PDA

View Full Version : Random motorcycle drifting gone wrong.

Frög
03-27-2007, 04:00 AM
dont think its a repost..

this happened to me once.. i wrecked, then went to pick up the bike and it drove off.. i was running down the street trying to catch it.. lol

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XjheGQ6EDeA

Mr_Mischif
03-27-2007, 07:00 AM
GHOST BALLIN!!!

Flip
03-27-2007, 07:12 AM
lol thats freakin funny!!

Jecht
03-27-2007, 09:42 AM
Lol ghost riding a motorcycle

ubers2k
03-27-2007, 10:18 AM
that shit is mad funny. repped

speedminded
03-27-2007, 10:22 AM
you said motorcycle drifting *sigh* :no:

ubers2k
03-27-2007, 10:23 AM
so you say that sliding the back end of a bike around a corner isn't considered a drift? hmmm....

speedminded
03-27-2007, 10:37 AM
so you say that sliding the back end of a bike around a corner isn't considered a drift? hmmm....1) Drifting is not a race, flat track racing is.

2) Flat track racing has been around for over 100 years, longgg before "drifting" was even a word in our vocabulary.

Nobody calls drifting flat track racing so why call flat track racing drifting ;)

ubers2k
03-27-2007, 10:41 AM
but still, it technically is a drift when the vehicle is rear wheel drive and it breaks traction to get around a corner faster. I'm not saying it's a true "drift" in the sense of say, D1 or FD, but it's a term most people use when a car or in this case, bike, slides around a corner, whether it be in racing or show.

Eclipse1000
03-27-2007, 10:42 AM
haha nice

speedminded
03-27-2007, 11:03 AM
but still, it technically is a drift when the vehicle is rear wheel drive and it breaks traction to get around a corner faster. I'm not saying it's a true "drift" in the sense of say, D1 or FD, but it's a term most people use when a car or in this case, bike, slides around a corner, whether it be in racing or show.Drifting is not the fastest way through a corner. Besides, flat track racing is not drifting, it's a powerslide and most [if not all of these bikes] have NO brakes or gears. How do you suppose you drift a car without brakes to shift the weight...then without a clutch or gears to get it loose? Anyone and their cousin can leave a camaro in 2nd gear and powerover around some cones...is that drifting?

ubers2k
03-27-2007, 11:08 AM
I know it isn't the fastest way around a corner, and I never said that flat track racing is drifting... and for the record, I don't keep up with flat track racing anyway, so forgive me for not knowing that little bit about this particular event.

Powerovers are considered a drifting technique though.

ubers2k
03-27-2007, 11:11 AM
I mean, I know the different techniques to drifting, whether it be clutch-kicking, feint, breaking feint... the list goes on. I do know that a powerover is still a drift.

Beginner techniques
These techniques don't use weight transition, so are typically the first thing the novice drifter learns.[6] However they are still used by the most experienced drifters, and require skill to execute properly. These techniques aim to induce a loss of traction on the rear wheels, either by locking the wheel (e-brake drift), or using enough power from the engine to break the traction force (power-oversteer and clutch kick).

Hand-brake or Emergency brake drift - While the clutch is depressed, the hand-brake is pulled to induce rear traction loss. As soon as traction is lost, the driver releases the clutch, depresses the accelerator, and countersteers. This technique is used heavily in drift competitions to drift large corners, or to trim the car's line mid-drift.[7]

Power oversteer or Powerslide - This drift is performed when entering a corner at full throttle to produce heavy oversteer through the turn. The excess power causes the drive wheels to lose traction in a RWD or AWD car. This is the most typical drifting technique for all-wheel drive cars.

Shift lock (compression slide) - Initiated by downshifting (usually from third to second or fourth to third, and using a very fast shift) instead of braking, without rev-matching, causing the drive wheels to lock momentarily. Helpful for very tight corners, allowing the driver to approach the corner at a slower speed and lower revs, while allowing quick acceleration when exiting the corner. This technique can be very damaging to the engine if mis-used as the ECU is unable to rev limit when the engine is oversped by the rear wheels. Premature downshifters are called "Rod Stretchers".[8]

Clutch kick - This is done by "kicking" the clutch (pushing in, then out, usually more than one time in a drift for adjustment in a very fast manner) to send a shock through the powertrain, upsetting the car's balance. This causes the rear wheels to slip. The foot should be at an angle so the brake and gas may be pressed as well, this being needed to control speed and stop from spinning out in the drift.

- taken from wikipedia.com

ubers2k
03-27-2007, 11:15 AM
so other than that, you're right, I don't know anything about the flat track racing as shown in this video. I'm out... need to get to work.

duck2k6
03-27-2007, 11:18 AM
hmmm.... powerslide drift..... hmmmmm. damn i am confused look the same though.

Sol-Badguy
03-27-2007, 02:31 PM
LIRL at the title.

zakkkaliscious
03-29-2007, 03:57 PM
somebody call quickdodge!

Frög
03-29-2007, 10:07 PM
the title really doesnt matter. they are not drifting and DUH its not a drifting competition.. if you dont understand why i put that title, then im sorry.

GSRteg®
03-29-2007, 10:22 PM
Nice man crazy!