PDA

View Full Version : Anyone around Dobbins at 10 A.M. this morning?

koukis14
03-29-2007, 11:41 PM
I got to see an F22 go vertical full thottle to at least 25-35k feet right over my head. Then an F16 or 18 went after him ALOT slower. It was one of the coolest things I have ever seen. I have posted about see it doing maneuvers before but this was just straight up hammer fucking down. I am not exaggerating about the height either he went till I could not see him, and there was no ceiling this morning.

The Yousef
03-29-2007, 11:43 PM
OMG...that would've been awesome to witness!!!!

thrust vectoring ftw!

RandomGuy
03-29-2007, 11:45 PM
OMFG THATS AWESOME

sike

koukis14
03-29-2007, 11:45 PM
OMG...that would've been awesome to witness!!!!

thrust vectoring ftw!

I had a big goofy smile on my face for like 15 minutes. You can see the pollen on the hoods of the cars moving from the sound when that thing goes by.

Ltdnismorace
03-29-2007, 11:46 PM
:borat voice: THAT WAS AWESOME NOT

The Yousef
03-29-2007, 11:46 PM
I had a big goofy smile on my face for like 15 minutes. You can see the pollen on the hoods of the cars moving from the sound when that thing goes by.

that jet is insane....it will kinda sad to see the F15 go though... :(

koukis14
03-29-2007, 11:48 PM
that jet is insane....it will kinda sad to see the F15 go though... :(

Its pretty cool to see that thing flying around because it make the chase planes look like Cessnas.

The Yousef
03-29-2007, 11:50 PM
Its pretty cool to see that thing flying around because it make the chase planes look like Cessnas.

i remember watching CNN a couple of years back when the flew the prototype from Edwards AFB to Dobbins...and the F16 was the chase plane...the Raptor just left him in the dust after take off...the commentator were actually laughing about it on air... :lmfao:

koukis14
03-29-2007, 11:56 PM
i remember watching CNN a couple of years back when the flew the prototype from Edwards AFB to Dobbins...and the F16 was the chase plane...the Raptor just left him in the dust after take off...the commentator were actually laughing about it on air... :lmfao:

It goes up every weekday its not raining, if you have a day off just sit on one of the parking lots near there for an hour or two and you will se some cool ass shit. A bunch of the guys at work have pictures of Air Force One and all the planes that take off and land there. I have seen almost everything from a Cessna to a C-5 over there.
I had to get a customer at walmart across the street and I was sitting at the light with her in a Cabrio with the top down and she goes HOLY SHIT. There was a C-5 taking off coming right at the car.

The Yousef
03-29-2007, 11:58 PM
It goes up every weekday its not raining, if you have a day off just sit on one of the parking lots near there for an hour or two and you will se some cool ass shit. A bunch of the guys at work have pictures of Air Force One and all the planes that take off and land there. I have seen almost everything from a Cessna to a C-5 over there.
I had to get a customer at walmart across the street and I was sitting at the light with her in a Cabrio with the top down and she goes HOLY SHIT. There was a C-5 taking off coming right at the car.

i would...then i would probably get arrested... :lmfao: :lmao: :(

koukis14
03-30-2007, 12:01 AM
i would...then i would probably get arrested... :lmfao: :lmao: :(

You can sleep in the Walmart parking lot of you want to. I am from a small town, the only fighters I have seen in the sky were circling Camp David about 100 miles away after 9/11. So looking out the window and seeing shit you see on tv or in movies is awesome.

Hektik
03-30-2007, 12:07 AM
:( I miss seeing fighter jets....when i lived in VA i lived maybe a 1/4 mile from NAS Oceana and you could see , hear , and feel them all day long...... now i live close to the airport in gwinnett of off 316 and all I hear is bullshit prop planes.....

VooDooXII
03-30-2007, 01:18 AM
Damn I would've loved

Hey...tell me why I saw a B17 a month or two ago. I saw it flying over Tech campus.

Stormhammer
03-30-2007, 01:28 AM
:( I miss seeing fighter jets....when i lived in VA i lived maybe a 1/4 mile from NAS Oceana and you could see , hear , and feel them all day long...... now i live close to the airport in gwinnett of off 316 and all I hear is bullshit prop planes.....

same here - or just the scream of those business airliners

hmm... we ought to hold a l'ville meet n greet @ the flying machine sometime

hehe - I'm out in Marietta by Dobbins often enough, I've only seen the F22 once, it screamed down 75, and I was so focused on it I nearly rear ended a car: :D

Stormhammer
03-30-2007, 01:30 AM
Damn I would've loved

Hey...tell me why I saw a B17 a month or two ago. I saw it flying over Tech campus.

airshow season prolly, and if not, well, folks still come out lfying them old ladies, gotta keep them in shape ya know :goodjob:

Its one thing to see a C5 or an F22, but man I tell ya, its another world seeing a B17 coming at you. Its like the damn thing just came out from the Bermuda Triangle cause you have those moments of confusion along with... oh damn its coming for me :lmfao:

VooDooXII
03-30-2007, 01:41 AM
I just stopped...I thought it was awesome. It was flying pretty low too.

I want to see a fucking C5.

koukis14
03-30-2007, 10:15 PM
I just stopped...I thought it was awesome. It was flying pretty low too.

I want to see a fucking C5.

I see probably two a day taking off and landing rgh over my head, my best friend was a Flight Crew Cheif on a C-5 so he has some awesome pics. I saw few pics he took from the flight deck of a mid air re-fueling, that was fuckng sweet.

Stormhammer
03-31-2007, 12:21 AM
^^ Russian's still have a bigger plane than the C-5 :lmao: and its from the 80s too...

sirkus
03-31-2007, 12:56 AM
I have a video of the F22 and it being tested.. I'll upload it then post a link.

sirkus
03-31-2007, 02:22 AM
http://www.x2sirkus.com/f22test.mpeg There ya go... bad ass video of those amazing jets.

_Christian_
03-31-2007, 02:26 AM
I got to see an F22 go vertical full thottle to at least 25-35k feet right over my head. Then an F16 or 18 went after him ALOT slower. It was one of the coolest things I have ever seen. I have posted about see it doing maneuvers before but this was just straight up hammer fucking down. I am not exaggerating about the height either he went till I could not see him, and there was no ceiling this morning.
sorry buddy, but if you cant tell if it was a f16 or f18 chasing how can you tell it was a f22?

RandomGuy
03-31-2007, 02:36 AM
have you ever seen a man eat his own head?

_Christian_
03-31-2007, 02:37 AM
^what???

Stormhammer
03-31-2007, 02:38 AM
sorry buddy, but if you cant tell if it was a f16 or f18 chasing how can you tell it was a f22?

dude, you CANT mistake an F22 - the thing has HUGE vertical/horizontal stabilizers, and its shape is mostly a big diamond

06SilverBullet
03-31-2007, 02:38 AM

I do remember driving down Cobb Parkway a few times and seeing the raptor with a few F-16 chase planes...I guess I am sort of used to it because I used to be in the Air Force and when I was at Eglin AFB,FL I saw a new F-15 Strike Eagle shooting it's armament into a sand container to test and see if i worked....It was sooo cool...because the Strike Eagle is a darker color paint than the A-D models. The Raptor does rock though...Man, I sure do miss being in the AF and the Guard for 13 years...great memories. I am in Kauai now at this place....www.pmrf.navy.mil.

Mark :goodjob: :D

_Christian_
03-31-2007, 02:39 AM
dude, you CANT mistake an F22 - the thing barely has any vertical stabilizers, and its shape is mostly a big diamond
an f16 looks absolutely nothing like an f18

06SilverBullet
03-31-2007, 02:40 AM

The chase planes are F-16's. Are you from the DC Metro area by chance?. You had mentioned Camp David earlier.

Mark

Stormhammer
03-31-2007, 02:41 AM

from a few thousand feet, unless you can spot twin engines and twin stabilizers, yes they do

06SilverBullet
03-31-2007, 02:41 AM
Yep...major difference and also the 16 has 1 vert. stab. and th 18 has 2.Plus the 16 is AF and the 18 is Navy.

Mark

Stormhammer
03-31-2007, 02:45 AM
^^ I know - an F16 is a single seater 1 engine 1 stabiler and an F18 is a dual slant stabilizers etc etc - just saying that at 25-30,000 feet, that'd it'd be a tad bit difficult to identify which would be which ( unless you knew already that since it was an AF base it was an F16 etc )

_Christian_
03-31-2007, 02:47 AM
Yep...major difference and also the 16 has 1 vert. stab. and th 18 has 2.Plus the 16 is AF and the 18 is Navy.

Mark\exactly. an f18 would be harder to differentiate from an f22 than from an f16. either way it doesnt matter cause it's a cool sighting.

RandomGuy
03-31-2007, 03:04 AM
have you guys seen teh new F22's?

i believe theyre called F22B they are sick and have some sort of vtec component in them as well
much better than the F22 from the CB7

_Christian_
03-31-2007, 03:08 AM
have you guys seen teh new F22's?

i believe theyre called F22B they are sick and have some sort of vtec component in them as well
much better than the F22 from the CB7
i believe the afterburners are vtec equiped

mocha latte cupcake
03-31-2007, 06:59 AM
Dude i love driving by dobbins, the other day making a delivery, i'm sitting that the stop light right at the end of the run way, and 1 by 1 6 F18's just come screaming down the run way and blast right over 41. lol i get honked at by so many cars cause its so cool to just watch them come at you at like 300 mph and then fly over you only a few hundred feet in the air. that sound is possibly one of the best its so awesome!

HyPer50
03-31-2007, 10:32 AM
Ya, I saw them do that a few months ago. I always saw em do fly bys but only once did I see em pull the straight up maneuver lol. It used to be nice when I worked at the Jiffy Lube directly across from the runway, we always got to see some cool shit goin' on over there.

MachNU
03-31-2007, 09:25 PM
I dont care what anyone says, when you have a B2 Bomber do a high spped flyby at 1500ft RIGHT above your head you aint seen nothing. I have yet to this day hear anything louder than that. Or when you stand about 50yards away from two Harriers do a vertical takeoff!!!!

Brett
03-31-2007, 09:33 PM

HUGE difference between a F16 and a F18, Most likley was a F18, Did it have twin tails? The F16 has a single tail and single engine, F18 has twin tails and twin thrusters.

Brett
03-31-2007, 09:35 PM
dude, you CANT mistake an F22 - the thing has HUGE vertical/horizontal stabilizers, and its shape is mostly a big diamond

....just like you can mistake a F16 and a F18...lol

VooDooXII
04-01-2007, 03:16 AM
I dont care what anyone says, when you have a B2 Bomber do a high spped flyby at 1500ft RIGHT above your head you aint seen nothing. I have yet to this day hear anything louder than that. Or when you stand about 50yards away from two Harriers do a vertical takeoff!!!!

I definitely want to see that!

koukis14
04-01-2007, 10:01 AM

I only saw the bottom of the chase plane and I saw the 22 from take off, plus the 22 does not look anything like any other plane.

koukis14
04-01-2007, 10:04 AM
The chase planes are F-16's. Are you from the DC Metro area by chance?. You had mentioned Camp David earlier.

Mark

Southern PA

koukis14
04-01-2007, 10:05 AM

That would be fucking sweet