PDA

View Full Version : Any VW tuners in Cobb Co?

gab5
03-19-2007, 11:59 AM
I needed to find a good shop out here in Cobb Co. mainly to do a timing belt, but also to slap on a new suspension...does anyone know of anything around town that is reputable and not gonna cost me too much?? also have a bumper that needs to be painted and mounted any suggestions for that too? any help would be much appreciated..

EssAreTwenTee
03-19-2007, 12:32 PM
I needed to find a good shop out here in Cobb Co. mainly to do a timing belt, but also to slap on a new suspension...does anyone know of anything around town that is reputable and not gonna cost me too much?? also have a bumper that needs to be painted and mounted any suggestions for that too? any help would be much appreciated..

Buddy of mine found a guy in austell to put a water pump in his jetta. I havent had any work done by him personally but he only works on vws. Pm me if you want me to get his # for you.

Jecht
03-19-2007, 01:22 PM
Look for VW City in Marietta.

Julio
03-19-2007, 08:20 PM
Eurotech noob

4dmin
03-19-2007, 08:47 PM
EPG (eurotech) no doubt770.794.7240 talk to brian tell him importatlanta sent ya ;)

gab5
03-20-2007, 12:00 AM
Eurotech noob

i tried eurotech several times but havent been able to get thru...

maybe i can try again...anyone know where they are located???i could just drop by after work one of these days

thegreatfnr
03-20-2007, 07:49 AM
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3193958

Lee :cheers:

gab5
03-20-2007, 02:38 PM
Barry Palmer Auto is right off 120

www.barrypalmerauto.com (http://www.barrypalmerauto.com)

They do awesome work. They did my engine swap and alot of the other dub heads around town swear by their work. Mikey is awesome.

yea a friend of mine told me about this place near my school....are these the same guys as eurotech? or is eurotech different just around this same area??

thegreatfnr
03-20-2007, 04:29 PM

4dmin
03-20-2007, 04:54 PM
i tried eurotech several times but havent been able to get thru...

maybe i can try again...anyone know where they are located???i could just drop by after work one of these days

they are located right off of:

#12 Scott dr., Marietta,ga.30067

they just moved to this address they are right off of exit 263 on 75 ;)

and as far as work... one of their techs is from germany :goodjob: (you can't get more kraut then that - lol)

gab5
03-20-2007, 06:40 PM
they are located right off of:

#12 Scott dr., Marietta,ga.30067

they just moved to this address they are right off of exit 263 on 75 ;)

and as far as work... one of their techs is from germany :goodjob: (you can't get more kraut then that - lol)

hmmm... i may have to give them a shout tom. i tried calling the number they have listed but keep gettin an answering machine...

gab5
03-20-2007, 06:42 PM
these guys are different guys from EPG and they are in the same area :thinking:
Barry's shop is right behind NAPA on 120 west of 75. Acutally pull into the Napa parking lot and its behind the building next to a tractor shop.

Ive had work done at both. But I would go to barrypalmerauto first just becuase I know its gonna be worked on by mikey or barry. I dont know who or how good the techs are at EPG (im sure they are good but i dont know them)

You should see some of Barry's old race cars and Mikeys A2 Golf 16VG60, brain does have that rallye though :idb:

thanks for the tip i drove by today to see if i could spot it, might be tucked away behind napa + i drove by too fast..ill have to def check them out tomo

thegreatfnr
03-20-2007, 11:36 PM
thanks for the tip i drove by today to see if i could spot it, might be tucked away behind napa + i drove by too fast..ill have to def check them out tomo
yea its kinda hidding back there. The driveway there at napa blows too btw so if you have a low car good luck but its doable. my oil pan is like 3 inchs off the ground and i was ok.

dfishe19
03-21-2007, 12:01 AM
euro tech sucks, wanted 350 to install a air/fuel guage BYAH

gab5
03-21-2007, 12:03 AM
yea its kinda hidding back there. The driveway there at napa blows too btw so if you have a low car good luck but its doable. my oil pan is like 3 inchs off the ground and i was ok.

yea your right, i recall trying to manuver up the entryway when i had my prelude...that car had been kindly slammed so low my cell phone would not fit between the ground and the bottom of the mugen kit on it, f*ed up my front bumper trying to buy some damn tuner lugs from that napa...ended up having to spend a hole crap load more after that experience....:eek:..no worries though my b5 is 'floating' on stock springs for now....mainly one of the reasons for me to get intouch with these guys to see how much they'd charge for a suspension install

gab5
03-21-2007, 12:05 AM

hmmm would you say the quality of workmanship sucks or just their pricing?? ive heard some mixed feelings about this place...based on how they go about answering their phone or lack there-of (aka no answer/ straight to an answering machine) kinda makes me think twice about their work ethics :thinking:

gab5
03-21-2007, 12:16 AM
a bit off topic, but seems as though i have a red icon under my name?? i may have been flagged or shamed for trying to sell my rims...wtf mates? is that how this forum operates? on first strike you get flagged? no warning before deletion of a post? sorry i didnt fully read the rules on when and how you are allowed to post items for sale, let alone notice the classifieds, but dont think a red flag should have been issued or whatever for an honest mistake :???:...and if the admin is reading this please inform me on how i can get my 'cool points' back?? wasnt trying to hurt anybody's feelings here just trying to get rid of my wheels and possibly make a friend or two in the process...either way kinda perplexing...any insight?? :thinking::thinking:

4dmin
03-21-2007, 07:42 AM

they suck b/c they gave you a price for something you didn't like? eurotech sucks thats why you have to schedule appointments that are 2 weeks out :lmfao: ... eurotech is one of the most reputable shops in atlanta, how many shops do you know their owners give out his personal cars to his customers when they didn't reach a deadline? i do Brian from eurotech has tossed me the keys to both his GLI and the Rally before; i've been doing this a long time and NO other shop I have seen has done that ;)

Brian and the crew up at EPG are some of the best guys in atlanta to work with; i don't rock many sponsors in my personal sig but \/ EPG :cheers:

gab5
03-25-2007, 05:45 PM
they suck b/c they gave you a price for something you didn't like? eurotech sucks thats why you have to schedule appointments that are 2 weeks out :lmfao: ... eurotech is one of the most reputable shops in atlanta, how many shops do you know their owners give out his personal cars to his customers when they didn't reach a deadline? i do Brian from eurotech has tossed me the keys to both his GLI and the Rally before; i've been doing this a long time and NO other shop I have seen has done that ;)

Brian and the crew up at EPG are some of the best guys in atlanta to work with; i don't rock many sponsors in my personal sig but \/ EPG :cheers:

Whats up with eurotechs website? do they need another experienced web programmer like myself to finish it for them? is brian the owner of EPG? i should talk to them to see if i can contract this webdesign for them...:yes:

gab5
03-27-2007, 11:26 AM
aii here is the scoop...all three: VW city/ EPG/ BarryPalmer all quoted me the same price on the timing belt job....$800.. i went w/ Barry's cuz he could fit me in this week opposed to the VW city and EPG which could only sched me to drop the car off late next week...my car is in desperate need of some attention so i went ahead and decided to go w/ the Barry Palmer...

during the VAG scan he tells me i need a new coilpack, some new plugs, a new DV, and fuel pump, along with the timing belt kit that i had orignally planned on having done :thinking: Does this seem right that all this can go bad at the same time?? or is this guy trying to make some $$ off me?? either way im probaably gonna write it off as an expense but that money is still coming out of my pocket and wont be seen till next tax season...anyone have anything to say about barrypalmers shop i should worry about?? he seemed like a pretty honest guy but you never know these days...

thegreatfnr
03-27-2007, 02:03 PM
aii here is the scoop...all three: VW city/ EPG/ BarryPalmer all quoted me the same price on the timing belt job....$800.. i went w/ Barry's cuz he could fit me in this week opposed to the VW city and EPG which could only sched me to drop the car off late next week...my car is in desperate need of some attention so i went ahead and decided to go w/ the Barry Palmer...

during the VAG scan he tells me i need a new coilpack, some new plugs, a new DV, and fuel pump, along with the timing belt kit that i had orignally planned on having done :thinking: Does this seem right that all this can go bad at the same time?? or is this guy trying to make some $$ off me?? either way im probaably gonna write it off as an expense but that money is still coming out of my pocket and wont be seen till next tax season...anyone have anything to say about barrypalmers shop i should worry about?? he seemed like a pretty honest guy but you never know these days...

Look at my thread about my swap and I got a huge quote from him but most of it was parts so I saved about $1500 by buying my own parts from www.PAP-parts.com they had everything i needed.

Chuckster
03-27-2007, 10:22 PM
NO other shop I have seen has done that

Nalley has free loaner cars for every customer. :tongue1: :crazy:

4dmin
03-28-2007, 12:23 PM

is a loaner car the same as the OWNERS personal cars? no. and last time i checked Nalley didn't have a Rally Golf :no:

ironchef
03-28-2007, 05:49 PM

Brian and the crew up at EPG are some of the best guys in atlanta to work with; i don't rock many sponsors in my personal sig but \/ EPG :cheers:Do you think they'll do that for everyone though? I could see them doing it for you because of who you are, and how much exposure you give them. Not saying theyre a good or bad shop cause I've never been there. But would they do that for just any ole average joe?

Chuckster
03-28-2007, 07:27 PM
is a loaner car the same as the OWNERS personal cars? no. and last time i checked Nalley didn't have a Rally Golf :no:

alot of the time better then the owners car, blah!

4dmin
03-28-2007, 07:42 PM
Do you think they'll do that for everyone though? I could see them doing it for you because of who you are, and how much exposure you give them. Not saying theyre a good or bad shop cause I've never been there. But would they do that for just any ole average joe?

actually they have done it for quite a few customers... funny thing one day i'm out during the week off of jimmy carter at hooters and i see brians gli pull up... i'm like WTF someone stole his car :police: ... i call brian... what my car where is it? it is at hooters where w/ me... some cubby white kid is driving it w/ two other white guys w/ him... oh its john doe we have his ride here and are still working on it waiting for some more parts to come in :goodjob:

i'm friends w/ lots of shops and this is the only shop i have seen do this; which to me is pretty impressive b/c i highly doubt his insurance covers customer driving shop cars... let alone 5k in rims on that gli :no:

gab5
04-04-2007, 11:06 AM
He will be honest on what you need and will do a great job but ask what the prices on the parts he wants to install are. He will mark it up a good bit but he will do it with parts you provide if you wanna go that route.

Look at my thread about my swap and I got a huge quote from him but most of it was parts so I saved about $1500 by buying my own parts from www.PAP-parts.com (http://www.PAP-parts.com) they had everything i needed.

Well guys i got my car back last week..i did drop a bit of chedder..but man ill tell you what...my car is running stronger then it ever has...Mike(y?) sure does know his ish....whats funny is i see a guy wearing an EPG teeshirt gettin his 'Rado' worked on :thinking::thinking: kinda caught me offgaurd, i dunno if that guy worked for EPG or if he was a customer of theirs at one point and they gave him a shirt or what??...but i guess BarryPalmer and his son really know VW's either way...i should have asked the guy if he was from EPG that was standing there and whats up about their website..now i need to find someone to put in some springs/shocks/ and tackle the control arms while its all apart....but either way a good experience...thanks for the plug :cheers:

bustavdub97
06-27-2007, 11:28 PM
yeah barry palmer auto is great, i have had my car worked on a couple times there and there always done fast. Its on 120 loop, south Marietta pkwy, behind the napa

thegreatfnr
06-28-2007, 12:07 AM
yeah barry palmer auto is great, i have had my car worked on a couple times there and there always done fast. Its on 120 loop, south Marietta pkwy, behind the napa

:taun: :cussing:

koukis14
06-28-2007, 12:48 AM

No they don't

gab5
06-28-2007, 06:02 PM

yea word man i was fairly impressed with turnaround time....i wonder how much he would do a motor swap for???

on that note does anyone know of 2.7TT can be squeezed into my b5 passat? sounds like a sick idea in my mind if it could be done...ultimate sleeper ;)

DavidTB8889
06-28-2007, 10:44 PM
VW Technologies, its right behind Jim Ellis VW, i dont have the number on me but ask for Orlando, his work is done quickly and right

green_pedro7
06-29-2007, 11:18 PM
yea word man i was fairly impressed with turnaround time....i wonder how much he would do a motor swap for???

on that note does anyone know of 2.7TT can be squeezed into my b5 passat? sounds like a sick idea in my mind if it could be done...ultimate sleeper ;)

yeah the 2.7TT can be squeezed in, look through passatworld b/c I saw a guy who did it, he was in europe though, but I think Ive heard of a few do it in the US. But I want to do that switch too if I could ever get a good priced 2.7 and if my engine goes

OEMdub
04-01-2008, 08:36 PM
are you in east cobb? cuz if so there is a eurotech next to wheeler high school