PDA

View Full Version : look for a good place to find mark3 turbo

wildfire0310
04-02-2007, 12:26 AM
I just picked up a mark3 supra off a board member.

The turbo wines out and when you start the car it blows out a cloud of smoke. It is also off balance so the turbo seal is shot.

I am looking for a place to replace the stock turbo or small upgrade. Looking for something not to break the bank, cause my roommate doesn't have alot of cash, and we need to fix alot of other little things with the car.

Thanks

bkou
04-27-2007, 03:11 PM
i have a mk3 and i know how rear parts are for it.

Sport1.3
04-27-2007, 04:58 PM
Why not do it yourself? its pretty easy to swap turbo's and if you dont think you can, you could still even take the unbolted turbo to a Diesel shop and have them rebuild it for almost nothing. hell everyone else comes to get work done at our house and you live right near me....you could stop by and we could have a look. (2 ASE cert techs toyota and Lexus respectively) and a couple grassroots types like myself....a turbo replacement is nothing. i think our roomate (batdude8) payed 60-70 for his 19c to be rebuilt on his starion, and he himself has rebuilt several of his running 16 g's.....lemme know...id love to take a look at a nice MKIII anyway...ive been looking into gettin one myself

-Danny

boosted1jz
04-29-2007, 09:56 AM
i thiink he means he is trying to find somewhere thta will sell him a turbo for a cheaper price......

your best bet would be EBAY.... or maybe try supraforums....

so theres new mk iii guys on the board hmmm

7Mpower89
05-03-2007, 01:43 PM
I'll help you replace the turbo if you bring a six pack and provide pizza.

Best place to find a used CT-26 is Supraforums.com or supramania.com.

You can also try Ebay.

You can have the turbo rebuilt for about $400-$600.