PDA

View Full Version : Instant Opinions about Kids w/ Nice Cars

Nemesis
04-03-2007, 12:31 PM
Lately ive been noticing and viewing profiles and noticing some of the members on this board owning more expensive types of cars like G35's, 350s, Corvettes,etc etc. Usually I would think okay they probably pay for it, until I see their profiles. Dates with like, born in 1989, 1988, etc etc. LOL Im sorry (edit: no im not ) if Im calling someone out on this, but it makes sick to see that parents would do this. No Im DEFINITLY not jealous LOL I have no reason to be. But most of these "kids" with these cars, come off as arrogant, cocky, and better than others attitude because mommy and daddy funded their little hobby. There are always exceptions to the rule, but as a majority this is true. Some dumbass in a 350Z at a meet walked up to me and started bragging about how he got his Z a month ago and hes wanting to sell it for something else. I asked em how old he was and he said 18. The kid probably doesnt even know how to manage monopoly money

+1 for those that pay for everything themselves.

2.0civic
04-03-2007, 12:33 PM
Lately ive been noticing and viewing profiles and noticing some of the members on this board owning more expensive types of cars like G35's, 350s, Corvettes,etc etc. Usually I would think okay they probably pay for it, until I see their profiles. Dates with like, born in 1989, 1988, etc etc. LOL Im sorry if Im calling someone out on this, but it makes sick to see that parents would do this. No Im DEFINITLY not jealous LOL I have no reason to be. But most of these "kids" with these cars, come off as arrogant, cocky, and better than others attitude because mommy and daddy funded their little hobby. There are always exceptions to the rule, but as a majority this is true. Some dumbass in a 350Z at a meet walked up to me and started bragging about how he got his Z a month ago and hes wanting to sell it for something else. I asked em how old he was and he said 18. The kid probably doesnt even know how to manage monopoly money

i would rather earn my lifestyle then live up to sterotypes...:2cents:

Mike Lowrey
04-03-2007, 12:34 PM
Daddy's money FTL!

LiL PaKi
04-03-2007, 12:37 PM
I buy and pay for my own stuff.. I hate it when ppl spend money on me whether it's my bf or family... i'm one of those that is independent and doesn't need to rely on others...

Nemesis
04-03-2007, 12:39 PM
I buy and pay for my own stuff.. I hate it when ppl spend money on me whether it's my bf or family... i'm one of those that is independent and doesn't need to rely on others...

Postive Reps for you.

Slowboy
dang man why does a g35 have to be first on the list. Im 21, i pay for it all my self. All the toys have, my palace (aka small apartment) lol. But yeah i know were your coming at.I know of some people in town. That literally have had whatever vehicle they wont ever since they were 16. pretty sickening. I feel bad for them. but i aint goin to lie. In the past yeah my parents have helped me get out of sticky situations. But i still do my own thing.

Elbow
I have always had to do it all by myself, parents help with school, but car, gas, insurance, all that, I have to pay.

I think some of the young people with nice cars deserve it, and dont make me mad. It's the ones that basically rub it in your face and talk shit that piss me off.

jmmx258
04-03-2007, 12:40 PM
I wish I had daddy's money sometimes! My dad mostly funded motocorss. Of which I paid back when I got to the pro classes and started making money. (Paid the best I could) I also busted my ass doing things for him to get some cash too.

Other than a 1985 S10 that the cab literally fell off the frame, and an 81 Thunderbird he paid 200 bucks for, I never got car stuff from my dad. All my others were bought and paid for myself. I really can't wait to get this CRX Done, and then lay claim to it all :)

sirkus
04-03-2007, 12:42 PM
Only car my parents got me was a $800 geo storm so that I could get a job. I finally got a better job and I bought my mazda. I used to see a lot of cocky assholes in high school, just turned 16 with a F350 sitting around 4' in the air(that they dog the piss out of).

Nemesis
04-03-2007, 12:43 PM
I think some of the young people with nice cars deserve it, and dont make me mad. It's the ones that basically rub it in your face and talk shit that piss me off.

This is where im lost. How do some young people with nice cars deserve it? Good grades? Come on man. Seriously?

Im sorry, but when you're that young, 90 percent of them will rub it in your face like you give a flippin shit. lol

Hulud
04-03-2007, 12:44 PM
wheres kfunk whatever his name is? :lmao:

Elbow
04-03-2007, 12:44 PM
Maybe if they got good grades all in high school, made it to a good college, and they get a nice car with it. I dont know. But some do get a nice car and dont do a thing to deserve it.

sirkus
04-03-2007, 12:45 PM
Only kids with cancer deserve damn nice cars. :)

Hulud
ive had to buy all my cars and my mods. im on my 3rd car in 5 years cause these type of people who think the roads are for bumpercars

Elbow
lol reps to sirkus34

Hulud
Only kids with cancer deserve damn nice cars. :)
why? cause god hates them? :lmfao:

Sol-Badguy
04-03-2007, 12:46 PM
My first car was given to me by my grandfather because we own a car lot. It was a $400 86 Mustang with a V6 & 3-Speed automatic.

I was fucking thankful. Every car after that I paid for myself.

sirkus
04-03-2007, 12:46 PM
why? cause god hates them? :lmfao:
lmao.. no the parents get their money back :yes:

Nemesis
04-03-2007, 12:47 PM
Maybe if they got good grades all in high school, made it to a good college, and they get a nice car with it. I dont know. But some do get a nice car and dont do a thing to deserve it.

Good then they can get a job and buy one themselves. Half of them dont even know what it means to finance a car let alone have any sort of credit.

Hulud
04-03-2007, 12:48 PM
Good then they can get a job and buy one themselves. Half of them dont even know what it means to finance a car let alone have any sort of credit.
cash son! no finance FUCK interest

Elbow
04-03-2007, 12:49 PM
Oh yeah I agree they should have a job and work as well.

JennB
My parents never paid a single penny towards the purchase or insurance of any of my cars. I bought my 200SX SE-R when I was 20 and saved and saved for that car and took great care of it.

I was actually talking about this the other day. If I have the money when I have kids old enough to drive, I would probably buy my kid a decently nice car.. but under very strict conditions. They would have to behave, take care of it, do great in school, never abuse the car or get in trouble with it and have to pay for part of it, at the very, very least the insurance. Get tickets, wrecks, do bad in school, act up and it's gone... no exceptions.

LiL PaKi
I have always had to do it all by myself, parents help with school, but car (#), gas, insurance, all that, I have to pay.

i pay for school myself :(

Sol-Badguy
cash son! no finance FUCK interest
:goodjob:

Elbow
04-03-2007, 12:50 PM
Reps to you then LiL PaKi! :goodjob:

LiL PaKi
04-03-2007, 12:50 PM
:goodjob:

x2

Nemesis
04-03-2007, 12:51 PM
Financing and then paying off the car quick is a great way to boost your credit score.

Hulud
oh yea, my first car I BOUGHT FROM MY DAD

so fuck you kids, work for your shit, you will appreciate it more and not think its bumpercars you faggots

Hulud
Financing and then paying off the car quick is a great way to boost your credit score.
werd, but with a score like 790 i dont need to do that :D

Sol-Badguy
04-03-2007, 12:52 PM
When I have kids, they're first car will be given to them. Only it WILL be a crappy looking thing that will get them from Point A to Point B.

You always remember your first car.

Not to mention it will make them appreciate the nicer cars they get down the road. (BAD PUN!)

JennB
i pay for school myself :(

I did that too. And yeah... it sucked so much when I was doing it but I learned so much. I'm amazingly good with money and am so glad I learned those tough lessons in college.

I'd love to not have 4.5 more years of student loans to pay but oh well, I'll certainly never be one of those people you see filing bankruptcy or losing their houses for messing up with their money. I know better and I know how to save. :bump:

Nemesis
werd, but with a score like 790 i dont need to do that :D

bitch im not talkin bout you lol, im talking about these kids with no credit :slap:

jmmx258
04-03-2007, 12:53 PM
From what I understand, thats actually not as good for your credit as paying it off at the proper times. Simply because crediting companies are said to look at you as if your not ready for the commitment and want it paid off and off your back asap.

I could be wrong.

sirkus
04-03-2007, 12:54 PM
When I have kids, they're first car will be given to them. Only it WILL be a crappy looking thing that will get them from Point A to Point B.

You always remember your first car.

Not to mention it will make them appreciate the nicer cars they get down the road. (BAD PUN!)
I'm gonna buy mine a vette. z06.. Then collect all of their insurance money after they die. Money in tha bank son..

Sol-Badguy
04-03-2007, 12:55 PM
I'm gonna buy mine a vette. z06.. Then collect all of their insurance money after they die. Money in tha bank son..
Daaaaaamn.

Too bad you can't take out life insurance out on a 16 y/o. :ninja:

LiL PaKi
04-03-2007, 12:55 PM
I did that too. And yeah... it sucked so much when I was doing it but I learned so much. I'm amazingly good with money and am so glad I learned those tough lessons in college.

I'd love to not have 4.5 more years of student loans to pay but oh well, I'll certainly never be one of those people you see filing bankruptcy or losing their houses for messing up with their money. I know better and I know how to save. :bump:

+1 for a fellow accountant!

Slowboy
04-03-2007, 12:56 PM
just turn it to mtv, sweet 16 right now. HAHAHA

Elbow
04-03-2007, 12:56 PM

:eek: lol

Hulud
04-03-2007, 12:57 PM
bitch im not talkin bout you lol, im talking about these kids with no credit :slap:
i know, im just sayin! lol

anyways you need to see my thread in the photos section i had a couple questions about the camera but you never posted!

Nemesis
04-03-2007, 12:57 PM
just turn it to mtv, sweet 16 right now. HAHAHA

That show makes throw shit at my tv (which I really shouldnt). Some chick had daddy buy her a 5 series. I could see her joining up a site like this and bragging about her new 5 series LOL

Nemesis
04-03-2007, 12:58 PM
i know, im just sayin! lol

anyways you need to see my thread in the photos section i had a couple questions about the camera but you never posted!

link it slut. I might reply if I deem your thread worth of my golden pool of knowledge. No piss jokes. :lmao:

sirkus
Daaaaaamn.

Too bad you can't take out life insurance out on a 16 y/o. :ninja:
You can't?! Well screw that then.. I'll get him a yugo or some shit.

Hulud
link it slut. I might reply if I deem your thread worth of my golden pool of knowledge. No piss jokes. :lmao:
http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111096&page=2

damn.... sooo easy too

Elbow
04-03-2007, 01:00 PM
I like on Sweet 16 when someone gets a brand new car, and she will be all pissed and cry cause it's the wrong color.

sirkus
04-03-2007, 01:01 PM
That show makes throw shit at my tv (which I really shouldnt). Some chick had daddy buy her a 5 series. I could see her joining up a site like this and bragging about her new 5 series LOL
I love how the girls will sit there and tell her friends "Daddy's gonna get me a m5 bla bla bla" Then they roll out with a normal 5 series and they pitch a fit. "It'S NOT WHAT I WANTED!!"

Makes me want to shoot them in their fucking face. Who the hell loves watching that show?

Slowboy
04-03-2007, 01:01 PM
I like on Sweet 16 when someone gets a brand new car, and she will be all pissed and cry cause it's the wrong color.

haha i have not seen that one. I just happen to be chillin her for lunch at my tv was on mtv. and well yeah 16th b day. them chicks are bitches. cant stand it.

Killer
04-03-2007, 01:02 PM
Lately ive been noticing and viewing profiles and noticing some of the members on this board owning more expensive types of cars like G35's, 350s, Corvettes,etc etc. Usually I would think okay they probably pay for it, until I see their profiles. Dates with like, born in 1989, 1988, etc etc. LOL Im sorry (edit: no im not ) if Im calling someone out on this, but it makes sick to see that parents would do this. No Im DEFINITLY not jealous LOL I have no reason to be. But most of these "kids" with these cars, come off as arrogant, cocky, and better than others attitude because mommy and daddy funded their little hobby. There are always exceptions to the rule, but as a majority this is true. Some dumbass in a 350Z at a meet walked up to me and started bragging about how he got his Z a month ago and hes wanting to sell it for something else. I asked em how old he was and he said 18. The kid probably doesnt even know how to manage monopoly money

agreed! i've got a couple of friends that fit this profile.. but not really cocky about it...

i'm 21 years old and drive a hatch.... and to me it's my first "nice" vehicle.... so yeah, props to those who pay for it themselves...

ShooterMcGavin
04-03-2007, 01:09 PM
i've always had help/support from my family, doesn't mean i'm irresponsible nor do i abuse the help :2cents:

itsjustdee
04-03-2007, 01:12 PM
I agree. I can't stand seeing that parents are spoiling their kids with nice cars. Trust me, I'm not jealous b/c I know what they get from their parents, I can get on my own. When parents spoil their kids like that, they will never learn responsibility. The kids take advantage of that shit and it's annoying.

I moved out of state when I was 18 and I've been living on my own since. I haven't asked for my parents help for anything and I don't think I ever will. It feels so much better when you pay for things on your own. I may stress about bills, but that's a part of life. The only way you can learn how to do shit on your own is to go through it instead of having your parents help you all the time.

Now give me my rep Dog Eater George! LOL

itsjustdee
04-03-2007, 01:15 PM
This is where im lost. How do some young people with nice cars deserve it? Good grades? Come on man. Seriously?

Im sorry, but when you're that young, 90 percent of them will rub it in your face like you give a flippin shit. lol

I think some kids deserve if they know NOT to take advantage of their parents money. If you're in high school and you're at least working to help support yourself (and you're paying for little things on your own like insurance and gas) then you deserve it.

BUT if you're a spoiled little brat like those teenagers on Sweet 16 on MTV then you need to be shot!

Doppelgänger
04-03-2007, 01:15 PM
Reguardless of what anyone says, all of us are envious of that situation. Evny doesn't mean you're jealous in a bad way or anything. Perhaps we (those of us who pay for everything) wish we could live with one or 2 less payments and have extra money in our pockets. The people who get stuff like that handed to them don't know, they're used to it. I wouldn't blame them as much as the parents. I mean, who wouldn't pass the opportunity to be given a amount to spend on someone else giving you a car? Once again, its us of those who know what it means to work and save for thing that know its hard.

hydroshutter
04-03-2007, 01:16 PM
I consider myself very fortunate. I'm 21, go to school halftime (went to school full time for a year) while working full time and I pay for 99% of my expenses except rent. I'm putting myself through school and recently started paying for my Insurance. I bought a Z06 because it's one of the few things that keeps me sane in my busy life right now. I have awesome parents who allow me to live at home and help me out if I ever needed it. I always decline when my parents offer me money due to the fact it'll feel that much better whenever I graduate, have my car paid for, and am living on my own. To know I paid for it all by myself is an extremely rewarding feeling.

Ok, enough rambling for me.

itsjustdee
04-03-2007, 01:19 PM
From what I understand, thats actually not as good for your credit as paying it off at the proper times. Simply because crediting companies are said to look at you as if your not ready for the commitment and want it paid off and off your back asap.

I could be wrong.

You're right. Creditors look at your payments and how you pay monthly. If you charge it up and pay it off right away that doesn't give them a chance to look at your cash flow. If you pay the minimum with an extra $10 or more, it actually helps your score too. Creditors also look at your credit line. If they see that you have 2-3 credit cards over $500 line of credit, other companies will actually try to offer you more just b/c you have those in hand.

Evil Goat
04-03-2007, 01:24 PM
in all honesty....who really cares? the question you should be asking is does worrying about something this minute in life make your life better? probably not....so why bother?

ShooterMcGavin
04-03-2007, 01:25 PM
The people who get stuff like that handed to them don't know, they're used to it.
don't generalize, i'm not "used to" any of the help given to me by my parents considering we started at the bottom...

Nemesis
04-03-2007, 01:29 PM
in all honesty....who really cares? the question you should be asking is does worrying about something this minute in life make your life better? probably not....so why bother?

Hey its a thread topic thatll get hits. Dont make me bring Sizzle up in this bitch :lmfao:

Killer
04-03-2007, 01:31 PM
don't generalize, i'm not "used to" any of the help given to me by my parents considering we started at the bottom...

reps if i can....

there is a huge difference in parents spoiling their kids..

but i know if i had started with nothing and so did they, and i worked my way up and was able to buy them the car they wanted.. i would in a heart beat..

what kills me is the people with money(kids) that think that i don't deserve to have something nicer because i wasn't raised with it..

Hulud
04-03-2007, 01:33 PM
reps if i can....

there is a huge difference in parents spoiling their kids..

but i know if i had started with nothing and so did they, and i worked my way up and was able to buy them the car they wanted.. i would in a heart beat..

what kills me is the people with money(kids) that think that i don't deserve to have something nicer because i wasn't raised with it..
just because they buy their kids cars doesnt mean they have money

PEOPLE DONT REALIZE THE AMOUNT OF PEOPLE LIVING OFF DEBT
and only paying the minimum on their credit cards to "keep up with the jones's"

Nemesis
04-03-2007, 01:35 PM
I try to keep up with the Bretts

Kyle
04-03-2007, 01:36 PM
Sounds like everyone at Northview high school and the other real rich areas in fulton county. I live near there and stopped by a wendy's near the school on peachtree indusrial. Well while there I see an S4 with upgraded turbos a good bit of work and some $2K BBS wheels. I then see a bunch of other kids with stuff their parents paid to build like huge trucks, all really new, none of which were beaters. Oh and while there I saw "LS2_Kid" in his C6 Corvette.

I saw my friend in his wrangler there he is bragging so how cool these kids are and how they have such nice cars. I am thinking I am not impressed at any of this. I am impressed your parents can afford this stuff, but I dont give the kids any credit for building or paying for any of it. They are just driving it.

I am not against kids having nice cars. If my dad offered my a $30k+ car I would have no problem driving it. BUT when they are cocky about something they didnt build or pay for I have a problem.

imbosile
04-03-2007, 01:38 PM
I know what you're saying, granted I'm only 18 myself but I see this all the time. I'm not going to lie either, my parents paid for half of my car and sometimes help me out a little on mods (birthdays, christmas, etc.) but hopefully I don't come off as the cocky kind to anyone because that is totally not me. So all I can say is make sure you know someone before you judge them.

Nemesis
04-03-2007, 01:39 PM
but hopefully I don't come off as the cocky kind to anyone because that is totally not me. So all I can say is make sure you know someone before you judge them.

:2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up: :2up:

lol

Evil Goat
04-03-2007, 01:41 PM
im more impressed by those who can build it, not buy it

Evil Goat

lol

rutheless

imbosile

lol

hahahahahaha that's not nice

Doppelgänger
04-03-2007, 01:47 PM

Well was this how it was as you were growing up? (meaning you remember your parents "starting from the bottom" and watching them get better). If thats the case, then that comment does not apply. Im saying to the people who have grown up in 10 bedroom houses all their life and have always had money around. Unless the parents are hard asses, they get most stuff handed to them and don't know what its like, its not the kids fault by far.

ShooterMcGavin
04-03-2007, 01:51 PM
Well was this how it was as you were growing up? (meaning you remember your parents "starting from the bottom" and watching them get better). If thats the case, then that comment does not apply. Im saying to the people who have grown up in 10 bedroom houses all their life and have always had money around. Unless the parents are hard asses, they get most stuff handed to them and don't know what its like, its not the kids fault by far.
yes, i just wanted to hear u clarify :goodjob:

Big Baller
04-03-2007, 01:53 PM
none

Wurm
04-03-2007, 01:54 PM
shit i couldnt even get my parents to cosign on a car for me lirl

Doppelgänger
04-03-2007, 01:55 PM
none

silly kids.....

oh wtf... as i hit quote, you edited your shit?
own3d....

_Christian_
04-03-2007, 02:01 PM
i've always paid for everything my whole life. except for my car insurance and school tuition. so i know i have it better than some people. my dad pays that and im very grateful. then i see all of these kids who are ungrateful when there parents hand them 10, 20, 30, 50+ thousand dollars for a car. it's usually asshole kids who own their parents and demand these things and their parents dont remember how to say NO.

Bruce Leroy
04-03-2007, 02:01 PM
there was a 5 year old at the NP meet that was driving a supercharged 350z with a carbon fiber front bumper.

Jecht
04-03-2007, 03:03 PM
Kids like this always piss me off. My parents actually told me that they would buy me a car when I graduated from high school, but I had already saved up money and bought my own car before I graduated and I told them I didn't want them to buy me a car. I don't like others paying for my stuff.

GTScoob
04-03-2007, 03:33 PM
My parents paid for my WRX a couple years ago, I cant lie, and unknowingly they got one with some mods(albeit for a great price) on it but whenever anything has broken on it I've paid for it. I've paid for all of the mods since then and the general upkeep of the car. The car was an early graduation present since their old F-150 I'd been driving around before was way too unpractical for driving around Atlanta. We had talked about getting a Civic or Tiburon for a while and one day I came home from work and my mom had picked out the wagon, testdriven it and brought it home.

I'm a pretty humble person about all of it and drive it like a grandma because I know that if it gets totalled for any reason there's no way I'm getting another one. Honestly I've gotten a lot closer to my father since getting this car since I'm always fiddling with stuff on it when I'm down at the house and he likes to come and check it out. He's normally the next person to drive the car whenever I put a new mod on it. I've had a job along with being a full-time student for my entire time at college with the exception of one semester.

koukis14
04-03-2007, 03:41 PM
My parents paid for my first two cars and I beat the shit out of them and never washed or cleaned them. Of course when I was 16-19 years old I was a dick bag. The cars I pay for I treat like I pay for them. 99% of kids that get nice cars like that are assholes and do not care about anything. I did know one kid that got an RX8 for his 16th birthday and babied it, he was also cool, got good grades, and was not a stuck up yuppie.

WickedIXMR
04-03-2007, 04:05 PM
i guess im a spoiled arrogant prick:(

Mike Lowrey
04-03-2007, 04:07 PM
i guess im a spoiled arrogant prick:(

OK....if you say so.

WickedIXMR
04-03-2007, 04:09 PM
i was being sarcastic

Mike Lowrey
04-03-2007, 04:10 PM
i was being sarcastic

Maybe I was, maybe I wasn't......

VooDooXII
04-03-2007, 04:12 PM
The only thing that bugs me is when kids get cars without putting some kind of work towards them. Cars for graduating high school? That shit pisses me off...as does cars for people's birthday. I'm nineteen without a car of my own. I manage to get by with borrowing my parents'. I can understand getting rewards for doing well with school or whatever. My parents agreed to help me out with a GTO if I did well at Tech this year. My parents won't hesitate to sell it if my grades slip again. I have to do some kind of work for my car...and insurance and gas is up to me. That's what a job's for :goodjob:.

Mike Lowrey
04-03-2007, 04:15 PM
I bought my first car @ 16. Paid $4500 for the car. Saved every penny myself. I didn't get a car, etc for graduating highschool, college. Everything I have, I bought and paid for myself. It is the only way I will do it.

VooDooXII
04-03-2007, 04:17 PM
At least that way, other people don't have leverage on your stuff.

bigdare23
04-03-2007, 04:18 PM
FUCK ALL YA HATERS!!! My parents got me a 1988 CRX. I'm a fucking balla!!!!

LOL
Naw, my father gave me his dd after a (chop) shop in Peachtree City fuck up my car, and since I was in school (not making much money), I couldnt afford another. So you call me spoiler if you want to cuz my parent got me a "NICE ASS CAR" LOL

§treet_§peed
04-03-2007, 04:19 PM
man i've bought both cars i ahve owned by myelf... man my first car looked shitter than a freaking pinto.. but i worked hard and made it look really good supsrisingly.. hell when you earn it, it is alot more worth it in the long run i believe

Mike Lowrey
04-03-2007, 04:20 PM
At least that way, other people don't have leverage on your stuff.

It's partly that, but it is also proving to yourself that you can do it on your own. Too many people will gladly take hand-outs from people even when they can do it themselves. This is just lazy and it is the problem with society. If we had more people create their own opportunities and support themselves, we would be far better off.

Maniaç
04-03-2007, 04:49 PM
i know i pay for my shit

antiv6
04-03-2007, 05:12 PM
its probably a mistake for me to even post in this thread since i am 18 and my parents did get me the car i wanted. Im not cocky about it though, most teenagers are, they tell me that i shouldn't have even gotten it if i dont race or push my car hard, i drive like someone should, i have zero tickets and never race anyone and ive had my liscense since i was 16. My dad is into cars so thats why they got me a mustang, they both my parents love cars. I dont see why this is a big deal to everyone that a younger person has a nice car. I have worked and wanted to work i was never forced into it. I think if a teenager is given a 400hp car and they respect it and don't beat the shit out of it and race everyone it shows they are not a cocky person, most of the people on here drive over the speed limit all day long and race everybody, i get passed by people in $500 cars going 70 in a 40mph area all the time. Its crazy, if younger people get nice cars and respect them then i see nothing wrong with it but when you get a brand new bmw and beat the shit out of it it just makes me sick

Lucky DAWG
04-03-2007, 05:14 PM
the 1998 Accord EX i had was given to me i admit as a hand me down when my mom got her new car, it broke in about 3 months though, the transmission was gone to hell and would've cost like 2 or 3k to fix or something like that the mechanics said.

my current car, 1996 SC400 was i think 5 or 6k, i paid for 2k of it, but i have payed for all of my mods to date.

even though i'm not driving some fancy new car, i admit i've had help on getting my car, 6k is just something i do not have even after working a job since 16.

imbosile
04-03-2007, 05:14 PM
its probably a mistake for me to even post in this thread since i am 18 and my parents did get me the car i wanted. Im not cocky about it though, most teenagers are, they tell me that i shouldn't have even gotten it if i dont race or push my car hard, i drive like someone should, i have zero tickets and never race anyone and ive had my liscense since i was 16. My dad is into cars so thats why they got me a mustang, they both my parents love cars. I dont see why this is a big deal to everyone that a younger person has a nice car. I have worked and wanted to work i was never forced into it. I think if a teenager is given a 400hp car and they respect it and don't beat the shit out of it and race everyone it shows they are not a cocky person, most of the people on here drive over the speed limit all day long and race everybody, i get passed by people in $500 cars going 70 in a 40mph area all the time. Its crazy, if younger people get nice cars and respect them then i see nothing wrong with it but when you get a brand new bmw and beat the shit out of it it just makes me sick

agreed :goodjob:

Lucky DAWG
04-03-2007, 05:16 PM

thats true
if you're gonna get something really nice then atleast have respect for how fortunate you are, well put

speedracer41
04-03-2007, 05:23 PM
This is exactly what is wrong with society! Props to everyone who works hard to fund their hobby! Call me a hater if you want, but I work to pay for my home and all my toys. I take handouts from nobody! and I do laugh when some punk ass kid wastes their parents money by putting their car into a ditch!

OneSlow5pt0
04-03-2007, 06:57 PM
my grandparents gave me $1k when i turned 18,and i bought my RX-7 then turned around and sold the RX-7 for 4k

Psycho
04-03-2007, 07:40 PM

That's why I think Gwinnett could be the next breeding ground for high horse power cars.

People with money + abundance of tuner shops = the next Austin Texas

I make a living by selling crack for the CIA.

hydroshutter
04-03-2007, 11:11 PM
That's why I think Gwinnett could be the next breeding ground for high horse power cars.

People with money + abundance of tuner shops = the next HOUSTON Texas

I make a living by selling crack for the CIA.

Fixed it for you :)

EVERYTHING is fast in TX, EVERY-DAMN-THING! My car and several other cars came from Texas :cheers:

(Austin is pretty wealthy though)

R3RUN
04-03-2007, 11:20 PM
My dad bought my car. I do everything I can to treat it right and keep it running and in good condition. Why would I do this? I don't get another car from him. If I need another car because I wrecked this one, I better have the money to do it. Anyway there was this chick I went to high school with (I swear she did coke, but she was fat so it didnt make sense) her parents bought her a brand new civic when she turned 16. Nothing really major right? When she graduated she got a brand fucking new Range Rover. Nothing was wrong with the civic. Her parents just gave that shit to her. WTF!? Why does your cokehead daughter need a fucking 70k doallar car. A civic I can understand, a Rover is absurd. Thats the kind of car buying for kids I cant stand.

VooDooXII
04-03-2007, 11:29 PM
My friend got a new Civic for her birthday. She wanted an Eclipse...but she isn't going to complain about getting a free car.

MachNU
04-03-2007, 11:42 PM
+ for the creature of this thread!!!! :goodjob: the only ones on this site that are straight up arrogant and spoiled, are the kids with vette and the 06 mustang gt!!!! :goodjob:

CSquared
04-04-2007, 12:05 AM
One thing i have noticed is that there are a shit load more kids driving around in mommy and daddy's money here in GA then there were in NY. I stopped going to some of the local gwinnett meets because especially around here it seems like all you see are kids driving around in these expensive ass modded cars, complaining that they don't have enough of their own money to keep gas in the tank.

I've worked for everything I own. Hell, it took me over 2 years to install the first aftermarket part on my current car, and I do all the installs and repairs in my garage. Now that I'm making decent money I'm going off the deep end, but that's besides the point. Props to all of those who put their blood, sweat, and tears into their cars.

Psycho
04-04-2007, 12:36 AM
Honestly though, that's just the way life is:
Some one is always going to have something better than you
Some one will always get things with less work than you
And David Spade just won't fuckin' die

But if you just sit around and bitch about things like this (especially David Spade) you'll never reach your own goals. You'll just look like a jealouse douche.

Psycho
04-04-2007, 12:40 AM
Fixed it for you :)

:cry: awww you made me look dumb

antiv6
04-04-2007, 07:48 AM
Honestly though, that's just the way life is:
Some one is always going to have something better than you
Some one will always get things with less work than you
And David Spade just won't fuckin' die

But if you just sit around and bitch about things like this (especially David Spade) you'll never reach your own goals. You'll just look like a jealouse douche.
haha

LeX
04-04-2007, 10:49 AM
I am slightly jealous of people like that... but just gives you more to strive for. I paid for my car... my parents did buy me a car when I was younger. 98 Camry. I didnt like it. told them to sell it then I bought my own car. Plan on owning something nice sometime soon. Financed though of course

AgentEasy
04-04-2007, 10:51 AM
shit man got a job when i was damn 15.. to buy my first car.. note is was a piece.. but it was my car.. and i bought it.. always have, pay for eveything on my own.. never asked for shit..

Crazy Asian
04-04-2007, 10:52 AM
Parents bought my car as a grad present. Though all other mods Ive done and everything I do is coming out of my pocket. I hate relyin on your parents.

ATK_Designs
04-04-2007, 10:54 AM
I wouldn't really careless anyhow...as long as they know that they're blessed.

But I just hate it when they acted conceited as if they paid for it themselves....

Well, they'll learn eventually :)

VooDooXII
04-04-2007, 10:58 AM
Here's a story that makes me hate rich kids.

There was this kid I knew in twelfth grade...lived in Sugarloaf, drove a Harley Davidson F-150, and pretty much acted like he was so much better than everyone. His 18th birthday comes around...I hear him talking to his friend.

"Dude! What the fuck? I woke up this morning expecting Hummer keys! My parents gave me this fucking Fujitsu laptop or something...I was like, 'I don't want this!' Where's my Hummer?"

Remember...this kid already drives a $45,000 truck. Why does one need another $45,000 truck? I asked him about it...he goes, "I don't like the low-profile wheels."

antiv6
04-04-2007, 11:11 AM
Here's a story that makes me hate rich kids.

There was this kid I knew in twelfth grade...lived in Sugarloaf, drove a Harley Davidson F-150, and pretty much acted like he was so much better than everyone. His 18th birthday comes around...I hear him talking to his friend.

"Dude! What the fuck? I woke up this morning expecting Hummer keys! My parents gave me this fucking Fujitsu laptop or something...I was like, 'I don't want this!' Where's my Hummer?"

Remember...this kid already drives a $45,000 truck. Why does one need another $45,000 truck? I asked him about it...he goes, "I don't like the low-profile wheels."
did this kid end up with a lifted silverado by any chance?

JennB
04-04-2007, 11:13 AM
My response as a parent would have been "Happy 18th birthday... you're now on your own and I'm not giving you a damn thing... ever. Have fun!"

Of course I would never raise a bastard like that but still. What a bitch.

imbosile
04-04-2007, 11:15 AM
My response as a parent would have been "Happy 18th birthday... you're now on your own and I'm not giving you a damn thing... ever. Have fun!"

Of course I would never raise a bastard like that but still. What a bitch.

Hahahaa, one side of me feels the same way, but I also think I would get enjoyment out of seeing my kids really happy. I'm sure I would help them out, maybe meet them halfway on the whole car thing.

ThatS13guy
04-04-2007, 11:15 AM
i would rather earn my lifestyle then live up to sterotypes...:2cents: i agree

VooDooXII
04-04-2007, 11:21 AM
did this kid end up with a lifted silverado by any chance?

I think he did...his name is a Texas city.

I'm sure I would help them out, maybe meet them halfway on the whole car thing.

My parents are helping me out...but I need to earn their help with my grades. They'll sell the car with the quickness if my grades slip.

ruffriderGA
04-04-2007, 11:31 AM
my dad bought my first one 1995 f-150 for $800 at an auction and i traded up to what i have now one year later (98 accord)

VooDooXII
04-04-2007, 11:37 AM
My dad was going to give me his first car...a 1987 BMW 325 sedan.

I drove that when I had my permit. My dad ended up selling it just a few months before I got my license though. There were too many little problems with the car. I really miss that thing though...

R3RUN
04-04-2007, 12:27 PM
My first car was a 2000 Wrangler that my dad gave me to drive because Sony Ericsson told him he had to drive something nicer to work. He bought a new car and left me with the jeep. When it was time for my brother to start driving my dad told me I could get a different car if I had a job. I got a job and got a car.

That kid voodoo was talking about sounds like a little bitch to me. I met some people like that at a school I went to before transferring to norcross. This one bitch was pissed because her parents took her brand new 5 series away for the weekend. They took it away because she was failing 3 classes. I think that would be perfectly justified.

Psycho
04-04-2007, 12:48 PM
People that are given things all their life become weak and helpless. When a situation goes bad, they freak out and dont know how to handle things on their own. Once people like that get out into the real world, they'll have it twice as hard as any of you.

05Tib
04-04-2007, 12:54 PM
my first car was a hand-me-down 97 5 speed Hyundai Tiburon. As soon as i graduated the car payment and insurance became mine. I worked my ass off to pay off the loan and as soon as i did... Total loss when i got T-boned. Used the money to buy a Jeep Cherokee outright for a crazy cheap price and turned around and traded it in for an 05 Hyundai Tiburon that i paid/insured myself and now i traded it for a jeep all in my name. If u dont work for your shit, you cant brag about it in my eyes

Fred Sanford
04-04-2007, 01:00 PM
It's funny to see all you jealous bitches. Why do you give a fuck if someone else's parents gave them a car? Last I saw, one great thing about America was that you can spend your money however you want. If a parent wants to buy their kid a car, that's their prerogative. You should all worry more about being able to afford something better than the banging '98 Civic that the majority here drive than what someone else's parents bought them.
My dad bought me my first car @ age 19...for $1500. After that every car I've ever owned has been bought by myself. That in mind, I could give a fuck or 3 about what somebody else drives...parent bought or not.

antiv6
04-04-2007, 01:01 PM
i know who you are talking about, never knew the guy but he was one of the cockiest people ive ever heard. He is kind of an a$$hole to everyone, dont know why, he wanted to fight one of my friends and brought about 7 other people with him to do it:screwy: dont think it was even necessary all he did was stand there and yell at him for like 20 mins talking about how great his shit is and how rich he is. Now everytime my friend sees him alone the dude hides in his lifted truck which is really funny b/c hes about 5' tall

VooDooXII
04-04-2007, 01:08 PM
Haha...that's the guy.

speedracer41
04-04-2007, 07:44 PM
BTW - if these kids are driving these nice ass cars and think they deserve them, then that is fine, let their parents pay their outrageous insurance rates and they take care of them until they are 30!

osnap
04-04-2007, 08:49 PM
yup, im 18... started working at 15, bought my own first car at 16. i pay gas, insurance, my cell phone, etc etc. everything short of the roof over my head and (which ill be paying for next year anyways... haha). i work hard, and theres nothing so fulfilling as paying for my own shit. im about to buy an RSX, and im pretty excited about the fact that ill be driving a nice car that I bought. Sure, its no Vette or 350z, but for me, its very rewarding.

TheSnail
04-04-2007, 10:02 PM
My parents give me an allowance of sorts. Its called “box money”. Basically its $500 a month that they put in a wooden box for me. So technically I could have a pretty nice car for that much but I spend it on alcohol and die ever so slowly everyday. After reading whoever said “ buy their kid a z06 so they die and collect the insurance money” now Im starting to think my parents are plotting on me since they know the fuller the box is, the more I die.

VooDooXII
04-04-2007, 11:20 PM
Damn...I used to get $15 a month.

I never spend money.

Crazy Asian
04-04-2007, 11:35 PM
AHAHA SNAIL YOU SO FUCKED UP! AHAHAHAHAH

TheSnail
04-05-2007, 12:44 AM
AHAHA SNAIL YOU SO FUCKED UP! AHAHAHAHAH

In about five more beers I will be lol

Slow Motion
04-05-2007, 01:23 AM
I've been paying my own way since I was 13. You take better care of things when you buy them with money you had to truly earn.

The Ren
04-05-2007, 05:42 AM
all 3 cars of mine I bought myself.. and everything that is on the supra has been funded by saving up money from work..

Z0_o6
04-05-2007, 06:29 AM
i bought all my cars. The ONLY help I got on my RSX was my g-ma co-signed. I pay all my own bills, I work full time and go to night school full time. I just traded my rsx in yesterday on an '05 Silverado Z71 because it's more practical now that I'm moving out of town. I pay for it too.

Not that I wouldn't love it to be able to be lazy and arrogant because I got cars for free, but I make more money than my parents so I kinda have to bust ass to get what I want and I'll beat the dogshit out of anyone who tells me they deserve a free vehicle. I have actually bought my dad 2 cars so far.

You have to work hard for anything in this life, but when you stand back at 19 and have accomplished a lot it's the greatest feeling in the world.

98silver328i
04-05-2007, 07:15 AM

The kids name wasn't Houston by chance, was it? Cause who you're describing sounds exactly like this one kid I met. I think he went to Collins Hill or something, although I might be mistaken. Was his Silverado a black crew cab Z71 and had like 18 inch chrome wheels with 35's or a set up similar to that?

VooDooXII
04-05-2007, 09:33 AM
Yea...Josh (antiv6) and I were talking about that earlier.

We went to the same high school...Peachtree Ridge. I'm pretty sure he has that Silverado now.

98silver328i
04-05-2007, 09:45 AM
Yea...Josh (antiv6) and I were talking about that earlier.

We went to the same high school...Peachtree Ridge. I'm pretty sure he has that Silverado now.

Oh something like that. One of those Gwin. Co. schools. But his name was Houston?

VooDooXII
04-05-2007, 09:46 AM
Yea...that's him. How do you know him?

98silver328i
04-05-2007, 09:56 AM
Yea...that's him. How do you know him?

Long story, I'll ty to shorten it. My friend Chris' step sister knew his older brother and their step sister (who is pretty hot I might ad) somehow. Well, she threw a party at their house while Chris' dad and stepmom were out of town and invited Houston's older brother and he in turn invited douchebag Houston. I remember when we pulled up I to Chris' house Houston's truck was out front (I didn't know it was his though). I was talking to Chris about how nice his truck looked. We go inside yada yada, skip ahead about 30 min. At the time I had a '93 F-150 on 39 inch Iroks that was my pride and joy. It wasn't a Benz S-class or anything, and it did have some dents and dings, but regardless, it was my pride and joy. The next thing I know, Houston is in the corner jack jawing his fucking bitch mouth asking who has the huge piece of crap hick mobile out front. I started getting pissed and wanted to beat his ass. His brother goes "oh, he's just drunk," and Dana (Chris' step sister who was having the party) asked me to please not start a fight. So trying to not start a fist fight, I asked him why he was talking shit about my truck. He started saying oh if you want a real truck, get a Silverado like mine or a Harley F-150 like I used to have. Blah, blah, blah, he talked more shit. A few of my buddies that were there told him to STFU. Pretty much the end of story. He got his though. About a week later, he got jumped and beat to shit by some Collins Hill kids that he was talking shit to.

98silver328i
04-05-2007, 10:11 AM
Basically if you don't feel like reading all of my last post, Houston is a douchebag. I might add, that him and his ugly ass girlfriend both look fucked up. One day I'm gonna fuck his step sister and leave the used rubber on his pillow.

VooDooXII
04-05-2007, 10:12 AM
I like how he talks about how great his Harley F-150 was...but at the same time complains about how much he doesn't like it.

98silver328i
04-05-2007, 10:22 AM
I like how he talks about how great his Harley F-150 was...but at the same time complains about how much he doesn't like it.

Yeah, I'd also like to add that he's a pussy and can't hold his alcohol. He had 7, maybe 8 beers tops and puked all over the fuckin place.

VooDooXII
04-05-2007, 10:33 AM
Well...the kid's only like...what...5'5''?

He looks like a little gremlin.

98silver328i
04-05-2007, 12:56 PM
Well...the kid's only like...what...5'5''?

He looks like a little gremlin.

He was kind of short, but not that short. I thought he was more like 5' 7" or 5' 8"

Mad Mike
04-05-2007, 02:19 PM
When I was in high school I bought my first car (a 1984 civic hatchback) myself and payed for everything myself. One day I'm leaving school and this girl and her 4 freinds get into her new(still had dealer tag)5 speed BMW that her parents bought her. She starts it up and then it rolled backwards right into the side of my car. The car I bought. The best part is I get out, she gets out and she starts to yelling at me!

Needless to say her parents fixed my car and I got extra $$$ and moded it alittle.

This happened 2 times in 2 diffrent cars.:???:

I hate kids that get cars from there parents, they have no respect for it and just abuse it or crash it into someone that actually payed for there ride.