PDA

View Full Version : whats next? on my 02 mustang

silversol
03-30-2007, 10:40 AM
Well I just bought a black on black 02 mustang gt. its already has some mods but I am not sure what to do next? It already has 410 gears, dragon upper intake plentem, bbk cold air intake, diablo programer,bassani xpipe, no cats and has o2 simulators, and a flowmaster catback! what should I do next? I dont want to speed alot of money on it because I want to sell it and buy a lightening at the end of the summer.

hydroshutter
03-30-2007, 10:58 AM
Why invest more money when you're just going to sell it in less than 6months?

"B"
03-30-2007, 11:24 AM
^^^^^Exactly. If you were going to keep it, I would say headers and a set of drag radials. If you want to spend big money on it, FI is the way to go.

The #1 dumbest part to put on a mustang is a cold air intake, unless you never plan on supercharging it. I know, my dumb ass wasted $200 on a CAI and then bought a s/c.

silversol
03-30-2007, 02:09 PM
Why invest more money when you're just going to sell it in less than 6months?

well I do want to have some fun with it :yes: and I already bought it with the mods and the cai came with the car but yes a supercharger has crossed my mind.

Kyle
03-30-2007, 02:22 PM
I am in the same situation. My car has been for sale for a while but I still want to do stuff to it. So I am jsut going to buy some bolt ons that I will lose a little money when I sell them... That is if I dont get another volkswagen.

So my suggestion find some used parts that will retain there value on a mustang forum and just buy them.

hydroshutter
03-30-2007, 08:46 PM
well I do want to have some fun with it :yes: and I already bought it with the mods and the cai came with the car but yes a supercharger has crossed my mind.

I can appreciate that, however unless you plan on demodding it, you'll be wasting a substantial amount of cash :goodjob:

"B"
04-01-2007, 12:25 PM
Agreed. If you are going to sell it, just leave it be.

B00STedSvT
04-01-2007, 02:28 PM
Just Sell It now and Buy my truck...U can tow Ur Del Sol with it:D

LiveaxleLS1
04-01-2007, 11:22 PM
sell it and either get an 03 Cobra or a C5 vette (pref. C5).

then cam + heads the C5 or pulley + other bolt-ons the Cobra.

GT Mustangs are crap IMO

silversol
04-02-2007, 01:10 AM
Just Sell It now and Buy my truck...U can tow Ur Del Sol with it:D
the delsols long gone. and I would only settle of a 01 and up lightening. I am looking for a silver one

silversol
04-02-2007, 01:13 AM
sell it and either get an 03 Cobra or a C5 vette (pref. C5).

then cam + heads the C5 or pulley + other bolt-ons the Cobra.

GT Mustangs are crap IMO

a 03-04 cobra is at the top of my list but out of my price range. And a gm is out of the question my mother has a 2000 z28 and it has been nothing but problems. the mustang is so much nicer

Frög
04-02-2007, 01:13 AM
get a turbonator..

81911SC
04-02-2007, 01:46 AM
Boggers?

antiv6
04-02-2007, 10:24 AM
mgw shifter maybe?

"B"
04-03-2007, 01:41 PM
GT Mustangs are crap IMO

lmfao

on 3
04-05-2007, 04:43 PM
GET THE SPRAY AND A WINDOW SWITCH

onebadbird96
04-06-2007, 11:43 PM
SELL IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kngkahious
04-08-2007, 06:31 PM
sell the intake manifold and buy a 01 cobra intake they have longer intake runners and u can get better flow then what u have now.suspension d/r's good clutch port and polished heads cams tune and a 100-150 shot call it a day.easy 11's and still a good street car for around $5k u can make that much by raceing f-body's with stock rears at the track leave them at the starting stripe when the bust the rear and then laugh when u take there cash.

FAHHQUE700
04-08-2007, 08:41 PM
sell the intake manifold and buy a 01 cobra intake they have longer intake runners and u can get better flow then what u have now.suspension d/r's good clutch port and polished heads cams tune and a 100-150 shot call it a day.easy 11's and still a good street car for around $5k u can make that much by raceing f-body's with stock rears at the track leave them at the starting stripe when the bust the rear and then laugh when u take there cash.

How 'bout not.... for one any year cobra intake manifold will not fit his application. And why would you want a Lightning because it's a truck that gets worse gas milage, slower than a bolt on GT,you can't haul over 500lbs in the bed... Lightnings are turds... to even get them in the mid 13s it needs pulleys, tune, tires, exhaust...

The most basic most helpful mods you can do to a basic stock mustang would be LONG TUBE HEADERS! I have not seen less than a 25hp gain, and I've even seen a 33hp gain. Next would be a gear 4.10s or 4.30s you wanna run fast on the track, this is what it takes. Period. 3.73s are good for a blower car or if you want to 'pep' up your street performance.

You dont have to go get the best stuff... although remember you get what you pay for when it comes to quality... You pay for quality, not for HP...

long tubes installed @ 750-1000 (labor is expensive on 96+ mustangs for headers) remember you will also need a matching shortie Xpipe

gears installed @ 400-500 (may be more if the ABS rings, bearings, clips are not reusable)

nitrous kit installed 500-1000 (all depends on kit & other features/ window switch, wideband, pressure, etc.)

and dont forget the tune.... if you want to utilize all your modifications you need to take the car to a good tuner. 450-750 depending on software/hardware and dyno time.

1600 to 3250 big gap I know but it all depends on the little things.

Real world data.... a friend of mine has a 98 GT swapped for PI heads/intake, with comp stg 1 cams, no springs just left them stock. he used BBK long tube headers, VRS X pipe, and welded in flowmasters, he built his rear end and uses a 4.30 gear - car makes 305RWHP/330RWTQ on Sumitumo rear tires with full interior, system and a passenger(Commerce FastFridays) he ran a 13.70 @ 106 he pulled his rear seats out, system, added cheapo MAC performance upper and lower control arms and ran 26"x8" MT et streets and ran a 12.98@107 and he's really not that great of a driver... with better springs, and aftermarket struts and shocks the car should get a tad faster... and a better driver.

Long post of blah blah mess... but let me know if you need anything I have TONS of parts

SpankDog
04-09-2007, 12:08 AM
And why would you want a Lightning because it's a truck that gets worse gas milage, slower than a bolt on GT,you can't haul over 500lbs in the bed... Lightnings are turds... to even get them in the mid 13s it needs pulleys, tune, tires, exhaust...

Not sure where you get your information but you are incorrect. The lightning runs 13.8 in the 1/4 stock and can easily run 12's with just a few bolt ons. A bolt on gt is lucky to see a 13.8

MachNU
04-09-2007, 07:59 AM
Not sure where you get your information but you are incorrect. The lightning runs 13.8 in the 1/4 stock and can easily run 12's with just a few bolt ons. A bolt on gt is lucky to see a 13.8

dont now what your talking about but my gt ran 13.9 at 100mph even friday night, and i have just barely started the true modding of my car!

hydroshutter
04-09-2007, 08:58 AM
That's pretty impressive. Where did you run it at?

"B"
04-09-2007, 09:43 AM
dont now what your talking about but my gt ran 13.9 at 100mph even friday night, and i have just barely started the true modding of my car!

That's damn good, what mods you got?

kngkahious
04-09-2007, 03:25 PM
ok so i forgot he had a sohc car.but do everything else.dont put a 4.10/4.3 gear in your car.thats just stupid.like he said unless u want to go fast at the track chance is that u are running a 18"/20"o.d tire so a 4.3 is way to low and a 4.1 isnt any better maybe a 3.90 thats as low as i would go.other then that do suspension mods first you'll be happy u did this way when u get any other mods u willl get the full advantage from them .instead of spinning your tires and still going slow.a 3.73 is a good cross between the 2 but a 3.55 is the best for a true street car.

"B"
04-09-2007, 04:23 PM
I got 4.10s AND a s/c I have no problem with them at all.

khan351
04-09-2007, 07:48 PM
if you're looking for suspension, how about some upper/lower control arms. A shifter, maybe mgw or tri-ax

but if you are going to sell it that soon, save your money and keep it the way it is

MachNU
04-09-2007, 08:05 PM
That's pretty impressive. Where did you run it at?

commerce

MachNU
04-09-2007, 08:06 PM
That's damn good, what mods you got?

lets put it this way, i am running a REAL shitty tune, stock internals, stock gears, stock rear end, everything about the tranny stock!

FAHHQUE700
04-09-2007, 08:20 PM
13.87 @ 99 in my '04 GT with a MAC CAI, and magnaflow weld-ins and tuned car made 254/300 tq

1256hpsvt
04-09-2007, 09:17 PM
the suspension is were u should start first at least thats were i started.but i had to do a axle swap and do away with the irs.it cost to much to build to hold the power i wanted to make then i changed my mind and went with a bigger setup thank god i didnt waste that money,then again u dont have a piece of shit f-body.just buy a good rear suspension for about $1200.00 and then work your way forward.but thats just my .02

98silver328i
04-09-2007, 09:57 PM
I'd say go for some 18" chrome saleen style 5 spokes. They'll really improve the car's look. Plus, when you're ready to sell the car you can take them off and sell them separately.

on 3
04-12-2007, 12:12 PM
with basic bolt-on's and a 125 shot with MT's i ran 7.40's in the 1/8th
4.10's
MSD window switch
pulleys
cai
MT DR
upper and lower C-ARMS
full exhaust
shifter
ported heads
and a tune

jfman
04-14-2007, 06:38 AM
a 03-04 cobra is at the top of my list but out of my price range. And a gm is out of the question my mother has a 2000 z28 and it has been nothing but problems. the mustang is so much nicer

Stretching the truth maybe.... by two cylinders more precisely.:haha:

Dont put a penny in the mustang if your gonna sell it.

JRDman
04-20-2007, 10:08 AM
It just depends on what you want to spend and if you do it yourself or have someone else do it. Long tubes make a huge difference, DR's are great for the track and theres alot of people who like them on the street. If you wana hook more id look at some rear uppers and lowers. but for as power stuff id spray that s.o.b get a better intake manifold. and get a good tune.

theres also alot of other stuff that gets really good gains that some people do and others dont know about.

CJ

BlueHatch
04-20-2007, 08:49 PM
get ahold of that puppy first travis. and you dont want to spray a 2v with a stock bottom end. turbos and blowers are fine up to about 8.5 lbs because of the buildup of power, but the shock from juice is detrimental to that car. or i would have put a jug on before i sold it to him. and ill bet that car will run low 13's with that gear thats in it

MachNU
04-20-2007, 09:20 PM
get ahold of that puppy first travis. and you dont want to spray a 2v with a stock bottom end. turbos and blowers are fine up to about 8.5 lbs because of the buildup of power, but the shock from juice is detrimental to that car. or i would have put a jug on before i sold it to him. and ill bet that car will run low 13's with that gear thats in it

BULLSHIT.....that car MIGHT run 14.2-14.4 theres not enough work in that car by any means to get down the track at a low 13!!!! :goodjob:

but yes i would go with what everyone else is saying if your selling it dont but any more money into it!!!

on 3
04-20-2007, 11:18 PM

BS
i've been spraying my 2v for 2years now 125-150 tuned still ticking strong

BlueHatch
04-21-2007, 07:30 PM
BULLSHIT.....that car MIGHT run 14.2-14.4 theres not enough work in that car by any means to get down the track at a low 13!!!! :goodjob:

but yes i would go with what everyone else is saying if your selling it dont but any more money into it!!!
14.2-14.3? you are a fucking idiot kid. get a little more seat time then come tell people what you think you know about mustangs. ive ran right beside many a 13 second car. maybe you cant get your auto down the track any quicker that that, but i invite you to line up next to this one :goodjob:

BlueHatch
04-21-2007, 07:36 PM
BS
i've been spraying my 2v for 2years now 125-150 tuned still ticking strong
well right on. my buddy jared at groff motorsports and all the guys at modularpowerhouse and dugan racing said its really not a good idea to spray a 2v mod. the older pushrods loved it, but not so much with the mods, or ida had a jug on this one. you tend to believe shit when someone who stands to make a profit off of you tells you not to buy something from them. sparay is wicked. nut there is nothing like it

MachNU
04-21-2007, 07:56 PM
14.2-14.3? you are a fucking idiot kid. get a little more seat time then come tell people what you think you know about mustangs. ive ran right beside many a 13 second car. maybe you cant get your auto down the track any quicker that that, but i invite you to line up next to this one :goodjob:

Hey dumbfuck just becuase you "built" this car doesnt mean its a fucking rocket....i have ridden in everything from stock everyday 4.6 GT's to low 11 Cobras and 12 flat Gt's!!!!!

The mods for this car as of now...

MODS: 410 rear end gear,predator diablo sport programmer,bassani x pipe with cats removed, o2 simulators, flowmaster mufflers, bbk cold air intake, dragon upper intake. eibach springs. cobra grill delete

The only thing helping that car out is the 410 gear, but that means hes topping at around 130-140 IF hes lucky!!! Then the upper intake i will guess is the Plenium, but without the throttle body doesnt make it all that effective!!! So i can tell you the only reason he might get down the track quick would be that gear. So this car MIGHT hit 13.9 but that would be pushing it. So dont come at me like your gods gift to mustangs, this one is nice but isnt the fastest out there!!!!!

MachNU
04-21-2007, 07:59 PM
Oh and i thinked you missed that my car ran!!!! With a point .087 reaction time, so dont tell me i need seat time i have enough already!!!

BlueHatch
04-22-2007, 02:21 PM
.....waits to see if anyone is impressed. i guess not. an if you must continue talking shit im gonna clue you in that 13.9 is nothing to brag about

MachNU
04-22-2007, 08:35 PM
.....waits to see if anyone is impressed. i guess not. an if you must continue talking shit im gonna clue you in that 13.9 is nothing to brag about

Wow where did i brag about 13.9? OH WAIT thats right, someone said that a bolt on GT would be lucky to see 13's and i did it with very little bolt ons you jackass!!! i never braged about "OH MY GOD MY CAR DOES HIGH 13'S!!!!!!" oh and by the way your car that YOU the gift from god built...is nothing to brag about! :goodjob:

silversol
04-22-2007, 09:41 PM
lets put it this way, i am running a REAL shitty tune, stock internals, stock gears, stock rear end, everything about the tranny stock!

I have a few more mods that you did when you ran a 13.9 plus a 410 gear and a 5 speed I am positive mine is a bit faster than 13.9 I dont see how you can say my car "theres not enough work in that car" and yours with a auto and stock gears think yours is some how faster than mine. but what ever makes you sleep better at night :goodjob: thanks for turning a good thread in to crap guys :goodjob:

hydroshutter
04-22-2007, 10:30 PM

Neither is a civic. :doh:

MachNU
04-22-2007, 10:47 PM
I have a few more mods that you did when you ran a 13.9 plus a 410 gear and a 5 speed I am positive mine is a bit faster than 13.9 I dont see how you can say my car "theres not enough work in that car" and yours with a auto and stock gears think yours is some how faster than mine. but what ever makes you sleep better at night :goodjob: thanks for turning a good thread in to crap guys :goodjob:

buahahahahahahahahah how in the hell did you ever think my car has automatic? :lmfao: also who said anything about me having stock gears anymore!!!! :goodjob: also i am not putting you down just this dumbass for thinking he built this ungodly street machine!!!

oh and by the way i have more mods on mine than yours!!!!

silversol
04-22-2007, 11:47 PM
buahahahahahahahahah how in the hell did you ever think my car has automatic? :lmfao: also who said anything about me having stock gears anymore!!!! :goodjob: also i am not putting you down just this dumbass for thinking he built this ungodly street machine!!!

oh and by the way i have more mods on mine than yours!!!!

man this thread has got out of hand. just let it die guys :goodjob:

silversol
04-22-2007, 11:48 PM

YOU SAID IT YOUR SELF :yes:

MachNU
04-23-2007, 05:59 AM
YOU SAID IT YOUR SELF :yes:

lol thats a was!!!! i forgot about that post, and i am no longer running a stock gear, also here about 3 weeks as soona s the parts get to me 13's will be a thing of the past!!!! :goodjob:

1sickGT
04-23-2007, 12:01 PM
yall give mustang owners a bad name

AnthonyF
04-26-2007, 08:56 AM
headers and a small amount of NoS. :)

jfman
04-28-2007, 12:56 AM
My bone stock convertible gt ran 14.5 on its first and only run down the 1320.