PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Nissan help

AZN_Pride
03-28-2007, 09:58 PM
Ok here is the story. My parents are bugging about the car sitting at home doing nothing. At this point, I am really tired of worring about buying another car or my parents flipping out on how they have the say just because they pay for insurance.

So the deal is I want to do an engine swap on my 240 and I was wondering how hard would it be to place a CA18 into my 93 S13?

Why a CA18?

A: I dont need an SR20. Sure it has more HP and what not and its "JDM". I just need something that does not have a timing chain and something new.I really dont want to spend about a few hundred for another KA. Personally I really do not like them at all.

Benefit
03-29-2007, 07:27 AM
finding a good running CA is the hardest part since they only came in the 89-90 240's...they arent all that expensive neither (cheaper than SR) and ive heard of them making more power than an SR with little mods. it is relatively easy to do a CA swap if you know what your doing , it will drop right in but wiring is a bitch.

SampaGuy
03-29-2007, 01:08 PM
since u have a 93 u'll need the powersteering lines off a 89-90 car (if u want powersteering). other than that its basically the same as swapping an SR. they are older than SRs tho so u need to do some basic maintenance on it before dropping it in.

AZN_Pride
03-29-2007, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the info. I am new to Nissans, but I love my 240.

Im hearing that the CA is a pain to deal with and finding parts is a pain in the ass. I would love one simply because Its cheaper than aSR and I dont really need anything to fancy.

Maki
03-29-2007, 01:46 PM
No you dont need the 89-90 steering lines. keep your doch lines they work

driftjunkE
03-29-2007, 04:06 PM
Wiring is easy, and you can find parts at Autozone.

stephen
03-29-2007, 04:49 PM
hey man, i hear what you're saying about not "liking" the KA, but my question to you is WHY? i've been in the 240 game for a pretty long time, and now i'm done, but in all fairness, it really doesn't matter what route you go with motor choices, it's really about how long your money is. there's kids who get into 240's, and the first thing is "i want an sr...a rb...a ca...ka's aren't shit" they go spend a grip on getting one of those motors...spin a bearing...blow rings...whatever, and just don't have the money to reach their HP goals. i personally went KA-T. the motors are a dime a dozen...and it was way softer on my pockets...not to mention...it was still pretty damn fast. there's dudes out there with KA's destroying SR's and vice versa...it's just about the length of your money. just a little food for though

Krazykouki
03-29-2007, 07:51 PM
Whats your budget?

AZN_Pride
03-29-2007, 07:55 PM
I have a decent buget at this point. I just hear bad thjings about the KA and good things. Right now My KA is being an ass.

Krazykouki
03-29-2007, 09:38 PM
Go with an SR. CA's are decent motors but as people have said it is really hard to get a good CA. Out of the many that I have seen pass through, they ALL had something wrong with them. If you can spend a little more get an RB. KA's are decent if build RIGHT the first time but they still cant match SR/RB reliability IMO.

www.tophatperformance.com

AZN_Pride
03-29-2007, 11:48 PM
I appreciate the advice.