PDA

View Full Version : Stupid ticket.

tylerdru
03-31-2007, 10:35 AM
Im sure some of you know where pleasant hill road is. I was driving down it from fryes this morning and got a ticket for Illegal lane change. I was in the left lane at the intersection with I85. the light was red. After the intersection the lane turned into a turn only lane, but i didnt want to get on 85 so I put my turn signal on and someone LET me over and a cop pulled me over because it was a solid white line. The whole god damned lane til the next light was solid. What the hell was I supposed to do? SOME cops are just dicks.

Sol-Badguy
03-31-2007, 10:37 AM
That sucks.

Don't come here to complain.

tylerdru
03-31-2007, 10:41 AM
how much does a ticket like this usually cost.

Sol-Badguy
03-31-2007, 10:42 AM
I don't know, I'm not dumb enough to get one.

Echonova
03-31-2007, 10:43 AM
You’re averaging less than one post a month.

Sol-Badguy
03-31-2007, 10:44 AM
..but maybe he knows Dru Hill :lmfao:

Wurm
03-31-2007, 10:44 AM
lol

Echonova
03-31-2007, 10:45 AM
..but maybe he knows Dru Hill :lmfao:

Sure as hell doesn't know Pleasant Hill........:lmfao:

Sol-Badguy
03-31-2007, 10:46 AM
DAYUMN!!!

+1

Echonova
03-31-2007, 10:53 AM
Anyway Tyler, we here at IA love and respect the men in blue. They are our only defense from anarchy. Nobody ever calls the police and says "you’re doing a great job!!!" They deal with the dregs of this earth day in and day out, cut the cop a break. You were the one breaking the law, he was doing his job. Should I call you a dick because there was too much salt on my French fries? No, you’re doing your best and I can accept that and move on without the drama.

RandomGuy
03-31-2007, 10:55 AM
Sure as hell doesn't know Pleasant Hill........:lmfao:

LOL OWNED

dude the ticket wont be so bad... gwinnett county court is mad easy i was there a few days ago

just go there with a defensive driving certificate for "points reduction" and show up and talk to the solicitor, be like dddewwd and then whip out your penis and take a shit thru the penis onto his table and then be like wtf man i plead nolo and by no lo i mean i fucked your wife. and then he will drop all charges.

Sol-Badguy
03-31-2007, 10:57 AM
Should I call you a dick because there was too much salt on my French fries?
:smileowne

OneSlow5pt0
03-31-2007, 11:03 AM
Anyway Tyler, we here at IA love and respect the men in blue. They are our only defense from anarchy. Nobody ever calls the police and says "you’re doing a great job!!!" They deal with the dregs of this earth day in and day out, cut the cop a break. You were the one breaking the law, he was doing his job. Should I call you a dick because there was too much salt on my French fries? No, you’re doing your best and I can accept that and move on without the drama.

:cheers:

Ruiner
03-31-2007, 11:05 AM
Im sure some of you know where pleasant hill road is. I was driving down it from fryes this morning and got a ticket for Illegal lane change. I was in the left lane at the intersection with I85. the light was red. After the intersection the lane turned into a turn only lane, but i didnt want to get on 85 so I put my turn signal on and someone LET me over and a cop pulled me over because it was a solid white line. The whole god damned lane til the next light was solid. What the hell was I supposed to do? SOME cops are just dicks.

Hang on: You BROKE the law, the cop did his job and gave you a ticket, and he was being a dick for doing so? :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Does anyone else see the irony here?

Sol-Badguy
03-31-2007, 11:06 AM
Let me just say this. No one goes into the force as a dick. No one in the force really is a dick until they deal with the public for so long. You can always catch a cop in a good mood at the beginning of his shift.

After 8+ hours of dealing with the buttholes of Atlanta, wouldn't you be in a pissy mood too?

GSRteg®
03-31-2007, 11:07 AM
Damn it happens:(

Ruiner
03-31-2007, 11:07 AM
Let me just say this. No one goes into the force as a dick. No one in the force really is a dick until they deal with the public for so long. You can always catch a cop in a good mood at the beginning of his shift.

After 8+ hours of dealing with the buttholes of Atlanta, wouldn't you be in a pissy mood too?

Here is the thing: he didn't even say that the cop was in a bad mood or anything. He just called him a dick for doing his job by giving him a ticket for breaking the law. :lmfao:

Sol-Badguy
03-31-2007, 11:08 AM
Point taken. :lmao: :lmao: +1

OneSlow5pt0
03-31-2007, 11:08 AM
yea,if u had to get cuse at and spit on all day of the scum of the world,or everyday u go to work u know some one out there wants to kill u..id be pissed too

tylerdru
03-31-2007, 11:09 AM
I was talking about THIS cop being a dick. He was an asshole. I know I deserved the ticket but he was acting like I killed someone. I work at QT so I know and talk to alot of cops and all of them are cool. This the first time that I have had a bad interaction with a cop.

Sol-Badguy
03-31-2007, 11:09 AM
color=red]Rep[/color] Party!

:bigdance:

Sol-Badguy
03-31-2007, 11:10 AM
..forgot to close the brackets.

REP PARTY

Echonova
03-31-2007, 11:11 AM
Here is the thing: he didn't even say that the cop was in a bad mood or anything. He just called him a dick for doing his job by giving him a ticket for breaking the law. :lmfao:

Yep

OneSlow5pt0
03-31-2007, 11:13 AM
Yep

both women are white...but the knuckles are white and black:thinking:

Sol-Badguy
03-31-2007, 11:16 AM
^Still pretty cool.

Echonova
03-31-2007, 11:24 AM
both women are white...but the knuckles are white and black:thinking:

Hell, I didn't make it, talk to the manufacturer.

OneSlow5pt0
03-31-2007, 11:38 AM
Hell, I didn't make it, talk to the manufacturer.
:lmfao:

BuBBa DRiFT
03-31-2007, 11:44 AM
i know illegal lane change is $250 in Henry County, so Im guessing it will be somewhere near that price range. That old lady was going like 15 in a 55 with no hazards on. The cop was posted reallllll dirty though, behind a tree, no lights, pitch black, followed me for a while without any lights on. Oh well

RandomGuy
03-31-2007, 11:52 AM
Just looked it up, its $640 in gwinnett for first offense of it and 900 for 2nd offense with 3 month suspension.

3rd time, mandatory 6 months suspension 1800 in fines, + community service

Sol-Badguy
03-31-2007, 11:52 AM
^:smileowne

bigpimpatl
03-31-2007, 12:05 PM
No way, the cop was definitely a dick...Honestly I can't see why you would get a ticket for something so non threatening as a "lane change". It was a simple accident, the OP probably got on the wrong lane by accident. If that was you, would you rather go on 1-85 to the next exit then U turn back? that makes no sense. That is a fucked up a rule IMO. How much is a fine for something like this? I can't imagine it being more than $50?

Sol-Badguy
03-31-2007, 12:09 PM
No way, the cop was definitely a dick...Honestly I can't see why you would get a ticket for something so non threatening as a "lane change". It was a simple accident, the OP probably got on the wrong lane by accident. If that was you, would you rather go on 1-85 to the next exit then U turn back? that makes no sense. That is a fucked up a rule IMO. How much is a fine for something like this? I can't imagine it being more than $50?
I should have expected an answer like that from that username. The cop was just doing his job. Don't like it? Don't break the law.

And for the rest of us, please just shut your fucking mouth. :D

lolol, The Panda. (Had to.)

Ed
03-31-2007, 12:26 PM
cobb county was 99 dollars for a ticket like that, but its a moving violation, so you get 3 points on your license.

i got one of those too last year, went to court, talked to the prosecutor, and he let me off with a non moving violation, but i still paid the 99 bucks...

good thing is i didnt get any points so...

i'd try to do that if i were you.

RandomGuy
03-31-2007, 12:31 PM
yeah cobb county is really really lenient about it... i wonder why gwinnett is so harsh, check rep

S II K
03-31-2007, 12:41 PM
well. its not really a stupid ticket, you just made a stupid decision, BUT i cant blame you because to me going all the way up to the sugarloaf exit and turning all the way back is just a waste of gas. and with the new construction they're building you'd have to be stuck in traffic.... and FYI gas is $6.99 a gallon, or it feels like it so i probably wouldve done the same thing you did

Ed
03-31-2007, 12:43 PM
yeah cobb county is really really lenient about it... i wonder why gwinnett is so harsh, check rep

yeah you're right bro... gwinnett is pretty crazy when it comes to tickets, i got one for tint once, it cost me a shitload of money, i wonder what this one could be...

thanks for the rep... got you back.

gtikid
03-31-2007, 12:46 PM
That is a stupid ticket and yes that cop is a dick.

There are times when people come on here bitching about doing 99mph and getting the ticket and calling the cop a dick, yea those people are fucking idiots. But your ticket was dumb as shit b/c I see people doing that shit EVERYDAY. And yes it makes absolutely no sense for you to go all the way up to Sugarloaf and turn back around.

Yes, we should thank the police for doing their job and maintaining order. But face it people, there are just some cops that are fucking dicks.

Sol-Badguy
03-31-2007, 12:59 PM
Cobb County is the worst.

bigpimpatl
03-31-2007, 01:05 PM
I should have expected an answer like that from that username. The cop was just doing his job. Don't like it? Don't break the law.

And for the rest of us, please just shut your fucking mouth. :D

lolol, The Panda. (Had to.)

What does my username have to do with anything you racist prick? Who do you think I am, and who are you to judge me? Get a life. LOL "don't break the law" and what are you some perfect, law abiding citizen? The OP truly made a simple mistake of being in the wrong lane! it was a simple mistake! I truly feel sorry for the OP, because he now has to pay the equivalent of a "road tax" if you will...LOL maybe this is too much for your little brain, but do you know what would happen if nobody broke the law? The fact of the matter is that the pigs make their living off of US. But it sounds like you have no problem sucking up to a cop's penis, do you?

Well, I guess we should all just be sheeps following the herd huh? I bet that is your out take on life. Always do as your told...

Sol-Badguy
03-31-2007, 01:10 PM
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! Looks like I get to have fun in a thread for a change.

Who said anything about race?
Who said I abide by the law?
Who said I don't have any tickets?
Who's judging?
I'm not ghey.

I've had my fair share of trouble. Speeding ticket, drag racing ticket, rolling through a stop sign. Sure, everyone's done something. But after realizing my mistakes, I do my best not to do a single thing wrong. Yes, that includes crossing over solid lines. Once you have enough trouble, or for some people it doesn't take any, you don't want to fuck up at all. I'd had to do the same thing for going a few miles to another exit and come back. Why? I don't want to get in fucking trouble. Sure, it may take a little longer, but who cares? I'm just enjoying the ride.

Don't ever jump to conclusions.

Ed
03-31-2007, 01:25 PM
oh snap. its gonna get ugly.

s13slider®
03-31-2007, 01:34 PM
end of the month quota time

_Christian_
03-31-2007, 01:38 PM
honestly, i think it is kind of a dumb ticket to give. i would be pissed if i got that ticket too, but i'd realize that its my own damn fault and the cop is not wrong for giving it to me. i also wouldn't go on a forum to complain about it.

Sol-Badguy
03-31-2007, 01:39 PM
honestly, i think it is kind of a dumb ticket to give. i would be pissed if i got that ticket too, but i'd realize that its my own damn fault and the cop is not wrong for giving it to me. i also wouldn't go on a forum to complain about it.
There you go. +1 if I can.

bigpimpatl
03-31-2007, 04:05 PM
you're the one who jumped to conclusions "I should have expected an answer like that from that username." what were you trying to imply there buddy? Wow for someone who's had a quite the run in with law to be so apathetic to a simple lane change...Why so quick to put someone down?

bigpimpatl
03-31-2007, 04:09 PM
The cop may not be wrong in giving that ticket, but cops aren't robots (or aren't supposed to be). They need to exercise good judgment: Was that lane change a serious offense where someone can get hurt? Or, maybe it was just a simple mistake? Heck, the OP mentioned that someone behind on the next lane let him go ahead, so where is the harm in that? That is why that cop is a dick, and why that's a bs ticket.

Sol-Badguy
03-31-2007, 04:16 PM
You make a good point about the judgement part. A really good point.

But I still avoid doing anything like that. I know it's just a revenue maker.

The HOV lane for example. Having solid double white lines, and making it an offense to cross over those. It's stupid, but it's there, so we should still watch out.

tylerdru
03-31-2007, 09:35 PM
I signaled and was let over. Everything was legal except there was a white line. It was more dangerous for the cop to change over three lanes of traffic. It was my second time driving on pleasant hill. The sign that said the lane ahead was right only was kinda far away. If I plead guilty in court is there a chance that the judge will lower the offense to no points? After I explain to him that I know I was in the wrong and was not familiar with the road?

bigpimpatl
03-31-2007, 10:36 PM
You make a good point about the judgement part. A really good point.

But I still avoid doing anything like that. I know it's just a revenue maker.

The HOV lane for example. Having solid double white lines, and making it an offense to cross over those. It's stupid, but it's there, so we should still watch out.

Yea dude I agree...I got a ticket not too long ago on 75, the cop just happened to catch me at the wrong time. I realized that I wouldn't speed anymore not because it's not safe (lol when i speed i do it safely =P) but the bullshit you have to go through afterwards, fines, community service, points, all this bs...It's not worth it. The money and time spent dealing with that stuff, i would have rather spent it towards a local charity, saved it to buy something, or helped someone out in need, not give it to these guys. We already pay taxes to fund them, why give them anymore?