PDA

View Full Version : FOR SALE: SUPERCHARGED '91 CRX si CHEAP!

ksniperfox
03-25-2007, 09:26 PM
sold

This car needs somebody who has the time to take better care of it. I just had it re-tuned on the new setup at Mainstream , it made 167whp/145wtq. Dynosheet and all receipts in hand. I also went to atlanta dragway last weekend for my first time and ran it twice for a best of 14.8@95mph full interior(beat a srt4 too mods unknown) i have the ET slip in hand. Could be faster with a better driver and some grippier tires. I dont care about its age or mileage at this point. all Ii want is something stock and clean and reliable. Don't care if its fast or slow, show me what you got. price range-under 6k.

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums...ead.php?t=79468 (http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79468)
chassis has 235k, motor has 7k. typical, but barely noticeable rust spots above the rear wheel wells on older hondas. clearcoat is flaking in some places, but the car looks and drives great. new cv axles/knuckles/ball joints, lots of low end torque. no lag.

mods-rebuilt D16Z6 sohc vtec swap, arp rod bolts, OBD1 conversion/chipped P28, Comp cam, b16 throttle body, intake, JR Supercharger @ 8.5 psi, hondata intake manifold gasket, dsm 450 fuel injectors, 3.2' JR blower pulley, larger Y8 crank pulley, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, 4-2-1 header, 2.5' catless MSPi exhaust, tuned via CROME Pro, 6 puck stg3 clutch, 8lb fidanza flywheel, b&m shortshifter, catch can, sony cd player, front strut tower brace, Rota circuit 8 wheels/nitto tires. front tread is like new, rear is well, ok(85%?). new rear and front pads, 4 wheel discs, red calipers, autometer boost gauge.
no trouble codes/passing emissions certificate

the bad-radiator leaks after hard/long driving, and i have a brand spanking new Fluidyne halfsize radiator sitting on my bedroom floor. i simply have no time to put it in but will include it with the sale, and the receipt if necessary. Fluidyne radiator cap is included also. no a/c. i have the condenser in my garage but the compressor is gone. no p/s. last week i started to hear a ticking noise in the valvetrain and i took it to a shop and they charged me $65 and said the compression was good, and its just a valve that isnt seating 100% correctly but it was fine to drive, just not too hard. the SC belt is a little worn, but i have a spare that i will include with the sale.
http://www.superhonda.com/photopost/data/502/rex21.JPG

http://www.superhonda.com/photopost/data/502/rex12.JPG
http://www.superhonda.com/photopost/data/502/medium/untitled.JPG

before the catch can^
after V

http://www.superhonda.com/photopost/data/502/medium/catch_can.JPG

http://www.superhonda.com/photopost/data/502/medium/on_dyno.JPG

http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/685/dsc03008aa3.jpg

3,000!!!

post thoughts/feedback/offers/trades. keep your shit to yourself. PMs and posts please.

aaronfelipe
03-25-2007, 09:29 PM
what price range?

thehatchman
03-25-2007, 10:41 PM
sweet

GSRteg®
03-26-2007, 12:06 AM
Bump

puregroove
03-26-2007, 01:40 AM
so clean:::

89 lude
03-26-2007, 03:11 PM
what are you lookin to get... let us know but damn thats a clean ass crx...

EmminoDaGreat
03-26-2007, 03:28 PM
Hasnt the car been hit on the driver side front ?

ksniperfox
03-26-2007, 04:24 PM
price range-anything under 6k. anything as long as its close to stock and reliable. i dont care if its another rex, 100% stock and slow. all i want is reliability so i can get to work and home without making lots of noise and whatnot. kinda getting out of the car scene for a bit and just want a good dd. that is all.

show me what you got.

yes its been hit driver front, but drivability is not affected and is not noticeable from the outside.

aaronfelipe
03-28-2007, 11:01 PM
Sell this one, keep the JRSC and buy mine and throw it on there :ninja:
Nice, quiet , reliable car :goodjob:
I could maybe help out with the install/uninstall of the JR...

ksniperfox
03-30-2007, 07:25 PM
runs good, valve cover bolts have been fixed.

car is now for sale, starting at $4500. make your offers.

i took aaronfelipe for a ride in it yesterday, nice guy that can vouch for the condition. whoever buys this, i will likely use the cash to buy his rex.

tymon
03-30-2007, 10:39 PM
What's with the hood sitting up in the first picture?

tha-slow-hoe
03-30-2007, 10:52 PM
it was spaced up in the back because of the intake manifold if i remember corectly

ksniperfox
03-31-2007, 08:41 AM
it was spaced up in the back because of the intake manifold if i remember corectly

you don't remember correctly. the previous owner did it for personal styling reasons, and he said it helps cool the bay better. i dont particularly care for the spacers, but they dont get on my nerves either. they take 5 minutes to remove.

did another compression test with aaron felipe and got:
1-155ish
2-155ish
3-155ish
4-170ish

cant remember the exact numbers cause we never wrote them down.

car is a blast to drive. puts a smile on my face everytime. someone buy it.

preferredduck
03-31-2007, 10:33 PM
car ran good a couple of months ago for sure. that little thing pulls!!!! free bump to ya.

THEONE
03-31-2007, 10:47 PM
love the car looks great and great price too. question how come it only makes 167 whp? at 8.5psi? i had a bone stock zc with 7psi and made 200whp running turbo edit. one would think this sc car has much more potential and alot more$$ put in it...im not makin fun just woundering why it does not make more power

ksniperfox
03-31-2007, 11:56 PM
love the car looks great and great price too. question how come it only makes 167 whp? at 8.5psi? i had a bone stock zc with 7psi and made 200whp running turbo edit. one would think this sc car has much more potential and alot more$$ put in it...im not makin fun just woundering why it does not make more power

1-if you were using a turbo, turbos inevitably make more power per psi than SC for 2 reasons:
a-intercooler/cooler air
b-no additional parasitic drag on the engine
2-zc=dohc
3-bigger turbos make more power per psi, so if yours was bigger, doesnt take much boost to make the power

pulled b16 civics/ep3 when i was on 5psi. even with mustang gts now since re-tune. 167whp is fine. however bad news is in: headgasket is blown. will take
$4k cash obo

THEONE
04-01-2007, 12:56 AM
cool thanks for the info. and i was running a t25:) i like em small......

97_luder
04-01-2007, 02:35 AM
do you want to trade for my 300zx

Vteckidd
04-01-2007, 10:13 AM
what makes you think the headgasket is blown?

sounds like the shop your taking it to has no clue what they are talking about. a valves is "not 100% seating"? what the fuck is that. a valve either seats, or it doesnt. there is no in between.

did they do a VALVE ADJUSTMENT? if the head sounds noisy, its usually A valve adjusmtent or LMA.

car was pretty solid last time i saw it so before you shoot yourself in the foot, better make sure the headgasket is really blown. i saw no evidence of it being blown when it was here before.

good luck

ksniperfox
04-01-2007, 04:43 PM
update- will take 3k for it.

thats what they said and i thought they were BSing me for awhile then the other day a little bit of white smoke comes out at idle after getting to operating temperature. still runs great though.

im looking to get out of the car scene. 3k cash. i want it gone so i can just get a daily driver car. 3k is a steal.

mods feel free to change the thread title to for sale instead of trades. i dont want to make another thread.

i'd trade for the 300 if it was in better shape. thanks for the offer. i want aaronfelipes rex and hes selling it for 2500. im getting ready to go for the tried and true autotrader.

aaronfelipe
04-02-2007, 12:25 AM
bump

Frög
04-02-2007, 01:01 AM
sweet car.. free bump

Turbodude06
04-02-2007, 07:05 AM
Dumb question but are you willing to part the JRSC out?????

aaronfelipe
04-02-2007, 08:34 AM
No.
This is an AWESOME price, cannot beat it. Car pulls hard and the supercharger sounds sick!

santacruz77
04-02-2007, 09:56 AM
i wish i could buy it thats a awsome price! gl you sure you dont want a 240

ksniperfox
04-02-2007, 10:31 PM

sorry, every aspect of the car is set to run as is. removing one part will fuck everything up. so unless you have a very worthy offer, the answer is no. however if you ever get one ill lend you the technical knowledge i've gained from going the SC route to help you out.

show me your 240 in a PM with pictures please. trades are considered. thanks for the bumpage. i have a couple cars in mind i wish to buy and i just need this one gone. in Mike's opinion my headgasket isn't blown. i have not the time or patience for finding out and/or swapping it. it could be something much more simple, i could careless. all i want is a nice stock car with a/c.

update-fluidyne radiator sold seperately today. car is posted in autotrader for 4k something.

ksniperfox
04-03-2007, 09:05 PM
3k. good lord. no cheaper. 3k=steal. i want to keep it almost. someone take it.

obear
04-04-2007, 08:47 PM
supercharged and you dont even get 200hp, pathetic

ksniperfox
04-04-2007, 11:17 PM
supercharged and you dont even get 200hp, pathetic

more than 200bhp=170whp/2200 lb car=quick. dont need a lot of power to go and beat some stock mustang gts. you=dumb noob. eat a cock and stay out of my thread.

here is an old as dirt video of the car when i was only making 140whp.
http://videos.streetfire.net/search/swapped+crx/0/wm/891cf173-2275-44dd-b787-989e00da8b84.htm

obear
04-05-2007, 04:55 PM
i'd run that car into the ground with a car that weighs more than it and i bet it wouldnt beat a stock camaro

Stormhammer
04-05-2007, 04:57 PM
i'd run that car into the ground with a car that weighs more than it and i bet it wouldnt beat a stock camaro

lol who the fuck cares - you dont see me going aroudn bragging about how a Starion beat a nitroused cammed LS1 Camaro do you?

ksniperfox
04-05-2007, 09:45 PM
keep in mind im making significantly more power than that video...and,

with 'a' car? is it even yours? do you even have a car? stop racing your keyboard and stick to dicklicking, its the only thing you're good at. i never said my car was the fastest crx in the world...what a moron. you have got to be one of the stupidest assfucks ive ever seen on IA. piss off. get banned. go kill yourself. then kill your children to prevent stupid people from reproducing.

ksniperfox
04-08-2007, 10:48 PM
bump, drove it to mcdonalds today cause i miss driving it, had no problems. other than that this car stays in my garage.

tried and true autotrader because it works. someones coming from far away to look at it tomorrow and theyre offering less than 3k. i will accept it too cause im moving on to bigger and better things. point is, make an offer. anything reasonable wont be refused.

pedrobabone
04-09-2007, 11:30 AM
Bump for a cool dude and a clean fast car. seen it in person and have riden in it.

ksniperfox
04-10-2007, 07:15 PM
sold

after i took it for one final drive :D