PDA

View Full Version : cheap suspension/tire upgrade for 240sx?

Spektrewing386
04-01-2007, 03:51 PM
just got a s13 240sx as a daily driver and i also want to autocross it (you heard me right, not going all out drift lol).

The tires on it completley suck. Its the stock tire setup. For better tires do I have to first get larger wheels so I can properly have low profile stickies on it? or do they make good autocross tires that will go on the stock wheels and still keep the same overall diameter?

Also should I try to find some ultra cheap suspension setup?

yudalicious
04-01-2007, 05:00 PM
Nein on the ultra cheap suspension. If you want, you can throw some KYB AGXs on it, relatively cheap and will make the driving experience more fun, and best of all, won't place you in a class that's too competitive. Yes on the sticky tires for stock wheels. Kumho mx, falken rt615, hankook z212s are all good and affordable tires and come in a variety of sizes if you want to autocross.

SampaGuy
04-01-2007, 06:14 PM
if u want to autocross seriously than make sure u check the rulebook and decide what class ur going to run in before u buy any parts

bluuuurr
04-02-2007, 02:06 AM
springs and shocks are a waste of money on a 240sx imo

if you want a decent upgrade, check out megan racing coilovers.. expect to pay 600+ though

next thing i'd upgrade for autocross are sway bars.. if you can find a set of used hicas sway bars your good to go..