PDA

View Full Version : Cut Hours, pay stubs, wtf ????

Slowboy
03-23-2007, 08:01 AM
Okay so i been working this job i have now for 2.5 years. Thats a long time for me. at 40 hours a week. Well last week they randomly told me they dont need my help so cut me down to 24 hours. I found out from a co worker that they hired another person to work the days im not here. Im like wait i thought they did not need any help. Anyway today my manager hands me my check and i ask for a pay stub she says what do you mean. I was like you know the peice of paper i should get with every check that says my hours, my pay taxes and all. She says they dont have one, and she can write it all out for me. Well i dont clock in never have we dont have that machine. I just come in and work. and leave 8 hours days. Take in my its a small business. the owner the manager me and another girl. Yes i pay my taxes and all that crap.

Normally people get there hours cut. So they get the picture and just quit i dont want to quit i have no reason to. I would rather get fired and get unemployment checks. Now i also heard if you worked full time for so long and they for no reason cut your hours in half. You can go for partial un employment. To make up for what your not getting paid anymore. I dont really want to go that route.But i have to do what i gotta do. And they are doin me wrong. Keeping shit behind my back. acting shady and what not. Making me want to quit but im goin to hold my ground. And just do my job. Until they decide to fire me.

You guys got and suggestions,

Slowboy
03-23-2007, 08:23 AM
So i get my "pay stub" and its a peice of notebook paper with pen writing. HAHA.

Kelly
03-23-2007, 08:42 AM
What kind of job is it? j/w

Brett
03-23-2007, 08:48 AM
Burn down the building, then they have to let you file unemployment :D

thinkfast®
03-23-2007, 08:48 AM
YEA MAN WHAT KINDA CIRCUS IS THIS

WHATTA CLOWN MAN, DO YOU GUYS HAVE JUGGLING BEARS WEARIN TUTUS ON UNICYCLES?? GEEZ

Slowboy
03-23-2007, 08:52 AM
HAHA We sale Pest control Supplies to the peoples. Professional grade stuff. I am the main shipper for our websites.

RandomGuy
03-23-2007, 09:00 AM
find another job, and leave there without notice. just dont show up... if they call tell them "i'm almost there"

Slowboy
03-23-2007, 09:04 AM
^^^naw i dont want to , Well i would like to do that but dont want to. I got another job already for the hours i dont work here. I make more money and its under the table for the time being. So if they were to go ahead and let me go. Which there having a hard time doin. i Get unemployment. which i think is $325 a week. Damn good money on top of my new job.

JennB
03-23-2007, 09:14 AM
If they do let you go, get a letter of separation that states your hours were cut because they didn't have enough business. If you are fired for performance, you will not get unemployment.

Not giving out pay stubs is very odd.

Slowboy
03-23-2007, 09:23 AM
So i talked to my boss and the reason my hours are cut is be cause im not consistant. I can be great for weeks,months. and then randomly be late and slack. Usually when i got alot goin on but i still do what i gotta do. IF im 10 15 minutes late. or what not. But yeah thats why and now im part time and he will only hire part time. my pay check this week was for 17.5 hours wtf.

Slowboy
03-23-2007, 09:28 AM
And also If i did get unemployment checks. Would this be bad down the road. Like kill my tax refund or make me pay more taxes. ?>??

thinkfast®
03-23-2007, 09:38 AM
NO BECUZ YOU WOULD BE TAXED ON YOUR UNEMPLOYMENT HOMEY.. SHIT AINT NO FREE RIDE LOL

RandomGuy
03-23-2007, 09:40 AM
SHIT AINT NO FREE RIDE LOL
aaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahhah :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Slowboy
03-23-2007, 09:43 AM
Yeah man, I figured it would be something like that. Shit i dont know bout none of that shit never had to fill for probably wont though cause i have a feeeling they will put up a fight. He said he doesnt and wont fire me. but 17 hours a weeks is a waste of time. For a slack check.

Julio
03-23-2007, 10:00 AM
So you part time then to begin with ? If so, You shouldnt be complaining about your Hours.
Even though ga is "WILL" state.. there are some laws they should be careful with as far as messing with people's pay and hours.. If you think they dont want to give you a paystub due to the fact that they are cheating you hours.. theres a problem.

But, since you were PT to begin with, honestly, I wouldnt complain. Now, If they do fire you or you quit whatever it is..
You can collect unemployment if they have no proof of your performance, like written documentation or something.. a Separation notice is not really needed to get unemployment.. some places dont even give them out.

Believe me man, If they dont have some sort of documentation/proof where you and the employer both sign... they are screwed with the unemployment office and you will get your money. But, thats if they decide to fight your case. If they dont, even easier for you.

JennB
03-23-2007, 10:07 AM
I take care of the unemployment claims for my office and I have never had to provide proof of performance. I just give a verbal statement to the unemployment officer and they use that to determine if the person will get benefits or not.

I suggest a letter of separation because they have always taken my word, not the former employee's. We just denied a claim about 2 months ago actually, guy did a bad job, I told the officer and he got nothing. If he had had a letter of separation (well, if he didn't do a shitty job) he would have been given benefits but because I told them he did a bad job, he got nothing. I've been in charge of the unemployment claims the entire 4 years I've been with this company and the 3 years I worked in SC. I'm the company accountant but I always get stuck with legal and sensitive financial stuff since we don't have an actual HR person.

Even if they say they need written proof, I've never once encountered that in my actual work. We all know what the gov. says and what the gov. does are rarely the same.

I'm just speaking from what I've experienced in actually dealing with claims.

Slowboy
03-23-2007, 10:16 AM
Julio i think you got me wrong. I been working full time 40 hours a week for 2.5 years. This is my first week working part time.

jennb i dont have any papers saying ive done bad work. My boss even said i do good work. But my random once a month being late thing or every couple months, he cant stand i understand and its his pet peive. He said he's not goin to fire me. But damn I cant work on 17 hours a week and make it. I dont think anyone can.

The sad thing is i really have enjoyed my job. I care bout the company and how much money it makes. After hours I tell people bout us. and help others. When i randomly hear someone talk about there problems or whatever. Honestly my moral for my job has gone down bout 75% in the last week. You know what i mean.

Slowboy
03-23-2007, 10:20 AM
Now what if i just dont come back after lunch. I would not be able to file un employment would I. Or what if they fired me. Like they call me and say lol were you at man. and like randomguy said. just tell them almost there. and if they fire me. there would be no signing of anything. So then could i file unemployment.

I just feel like i really was done wrong. 2.5 years of caring for the company and then i get slapped in the face with this shit.

JennB
03-23-2007, 10:20 AM
Move on and learn from it. No sense in hanging on to a job because you like the people if it doesn't pay the bills. I left my last job, which I loved, because a much better one came along. You have to go with it and do better for yourself.

Slowboy
03-23-2007, 10:44 AM
yeah i mean he said he would not put me back on full. So i guess i aint coming back after lunch.

JennB
03-23-2007, 10:47 AM
I wouldn't be irresponsible about it. You may need them as a reference for future jobs.

2.0civic
03-23-2007, 10:54 AM
just curious cause i know my boss doesnt care but are you on IA all day at your job lol? thats besides the point

if they think you are doing a shitty job, that may be why they hired the other person so they could train while they still had you and if the other did better, cut your ass....

go ahead and find something else and cut your losses...unemployment is the easy way out and a bitch move IMO UNLESS you are hurt and seriously cant find another job

Slowboy
03-23-2007, 01:18 PM
Okay Yeah im on IA alot but The winter times were not to busy were just now starting to pick up. And this is the worst time to have to train someone. I check my orders when i come in, during the morning pack them up ship them. And then stock whatever needs to be stocked and sit on the computer and wait for more orders. if a customer walks in I usually help them.phone rings same thing. but when im packing stuff thats all i do i dont do anything else.And during the summer time thats all i have time for. so i am usually not on the computer when we get busy. yeah i dont want to do unemployment but shit thats more money. on top of my new job. Which im working on the days im not here. If i wanted i could keep both if he truely doesnt fire me.

Julio
03-23-2007, 04:00 PM
Julio i think you got me wrong. I been working full time 40 hours a week for 2.5 years. This is my first week working part time.

My bad, I guess I took this the wrong way..

""
he will only hire part time "

Well start looking for something else.

:D

Julio
03-23-2007, 04:15 PM
I take care of the unemployment claims for my office and I have never had to provide proof of performance. I just give a verbal statement to the unemployment officer and they use that to determine if the person will get benefits or not.

I suggest a letter of separation because they have always taken my word, not the former employee's. We just denied a claim about 2 months ago actually, guy did a bad job, I told the officer and he got nothing. If he had had a letter of separation (well, if he didn't do a shitty job) he would have been given benefits but because I told them he did a bad job, he got nothing. I've been in charge of the unemployment claims the entire 4 years I've been with this company and the 3 years I worked in SC. I'm the company accountant but I always get stuck with legal and sensitive financial stuff since we don't have an actual HR person.

Even if they say they need written proof, I've never once encountered that in my actual work. We all know what the gov. says and what the gov. does are rarely the same.

I'm just speaking from what I've experienced in actually dealing with claims.

So when the unemployment people call you , they dont ask you

" Do you have any sort of documention or training papers on this employee "

Im guessing, if they ask you, you say NO.. and then, I guess you been lucky and win the hearings" But thats if they ask you. I know they have asked me in 45 hearings.

I always say yeah and fax them the paperwork, after they review everything, they fax me a letter with the date of the hearing. Always done it over the phone with me and the employee trying to get unemployment.
If you are terminating someone and have proper documentation it makes everything so much easier.
And in some cases the terminated employee is screw, due to the fact that in some cases they start collecting unemployment until the hearing date.. and if they loose, they have to pay it back.

I'm responsible for taking care of the hearings at my Job for the locations I operate and the people I let go or terminate if they decide to go to the unemployment office. Unfortunatly I have terminated 60 + People in 6 years and been in hearings 45 times and Lost 1.. My 1st one. hahaha.

So you been lucky.

I deal with claims to. ;) :D

Julio
03-23-2007, 04:18 PM
BTW.. Honestly, I dont know why people go for unemployment especially in GA.. so many jobs...

Wurm
03-23-2007, 04:21 PM
maybe if u worked harder u wouldnt get canned

you lose thanks for playing who wants a good job

Slowboy
03-23-2007, 04:28 PM
see thats the thing i do everything i have to do and more. But because im late randomly every month or so. This is all happening I realized i done wrong in that department. But 98% of the time im about 25 minutes early everyday.

§treet_§peed
03-23-2007, 05:18 PM
don't feel bad yo Sams club does the same thing to all employees cept for the highest 5 people... everyone else including salried people only get a max of 35 hours or equaled amount of 35 hour pay if you salaried.. shit is lame.. and part time is only allowed to get 25 hours a week and no more.. if we get more then we get cut off and they say goi home or goodbye seen it happen to three people already.. i'm out in about 4 more weeks tho

Slowboy
03-24-2007, 04:39 PM
yeah but thats sams club. See its fucked up cause the owner. wants me to work more. to get paid more. The manager is a little bitch and it seems that he follows what she says. Ther were only 4 people working here. MY the owner, the manager, and then I have a helper that has been working part time for over a year now. she goes to school. It takes about a year to be close to fully trained. i mean shit im still learning things. Theres always something new happening. But I do great at my job. i enjoy it. but i fuck up and be late about once a month. Usually cause im hung over or come back in town and had to work in 3 hours.

babowc
03-24-2007, 07:35 PM
damn..
i should be thankful my boss isnt firing me..
i'm late atleast 5 mins everyday..

my boss just bitches at me and thats it..
btw, i work @ cingular wireless.. i sit on my ass all day cuz we're so slow lately :(

Slowboy
03-25-2007, 12:24 AM
yeah i mean ive been doin alot of sittin on my ass. but its pest control and the winter time is and always slow.

buffdaddy18
03-25-2007, 07:38 AM
just find another job, and go work there. end of problem. seems to me like you are making things worse for yourself by trying to hang around, worry about what they are doing, worrying about getting enemployment checks, and all this other shit. Just go get another job, then quit this one.