PDA

View Full Version : Misc Am I the only one that hates...

Nemesis
03-22-2007, 07:33 AM
Quentin Tarantino films?

I mean, I know there is a huge following of some of his stuff, or maybe all of it. But Ive seen almost all of them, and 90 percent of the time I cant even come close to finish watching it.

For example: Kill Bill was probably close to being alright for me but too fake. The Protector looked like a low budget dubbed japanese action movie. Sorry but thats my opinion. I can keep going on an on, but for the sake of low attention span IA'ers I wont.

Mike Lowrey
03-22-2007, 07:34 AM
Pulp Fiction FTW!

JoeyKazez
03-22-2007, 07:34 AM
That episode of CSI that he filmed SUCKED imo.

Protege79
03-22-2007, 07:45 AM
How could you not like Jackie Brown?

http://everythingtarantino.com/jackie_brown/header.jpg

:D

Killer
03-22-2007, 10:09 AM
some of them are great.. others blow... i think its either a hit or miss with his movies..

and no the csi he did was awesome....

happyhooder
03-22-2007, 10:16 AM
the protector he brung over from thailand... saw it before he released it to the states a year before... and they cut some scenes out and the translation was off on some of the scenes...

it's not the best movie, but the fighting scenes were good...

ubers2k
03-22-2007, 11:00 AM
some of his movies were alright, like Hostel (yes, he did help) and Pulp Fiction. I did just see previews for his next movie "Grindhouse" and I really don't know what to say... it looks too absurd to really be a good movie.

HyPer50
03-22-2007, 11:03 AM
Resevoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, Jackie Brown, all rock. I haven't seen hostel or protector so I dunno about those, but in general Tarantino rocks.

CSquared
03-22-2007, 11:18 AM
He is def a sick fuck but his makes his movies interesting to watch. I've liked every one i've seen and can only imagine what happened to that warped m'f in his childhood.

Hulud
03-22-2007, 12:50 PM
some of his movies were alright, like Hostel (yes, he did help) and Pulp Fiction. I did just see previews for his next movie "Grindhouse" and I really don't know what to say... it looks too absurd to really be a good movie.
i wouldnt say he really did anything when it came to Hostel

he was the exec. producer, and as my uncle puts it (hes an exec producer for tv shows) exec producers just sit there and take all the credit LOL

Ran
03-22-2007, 01:28 PM
Pulp Fiction was pretty cool I thought. I was able to stand Kill Bill but everything else I've seen from him has sucked ballz.

OneSlow5pt0
03-22-2007, 02:19 PM
new one dosent look good,but Pulp fiction,Resivor Dogs,Kill Bill and Dusk till Dawn all kicked ass,and not to mention all the Robert Rodrigez(sp) movies he helped on

ironchef
03-22-2007, 03:21 PM
The protector is one of the best martial arts movies IMO, Tony Jaa is a badass. But quentin didn't have anything to do with that movie besides slapping his name on it.

GTScoob
03-22-2007, 05:49 PM
I like most of his stuff. Kill Bill didnt impress me that much but Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction were good. Was The Protector the movie about the ninja who fights alongside the elephant? If so it had some kickass fight scenes but I didnt see the whole movie

ubers2k
03-23-2007, 01:14 AM
i wouldnt say he really did anything when it came to Hostel

he was the exec. producer, and as my uncle puts it (hes an exec producer for tv shows) exec producers just sit there and take all the credit LOL

True... I did notice a few props from Kill Bill used in Hostel though (i.e. severed ankle/tendons during the "surgeon" scene.)

Grindhouse looks lame as hell though... From Dusk till Dawn pissed me off in the way the vampires were portrayed, but overall it was alright. Pulp Fiction had it's moments as well, but I found so much humor out of it that I can no longer take any of his films seriously... the "dead nigger storage" bit from PF was great.

OneSlow5pt0
03-23-2007, 01:39 AM
well thats the thing about his movies,they are so werid and violent,but then their are funny parts,thats y i love his movies

Hektik
03-23-2007, 02:00 AM
I feel like i should be on some type of acid trip when i watch his movies just to understand them... hes out there for sure. but hes good at the type of films he does... i did like dusk till dawn, and the kill bill movies, and of course the pulp fiction. i might have to check out the csi one though..

sleepys4
03-23-2007, 02:05 AM
I really cant stand his movies, some far from realism, it doesn't make any sense. Hated kill bill, but i liked pulp fiction.

ShooterMcGavin
03-23-2007, 08:53 AM
whatta hater :gay:

ubers2k
03-23-2007, 10:49 AM
http://www.grindhousemovie.net/home.html?feature=undefined&id=undefined&rc=undefined

go look at the longer trailer for "Grindhouse"

devinwebb907
03-23-2007, 12:07 PM
if you think pulp fiction sucked, then your opinion does not matter and this thread is worthless

2.0civic
03-23-2007, 12:14 PM
HOLY FUCKING SHIT!! I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO HATED HIS MOVIES (except for pulp fiction and resevoir dogs, all his other shit sucks)

ShooterMcGavin
03-23-2007, 12:31 PM
if you think pulp fiction sucked, then your opinion does not matter and this thread is worthless
lol, repped

nx2000det
03-24-2007, 04:54 PM
its a close poll right now. some one should do something

:no: