PDA

View Full Version : When is it OK for a man to hit a woman???

Jaimecbr900
03-22-2007, 10:57 AM
Certainly NOT in this case:

http://home.bellsouth.net/s/editorial.dll?bfromind=7815&eeid=5146673&_sitecat=1522&dcatid=0&eetype=article&render=y&ac=-2&ck=&ch=ne

I saw the video last night on the news and this guy needs to be beaten himself.

If you can't see the link, here is what it says:

Camera Catches Officer Beating Bartender
Published: 3/22/07, 7:25 AM EDT

CHICAGO (AP) - An off-duty police officer in street clothes was caught on video by a bar surveillance camera beating up a female bartender half his size, authorities said.

Anthony Abbate, a 12-year veteran of the Chicago force, was charged with aggravated battery and placed on leave pending an internal investigation in the attack Feb. 19 as several bystanders watched, department spokeswoman Monique Bond said Wednesday. She said Abbate is expected to be fired.

The video from Jessie's Short Stop Inn Tavern, shown on television around the nation, shows the 250-pound Abbate shouting at the 115-pound bartender, then walking behind the bar and punching, kicking and throwing her to the ground.

The woman, whose name authorities haven't released, suffered bruises to her head, neck, back and lower body. Her attorney, Terry Ekl, did not immediately return a call Wednesday. He told WFLD-TV that the attack began after the bartender refused to serve Abbate.

Prosecutors say the bartender tried to stop him from attacking another patron. Abbate chased the patron behind the bar, at one point wielding a chair, according to Tandra Simonton, a spokeswoman for the Cook County state's attorney's office.

Abbate, 38, was arrested Tuesday night at his home. Bond said authorities were notified of the incident on Feb. 21 but were unable to locate Abbate until mid-March.

He was held on $70,000 bond Wednesday. Abbate's lawyer, William Fahey, did not return calls seeking comment. He told the Chicago Tribune that his client had completed a substance abuse treatment program and had never been disciplined since joining the police department in 1994.

Discuss.

05Tib
03-22-2007, 11:02 AM
ok so he kicked her ass and everyone watched??? no1 wanted to help. Call me old school but its never right to hit a woman. Never, if they are whooping ur ass then take it like a man, walk away, run away, w/e u got to do. U running away from a fight with a woman wont look nearly as bad as when u get called out for beating one up

BTLFED
03-22-2007, 11:02 AM
WTF was that guy thinking?! He needs the shit kicked out of him!

BTLFED
03-22-2007, 11:04 AM
ok so he kicked her ass and everyone watched??? no1 wanted to help. Call me old school but its never right to hit a woman. Never, if they are whooping ur ass then take it like a man, walk away, run away, w/e u got to do. U running away from a fight with a woman wont look nearly as bad as when u get called out for beating one up

I agree completely. :goodjob:

thinkfast®
SOON AS A WOMAN CLENCHES HER FIST UP TO SWING AT ME, I TRY AND RETAIN HER. IF THAT DONT WORK THEN GOD HELP HER, I DONT CARE WHO IT IS YOU AINT SWINGIN AT ME FOR FREE, THATS FOR DAMN SURE

AtifSajid
Wheres the video..

I will not hit a female unless she strikes me first, if she pushes me I will push her back, if she kicks or punches me imma knock her ass out.

PhAtBoYMr2
03-22-2007, 11:10 AM
BITCH BETTER HAVE MY MONEY NEXT TIME AROUND

ironchef
03-22-2007, 11:11 AM
Wheres the video..

I will not hit a female unless she strikes me first, if she pushes me I will push her back, if she kicks or punches me imma knock her ass out.Concurred x 2, they all want to be treated as equals well my fist doesn't know genders haha.

thinkfast®
03-22-2007, 11:16 AM
MY FIST KNOWS NO BOUNDARIES LOL

ASK BiH'S MOTHER

MongolPup
03-22-2007, 11:20 AM
SOON AS A WOMAN CLENCHES HER FIST UP TO SWING AT ME, I TRY AND RETAIN HER. IF THAT DONT WORK THEN GOD HELP HER, I DONT CARE WHO IT IS YOU AINT SWINGIN AT ME FOR FREE, THATS FOR DAMN SURE

The question is what if she tries to shoot you? Do you skip step one and fire back or what?

CSquared
03-22-2007, 11:22 AM
The worst i'll do is restrain or push away if a woman is attacking me unless she really fucking rings my bell, and even then i'm not trying to knock anyone out.

Jaimecbr900
03-22-2007, 11:24 AM
Wheres the video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6E4OFEwyZs

Remember, the fight happened supposedly because she didn't want to SERVE him any more alcohol.

thinkfast®
03-22-2007, 11:25 AM
The question is what if she tries to shoot you? Do you skip step one and fire back or what?

FIRST OFF I DOUBT IT WOULD GET THAT FAR, BITCHES DONT GET OUTTA LINE LIKE THAT BECUZ THERES NO TURNIN BACK ONCE WE GO THERE.. SOMEBODY WOULD WALK OUTTA THERE PISTOL WHIPPED, AND I BET SHES GONNA HAVE LONG HAIR LOL

OH AND LADIES PLEASE DONT GET OFFENDED WHEN I USE BITCH, I ONLY DO THAT BECAUSE I DONT KNOW YA NAMES INDIVIDUALLY, LETS NOT GET SENSITIVE

CSquared
03-22-2007, 11:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6E4OFEwyZs

Remember, the fight happened supposedly because she didn't want to SERVE him any more alcohol.

Wow that is fucked... That dude was really teeing off on her... 6'1 250 lbs beating up on a 115lb woman...

Jaimecbr900
03-22-2007, 11:32 AM
Wow that is fucked... That dude was really teeing off on her... 6'1 250 lbs beating up on a 115lb woman...

Exactly. I know he'd just gotten in a fight and he was pumped up....BUT to hit that girl like that was totally uncalled for.

What really gets me is all the pussyfied MEN standing there WATCHING it. One wuss just picked up the phone and called somebody, probably 911. What a wuss. Freaking step in there and separate them you puss.

Guy needs his ass whupped good IMO.

81911SC
03-22-2007, 11:44 AM
When is it OK for a man to hit a woman???

Always.:goodjob:

Na, just playing I would just hold one back.

Infinite
03-22-2007, 11:51 AM
i am against hitting women. i'll try to restrain them, push back is pushed... but if she comes at me with all of her fury then she deserves the ass beating she is about to receive

Tasuki_Civic
03-22-2007, 02:11 PM
haha personally i think that shit is wrong to beat up on a female unless her ass is bigger than you and she beatin tha shit outta you like you a rag doll. then by all mean handle your biz. but if its a small shit especially like that chick in tha clip. you ought to get fucked in tha butt for touchin a female like that. period! lol read what some pple said about that shit.....i dont think has anything to do with race that person was being an ass about it. i just thought it was funny how these pple try to make a point about race and not making a valid point or truth in their opinion.

castaway
thats right jihanje its the white peoples fault that black men will beat their women and its the white peoples fault that african americans DO rob people more often then white people. If you don't like profiling, tell them to stop committing crimes dufus. RACE has nothing to do with it. ITS ALL IN YOUR MIND SET.

mag1608
fuck that guy, i hate cops, i hope that guy gets killed u dont do that to a girl, why did no1 in the bar stop it, prob cuz they were all his cop friends,
cops = fuckin pussies that hide behind a badge

jonesc12
jihanjae, that is probably the most ignorant thing I've ever read. Way to complain about stereotyping by generalizing an entire race yourself. Way to perpetuate racism.

shawnaroz73
Racism from anyone race is always sad. This man appears to be an animal with no self control. Many men and women of all races are unfortunately capable of acting like this.

jihanjae
Anglo-Americans are animals and cowards. Eventually their true natures reveal themselves. A 200+ cowardly animal attacks a 115 pounder and all the other cowards just stand there and watch. Anglos are always painting people of African descent as the problem element but eventually the truth is revealed (over a fucking beer no less)

uhvnetcougar
as long as your a girl

flyc
what kind of prison term would this man get if he was brown as the earth?

bigdare23
03-22-2007, 02:12 PM

:lmfao:

"bitch get off me"

Tasuki_Civic
03-22-2007, 02:12 PM
Exactly. I know he'd just gotten in a fight and he was pumped up....BUT to hit that girl like that was totally uncalled for.

What really gets me is all the pussyfied MEN standing there WATCHING it. One wuss just picked up the phone and called somebody, probably 911. What a wuss. Freaking step in there and separate them you puss.

Guy needs his ass whupped good IMO.

oh hell yea lol dat was pretty fucked up.

Brian*
03-22-2007, 02:16 PM
its never ok in my book... but thats just me

bigdare23
03-22-2007, 02:17 PM
I never hit a female (not including K-12), but if she's bigger than me I got to defend myself. Guys are in a no win sitution. Beat a bitch done, your a punk. Get your ass kick, you still a punk.

quickdodge®
03-22-2007, 04:37 PM

GODDAMN TRUTH!!!!!

Later, QD.

BTLFED
03-22-2007, 06:15 PM
WTF DOES RACE HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING?! IT'S A FUCKING WHITE GUY BEATING THE SHIT OUT OF A WHITE WOMAN!! THEY ARE THE SAME FUCKING RACE!! THIS HAS TO DO WITH A MAN HITTING A WOMAN, WHICH IS NEVER RIGHT, EVER!! GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK!

ahmonrah
03-22-2007, 06:24 PM
a man that hits a woman is no longer a man. a woman that incites a man to hit her has more ballz than necessary.....

either way, i will not lay a violent hand on a female.

but if she(anyone honestly) pulls a gun with the intent to use it? i'll cite preservation of life, skip steps 1-4 (argue, reason, walk away, grab her) and will ventilate her chest.....sorry.

ahmonrah
03-22-2007, 06:24 PM
u ok btlfed ??
breathe bruh.......breeeeeeeathee.....

BTLFED
03-22-2007, 06:34 PM
u ok btlfed ??
breathe bruh.......breeeeeeeathee.....

Sorry homie, but you know how I get about this race crap. It is unnecessary, ESPECIALLY in this thread. :cheers: