PDA

View Full Version : vtec wiring on a p28 ecu

THEONE
03-25-2007, 10:32 PM
i need to know where to run the wires to the ecu from the vtec noid on a p28 ecu.the car has been swapped and i do not care about repinning at the harness i want to run the wires from the noid to the ecu and be done with it;) oh and i cant find the correct location on the ecu for the o2 sensor.can anyone point me in the right direction.

1civic
03-25-2007, 11:00 PM
Try this...http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1205457

THEONE
03-25-2007, 11:36 PM
that would help a smart person. i need a more simple explanation. like run this here and this here and your done. same deal with the 4 wire o2. people have done it before why cant i find a picture step by step?

drmcivicsi
03-25-2007, 11:39 PM
wtf that shit is easy as hell to read lol

THEONE
03-25-2007, 11:45 PM
wtf that shit is easy as hell to read lol

alright then tell me how to do it. i have a 4 wire o2 sensor i need ot wire up and the vtec noid and pressure switch. remeber i do not want to repin the ecu i want to run my own wires. so tell me where each one goes,you know color wise and pin location. and im working on a 89 ef hatch with a sohc vtec zc.thanks for your help

THEONE
03-26-2007, 02:43 PM
oh and a diagram of an actual p28 would be nice the ecu in the diagram looks nothing like mine

1civic
03-26-2007, 07:29 PM
alright then tell me how to do it. i have a 4 wire o2 sensor i need ot wire up and the vtec noid and pressure switch. remeber i do not want to repin the ecu i want to run my own wires. so tell me where each one goes,you know color wise and pin location. and im working on a 89 ef hatch with a sohc vtec zc.thanks for your help

Well your in for a Surprize..... There is alot of different changes that need to be made, And you will have to repin the ECU or the car will never run right... ;) Obd-0 is Different from Obd-1... http://www.phearable.net/tech/wiring/pinouts2.htm

1civic
03-26-2007, 07:36 PM
If you look at the Pinouts I just Posted you will see the difference in the two, Your better off buying a Conversion harness... Its Cheap and its Plug and Play.. Oh and if you are tring to plug the p28 into the 89 Harness it will not fit.. You will need to find a Obd-0 Ecu with Vtec... Explain to us what Harness you are useing for the car and for the Motor... :goodjob:

THEONE
03-26-2007, 07:40 PM
i found otu today from the previous owner it has been converted to obd1 and the car runs great as it is but i would like to have vtec hooked up to finish it off aswell as the 4 wire o2 sensor. the o2 was hooked up but from many diffrent motors swapped in and out of the car we are not sure what happend to the wires going to the ecu. oh and thanks for the diagram. that helps. i want to be 100% sure in what order do the plugs go as far as a,b,c,d i know how they plug in i just need to be sure i working with harness a or b or whatever and i will need to run my own wires to the ecu because alot of them have been removed or are just not worth messing with.

1civic
03-26-2007, 07:44 PM
Ok listen the First link has the Colors and thats a big help... All the plugs are a Different size and if you take a Marker you can mark each one...Then just print this page and look for the colors... If they did the swap the pins are already done...Just look for the right color wire coming from the ECU..

THEONE
03-26-2007, 07:47 PM
i can see on the ecu it says p28 and yes it has been converted and it plugs right in i swear. im guessing wiring a b16 or b18 as far as vtec goes is the same on a p72,pr3 and my p28

1civic
03-26-2007, 07:57 PM
This is where the 4wire O2 Sensor plugs in on the ECU... :goodjob:

black -goes to pin A6
black -goes to pin A25
white (signal) -goes to pin D14
blue or green -goes to pin D22

THEONE
03-26-2007, 07:58 PM
This is where the 4wire O2 Sensor plugs in on the ECU... :goodjob:

black -goes to pin A6
black -goes to pin A25
white (signal) -goes to pin D14
blue or green -goes to pin D22

cool,where did you find that info? this cars wiring has been changed so many times i just wanted to start over you know?

THEONE
03-26-2007, 08:01 PM
oh and how come on the honda tech link it says the vtec switch goes to a4 and in the diagram in your next post says a8?never mind i see that diagram was not for a p28

1civic
03-26-2007, 08:04 PM
cool,where did you find that info? this cars wiring has been changed so many times i just wanted to start over you know?

Its on the Web... :tongue1: .. No really the first link is your best friend... ;)
Understand you need to sit down and make it easy for yourself.. If needed mark the Plugs, Then From left to right Number them, Its simple once you done a Few.. :yes: Just take your time and read a little and you will see on the link I posted the Answer are there.. :goodjob:

scttydb411
03-26-2007, 09:14 PM
looking at the plug socket on the ecu from left to right a,b,d. from left to right on each plug top 1,3,5,... bottom 2,4,6,...

vtec=a6
vtec pressure=d6

o2 was posted above

all obd1 civic/integra ecu have same pinout. if you want to pin into the obd0 end of the harness follow those pinouts from the obd1 side to the obd0 side.

if a boomslang conversion harness was used then all those wires are running from the obd1 plugs to nowhere and you just hardwire to the conversion harness.

make sure it also has an obd1 or obd2 vtec dizzy that has been pinned properly or use a obd0-1 dizzy adapter plug.

THEONE
03-26-2007, 11:11 PM
looking at the plug socket on the ecu from left to right a,b,d. from left to right on each plug top 1,3,5,... bottom 2,4,6,...

vtec=a6
vtec pressure=d6

o2 was posted above

all obd1 civic/integra ecu have same pinout. if you want to pin into the obd0 end of the harness follow those pinouts from the obd1 side to the obd0 side.

if a boomslang conversion harness was used then all those wires are running from the obd1 plugs to nowhere and you just hardwire to the conversion harness.

make sure it also has an obd1 or obd2 vtec dizzy that has been pinned properly or use a obd0-1 dizzy adapter plug.

thanks,as far as i know it has been converted to obd1 by rewiring. everything runs great there is a CEL and i beleive that is from the o2 sensor. if i cant figure it out i might have to take it up to mainstream. and i have big plans for this new car and you know im gonna call you for tuning. the last hatch you tuned for me was awesome. its a shame the guy who i sold it to got carried away and blew that motor.

THEONE
03-28-2007, 02:53 PM
damn it!!it wont work. do you think its because the prongs coming from the oil pressure switch are really loose? is there a way i can test the vtec noid to make sure its good i thinks i need the pressure switch