PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods honda injectors

importslife
04-01-2007, 05:18 PM
ok i have a 91 crx si and i am runninga D15B non v-tec. i am running the si intake man with a zc t/b also the zc 4-2-1 header with a mugen chipped ecu for a DOHC on a SOHC it works.

OK. what i need to know is can i run B18a1 injectors? what are the pros and cons?

scttydb411
04-01-2007, 09:06 PM
most honda injectors are 240cc with a few exceptions. d16y7 non-vtec are thought to be 180cc and quite possibly what comes in the d15 non-vtec as well. h22 had a few different size injectors depending on market and year, but you're not asking for that. the other difference is obd0 chassis ecu usually have/need a resistorbox since they are low impedance/peak and hold inj while obd1 are high impedance saturated.

it depends on if you're using a socketed/chipped obd0 or obd1 ecu and what size the map on the ecu is scaled for.

GSRtegŪ
04-01-2007, 11:36 PM
Hes right man.

most honda injectors are 240cc with a few exceptions. d16y7 non-vtec are thought to be 180cc and quite possibly what comes in the d15 non-vtec as well. h22 had a few different size injectors depending on market and year, but you're not asking for that. the other difference is obd0 chassis ecu usually have/need a resistorbox since they are low impedance/peak and hold inj while obd1 are high impedance saturated.

it depends on if you're using a socketed/chipped obd0 or obd1 ecu and what size the map on the ecu is scaled for.

GSRtegŪ
04-01-2007, 11:38 PM
Also i got a friend that has an 88 crx non vtec and his running 91 Integra injectors with no problem at all.

importslife
04-02-2007, 05:28 PM

thanks for the feed back. all i know is it a pm6 (OBDO) with the mugen chip with better fuel map and timming curve with no rev cut off. like i said it is for a DOHC zc-D16A8/A9 i had the D16A8 (rover) motor loved it slung the hole crank racing a 350Z hitting about 9500 to 10000 rpm and boom. i will tell you one thing i have it on the D15B and i hit 8000 to 8500 rpm all the time and it takes it like a champ. i am running the D16a6 injectors right now. so there will be no diff if i change them out?

scttydb411
04-02-2007, 06:54 PM
more than likely not unless the d15 injectors turn out to be 180cc. if that's the case then you throw in b18 injectors that are 240cc then you're going to run richer and the car could be slower.

either way don't change them if it's running fine now.

importslife
04-02-2007, 08:51 PM
more than likely not unless the d15 injectors turn out to be 180cc. if that's the case then you throw in b18 injectors that are 240cc then you're going to run richer and the car could be slower.

either way don't change them if it's running fine now.

ok not to be an asshole but if you would have read what i had writen you would know i am running the (SI (D16A6)) injectors not the D15B injectors.

anyone else ????????

scttydb411
04-04-2007, 06:37 PM
ok not to be an asshole but if you would have read what i had writen you would know i am running the (SI (D16A6)) injectors not the D15B injectors.

anyone else ????????

i didn't see the last sentence there that said you were running the a6 injectors. so you're running the a6 injectors in the d15 motor.

however, in either case what i wrote would still apply even if they are the 240cc injectors because you would just be changing the injectors for another set of 240cc.

if the motor seems to be running fine on the one's you're running now don't change it. changing injectors will not gain anything unless you're running out of injector and then you'd have to rescale for a larger injector if you stepped up...that's the only reason i could see you wanting to change injectors.