PDA

View Full Version : which should i choose

Tuner_13BFC
03-25-2007, 08:36 PM
ok here is what i have got i have a 1987 RX7 N/A 6 port and i am building my exhaust for it ( i am starting with a cat back for now runing a single pipe out driver side with just a resonator and a muffler) but i can not make up my mind on which muffler to use i have heard about RB and Bonez and CORKSport but wanted to know about any other possible options i have been looking at borla and magnaflow for their nice low tone now i know that their is no point in makeing a rotary quiet but i just don't want to have afart can on the back of my car.

thanks for the help

Five*Star*
03-25-2007, 11:21 PM
Rotaries are very loud and are pretty tough on mufflers because of all the heat they produce. I would get a muffler designed for rotaries or some thing good quality... like Borla.

Doppelgänger
03-26-2007, 08:08 AM
the Apexi N1 holds up pretty well, and since you're car isnt turbo... it wont be an issue of blowing it out.

I would put the muffler out the pass side... it distributes weight a little better... like relocating the battery to the pass. rear of the car.

If i were you, i'd get a RB header, it'll make a bigger difference then any other pary of the exhaust. Also, the RB mufflers are very nice..and have a great sound.

BTW, any RX7 looks good with a large canister properly hanging out the rear bumper :goodjob: