PDA

View Full Version : Random BHC Hachi Drifting

prosoto
03-28-2007, 07:27 AM
http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y219/prosoto/?action=view&current=drift.flv

Well since Nahn threw his video up, I figured I'd show-off my crappy drifting on my stock suspension.

Glides
03-28-2007, 07:44 AM
Nice vid.

Heres a couple things to try.

1. You are in a stock Hachi. With the suspension that they have you will list side to side like a sailboat. The e-brake will be your friend until you can get the weight transfer down. You need to keep it transferred because if it starts to shift back, the suspension will uncoil and throw you out of drift and lose the slide or worse, snap back and dump over the backside of the oval.

2. Hachi = full throttle when you slide. There is no other way if you want to keep it kicked out. All or nothing in a Hachi. This is why you were not able to hold drifts, you had to let off the gas and that spells death in a Hachi because you don't have the power to get it back out. Plus at BHC you can't keep the speed up enough to use your inertia to re-initiate.

3. BHC is a tough track to run with low power and keep a good slide because there is so little room for movement. You have to be dead on down there because there is no shifting of lateral movement to make your drifts longer, i.e. no way to extend your drifts unless you know exactly what you are doing. Once you figure out the lines you need and the way you need to transition the corners, you are golden.

Good luck man, good talking to you at Sonic the other night too.

GSRteg®
03-28-2007, 08:02 AM
Nice man

Elbow
03-28-2007, 08:06 AM
looks like you had fun

Sport1.3
03-28-2007, 08:17 AM
Alittle more practice and alittle more power and you got it. Its not all impossible to make some decent power with minor bolt ons and some DIY style tuning. If you need any help lemme know, I'm a fellow 4ag lover as well

Glides
03-28-2007, 09:41 AM
Yea Club4ag has some good tips as well....if the forums ever come back up.

Sport1.3
03-28-2007, 09:43 AM
Yea Club4ag has some good tips as well....if the forums ever come back up.

yeah, that and if you can filter out all the missinformation

Glides
03-28-2007, 10:24 AM
yeah, that and if you can filter out all the missinformation

Truth

Alan®
03-28-2007, 10:59 AM
nice car man hope i didnt scare you too bad when we did time attack in my car i cant drive im workin on it but did anybody get any video of my time attack runs i still cant get my shit off my camera and my dad didnt do a great job recording it

aznanhnhan86
03-28-2007, 11:48 AM
nice vid!!!, dude i love your hachi!!!!

Liltoua
03-28-2007, 04:25 PM
nice man...your sliding will be 10 times easier when that thing is droped! Good job tho love the Hachi!