PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a club

bafbrian
03-18-2007, 08:33 PM
Just as the title implies. Looking for a club in the Fulton/Cobb County area.

I drive a 98 Civic Coupe, working on a b18 buildup/swap.

Looking for a serious club.

If pics are needed, just let me know and I will get them up asap.

JASONBALL
03-18-2007, 08:49 PM
post up pics

aaronfelipe
03-18-2007, 08:51 PM
:ttiwwp:

bafbrian
03-18-2007, 09:08 PM
Alright, let me go and take a pic in a well lit area.

bafbrian
03-18-2007, 10:16 PM
Alright, here a few pics.

Just a background info on this car before you make a comment. First, I am in the military and I needed something cheap to get from point A to point B. This car was a $1k when I bought it. It was Orange with a cf hood. I thought it was a steal until I started taking it apart. It had some no name suspension called dropzone, car rode this I was driving with cement wheels, car was on steelies that rust on them, the paintjob was half-ass(side skirts and driver's door weren't painted right.), and she needed some much needed tlc.

Back
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/1611/img0049lw3.jpg

Front
http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/4473/img0056wp2.jpg

I had enough money saved up to do some mods to the car to get it at least visually pleasing while I work on other things.

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/8910/img0153ai6.jpg

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/7544/img0156qo3.jpg

Like I said, had some extra money so this is what I did. Since the car was already orange, changing the color would be too expensive, so I keep it orange. The engine bay was black, so I thought, why not two-tone it. That is why the car is a two-tone black and orange. The motor was shot, bought a d16z6 motor for cheap. New wires, plugs, header, intake, and throttle body were installed. Got some rims and tires and I am working on the interior.

If a mod list would help, here it is:

Two-Tone paintjob w/ DuPont Black/Orange paint
"New" d16z6 (46k)
Converted to a Manual (Exedy Clutch and Fidanza Flywheel)
NGK Sparks and Wires
CF Hood (JSP?)
KYB AGX Shocks
H&R Sport Springs
16" Rota Sub-Zero with 205-45-16 Toyo Proxes 4
Holley Header
Twin Loop Muffler (already on the car, maybe Mugen, doubt it though)
K&N Intake

With exception to the hood and muffler, everything else was purchased for the car by me.

uhh... There is probably more, I don't know what else was done to the car prior as I am still working on it. The dates on the camera are wrong, I just took the last two tonight as per request.

quickdodge®
03-18-2007, 10:45 PM
I will actually throw a compliment your way. Very good move on your part to lose those goddamn fenders. The hood is not my thing. Civic aren't really my thing either as everyone in the world has one. But the cleanliness(at least from what I can see) does stand out. Later, QD.

CHADbee
03-18-2007, 10:51 PM
holy shit! somebody that wants to join a team really posted pictures and info on their car? this is like the twilight zone of something!!!!

Kyle
03-18-2007, 10:52 PM
Not my exact taste, but not a bad job of bringing that car back given it's original condition.

bafbrian
03-18-2007, 10:55 PM
Appreciate it guys. Alot of people who saw the car when I first got and see it now say the car has a been a complete turn around.

The hood is gonna go, it looks a little to ricey for me, I just want a oem cf hood.

So, anyway, any clubs in the area ?

JASONBALL
03-18-2007, 11:45 PM
good job on the car. keep up the good. work. there are plenty of clubs in your area. go to the meets and car shows you will meet them

bafbrian
03-18-2007, 11:52 PM
good job on the car. keep up the good. work. there are plenty of clubs in your area. go to the meets and car shows you will meet them

Any local meets you want to recommend ?

The only thing I know of is the Varsity but, there are just too many ppl who want to get arrested for, well...

Frög
03-19-2007, 12:09 AM
i can see that you fix it up well and have gone a long way.. the only thing i dont like is the front bumper and the hood.. good job in replacing the fenders and the mirrors.