PDA

View Full Version : Brake problem on my 240sx

AtifSajid
03-19-2007, 09:09 AM
Quick Story..

Replaced rotors and pads on front end. Bleed the brakes. Everything great.

For the first month since replacing everything was fine.

NOW -

Left side squells like crazy. When driving slow you can hear a pattern grind going with the speed. Also when driving its a pattern sound that goes with how fast you are traveling. When you pull the brakes its grinding hard only on the left side.. Sounds like the rotor is warped? To me its a hard grind when stopping..almost sounds like metal, but I checked the pads and there is still padding on them. Not 100% sure.

Any suggestions would be appreciated so when I hit them brakes this week, I know what to replace. Otherwise I am buying a new rotor and making sure the brake pads havent been killed yet.

dorin48
03-19-2007, 01:13 PM
Take the guide pins out of the caliper, clean them, then re-grease them w/ an appropriate lubricant. Sounds like you are getting some deflection cause one of the pins is sticking. Or in a worse case it could be the piston in the caliper sticking but I would start w/ the pins first.

Benefit
03-19-2007, 06:26 PM
yea make sure the retainer clips are in place

Annihilation
03-19-2007, 10:13 PM
when you PULL the brakes? you mean the E-brakes.....if so then you need to check your Back brakes.... have a common problem with rear calipers going bad if brakes not changed on time

Frög
03-19-2007, 11:07 PM
i have the same problem.. drives me sick.. went to honda and they said it was fine.. sounds horrible and it comes and goes.. and each time i decided to go honda, it doesnt do it... :mad:

AtifSajid
03-20-2007, 08:46 AM
Not the ebrake man. I can tell clearly thats its the front left.

Imma check the pins..thanks.

HiPSI
03-20-2007, 04:30 PM
Not the ebrake man. I can tell clearly thats its the front left.

Imma check the pins..thanks.

i agree, check the sliders. my rears get stuck all the time and have to be cleaned and re-greased. if the boots on them are bad make sure to replace those as well.

2.0civic
03-20-2007, 04:32 PM
atif man, you need any help with it just let me know

AtifSajid
03-21-2007, 07:51 AM
^Aight..