PDA

View Full Version : blown sound card?

RandomGuy
03-23-2007, 12:33 AM
i dont know if i blew it or what ... but my speakers had 0 volume this morning... probably after the way i do my alarm ...

i set the time and play an MP3 on full blast bc i have serious problems waking up... well not waking up... but actually getting up to do whatever i have to do...

so any how i just checked the plugs , everythings good... so then i go to volume control... on max volume i click it and you know how windows gives you a little "beep" its barely audible....

so i go down to about 25% and i hear a louder beep... i'm like wtf... so i go to 75% hear nothing... go to like 35% the beep gets louder.... kep going until like 40% and anything after 40% is barely audible

wonder what coulda happened?

its an nvidia nforce Soundstorm audio controller

Stormhammer
03-23-2007, 01:58 AM
eh, try plugging in some headphones/different speakers first and try it out

RandomGuy
03-23-2007, 09:03 AM
eh, try plugging in some headphones/different speakers first and try it out
that I did..

same problem

RandomGuy
03-23-2007, 09:30 AM
if i move the volume up even slightly past what its at right now... it just turns practically off... seems more software than anything since its so clean cut

well if i go into speaker volume and try to put the volume up on my headphones like the left ear... if i move it up even a little, the left headphone would go unhearable