PDA

View Full Version : ..IA in Paris..

HEATON
06-27-2005, 08:47 AM
Well I just got back from Paris last nite after a 2 day trip there. I got TONs of pics. They'll be up later on Photobucket. Here's one from the hotel room: Hilton, it was the closet hotel to the tower, the only thing closer was some private apartments. My room was 250 Euro for one nite but Dayum what a view!!! I got a video of the tower flashing at nite if someone wants to host it. I went to the Eiffel Tower, Musse de Louvre, Arc de Triumph, and Notre Dame (Mass was WOW). And added another bottle to the wine collection; 'Sauternes'..it was only 50 Euro, but the only other bottle that was more was 225 Euro..lol

(SORRY FOR HOW HUGE OF A PIC. They wont be as big on Photobucket.)

mocha latte cupcake
06-27-2005, 09:59 AM
HA HA HA HA someone is rocking my I A symbol lol awesome! great picture dude, thats expensive as fock for the room but looks like its well worth it!

Kevykev
06-27-2005, 10:09 AM
tight!

ironchef
06-27-2005, 11:50 AM
For that location in paris 250 isnt that expensive i gotta say. Paris is alot of fun i gotta say. Did you see the line for people wanting to go to the top of the Notre Dame? It was like 3 miles long when i was there lol.

Nittanys1
06-27-2005, 12:03 PM
nice, let us know when you got the others up. how much were tickets to fly there?

4dmin
06-27-2005, 12:15 PM
PICTURES FROM GreenJCivi PHOTOALBUM http://forums.importatlanta.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

4dmin
06-27-2005, 12:17 PM
\/

Brandon C
06-27-2005, 01:11 PM
Thats Funny..

JustinSane110™
06-27-2005, 01:48 PM
PICTURES FROM GreenJCivi PHOTOALBUM http://forums.importatlanta.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
Were you bored or just got really into it?? :lmfao:

Thats funny shit.

4dmin
06-27-2005, 02:09 PM
couldn't help alittle PS action... besides i figure it would spice the thread up a bit... you guys try it out its fun :D

HEATON
06-27-2005, 03:05 PM
LOL! Yea your right it wasnt really that much for the Hotel for where we were staying, im still kidna curious how much it cost to LIVE right next to the Tower, but i thinki got an idea of the cars that drove by. Nope no line to walk on top, but then again i was there on Sunday, just in time for "Venders" of the weekly concert/mass they have. Im not Catholic but holy shit, kinda wished i was so id understodd what was going on bc it was VERY impressing. Um how much did it cost to fly?..lol NONE! i live 4 hours away and finally got the chance off work to go so it was like 1 1/4 tank of gas (almost 100$) and close to 60$ for tollways. Sorry for stealin the IA Symbol but i hadd!..lol NICE PS!! hopefully one day i really will be in a couple of those places. For those that habe veen picture walk from the tower to the arc then the next day walkin to Louvre, then notre dame then back to the tower..lol ALOT OF F'in WALKIN!!! but deff the best way to get around Paris, bc you see so much on the way. I saw the US Embassy, it was the only guarded building in Paris besdies the National Assembly by the Paris "Police". I tried to take a pic of it, bc its so beautiful, but the guards wouldnt let me. i was like this is US embassy, im American, and i cant take a pic? I even pulled out the CAC (mil ID)..lol Guess those only work at Bars in the States when ur underage..lol

Fuck Typos, im still tired..

ironchef
06-27-2005, 03:36 PM
Their metro system owns all i gotta say, except londons. Thats a good way to get around as well. Theres a metro exit thats right infront of the louvre pretty much its sweet!

Leisa
06-27-2005, 04:28 PM
how much is 250 euro in american dollars?

Nittanys1
06-27-2005, 04:29 PM
a little over $500

HEATON
06-27-2005, 04:44 PM
^ Negative GhostRider...Actually WAY OFF! Funny thing bout Euros is it changes everyday. Its based on the Market so how ever trade is doin, Euro does..lol The best website ive seen is XE.com to check up the exchange rate. Today it would be 304$, when i was there it could been +/- 10$. Theres something called a VAT form that woulda took off like 20% but me bein a dumass i forgot mine. Basically Europe adds there tax to the price already, here (Germany) its like 16% in Paris is 19.8%. If you travel around and expect to spend $$$ look into it!!! Im not sure if Civilians can use them or not, but i dont see why not, just have to find a place to get them. Luckily we have a VAT office on base.

HEATON
06-27-2005, 04:45 PM
IronChef..You say Alot!! lol.

ironchef
06-27-2005, 05:08 PM
:confused: huh?

HEATON
06-27-2005, 05:13 PM
Read your post.. "all i gott say" x3

B16a2 Civic
06-27-2005, 05:15 PM
Paul is so funnay funNNAY

Dragonfly5338
06-27-2005, 05:18 PM
LOL! Yea your right it wasnt really that much for the Hotel for where we were staying, im still kidna curious how much it cost to LIVE right next to the Tower, but i thinki got an idea of the cars that drove by. Nope no line to walk on top, but then again i was there on Sunday, just in time for "Venders" of the weekly concert/mass they have. Im not Catholic but holy shit, kinda wished i was so id understodd what was going on bc it was VERY impressing. Um how much did it cost to fly?..lol NONE! i live 4 hours away and finally got the chance off work to go so it was like 1 1/4 tank of gas (almost 100$) and close to 60$ for tollways. Sorry for stealin the IA Symbol but i hadd!..lol NICE PS!! hopefully one day i really will be in a couple of those places. For those that habe veen picture walk from the tower to the arc then the next day walkin to Louvre, then notre dame then back to the tower..lol ALOT OF F'in WALKIN!!! but deff the best way to get around Paris, bc you see so much on the way. I saw the US Embassy, it was the only guarded building in Paris besdies the National Assembly by the Paris "Police". I tried to take a pic of it, bc its so beautiful, but the guards wouldnt let me. i was like this is US embassy, im American, and i cant take a pic? I even pulled out the CAC (mil ID)..lol Guess those only work at Bars in the States when ur underage..lol

Fuck Typos, im still tired..

Aww, that's awesome. I went to school in Paris for a semester. It's my favorite place in the world. Our dorms were stuck down in the 13th arrondisment, tho - kinda ghetto. But it was close to the Quartier Latin - did you make it down there? Near Monparnasse, cool bars, shops, etc.

I want to go back soon, but it's expensive like you said. When I was there three years ago a beer was 9€ - and the dollar was close to the Euro. Now I can't imagine. Only place I've been that was more expensive was London. The pound is about double the dollar now, isn't it? Everything there was hella crazy expensive. I can't imagine how people live there, although I'd like to. :)

HEATON
06-27-2005, 05:25 PM
Naw i jus kinda stayed close to the Historical areas, no bars..No extra money. The only liquor i bought was the wine. The pound..yea..it blows! BUT we have a British Exchange hereon base where its dirt cheap. A carton of Fags (Cigs) for like 18$. Weird thing i notice is they still except Franks (SP?) im DEFF goin back sometime, prbly next summer. The city is Soo beautiful. When i was at the top of the tower i was like, Tom and Katie were jus here a week ago..lol Weird thing i noticed was quiet a few of US t-shirts bein worn by the French.

djdetox
07-12-2005, 12:26 PM
good stuff, lol :)