PDA

View Full Version : Do You Believe in Evolution?

Wurm
03-31-2007, 06:25 PM
Just want to see how IA vs America does in this poll

gtikid
03-31-2007, 06:26 PM
Yes

gtikid
03-31-2007, 06:27 PM
To a certain extent....

man
03-31-2007, 06:51 PM
To a certain extent....

+1

OneSlow5pt0
03-31-2007, 06:57 PM
i do

BKgen®
03-31-2007, 07:34 PM
To a certain extent....

x2

buffdaddy18
03-31-2007, 08:10 PM
To a certain extent....

x3

canadianrcis
03-31-2007, 09:23 PM
its kind of proven. so yeh.

TheGodfather
03-31-2007, 11:43 PM
nein.

not on the level monkeys came, then turned into humans. which is the common evolutionary belief.

but the word itself, not the teaching of creation of life, can apply in time. i believe many animals evolved to their surroundings in nature and life.

Hulud
03-31-2007, 11:57 PM
not on the level monkeys came, then turned into humans. which is the common evolutionary belief.
you make it seem like one day a monkey was preggo then next thing we know that monkey popped out a baby human

BuBBa DRiFT
04-01-2007, 12:04 AM
i believe in a creationistic evolution theory, where god wanted evolution to happen.

OneSlow5pt0
04-01-2007, 12:34 AM
but AIDs started with monkies

sebastianHoff
04-01-2007, 12:40 AM
pure science says anything is possible until proven otherwise...

years and years ago some old jewish fucks got together and wrote the old testament and they left out the shit that sounded too weird or was too similar to the pagan religions from where ever. irony is they cut the shit out that could pretty well explain evolution in favor of the more traditional creation story. Rabbinical lore states that adams first wife, lilith, was created from pieces of adams body, much like eve. only difference eve was created from a rib and dirt, lilith was created from a piece of every part of adams body. as the story goes lilith wanted to be on top when her and adam were gettin down, adam got pissed and bitched to God. i forget what happens to lilith, but God created eve and probably cooked liliths shit at the same time.
so why do you care? well lilith wasnt entirely human, she was created from parts of adam as well as other fuck lyin around the garden.

here endeth the lesson.

VooDooXII
04-01-2007, 02:46 AM
I believe in it. It seems much more plausible.

_Christian_
04-01-2007, 05:29 AM
yes, because i dont believe in fairy tales:D

Crazy Asian
04-01-2007, 05:33 AM
Uh...no. I dont like picking my asss or shitting in it and then eating it.

Ed
04-01-2007, 09:26 AM
yes, evo's rock.

Evil Goat
04-01-2007, 09:25 PM
nein.

but the word itself, not the teaching of creation of life, can apply in time. i believe many animals evolved to their surroundings in nature and life.

my thoughts exactly

C22H19N3O4
04-01-2007, 10:24 PM
nein.

not on the level monkeys came, then turned into humans. which is the common evolutionary belief

:lmfao: :lmfao:

Thanks for the chuckle.

Julio
04-01-2007, 10:28 PM
do baptist folks have a bible? And is there paper soft ?

Because the damn christian bibble paper is to rough when Im whipping my ass..

RandomGuy
04-01-2007, 11:15 PM
nein.

lol wtf? You kinda miss the whole point ... its not the monkeys its waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before like the little single celled shits that eventually evolved into those monkeys millions of posts and positive reps later.

maybe adam and eve were metaphors to the first single cellular organisms? lolol? Well weren't those asexual... lolol maybe adam and eve were the result of when the first one split.... hrmmmm nah well that'd make them brother/sister...

hrmmmmm lol the two theories are sooo apart you cant really web them together its clear cut yes/no .

I want to side on the part of religion, but theres MADDDDD evidence pretty much proving otherwise, so with that said i'll click undecided LOLOL HAHAH.

Maybe Adam/Eve was the advent of the first HOMO HOMO sapiens?, perhaps evolution was facilitated madd earlier for them by a higher being -->monkey like human and baam + divine intervention = first modern humans? adam/eve, but that'd leave a gap in the evolutionary timeline so ... damn who knows? But if that were the case, evolution would've done that anyways ... so i guess it goes down to the creation of existence, who/what gave the first inanimate matter on earth (or any other planet for that matter) the spark of life? (for this there is no scientific explanation.) So i guess one can conclude that the spark was given by a higher entity (its a POSSIBILITY), but that still doesn't account for the scripture of most modern religions so....

hrm hrm hrm

lolol answer ->> undecided

Ran
04-02-2007, 02:23 PM
I'll check undecided for the time being. Both religion and scientific theory have too many loose ends to really make up a solid answer.

Actually, I really don't care either way so whatever.

sirkus
04-02-2007, 06:26 PM
We're the retarded offspring of five monkeys having butt sex with a fish-squirrel.

David88vert
04-02-2007, 07:19 PM
Evolution is mathematically improbable. The odds are much more likely that you will win every single lottery in the entire world for the rest of the millenium - if you only buy one ticket for each. I want to just see you win 2 in a row of the Big Game (I'm sure you would like that too...).

It's not that hard to disprove. Look at the threads in the Lifestyle section (where this should be). Anyone care to have a rational scientific debate on the genetic code? No one could step up with scientific facts last time.

C22H19N3O4
04-02-2007, 08:29 PM
Evolution is mathematically improbable. The odds are much more likely that you will win every single lottery in the entire world for the rest of the millenium - if you only buy one ticket for each. I want to just see you win 2 in a row of the Big Game (I'm sure you would like that too...).

It's not that hard to disprove. Look at the threads in the Lifestyle section (where this should be). Anyone care to have a rational scientific debate on the genetic code?

I put more stock in Crick's Panspermia theory. :lmfao:

No one could step up with scientific facts last time.
Did you? Remember to list your sources so I can critique them. You make it sound like this is some novel idea. :rolleyes:

devinwebb907
04-02-2007, 10:11 PM
im sure we have evolved many different ways, but as far as i believe we were brought about as humans and not monkeys or whatever the hell. religion > dumbasses believing in "retarded fish frogs" -south park

_Christian_
04-03-2007, 02:11 AM

It's not that hard to disprove. Look at the threads in the Lifestyle section (where this should be). Anyone care to have a rational scientific debate on the genetic code? No one could step up with scientific facts last time.
now where did you get those numbers? so it is more mathematically probable that a higher being created humans? nope, because it is a belief. there is no evidence of a god, therefore there is no probability.

Frög
04-03-2007, 03:30 AM
this is always a ghey subject to argue on... i dont feel like trying to prove my point to ppl that dont beleive what i beleive.. because it isnt going to change their beliefs..

R3RUN
04-03-2007, 02:17 PM
Yes. Evolution ftw. Want proof? Look at Jay Z, he never finished evolving.

David88vert
04-03-2007, 07:25 PM
now where did you get those numbers? so it is more mathematically probable that a higher being created humans? nope, because it is a belief. there is no evidence of a god, therefore there is no probability.

Did I mention God at all? No. I mentioned only mathematical probablity on evolution only. There is a difference between our physical dimension and a metaphysical dimension.

Faith and belief are what you are using if you chose to believe in evolution. It's really very simple. If you chose to believe in evolution, I have no problem with that, but understand you are taking it on faith alone, just like those that believe in God. I see people on here bash on people for believing with faith in a god based on a book (Bible, Torah, Quran, etc.), but they believe in evolution based solely on faith in a book written by man (Darwin) who didn't even know what DNA was.

C22H19N3O4, I gave a book to read. Did you pick it up? Can you read? Get some education on DNA strands, and then come back and try to put up an arguement that evolution can explain the development of DNA. Scientists and professors admit that they cannot explain it with evolution. You are smarter then them? I seriously doubt it.

RandomGuy
04-03-2007, 07:26 PM
I'll check undecided for the time being. Both religion and scientific theory have too many loose ends to really make up a solid answer.

Actually, I really don't care either way so whatever.the answer lies in Japan

Maniaç
04-03-2007, 07:27 PM
yes..../thread.

RandomGuy
04-03-2007, 07:31 PM
a book written by man (Darwin) who didn't even know what DNA was.

Maybe because DNA wasn't discovered yet haha.
Natural selection is pretty damn proven lolol

drupason
04-03-2007, 07:33 PM
yea i used to be a monkey

TeeJay
04-03-2007, 10:35 PM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/timbo1380/Evolution.jpg

R3RUN
04-03-2007, 11:07 PM
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best pic evar!

Frög
04-04-2007, 04:20 AM
Teejay +1 lol

C22H19N3O4
04-04-2007, 06:30 AM
C22H19N3O4, I gave a book to read. Did you pick it up? Can you read?
READ (http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showpost.php?p=35597995&postcount=34)

BTW, you may want to look into his "new" defintion of IC. I'm sure you already know that by heart. :rolleyes: I have no desire to purchase a book published 10 years ago and written by a Roman Catholic "scientist" that has been ridiculed just as long. I've read excerpts over the past 4 years and still believe it's garbage.

Get some education on DNA strands, and then come back and try to put up an arguement that evolution can explain the development of DNA. Scientists and professors admit that they cannot explain it with evolution. .

Is that truly all you have? You remind me of third grader that's just learned something new at school and is so eager to share. After a long disappointing day you crawl into bed with tears running down your face realizing that no one really gives a shit.

No one is arguing that DNA is not complex, but it is NOT intelligent, efficient, or elegant. You're hanging onto an evolutionary X, which science has no evidence for YET, and seem to think that you can debunk evolution. You've taken mathematically improbable and changed it to mathematically impossible. I'm sure you know the difference.
Link me to some experiments that ID'ers have performed. I'm eager to the read the data.

ID'ers have that goddidit syndrome. If you can't observe it then goddidit. Well, in your case it would be someone OR something did it. It could be a gummi bear or Adam Sandler. Oddly enough you don't take stock in randomness yet you accept the "fact" that some ID'er magically appeared to create this biosphere and the universe for it to survive.

You're an ID'er that's mildy retarded or uneducated. I'm going to say a bit of both. It's impossible to have a science related discussion with someone that has never taken basic bio/chem/micro/physics classes. Reading creationist websites does not mean you're educated in the sciences. You take bits and pieces of creationist/ID propoganda and think that you've stumbled upon something earth-shattering. Provide some ID'er info that hasn't been beaten to death. Again, if you want to flex your science muscle sign-up at http://www.scienceforums.net/forum/ (http://www.scienceforums.net/forum/) or http://www.ethicalatheist.com/forum/

As requested previously, provide the calculations to determine the probability that an ID'er planned our world. You are into mathematical models?

David88vert
04-04-2007, 06:33 AM
Maybe because DNA wasn't discovered yet haha.
Natural selection is pretty damn proven lolol

Bingo. You are correct. 1953

Natural selection is not proven - that's why they call it a theory. Otherwise, it would be a scientific law.

Like I said, people bash on others for believing what is written in a book, then base their beliefs on what is written in a different book. This is true from both sides. In the end, it just comes down to what you believe. My only suggestion is that you can defend and understand your own beliefs. Evolution says it should be proven by science, but it is mathematically improbable. Religion says you have to take it on faith, not science.

C22H19N3O4
04-04-2007, 06:43 AM
I'd like to apologize to all the creationist/ID'ers. It has come to my attention that there is scientific evidence to disprove evolution. Who knew that it would be so obvious? Please watch the hard-hitting video debunking evolution. You may also want to take note of the scientific processes involved with the experiment.

Let's disprove evolution! (http://blog.wired.com/tableofmalcontents/2007/03/peanut_butter_d.html)