4dmin
04-03-2007, 07:13 PM

Rude.

OMFG :screwy:

HOLD ON DO YOU GO TO APPLE BEES AND SAY MCDONALDS HAS CHEESEBURGERS FOR 1$ WHY IS YOUR 5$... DO YOU HONESTLY THINK SHOP "A" GIVES A SHIT ABOUT SHOP "B"? NORMALLY SHOPS WHO CUT PRICES JUST TO GET CUSTOMERS ON SMALL SHIT NEED THE BUSINESS... I'D RATHER PAY MORE AND GO TO THE GUYS THAT CAN CHOOSE TO WORK ON MY RIDE OR NOT; B/C I KNOW THOSE GUYS I CAN HOLD ACCOUNTABLE... SERIOUSLY YOU GUYS ARE COMPARING APPLES/ORANGES.

Maniaç
04-03-2007, 07:16 PM
The reasons why i thought about going there... or telling him to go. was...
1. closer to us(closer than: MSP/TS/Z1/ect.)
2. might be good to atleast know one person in the shop
3. ive seen nice cars why not go....

Maniaç
04-03-2007, 07:20 PM
either way... what happened, happened....../thread.
i don't think we should continue to post in this thread anymore, im sure it'll get ugly.

RandomGuy
04-03-2007, 07:23 PM
OMFG :screwy:

HOLD ON DO YOU GO TO APPLE BEES AND SAY MCDONALDS HAS CHEESEBURGERS FOR 1$ WHY IS YOUR 5$... DO YOU HONESTLY THINK SHOP "A" GIVES A SHIT ABOUT SHOP "B"? NORMALLY SHOPS WHO CUT PRICES JUST TO GET CUSTOMERS ON SMALL SHIT NEED THE BUSINESS... I'D RATHER PAY MORE AND GO TO THE GUYS THAT CAN CHOOSE TO WORK ON MY RIDE OR NOT; B/C I KNOW THOSE GUYS I CAN HOLD ACCOUNTABLE... SERIOUSLY YOU GUYS ARE COMPARING APPLES/ORANGES.

blahhaha faulty logic FTL
nitrous is nitrous, they probably even have the same supplier, same grades, same exactly (if it was any different it would be worse for the consumer bc of unforseen results, it'd throw their fuel map off, etc) so yeah nitrous is nitrous, quality is equal..... .BUTT a $1 DCB from MC D's does not compare to a 5$ deluxe cheeseburger from apple bees... definite difference in quality :) (you know my big ass is a conoisseur of this, Paul)

i just wanted to add some fuel to the fire /instigate blahaha

Maniaç
04-03-2007, 07:26 PM
i'd rather go to Burger King than McDonalds. better food, plus i have it my way there. haha

4dmin
04-03-2007, 07:27 PM
blahhaha faulty logic FTL
nitrous is nitrous, they probably even have the same supplier, same grades, same exactly (if it was any different it would be worse for the consumer bc of unforseen results, it'd throw their fuel map off, etc) so yeah nitrous is nitrous, quality is equal..... .BUTT a $1 DCB from MC D's does not compare to a 5$ deluxe cheeseburger from apple bees... definite difference in quality :) (you know my big ass is a conoisseur of this, Paul)

i just wanted to add some fuel to the fire /instigate blahaha

your a dick ... i hope you choke on your big mac :lmfao:

it doesn't matter what they charge... they can charge what they want you don't like it don't go there... and for further notice to all of those reading... SHOPS ALOT OF TIMES JUST GIVE A PRICE AND SOMETIMES HIGHER THEN NORMAL B/C PEOPLE WASTE THERE FUCKING TIME!!! ITS A NICE WAY TO WEED OUT THE DEADBEATS ;)

Maniaç
04-03-2007, 07:29 PM
your a dick ... i hope you choke on your big mac :lmfao:

it doesn't matter what they charge... they can charge what they want you don't like it don't go there... and for further notice to all of those reading... SHOPS ALOT OF TIMES JUST GIVE A PRICE AND SOMETIMES HIGHER THEN NORMAL B/C PEOPLE WASTE THERE FUCKING TIME!!! ITS A NICE WAY TO WEED OUT THE DEADBEATS ;)

thats not always true.... "deadbeats" you mean cheap ass bitches.....
im sure if they could have checked it and fixed it on the same day, my uncle would have NO problem paying the bill. ;)

RandomGuy
04-03-2007, 07:36 PM
im sure if they could have checked it and fixed it on the same day, my uncle would have NO problem paying the bill. ;)i hope you dont think i'm defending you i'm just stirring things up lolol

your argument is fruitless.... Shops get busy, maybe all the bays were busy, maybe this maybe that... Maybe they were short of help? Who knows but NOT ALL SHOPS GIVE YOU IMMEDIATE SERVICE and thats for damn sure, they did nothing wrong. If they had prior obligations from other paying customers who are you to put yourself in 1st priority no matter how small the job is.

4dmin
04-03-2007, 07:47 PM
im sure if they could have checked it and fixed it on the same day, my uncle would have NO problem paying the bill. ;)

well he could of picked up the phone and set up an appointment

Maniaç
04-03-2007, 07:57 PM
well he could of picked up the phone and set up an appointment

i already went over that...

i hope you dont think i'm defending you i'm just stirring things up lolol

your argument is fruitless.... Shops get busy, maybe all the bays were busy, maybe this maybe that... Maybe they were short of help? Who knows but NOT ALL SHOPS GIVE YOU IMMEDIATE SERVICE and thats for damn sure, they did nothing wrong. If they had prior obligations from other paying customers who are you to put yourself in 1st priority no matter how small the job is.

oh i know... i rarly see people backing me up on anything on ia.

Jaimecbr900
04-03-2007, 08:03 PM
This callout thread kinda backfired, didn't it? ;)

I'm up there all the time, either hanging out or getting something done. Each and everytime without exception they get atleast 1 if not 10 people that are there simply to pick their brains and kick tires. Multiply that by 6 and then again by 52, and then you start to get a vague idea of how much time is wasted.

Every shop has their good days and their not so good days. I've seen personally where Arash, Sam, John, Sang, Jerel (when he was there) all stop what they were doing to attend to someone needing something seemingly small that then turns into a full blown service call. What does that do for the cars that are already UP on the rack and scheduled out? They get delayed to those customers that were there BEFORE and probably made an appointment in the first place. How's that fair? It's not.

Believe me that I've seen them do a lot for their customers. They constantly do pro-bono work whenever possible. Had your uncle come at a time when they weren't slammed, maybe they would've jacked his car up right then and there. Maybe not.

Bottomline is that he shouldn't be upset IMO. It happens and I bet that if he made an appointment and got them to figure out the problem he'd be more than happy with their service then.

RandomGuy
04-03-2007, 08:06 PM

I'm up there all the time, either hanging out or getting something done. Each and everytime without exception they get atleast 1 if not 10 people that are there simply to pick their brains and kick tires. Multiply that by 6 and then again by 52, and then you start to get a vague idea of how much time is wasted.

Every shop has their good days and their not so good days. I've seen personally where Arash, Sam, John, Sang, Jerel (when he was there) all stop what they were doing to attend to someone needing something seemingly small that then turns into a full blown service call. What does that do for the cars that are already UP on the rack and scheduled out? They get delayed to those customers that were there BEFORE and probably made an appointment in the first place. How's that fair? It's not.

Believe me that I've seen them do a lot for their customers. They constantly do pro-bono work whenever possible. Had your uncle come at a time when they weren't slammed, maybe they would've jacked his car up right then and there. Maybe not.

Bottomline is that he shouldn't be upset IMO. It happens and I bet that if he made an appointment and got them to figure out the problem he'd be more than happy with their service then.

i saw you driving on the road a few days ago... dont remmeber it was either thursday or friday going towards them on 29... heh

Maniaç
04-03-2007, 08:07 PM

+1. im sure he would be too. but as for the "callout" comment.... what are you trying to say? im wasn't coming here trying to bash on a shop... i think it was fucked up and so does he.
either way, what happened, happened. hopefully he gets it fixed tomorrow

Jaimecbr900
04-03-2007, 08:08 PM
i saw you driving on the road a few days ago... dont remmeber it was either thursday or friday going towards them on 29... heh

It was Thursday.... :D

What car where you in?

Jaimecbr900
04-03-2007, 08:10 PM
+1. im sure he would be too. but as for the "callout" comment.... what are you trying to say? im wasn't coming here trying to bash on a shop... i think it was fucked up and so does he.
either way, what happened, happened. hopefully he gets it fixed tomorrow

Sorry bud, but this was started as a call out thread.

What exactly is it that you still think is "fucked up" about it? :thinking:

Maniaç
04-03-2007, 08:10 PM
Sorry bud, but this was started as a call out thread.

What exactly is it that you still think is "fucked up" about it? :thinking:

just the whole situation and conclusion....

RandomGuy
04-03-2007, 08:14 PM
It was Thursday.... :D

What car where you in?lolol stereotypical brown person car... a camry :)

i blew the stock turbo on the starion a month ago... so yesterday i finally got shit together... my turbonetics t04b w/ upgraded wheel, etc etc... so got it all together http://www.importatlanta.com/upload/files/299/DSC00270.JPG
http://www.importatlanta.com/upload/files/299/DSC00271.JPG

so we crank it... cool cool... back out... drive from harbins to the 4 point intersection (citgo) turbo = zero spool and there was smoke (couldn't tell if it was from the oil in my hardpipe from before) so we drive back... turbo was bARELY spooling the entire time home so i'm like you know what fuck it (figured the WG was fucked up or something).. i floored it..all of sudden i hear the dreaded grind of the turbine wheel hitting the compressor lolol

so pull back into my driveway now its smokin likea bitch... turns out that the nut on the end of the shaft was loose when i started... as it spooled it undid itself and the turbine wheel went into turbine housing ... good thing the compressor wheel didnt really touch anything.. so any how .. my 0 mile turbo is fubarred :) all because of one loose bolt... i dont know why i decided to rant in this thread but yeah it pissed me off haha

Jaimecbr900
04-03-2007, 08:15 PM
just the whole situation and conclusion....

Come on, are you the same "Maniac" that likes to start stuff here on IA??? :D

You called them out, then call them out.

After what everyone has said here, you STILL think they handled it wrong? If so, how?

Jaimecbr900
04-03-2007, 08:21 PM
lolol stereotypical brown person car... a camry :)

i blew the stock turbo on the starion a month ago... so yesterday i finally got shit together... my turbonetics t04b w/ upgraded wheel, etc etc... so got it all together http://www.importatlanta.com/upload/files/299/DSC00270.JPG
http://www.importatlanta.com/upload/files/299/DSC00271.JPG

so we crank it... cool cool... back out... drive from harbins to the 4 point intersection (citgo) turbo = zero spool and there was smoke (couldn't tell if it was from the oil in my hardpipe from before) so we drive back... turbo was bARELY spooling the entire time home so i'm like you know what fuck it (figured the WG was fucked up or something).. i floored it..all of sudden i hear the dreaded grind of the turbine wheel hitting the compressor lolol

so pull back into my driveway now its smokin likea bitch... turns out that the nut on the end of the shaft was loose when i started... as it spooled it undid itself and the turbine wheel went into turbine housing ... good thing the compressor wheel didnt really touch anything.. so any how .. my 0 mile turbo is fubarred :) all because of one loose bolt... i dont know why i decided to rant in this thread but yeah it pissed me off haha

If you'd taken it to Mahdavi, that wouldn't of happened....... :lmfao: ;)

Couldn't resist. :D

Seriously, sorry to hear about that. Don't you hate it when it's something small like that? You almost want it all to go down in a big blaze of glory just as you cross the finish line to take the championship.....you know?? :D

Hope you get it fixed soon. I'm sure Arash and them can send it off for you to get rebuilt if you need them to. :goodjob:

yerrow
04-03-2007, 08:21 PM
so if they were busy on someone elses car which they probably were, flip the shoes.

if your car was on a lift getting worked on and you were coming in to pick it up in a few hours and it wasn't done. arash tells you someone needed a leak check out and it put them behind on your car and thats why it wasn't done by the pick up time. what would you think?

would you think that WOW that was nice of them to put my car on the backburner so they could diagnose a walk-in?

or would you think SHIT...my car isn't done when you said and i've paid for parts and labor. so this is how you treat paying customers?

this thread sucks. business's in demand work on schedules and appointments.

Tracy
04-03-2007, 08:22 PM

TRUF! Jaime for Prez!

Jaimecbr900
04-03-2007, 08:27 PM
TRUF! Jaime for Prez!

Thank you Ma'am..... :cheers:

RandomGuy
04-03-2007, 08:28 PM
If you'd taken it to Mahdavi, that wouldn't of happened....... :lmfao: ;)

Couldn't resist. :D

Seriously, sorry to hear about that. Don't you hate it when it's something small like that? You almost want it all to go down in a big blaze of glory just as you cross the finish line to take the championship.....you know?? :D

Hope you get it fixed soon. I'm sure Arash and them can send it off for you to get rebuilt if you need them to. :goodjob:i appreciate it man, but i'm prolly gonna peice it together again with another turbonetics i have layin around, same hotside, so i'm just gonna pop on the compressor wheel/housing on it and this time make sure all is tight before it put it on LOLOL

but knowing my luck my ecu will start throwing vtec malfunction codes or something random and delay its running another few months hahahah :)

but yeah man when things blow like this it pisses you off beyond explanation, specially when shit is sooo perfect and a single imperfection in the wrong place totally fubar everything hahah

[/threadjack]

Tracy
04-03-2007, 08:31 PM
Thank you Ma'am..... :cheers:

I just love smart people with common sense. If everyone was as smart as you the worled be a better place and I woulod have less enimies :D. I say it all of the time, but you honestly make the best posts everytime you post; always organized thoughts. *golf clap*

Jaimecbr900
04-03-2007, 08:35 PM
I just love smart people with common sense. If everyone was as smart as you the worled be a better place and I woulod have less enimies :D. I say it all of the time, but you honestly make the best posts everytime you post; always organized thoughts. *golf clap*

:o

Thank you. ;)

Maniaç
04-03-2007, 08:39 PM
Come on, are you the same "Maniac" that likes to start stuff here on IA??? :D

You called them out, then call them out.

After what everyone has said here, you STILL think they handled it wrong? If so, how?

haha! dude i just think that they should have been nicer thats all!
ps: the old Maniac is slowly going away.

Jaimecbr900
04-03-2007, 08:56 PM

Everyone has their good days and bad. Be more understandable to that. Put yourself in their shoes. They are trying everyday to keep the customer's they do have happy by getting their cars in and out on time and for the price quoted. That's hard all by itself, then add in a bunch of random phone calls from people wanting free diagnosis over the phone and walk-ins wanting the same. I've personally watched people walk-in off the street and try and get Arash to give them part numbers or totally pick their brains to then go home and try their hair brain project under a tree with a bunch of drunk buddies. Then they bring that same car on a wrecker and say, "ummm, fix it....and I can't afford too much either..". You pop the hood and it looks like nuclear drunk rats chewed on the cables and a retarded one-eyed teenager tried to do a motor and tranny swap. What do you expect them to say to the next guy that walks in asking for "advice" or wanting them to put their car up on the rack to check for a leak which he has no idea where it's from? Do you think they should drop what they're doing for PAYING customers that were there for God knows how long before you showed up??? Think about it logically.

ps: the old Maniac is slowly going away.

I see that. :goodjob:

RandomGuy
04-03-2007, 08:57 PM
ps: the old Maniac is slowly going away.exit 101?
what high school did you go to? Ghettocreek?

Tracy
04-03-2007, 08:59 PM
Everyone has their good days and bad. Be more understandable to that. Put yourself in their shoes. They are trying everyday to keep the customer's they do have happy by getting their cars in and out on time and for the price quoted. That's hard all by itself, then add in a bunch of random phone calls from people wanting free diagnosis over the phone and walk-ins wanting the same. I've personally watched people walk-in off the street and try and get Arash to give them part numbers or totally pick their brains to then go home and try their hair brain project under a tree with a bunch of drunk buddies. Then they bring that same car on a wrecker and say, "ummm, fix it....and I can't afford too much either..". You pop the hood and it looks like nuclear drunk rats chewed on the cables and a retarded one-eyed teenager tried to do a motor and tranny swap. What do you expect them to say to the next guy that walks in asking for "advice" or wanting them to put their car up on the rack to check for a leak which he has no idea where it's from? Do you think they should drop what they're doing for PAYING customers that were there for God knows how long before you showed up??? Think about it logically.

:lmfao: good one and so true!

Maniaç
04-03-2007, 09:04 PM
exit 101?
what high school did you go to? Ghettocreek?
no i went to Norcross HighSchool. GO BLUE DEVILS!!!!! :goodjob:

ok man.... i get it... lets drop this shit. haha

Jaimecbr900
04-03-2007, 09:04 PM
:lmfao: good one and so true!

The sad part is that it's true. You know that. People come in, pick your brain, then they think they save money by buying a case of beer for all his "mechanic" buddies to do it under a tree on a Sunday. Monday comes around and the car doesn't run.... :thinking: Happens all the time. I'm sure it's happened to you guys a million times too. :D

Jaimecbr900
04-03-2007, 09:07 PM
no i went to Norcross HighSchool. GO BLUE DEVILS!!!!! :goodjob:

Back in the day, yall were one of our biggest rivals. Central Gwinnett alumni right here...... :bump: Graduated probably before some of yall were even born...... :screwy: :D

ok man.... i get it... lets drop this shit. haha

Cool. :goodjob:

Maniaç
04-03-2007, 09:08 PM
Back in the day, yall were one of our biggest rivals. Central Gwinnett alumni right here...... :bump: Graduated probably before some of yall were even born...... :screwy: :D

Cool. :goodjob:

haha, didn't know that. (thinks to himself) i miss the old Maniac. :D

Maniaç
04-03-2007, 09:12 PM
yo Julio you can delete this thread anytime you want.

06SilverBullet
04-03-2007, 09:15 PM

Very Good Point Chris!!.

Mark :goodjob:

Julio
04-03-2007, 09:16 PM
lame thread

Maniaç
04-03-2007, 09:19 PM
lame thread

haha, no it wasn't. but now its over...../thread.

RandomGuy
04-03-2007, 09:22 PM
this thread needs more queen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irp8CNj9qBI

TypeRPersonality
04-03-2007, 09:26 PM
Perhaps the original thread starter's reason wasn't sufficient enough to give MM a thumbs down. But one day I called up for a price quote. And instead of one, the guy on the phone said "it would be a waste of time and money, I don't want to do the job." Wtf is that? This was concerning camber kit installation.