PDA

View Full Version : Koni Install Tips

GTScoob
04-02-2007, 10:04 PM
Do any of you guys have good tips for installing Konis onto a standard Macpherson strut? I've heard a couple of different methods for drilling the drain hole at the bottom but would like to hear what crazy methods IA has.

mikesEK
04-03-2007, 03:10 AM
dunno but good Q

speedminded
04-03-2007, 09:34 AM
Do any of you guys have good tips for installing Konis onto a standard Macpherson strut? I've heard a couple of different methods for drilling the drain hole at the bottom but would like to hear what crazy methods IA has.huh? what car...?

Big Baller
04-03-2007, 09:39 AM
Subaru Wagon, you actuall have to use the stock housings and modify them so that the konis fit inside.

Matt

speedminded
04-03-2007, 10:03 AM
Subaru Wagon, you actuall have to use the stock housings and modify them so that the konis fit inside.

MattYou can get Koni strut inserts for the scooby for not much more. Checking NASIOC but haven't seen any DIY's on the other way...

GTScoob
04-03-2007, 10:10 AM
Yes, for my 02 wagon. I've read a couple writeups but it seems like everybody has their own little tips for it. One guy even wrote about using the plastic cylinder from the top of a 50pack of CD-Rs as a blast shield for all of the hydraulic fluid that will come out of the bottom of the strut. Mainly looking for some tips on centering the drill hole on the bottom; I've heard to use plastic sheeting as a marker.

I know the install is pretty similar on most cars with the only thing differing being the measurements for cutting the strut. Dont know how many IAers are willing to hack up their stock stuff, or spend the money on Konis, but I figured I'd throw the question out there.