PDA

View Full Version : Volvo VS new M5

R_Rated
03-18-2007, 05:32 PM
well my boss has an M5... he has been talking shit about it ever since I started working here in Jan.... He now has about 5K miles on it so it is broken in. The way he found out I was into cars is a couple months ago he came over to my computer one day when I turned it on and when he saw a pic of my car he says "it's good to have goals like that"... I talk trash and told him I would beat whatever it was that he drove... his daily is a Porsche Cayenne that is his DD and he dangles the keys. I asked if he wanted to go for titles. A couple of the guys that have been in the volvo told him that he better not do it, lol. Then he says he has a backup... the M5. I am like, well I have more power but man would I like to go against that. Today I had my chance. We were smoking cigars and he asks if I want to drive his car... I am all "HELL YEAH!". This thing was rediculously nice... duh.

and the result... the volvo is teh fasterer from a dig, from 25, from 60 and from 90.

That is all.

oh, he had an exhaust for what it's worth and I am far from stock.

Mr_Mischif
03-18-2007, 06:59 PM
If he wanted to GIVE you his cayenne, I would have taken it w/ a quickness. And if you didn't need it, you coulda given it to your bestest IA friend!

(me if you didn't get it.)

dingo7
03-18-2007, 08:16 PM
nice volvo R man looks good thats sayin something to beat an M5

B00STedSvT
03-19-2007, 01:25 AM
I havent read Any of Ur posts in a while But im Assuming U have the new motor In and Running good?..Thats good..I think Ur car is the nicest volvo I have seen in a while..Are M5's Realy that fast?..Its a 10 Cylinder right?..Dont know Much about Euro Cars.

Frög
03-19-2007, 01:34 AM
i love your car!

RJ's325ITS
03-19-2007, 12:09 PM
Dude kind of hard to believe:thinking: .... when I've seen a stock fully break-in M5 beat a porsche w/ over 600hp to the wheels, or an M5 with reflash, cams and high-flow cats beat a Gallardo.

I will like to see a video of you pulling on that M5.

khan351
03-19-2007, 12:24 PM
i could believe it. i was messing around with one on i20 a few weeks back in my vr-4(intake, exhaust, stock boost) and he pulled away from me but not as bad as i was thinking he would. it was a new one, dark blue, loud ass exhaust and some big chrome wheels

RJ's325ITS
03-19-2007, 12:39 PM
i could believe it. i was messing around with one on i20 a few weeks back in my vr-4(intake, exhaust, stock boost) and he pulled away from me but not as bad as i was thinking he would. it was a new one, dark blue, loud ass exhaust and some big chrome wheels

A lot of this cars are own by people that do not have the guts to race them. Besides that a lot of people beat the drivers not the cars.

I used to beat E46s M3s left and right and I remember when I meet Boris he beat me by a 1 CL. :yes: on a bone stock M3 it was the drivers not the cars.

Just a thought.

khan351
03-19-2007, 02:56 PM
A lot of this cars are own by people that do not have the guts to race them. Besides that a lot of people beat the drivers not the cars.

I used to beat E46s M3s left and right and I remember when I meet Boris he beat me by a 1 CL. :yes: on a bone stock M3 it was the drivers not the cars.

Just a thought.
Boris...:cry: memories.haha. good thought though... m5 knew what he was doing since one of my friends knew him, oh well

RJ's325ITS
03-19-2007, 03:41 PM
Boris...:cry: memories.haha. good thought though... m5 knew what he was doing since one of my friends knew him, oh well

So how about me VS M5 and then if I beat the M5 me VS the volvo.

After thought....

dingo7
03-19-2007, 06:52 PM
but if you did beat that M5 your car should be putting down way over 400

khan351
03-19-2007, 10:17 PM
So how about me VS M5 and then if I beat the M5 me VS the volvo.

After thought....

don't beat around the bush, just call out the volvo!!!

LEAVINU
03-20-2007, 07:48 PM
I want to see your new setup so I'll run you Mikey.

You must not work at Hifi Buys anymore as I never see your car there- Buford.

Just a stock C6 with intake and headers.:taun: We never ran when I had the black one.

mike's02ls1
03-21-2007, 07:08 PM
You guys this is not Mikey BoostedS60R....

b0ki
03-23-2007, 10:52 AM
I am sure the volvo was making at least ..... 480 awhp to beat a stock M5. What kinda turbo are u running on that volvo ? How bad did u beat the M5 ? I would like to see a hwy race... like 60 - 150 mph lol

hydroshutter
03-23-2007, 01:09 PM
Boris, where you been?

2.3 Evo 8
03-23-2007, 01:20 PM
Boris, where you been?

Hiding in the little girls bathroom stall. :boobies:

hydroshutter
03-23-2007, 01:30 PM
Hiding in the little girls bathroom stall. :boobies:

I figured he would've been just going to the bathroom :)

2turbo4u
03-24-2007, 12:08 PM
I don't think the race happened yet!

RJ's325ITS
03-24-2007, 12:17 PM
I don't think the race happened yet!

If it did not happen in fact, how can someone say his car is faster w/out racing..... It does not matter if one drives the 2 cars and comes with a conclution base on ones own feelings.... this will be just ass-suming shit

there are factors like suspention dinamics, tire specs, gear ratios, power ratios, efficiency factors ETC.. that will dictate whos car is faster

like having 480whp in a AWD will not be efficient on top end speed, in a RWD car with 400whp.

Just I thought.

R_Rated
04-05-2007, 01:39 PM
I am sure the volvo was making at least ..... 480 awhp to beat a stock M5. What kinda turbo are u running on that volvo ? How bad did u beat the M5 ? I would like to see a hwy race... like 60 - 150 mph lol

you've seen my car in person before, lol. the weekend of NOPI last year. I am without the huge ass system now.

R_Rated
04-05-2007, 01:40 PM
I havent read Any of Ur posts in a while But im Assuming U have the new motor In and Running good?..Thats good..I think Ur car is the nicest volvo I have seen in a while..Are M5's Realy that fast?..Its a 10 Cylinder right?..Dont know Much about Euro Cars.

This is not Mikey aka Boosted.... but he will be faster than me in due time.

R_Rated
04-05-2007, 01:42 PM
Dude kind of hard to believe:thinking: .... when I've seen a stock fully break-in M5 beat a porsche w/ over 600hp to the wheels, or an M5 with reflash, cams and high-flow cats beat a Gallardo.

I will like to see a video of you pulling on that M5.

now that is just plain retarded.... a car with more WHEEL HP by over 100 that weights A LOT less(like 1000 pounds)... got beat by the M... not gonna happen.

RJ's325ITS
04-05-2007, 01:56 PM
now that is just plain retarded.... a car with more WHEEL HP by over 100 that weights A LOT less(like 1000 pounds)... got beat by the M... not gonna happen.

What?:thinking:

R_Rated
04-05-2007, 01:59 PM
What?:thinking:

you said you seen a stock M5 beat a 600+whp porsche.... will never happen. the M5 weight 1000 pounds more and has over 100 less bhp than the porsche has whp.

RJ's325ITS
04-05-2007, 02:06 PM
you said you seen a stock M5 beat a 600+whp porsche.... will never happen. the M5 weight 1000 pounds more and has over 100 less bhp than the porsche has whp.

Ok here are 2 video of a stock M5 vs. a Gallardo and a 510hp porsche.:goodjob: I couldn't find the one with the Moded M5 and the porshe....:no:

The M5 here is dead even w/the Gallardo.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2027012851356759450&q=gallardo+Vs+E60&hl=en

And here again dead even w/the Porsche.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1554545651231980506&q=porsche+Vs+E60&hl=en

Bruce Leroy
04-05-2007, 04:09 PM
Ok here are 2 video of a stock M5 vs. a Gallardo and a 510hp porsche.:goodjob: I couldn't find the one with the Moded M5 and the porshe....:no:

The M5 here is dead even w/the Gallardo.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2027012851356759450&q=gallardo+Vs+E60&hl=en

And here again dead even w/the Porsche.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1554545651231980506&q=porsche+Vs+E60&hl=en

OK so if the stock m5 lost to a 510 hp porsche, how could it beat a 600 WHP 911???

RJ's325ITS
04-05-2007, 08:40 PM
OK so if the stock m5 lost to a 510 hp porsche, how could it beat a 600 WHP 911???

Ok this will be very hard for you to understand but BMW are known to do a lot w/ so little power.... my friend's M3 w/ 215rwtq tags a long w/a 370+whp SR-T 4..... I taged a long with a 600whp+ porsche in the turns on pump gas that's only 340rwtq.

There is more that meets the eye. Like engine to tranny efficiency, tq curve and aerodynamics... In all the above the M5 chassis has proven superior by taging a long with a Gallardo. And the M5 power plant has shown that in a stock form has a lot to give, imagine when you fine tune the DME for raw power and not gas efficiency nor driveability.. add to the equation some aggresive cams and open exhaust and then you get the ultimate sedan.

By the way E60 M5 dyno at 424whp 311wtq vs a 510 car I think is ok to lose by a car...

Boosted S60R
04-05-2007, 08:50 PM
I havent read Any of Ur posts in a while But im Assuming U have the new motor In and Running good?..Thats good..I think Ur car is the nicest volvo I have seen in a while..Are M5's Realy that fast?..Its a 10 Cylinder right?..Dont know Much about Euro Cars.nope my motor isnt in yet that is one of my boys josh for nc his car is very very fast though.

Boosted S60R
04-05-2007, 08:55 PM
I want to see your new setup so I'll run you Mikey.

You must not work at Hifi Buys anymore as I never see your car there- Buford.

Just a stock C6 with intake and headers.:taun: We never ran when I had the black one.yea guy this is not me josh's car is very fast here are some pics of his and mine so yall can tell the difference. I know our cars look very very similar but his is a different color and has a little but different things done to his.

R_Rated
04-06-2007, 12:27 AM
Ok this will be very hard for you to understand but BMW are known to do a lot w/ so little power.... my friend's M3 w/ 215rwtq tags a long w/a 370+whp SR-T 4..... I taged a long with a 600whp+ porsche in the turns on pump gas that's only 340rwtq.

There is more that meets the eye. Like engine to tranny efficiency, tq curve and aerodynamics... In all the above the M5 chassis has proven superior by taging a long with a Gallardo. And the M5 power plant has shown that in a stock form has a lot to give, imagine when you fine tune the DME for raw power and not gas efficiency nor driveability.. add to the equation some aggresive cams and open exhaust and then you get the ultimate sedan.

By the way E60 M5 dyno at 424whp 311wtq vs a 510 car I think is ok to lose by a car...

sorry bro but.... the M5 LOST to the 510 hp porsche... THE M5 LOST... so how is it gonna beat a more powerful porsche?

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the M...

LT1UltraZ
04-06-2007, 10:55 AM
sorry bro but.... the M5 LOST to the 510 hp porsche... THE M5 LOST... so how is it gonna beat a more powerful porsche?

dont waste your time arguing with RJ's325ITS :lmfao: He might challenge you to a run in da twisties to show you how superior his BMW is over your car lol

RJ's325ITS
04-06-2007, 11:11 AM

Well the prosche won that race indeed, allthough a one car leng in a drag race is about 100lbs difference. Also a set of lighter wheels will take care of that since 5 to 10lbs rotational mass lighter will increase acceleration a lot.

Besides if you read me post I said a mod M5, the M5 of the video was stock.

RJ's325ITS
04-06-2007, 11:18 AM
dont waste your time arguing with RJ's325ITS :lmfao: He might challenge you to a run in da twisties to show you how superior his BMW is over your car lol

Well I never seen a CAMARO wining Lemans or a LS1 engine on the F1 podium. Besides even that volvo will beat your camaro in anyother type of racing besides on a 1/4 mile race...

If you race the Volvo in a race with 1 turn he will beat you w/ halft of the power you made......:lmfao:

You are dumb as horse the only thing you can see is in a straight line.....feel sorry for you :cry:

R_Rated
04-06-2007, 03:43 PM
http://www.marriedtothesea.com/040407/chain-comic.gif

Fred Sanford
04-06-2007, 06:18 PM
I did not read this thread, just the title & thread preview. Are you sure the M5 had his car in the M-Drive/Sport setting? Otherwise you beat a 400 HP M5.

2Fast4Radar
04-06-2007, 07:19 PM
Awesome S60-R! My older bro has one (stock 6-speed) and it's a lot of fun to drive. Personally I like the way it looks over the M5. The M5 is a cool car, but the shape just doesn't do it for me. Good job though! Are you on Swedespeed?

R_Rated
04-06-2007, 09:12 PM
I did not read this thread, just the title & thread preview. Are you sure the M5 had his car in the M-Drive/Sport setting? Otherwise you beat a 400 HP M5.

definitely 500bhp... just FYI I have almost 500 AWHP and am 600 pounds lighter in the curb weight dept... The hp is thanks to my APC muffler and some other go fast goodies I found at AutoZone.

R_Rated
04-06-2007, 09:13 PM
Awesome S60-R! My older bro has one (stock 6-speed) and it's a lot of fun to drive. Personally I like the way it looks over the M5. The M5 is a cool car, but the shape just doesn't do it for me. Good job though! Are you on Swedespeed?

I am on SS. came screen name.

Fred Sanford
04-06-2007, 09:22 PM
definitely 500bhp... just FYI I have almost 500 AWHP and am 600 pounds lighter in the curb weight dept... The hp is thanks to my APC muffler and some other go fast goodies I found at AutoZone.
Sweet. I'm assuming you have the sweet lighted winshield fluid nozzles as part of this lingenfelter'ish power package.

I almost bought an S60 a few years back, but they just didn't have enough power for me.

Bruce Leroy
04-06-2007, 10:29 PM

I completly understand what you are saying. BMW's are great and they do ALOT wih not as hp as other cars, but it still dosesn't make sense to me that a stock m5 would beat a 600 WHP porsche. When I see a video then I will believe it.

And talking about HP in the twisties makes no sense. I LITERALLY destroyed (he crashed inta a tree trying to keep up) a supercharged e36 M3 in the twisties, and I had a basically stock honda. Does that mean my car is faster?? nope, it just means that on that day, I out drove him.

RJ's325ITS
04-07-2007, 11:22 AM
And talking about HP in the twisties makes no sense. I LITERALLY destroyed (he crashed inta a tree trying to keep up) a supercharged e36 M3 in the twisties, and I had a basically stock honda. Does that mean my car is faster?? nope, it just means that on that day, I out drove him.

you are totally right about this one. Once you step out of the straight line in to a course with a couple of turns. The factors multiply and one of those faactors is the "driver factor".

If we put a roadcar w/ 300whp race ready next to a 700whp muscle car... and then we put a stupid driver in the racecar and an F1 driver in the muscle car, we will get the same results; the racecar will end up on the wall and the muscle car will make it to the end very slow but will make it.

That is the magic of racing in a course or "twisties" like you call it. It's 1000x more fun since it's not about stupid raw power... it's about the right amount of power and how well you used it.

IMO I'm glad that some people in here understands the different comcepts of racing like you :goodjob:.

R_Rated
04-07-2007, 05:14 PM
you are totally right about this one. Once you step out of the straight line in to a course with a couple of turns. The factors multiply and one of those faactors is the "driver factor".

If we put a roadcar w/ 300whp race ready next to a 700whp muscle car... and then we put a stupid driver in the racecar and an F1 driver in the muscle car, we will get the same results; the racecar will end up on the wall and the muscle car will make it to the end very slow but will make it.

That is the magic of racing in a course or "twisties" like you call it. It's 1000x more fun since it's not about stupid raw power... it's about the right amount of power and how well you used it.

IMO I'm glad that some people in here understands the different comcepts of racing like you :goodjob:.

not only that but the feeling you get when you power out of turns just enough to break the rear end loose just so... not too much to lose control though. And with a good harness, pulling a full G and being plated in the seat. No drag race can compare.

OneSlow5pt0
04-07-2007, 05:22 PM
in car and driver they recorded the new M5 0-60 in 4.2..and had top speed of 175(limited)but taken off it will go 200mph..i saw one on 75 that was black and was turboed,shit sounded good.

R_Rated
04-07-2007, 05:31 PM
in car and driver they recorded the new M5 0-60 in 4.2..and had top speed of 175(limited)but taken off it will go 200mph..i saw one on 75 that was black and was turboed,shit sounded good.

Gtech says I am 0-60 in ... not going to tell but slightly faster than the M5. I do have an APC muffler though and the M5's muffler was stock.

Gtech was right in line with factory claims when stock and 1/4 times right in line with track slips.

Fred Sanford
04-07-2007, 05:47 PM
G-tech Lmmfao

R_Rated
04-07-2007, 07:14 PM
G-tech Lmmfao
I tell you I have a APC muffler... and you Lmmfao at the G-tech?:???:

Fred Sanford
04-07-2007, 07:33 PM
I tell you I have a APC muffler... and you Lmmfao at the G-tech?:???:
Well I know APC is a joke, but you seem to really believe the G-tech is accurate.

RJ's325ITS
04-08-2007, 01:55 AM
Well I know APC is a joke, but you seem to really believe the G-tech is accurate.

We got this frase that we used in the pit lane.. some data beats no data...

G-Tech might not be the most accurate but is data and any data acquisition on the level of racing we chat about in here is priceless. Besisdes that I remember one open track day at RA, when a guy I know was having problems with his GPS data acquisition system and I had to look up a AMB transponder for him... once again good for lap times only, but better some data that no data at all:goodjob:

R_Rated
04-08-2007, 01:57 PM

so every magazine that has tested them and said they are right on is wrong? And after ... about 50 some 1/4 mile passes on a track and mine being scary close... all 50+ times were flukes? Just because you heard something from a freind who heard...

they ARE accurate IF you use them right. I do have dynos and timeslips to validate though. But more importantly, they are consistent. So, the way dynos are MEANT to be used... as a tuning tool; the Gtech works great for this.

Fred Sanford
04-08-2007, 05:23 PM
so every magazine that has tested them and said they are right on is wrong? And after ... about 50 some 1/4 mile passes on a track and mine being scary close... all 50+ times were flukes? Just because you heard something from a freind who heard...

they ARE accurate IF you use them right. I do have dynos and timeslips to validate though. But more importantly, they are consistent. So, the way dynos are MEANT to be used... as a tuning tool; the Gtech works great for this. Magazine racing are we? Scary close doesn't mean it's right. I could probably watch a car run the 1/4 and come as close as a G-tech. I know guys at the track who can do that and come scary close.
I stand by my opinion, G-tech is trash.

R_Rated
04-08-2007, 07:23 PM
Magazine racing are we?......

I stand by my opinion, G-tech is trash.

isn;t that what everyone on this forum has done when they "judge" what a volvo R can do?

and your statement about the Gtech is pretty ignorant... If I set my Gtech right then it is right on par with the track timer... on SEVERAL tracks... and again, 50 times consecutively... before you share your expertise about Gtech, you should use one. then you can speak based on experience not out your asshole.

Fred Sanford
04-08-2007, 11:37 PM
isn;t that what everyone on this forum has done when they "judge" what a volvo R can do?

and your statement about the Gtech is pretty ignorant... If I set my Gtech right then it is right on par with the track timer... on SEVERAL tracks... and again, 50 times consecutively... before you share your expertise about Gtech, you should use one. then you can speak based on experience not out your asshole. Some of us actually know things about cars and aren't quick to label them all as slow or fast.
As for G-tech.....I have used one you retarded cockpuffer. I've also used the new Dashhawk. Neither are anything more than toys. Though I will admit Dashhawk is actually useful to monitor some engine parameters and is a lot easier than toting a laptop.

arcticman37
04-12-2007, 09:44 PM
*off topic* but khan351 you got your 40 bucks back from Boris yet??? :)