PDA

View Full Version : Lowering a Toyota pickup

AZN_Pride
03-19-2007, 08:00 PM
I have a 93 toyota pickup and I am not quiet sure how to lower it. I know I need lowering leaf prings for the rear but what all do I need? I see crap about a lowering spindle and other crap and Im just like :???:. What are all the components needed?

redciv1
04-09-2007, 01:09 PM
Well, your particular model was very easy and cheap to lower because the front of the trucks have a torsion beam suspension. With a torsion beam suspension you just crank down on the torsion bars and they lower the front of the vehicle, but only about 3" max. Do not go below 3" with the torsion bars. If you do not want to go that right then either lowered springs or dropped spindles can be used. Spindles and springs can be from companies like Belltech etc. For the rear you can go with either lowering blocks or mono leaf springs. Lowering blocks are by far the most simple method. You simply insert lowering blocks in between your axles and leaf springs. Lowering blocks go from 1-3 inches in drop. Caution though, make sure you get blocks that account for pinion angle after the drop because this makes sure that there is not any stress on the driveshaft. You can also find mono, or 1 leaf springs out there. This is basically just 1 spring instead of 3-4 leaf springs. The mono leaf spring is dearched so that your truck sits lower without lowering blocks. Pick up a Mini-Truckin or even Truckin magazine. Lowering trucks is relatively inexpensive. Hope this helps. :goodjob:
P.S. Dont forgot about the shocks after lowering.