PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods GT2860RS?

Ruststang
03-27-2007, 07:21 PM
Here is what im thinking.. My engine is on the way out but im wondering why my turbo isn't making boost until 4k rpm. Its a stock ka24de with 3 inch exhaust with front mount with a t25 on it.. What im thinking is the turbo has 3 inch going out the pipe and 3 inch intake side but this tiny 2" pressure outlet. That may be the problem.. so maybe the disco potato would work better? has anyone had any experince with this? Also might have a boost leak but before it was being a slug power wise it was still spooling at 4k rpm. :???:

Evan

Ruststang
03-29-2007, 09:09 AM
Bump No one has any thoughts on the issue?

RiceBoy
03-29-2007, 12:39 PM
Sorry I can't understand half what you are saying or asking. The only thing I could semi get out of that, was that you can't build boost till 4k rpm.
1. What does it boost to afterwards?
2. Does your turbo have any shaft play, smokes, leaking oil, etc..?
3. Is your gauge accurate?
4. Make sure all your clamps are tightened (t-bolts are the best), and all the couplers are not torns.

There are ton of reasons why turbo doesn't boost.

2Fast4Radar
03-30-2007, 09:24 AM
With a T25 you should be able to build boost at any RPM. The first thing I would do is pressure test your your intake system. I'd also check the turbo for excessive shaft play, as riceboy said, if your intake system passes a pressure test.