PDA

View Full Version : Weight reduction question

Z32redondo
03-23-2007, 12:50 AM
How much can weight redustion take off of 1/4 mile times? Say you were to take off 500 lbs. Could this make a significant difference in 1/4 miles? Say like .5 seconds or maybe more.

Frög
03-23-2007, 01:09 AM
^^ is that a question? or a statement, you kinda answered it yourself..

but ya roughly .1 secs per 100lbs..

CSquared
03-23-2007, 01:33 AM

yeah i've heard the same... but unsprung and/or rotational weight will make a larger difference... That includes flywheel, driveshaft, wheels, tires, and so on... That is what i would concentrate on.

§treet_§peed
03-23-2007, 04:59 PM
True.. and setting your car up for drag has alot to do with it as well...

Z32redondo
03-24-2007, 01:22 AM

It was just something I was rolling around in my head. I was thinking of getting a wide body kit from Z1 and on the convertible that is like 40% of the car that would need to be painted. I also need a new front bumper. So what I was thinking is going ahead and getting the wide body, and bumper along with a carbon fiber hood (OEM most likely, as long as it isnt too ricey looking), and replacing the front fenders with some fiberglass ones. I really want to change the color of the car to black so that is the reason of wanting to go ahead and buy everything at once because that is all like 85% of the car. All that would be left is doors and the trunk. The rst od the car would be black and the hood would just be CF.

But I would also need some new rims for the wide kit so ya. Was really just pondering crap in my head while I was bored.