PDA

View Full Version : ka-t trans

Extrememustang
03-27-2007, 08:52 PM
So I was looking once to get a na 300z and then put a turbo on it, well someone said you need to get the turbo z trans as well. That got me thinking, I may be putting a turbo on a altima, so what about my transmission? What should I do to it? Satge 2 clutch with aluminum flywheel?

Firefightin_tC
03-27-2007, 09:29 PM
So I was looking once to get a na 300z and then put a turbo on it, well someone said you need to get the turbo z trans as well. That got me thinking, I may be putting a turbo on a altima, so what about my transmission? What should I do to it? Satge 2 clutch with aluminum flywheel?

Don't Turbo a Altima. Hell I thought it would a great idea at one point, now I'm like fuck it. I would be better off putting the 3-4K towards something else.

Extrememustang
03-27-2007, 10:46 PM
same motor as the 240 though. Also I already have a turbo kit for it

BuBBa DRiFT
03-27-2007, 11:01 PM
upgrade the clutch depending on how my HP you are putting out and youll be good to go. KA-T for the win!

sebastianHoff
03-28-2007, 11:08 AM
you typed out ftw?

stock clutch should carry 1/2 bar no problem, but not a bad idea to upgrade the clutch since everything is apart. competition clutchs are really good, i've had 3 (all on diff cars) and i wouldnt buy anything else. most of the local shops carry them, just make sure you dont buy too much clutch for your car makes daily driving a pain.