PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know XML and Flash?

sirkus
04-02-2007, 12:48 AM
I have a quick question about something stupid...
I have a flash music player. Well, whenever I want to add music to my list. I have to upload music to my server and then modify the playlist.xml file. I have a basic understanding of it.. I know that the flash file gets the information that it needs from the .xml file. It plays the music fine whenever it finally shows up in the list, but I was wondering why it would take around 30-40 mins for the changes to take effect.
I'll rep anyone that can help.. or atleast explain it to me. :blah:

RandomGuy
04-02-2007, 12:50 AM
just do <!entity> lem0nparty.org </entity>

sirkus
04-02-2007, 12:54 AM
just do <!entity> lem0nparty.org </entity>
:no:

Here's the link to the actual player..
http://www.x2sirkus.com/

RandomGuy
04-02-2007, 01:05 AM
I have a quick question about something stupid...
I have a flash music player. Well, whenever I want to add music to my list. I have to upload music to my server and then modify the playlist.xml file. I have a basic understanding of it.. I know that the flash file gets the information that it needs from the .xml file. It plays the music fine whenever it finally shows up in the list, but I was wondering why it would take around 30-40 mins for the changes to take effect.
I'll rep anyone that can help.. or atleast explain it to me. :blah:jokes aside it shouldn't be taking 30-40 minutes... are you sure its not client side?

try making a change then clearing your cache and refreshing... it should be instant...

sirkus
04-02-2007, 01:09 AM
jokes aside it shouldn't be taking 30-40 minutes... are you sure its not client side?

try making a change then clearing your cache and refreshing... it should be instant...
I've tried that several times. When you click on the link, whats the first song? 9 crimes? I can go in there, delete the .swf file and re-upload it and it's the same. I don't understand how it can be doing this. I can see the songs on my server.. I can listen to them, it just takes the damn .swf file so long to get the info from the .xml file.

RandomGuy
04-02-2007, 01:11 AM
I've tried that several times. When you click on the link, whats the first song? 9 crimes?im about to go to sleep i'll click it tomorrow

but click this link: www.thepounder.com/bag.html its similar to what you're talking about but its explained well

sirkus
04-02-2007, 01:12 AM
im about to go to sleep i'll click it tomorrow

but click this link: www.thepounder.com/bag.html its similar to what you're talking about but its explained well
:no: ok i fixed it