PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Boostin' an 07 SI?!?!?

myyellowspec
03-30-2007, 08:16 PM
This is just for shits and giggles right now cause' i'm waiting for my warranty to be up. But i was wondering if you all thought it would be possible to get corvette numbers out of my little 2.0. I don't mean HP or torque(i'm not totally retarded). But mainly what i wanted was skid-pad (and i know pullin' a G n my car is pretty impossible but I have pretty deep pockets) and 1/4 mile times. I know turbo is my best bet along with an ass-load of other shit but some recomendations would be excellent, or if you just wanna trash talk about how i'm just some dumb kid thats fine too:blah: .

CHADbee
03-30-2007, 08:39 PM
to get corvette numbers u will need to build the bottom end. if u want to stay stock block i'm sure u could get 300whp(give or take 10-15whp) and hang with some vetes fuck a warrenty, u dont need one just do it now.

Big J
03-30-2007, 08:55 PM
warranties is for bitches

Julio
03-30-2007, 10:29 PM
If you have deep pockets.. warranty would not really be an issue...

I think.

twinj
03-30-2007, 10:41 PM
Dude don't fuck your warranty until it is over. Plus that car is so new i don't think you would want to do that now anyway. Just do small bolt on's.

myyellowspec
03-31-2007, 12:57 AM
All very tru. When i do a build i'mgoing to build the entire motor from the ground up i'm lookin' to get like 350whp or more if at all possible. But all of that shit is way in the future as for right now i'm just gonna build the brakes and suspension. Thanks for the input guys.

Benefit
03-31-2007, 01:16 AM
put a ls1 and do a rear wheel drive conversion , then BAM corvette numbers

myyellowspec
03-31-2007, 07:47 AM

LOL:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: . They have a hard enough time getting the K20 in there.

SLow_POke
03-31-2007, 10:00 AM
LOL:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: . They have a hard enough time getting the K20 in there.

hard:thinking:

Hundo®
03-31-2007, 10:16 AM

+1 and you'll weigh half as much!

sdiddy
04-01-2007, 01:20 AM
You'll need ~360 flywheel hp (305 whp) to have a similar power to weight ratio as a C6 vette (non-Z06). That can be done with supercharger or turbo. There are several RSX-S owners with the Jackson Racing SC w/ 9psi pulley + supporting mods and Kpro that are making that kind of power, and there are people with turbocharged RSX's making even more than that. I don't think Kpro is available for the new Si yet but it'll probably come soon. Jackson Racing does have a SC kit available for the 06+ Si, but not sure about turbo kits. If you decide to go the turbo route, THE turbo kit to get is from Full Race (http://www.full-race.com/). Doesn't look like they have a kit for the 06+ Si, but I'm sure they will come out with something eventually.

SPOOLIN
04-04-2007, 06:21 PM
actually you could make 400 on that motor as it sits, i guess thats over corvette numbers lol, the k series motors have raised the bar for oem parts supporting power. The only thing at this point that limits you is waiting for hondata or aem to release an engine management for that shitty ass drive by wire crap. Enjoy waiting, or blowing up on band-aids :)

Dark.GEAR
04-04-2007, 09:11 PM
visit here:

8thcivic.com

and here:

http://www.redshiftmotorsports.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=101

for $4300ish you can get around 375whp from this

http://ajperformance.com/

but you should wait, since there's no k-pro or anything else out for the FG2 yet
reflashs will only do so much...

WickedIXMR
04-05-2007, 05:54 PM
This is just for shits and giggles right now cause' i'm waiting for my warranty to be up. But i was wondering if you all thought it would be possible to get corvette numbers out of my little 2.0. I don't mean HP or torque(i'm not totally retarded). But mainly what i wanted was skid-pad (and i know pullin' a G n my car is pretty impossible but I have pretty deep pockets) and 1/4 mile times. I know turbo is my best bet along with an ass-load of other shit but some recomendations would be excellent, or if you just wanna trash talk about how i'm just some dumb kid thats fine too:blah: .
If you got deep pockets why are you driving a civic?

boostedb16
04-06-2007, 10:07 AM
good question.

Dark.GEAR
04-06-2007, 11:41 AM

what a brother can't be different?
not everyone who can afford a EVO/STI wants one...for one I don't like how EVO or STI looks, but hey thats just me...
maybe he likes the FWD:no:....lol
or maybe he likes the styling...
maybe he wanted a sleek sleeper...

who knows?!?!?

I'm sure that if a millionaire bought a EVO/STI/Supra/etc., you probably wouldn't be questioning his purchase. Even though he could have bought much nicer cars.
People like to be different...let them:goodjob:

Evil Goat
05-01-2007, 05:03 PM
if youre bragging about deep pockets and want corvette #'s........then why not start w/ a vette?

SleeperWRX
05-01-2007, 07:33 PM
I thought you wore selling your Si becuase you couldn't afford the payments on it.

swolejamaica
05-02-2007, 11:03 AM
Thats what i thought :thinking:

I thought you wore selling your Si becuase you couldn't afford the payments on it.