PDA

View Full Version : So when i get my DL's back....

§treet_§peed
03-22-2007, 08:34 PM
yeah in like three weeks i'm getting them back.. plans are same day i'm heading to Vihns Body shop to get a couple of things done and i'll be hanging out with Casey (Halfwit) and prolly PMS that night.. i wanna find some fun things to do taht weekend.. i wouldn't mind going on a small mountain run on like sunday or something.. but yeah so who wants to do what that weekend? it will be 4/16/2007:D lol

BKgen®
03-22-2007, 09:19 PM
"Them"? You say that like the word "license" is plural. Do you walk around with 2 or 3 separate "license" in your wallet? Does that mean the singular form is a driver's licen?
Why do so many people refer to their License as "them"?

Tell me which sentence sounds right:
a) i'm taking a test to get a driver's license today. I hope i get it.
or b) i've got a driver's license in my wallet. i never leave home without them.

i would hope that most of you picked A.
When you get a marriage license, it's just that: A license.
It's the same with A business license, A license to sell alcohol, or even A license to kill.

i hear it every day.
After a while of hearing it said incorrectly, i figured it was just a southern thing... but i recently heard my stepdad say it, and he's from NY.

sorry to break your balls, it's not just you. Don't take it the wrong way, i'll even rep you for compensation if you want.
I realize by posting this, i'm probably coming across as a complete douche and grammar/spelling nazi, but i'm not. Anyone who wants to come in and shower me with haterade, don't bother, because you know i'm right.
I'm not being an ass... i'm just asking what your reasoning is.

bigdare23
03-22-2007, 09:36 PM
"Them"? You say that like the word "license" is plural. Do you walk around with 2 or 3 separate "license" in your wallet? Does that mean the singular form is a driver's licen?

or b) i've got a driver's license in my wallet. i never leave home without them.

It's the same with A business license, A license to sell alcohol, or even A license to kill.

i hear it every day.
After a while of hearing it said incorrectly, i figured it was just a southern thing... but i recently heard my stepdad say it, and he's from NY.

sorry to break your balls, it's not just you. Don't take it the wrong way, i'll even rep you for compensation if you want.
I realize by posting this, i'm probably coming across as a complete douche and grammar/spelling nazi, but i'm not. Anyone who wants to come in and shower me with haterade, don't bother, because you know i'm right.

EXIT THAT WAY
----------------------------------------------------------->

Fuck grammer! If you can understand it, why nag? {shake head at people trying to be 1st grade teachers on the damn internet}

EvasiveEF9
03-22-2007, 09:38 PM

i hear it every day.

Are you serious? I've never really noticed people saying it... Maybe I just haven't paid attention. But I've always said "I have my license"

EvasiveEF9
03-22-2007, 09:39 PM
EXIT THAT WAY
----------------------------------------------------------->

Fuck grammer! If you can understand it, why nag? {shake head at people trying to be 1st grade teachers on the damn internet}
No, he wasn't trying to be a dick. He even told the guy. Grammer I guess is just this guy's boiling point. Sometimes, grammer get to me.

For example, if I ask how you're doing, and yous ay "Good" I get peaved. I won't say anything to you, but the correct answer is "Well." "I'm doing well."

bigdare23
03-22-2007, 09:43 PM
No, he wasn't trying to be a dick. He even told the guy. Grammer I guess is just this guy's boiling point. Sometimes, grammer get to me.

For example, if I ask how you're doing, and yous ay "Good" I get peaved. I won't say anything to you, but the correct answer is "Well." "I'm doing well."

This is the damn internet! How I type on this forum is totally different then the way I type my papers. This is for fun, so you dont have to be on your pee's and que's! Thats the point I'm trying to make. If you couldnt understand a damn word he wrote, it would be a different story.

And you need to loosen up on that well and good thing LOL

RandomGuy
03-22-2007, 09:45 PM

you spelled grammar wrong

OMFG OMF GOMFG OMFG OMF OMFGO MFOGMFOMGOFM OMFOMGOFM OGMFOGMFOMGOMOMFGOMF G i'm highly offended

BKgen®
03-22-2007, 09:46 PM

lol no.
i'm just stating a fact.

bigdare23
03-22-2007, 09:46 PM

OMFG OMF GOMFG OMFG OMF OMFGO MFOGMFOMGOFM OMFOMGOFM OGMFOGMFOMGOMOMFGOMF G i'm highly offended

:lmfao: {realized I spelled it wrong too.....................................FUCK IT :lmfao: }

Hektik
03-22-2007, 09:48 PM

BAAAWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

I didnt want to say anything. wouldnt want to be labeled as a grammar nazi...

BKgen®
03-22-2007, 09:53 PM
This is the damn internet! How I type on this forum is totally different then the way I type my papers. This is for fun, so you dont have to be on your pee's and que's! Thats the point I'm trying to make. If you couldnt understand a damn word he wrote, it would be a different story.

i agree...

But do you refer to your license as "them"?

bigdare23
03-22-2007, 09:54 PM
i agree...

But do you refer to your license as "them"?

Talking, honestly I dont know. Writing nope

BKgen®
03-22-2007, 09:59 PM
Talking, honestly I dont know. Writing nope

Exactly. This isn't an statement about general spelling or grammar on a damn internet forum. It's only about the driver's license thing... nothing else.

bigdare23
03-22-2007, 10:02 PM
Exactly. This isn't an statement about general spelling or grammar on a damn internet forum. It's only about the driver's license thing... nothing else.

I still dont see why you wasted typing 14 lines because someone referred to a driver license as if it was plural.

BKgen®
03-22-2007, 10:13 PM
I still dont see why you wasted typing 14 lines because someone referred to a driver license as if it was plural.

it's not just him. most people this forum probably say it.

you go through over a decade of school to learn how to use the english language correctly.

prove it.

EvasiveEF9
03-22-2007, 11:13 PM

It's "Than the way I type..."
It would be "P's and q's"

LoL, just being a dick, now, LoL

LoL, you have NO idea how many times I fuck that word up. I ALWAYS use an E instead of an A. The word's been fooling me for about 3 years now. I fuckin' hate that word!

Hektik
03-22-2007, 11:16 PM
thats cool tho cause my entire life i have spelled beacuse... i know its spelled because but there is no way to make my hand type or write it that way... every fucking time i have to go back and correct it...

EvasiveEF9
03-22-2007, 11:20 PM
thats cool tho cause my entire life i have spelled beacuse... i know its spelled because but there is no way to make my hand type or write it that way... every fucking time i have to go back and correct it...
LoL, nice. For some reason..."my" usually comes out as "me" for some reason. Not sure why...

d1esel12
03-23-2007, 01:32 PM
well besides this "grammar class session" in here.. good luck, dude.

Sol-Badguy
03-23-2007, 01:46 PM
I've always wondered why the hell people use plural when referring to their license.

When mine got suspended, everyone was asking me, "Did they take 'em?"
I'd say, "Sure, they took it."

Oh well. Have fun.

BKgen®
03-23-2007, 02:25 PM
I've always wondered why the hell people use plural when referring to their license.

When mine got suspended, everyone was asking me, "Did they take 'em?"
I'd say, "Sure, they took it."

Oh well. Have fun.

:werd:

itsjustdee
03-23-2007, 02:28 PM
yeah in like three weeks i'm getting them back.. plans are same day i'm heading to Vihns Body shop to get a couple of things done and i'll be hanging out with Casey (Halfwit) and prolly PMS that night.. i wanna find some fun things to do taht weekend.. i wouldn't mind going on a small mountain run on like sunday or something.. but yeah so who wants to do what that weekend? it will be 4/16/2007:D lol

LETS GO DRINKING AND GET SHITTY DRUNK. :yes:

HeLLo iM iZzY
03-23-2007, 02:50 PM
THREAD JACKED.

Ran
03-23-2007, 03:07 PM
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e85/ftby24/Smilies/remoteImage-81.gif

§treet_§peed
03-23-2007, 04:45 PM
^^ i know right lol.. but yeah i would like to get drunk eh hell i would love to just drive all weekend straight with no sleep just lots of coffe and red bull lol.. can't say smoking now cause i quit a week ago hopefully for good.. i was just like fuck it no more and have touched one since... even threw like 4 packs in the trash cause nobody at my house smoke anymore either

§treet_§peed
03-23-2007, 05:36 PM
but yeah if you understood where i went to school at my entire life then you would understand my country/redneck slang... also i'll have new wheels conversion almost complete lacking only the hood and and new dericed paint job.. shortly after getting my dl's back i will have my car lowered to fit my new wh33ls i am getting in a week

Crazy Asian
03-23-2007, 06:17 PM
That's what you get for having a R33 Skyline and going 150 mph on the freeway damn crazy redneck.

BKgen®
03-23-2007, 07:00 PM
but yeah if you understood where i went to school at my entire life then you would understand my country/redneck slang... also i'll have new wheels conversion almost complete lacking only the hood and and new dericed paint job.. shortly after getting my dl's back i will have my car lowered to fit my new wh33ls i am getting in a week

i believe you, but it's not a country thing, nor a redneck thing, nor a slang thing. it's just a thing that anybody says.

sorry for the thread jack. just had to get it off my chest.

§treet_§peed
03-23-2007, 11:45 PM
That's what you get for having a R33 Skyline and going 150 mph on the freeway damn crazy redneck. BWHAHAHAHA :lmfao: i remember that night taht was the night i meet you taht shit was fun as fuck yo :D all i know is it was in kmph and it stopped at like 220 and it stayed buried past that the whole time we were on the interstate lol

§treet_§peed
03-25-2007, 10:20 PM
Bump.. now it is only 18 days and 38 minutes until i can drive legal again!!!! :D check out my myspace page i have a coutdown going lol

LS2ner
03-26-2007, 12:38 AM
BWHAHAHAHA :lmfao: i remember that night taht was the night i meet you taht shit was fun as fuck yo :D all i know is it was in kmph and it stopped at like 220 and it stayed buried past that the whole time we were on the interstate lol

So im confused... you drove a skyline or u rode in a skyline? Whose was it?

§treet_§peed
03-26-2007, 09:58 PM
^^ lol sorta both..:D

§treet_§peed
03-26-2007, 10:58 PM
Keebler

§treet_§peed
04-04-2007, 01:33 AM
anyways 9 days left PUTOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keebs šæš
04-04-2007, 08:05 PM
lol, ya that was a fun night. I think that was when we all met up to go to the Megamaxx show? Anyways, good times meeting everyone :P

§treet_§peed
04-04-2007, 08:09 PM
^ it was and it was most defianetly good times!! 8 DAYs left BITCHES!!!!!!!

§treet_§peed
04-08-2007, 01:58 PM
5 DAYS!!!!!! :D

§treet_§peed
04-09-2007, 09:58 PM
4 days well actually might as well be 3..:D

§treet_§peed
04-11-2007, 08:02 AM
2 Days PUTO'S!!! FTP!!!!!!!!!!!

§treet_§peed
04-12-2007, 07:58 PM
LESS THAN 12 HOURS MOTHER BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Shift+1!!!111111!!!!11111S HIFTPLUSONE!!!!!!

Halfwit
04-12-2007, 08:11 PM
damn...all drivers beware.

§treet_§peed
04-12-2007, 08:19 PM
HAHA FUCK YOU CASEY!!!!

Mr_Mischif
04-12-2007, 09:23 PM
I can see the tire smoke and police lights now.

§treet_§peed
04-13-2007, 05:31 AM
HA FUCK YOU TOO!!!!!

§treet_§peed
04-13-2007, 11:31 AM
DAMN IT FEELS GOOD TO DRIVE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!:D