PDA

View Full Version : 90 Accord "S" light on dash for Auto Trans Sport mode flashing!

pitbull325
04-02-2007, 01:42 PM
Hey, have a 90 Accord Auto and the "S" light for "Sport" trans mode keeps flashing regardless of wether I push the button or not. Feels like it has no takeoff, like it's taking off in second or third gear. Anyone have this problem, or know how to fix it? If I start off in Low gear and shift it manually it's fine. Please help!

forrest
04-02-2007, 04:43 PM
There's a code stored in the trans computer. You need to check the codes by installing a jumper wire in the service conector thats in the right kick panel. Its a blue conector with two wires. Put the pumper wire in then turn the switch on and count the flashes and thats the code. I don't have the code list here but I can get one.

pitbull325
04-04-2007, 06:19 PM
That would be awesome if you could get the codes. Now, am I looking at the check engine light for the flashes, or is there an LED down there? I really appreciate your help!

forrest
04-05-2007, 06:18 AM
You count the flashes of the "S" light or the led on the trans conputer. I think it is the one on the right.