PDA

View Full Version : Emissions Testing

2Fast4Radar
03-27-2007, 12:07 PM
I just moved to Cobb county from Illinois where I have no emissions testing on my '94 Stealth. I have a main cat and one "pre-cat" on the front cylinder bank - the engine is healthy.

My question is this: how bad are the emissions testing here and where is the best place around Smyrna? My car has an OBDI/II hybrid ECU and I'm assuming most places only have rollers for FWD cars. I have an AFC so if I lean it out for non-load (not on the rollers) testing will the car most likely pass? I know there's a few items that are tested, but I am not sure if a lean condition will cause one of the tested items to fail my car.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Z U L8R
03-27-2007, 02:30 PM
if your stealth is awd then any place will do a no load test from the tail pipe. nobody's gonna hook up the obd2 connector if they see the R vin code telling them it's a 94. i'm not sure what you should set your safc for to do a "no load" test, i'm not a tuner nor do i know the mods you have on your car to suggest what the safest/best thing to do is. my suggestion to you is if your safc's already tuned for your car/mods don't mess with it. there's a place called meister lee on terrell mill road right where it meets with cobb parkway that only charges $20 for their emissions tests (some places charge $25) i go there for mine. basically i'd change the oil, put some 93 octane in the gas tank then go up there and get it tested once the car's warmed up. if you fail, post what you failed on and what was allowable, then we can help troubleshoot you for what you should do, once you make the alterations then you can go back for your free retest. good luck =]

2Fast4Radar
03-28-2007, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the info dave. I found a few places on S. Cobb Drive that do emissions testing, but I guess all of them are no more or less lenient than any other so that really shouldn't matter. It would be nice if they let me play with the AFC while testing. I guess it can't hurt to ask right?

I'll let you know how it works out and what the results are.

Twinnos
03-28-2007, 05:40 PM
i saw a place on jimmy carter right before you get to buford hwy that had a home made sign that said "emissions 17.50".

stealthrt
03-29-2007, 03:50 PM
i saw a place on jimmy carter right before you get to buford hwy that had a home made sign that said "emissions 17.50".

...For OBDII cars..

"garunteed to pass" in the gas tank + lean as hell and you will pass a no load test. And I don't think Paul would ever put anything less than 93 octane in the tank :thinking:

2Fast4Radar
03-29-2007, 09:48 PM
...For OBDII cars..

"garunteed to pass" in the gas tank + lean as hell and you will pass a no load test. And I don't think Paul would ever put anything less than 93 octane in the tank :thinking:Holy detonation Batman! Premium is all I can run (safely). :goodjob:

I'm going to try that guaranteed to pass stuff when I fill up before testing.

Turbodude06
03-30-2007, 04:12 PM
have you tried to pass yet and failed or are you just worring about it? Cause it sounds like your just worring about it, just go and have it done you may not fail or find a stock ECU to put in it for the emissions...

stealthrt
03-31-2007, 11:46 AM
have you tried to pass yet and failed or are you just worring about it? Cause it sounds like your just worring about it, just go and have it done you may not fail or find a stock ECU to put in it for the emissions...

He already mentioned he had an AFC, so what makes you think he has an aftermarket ECU?!?

Beside, how would that make him come ANYWHERE close to passing, since he doesnt have stock Injectors? he would ruch rich as fuck if he were to remove his AFC.