PDA

View Full Version : anybody from duluth ever heard of...

THEONE
03-18-2007, 12:46 AM
craigs creek??? its suppose to be close to the river. if you know where it is i would love to know. ive been searching for info on it and no luck yet.oh and its an actual creek not a street.

Hulud
03-18-2007, 01:15 AM
john's creek?

RandomGuy
03-18-2007, 03:35 AM
dawsons creek

hydroshutter
03-18-2007, 03:50 AM
john's creek?

That's where my office is located. I love that area.

THEONE
03-18-2007, 09:36 AM
no craigs creek its suppose to run into the river in duluth somewhere. its actually a part of some historic events the cherokee actually camped out there until they were finally driven off by jefferson and his bullshit army.

quickdodge®
03-18-2007, 09:38 AM
What are you looking for Craig's Creek for? Later, QD.

THEONE
03-18-2007, 09:51 AM
well im fasinated with the history of american indians the cherokee in particular.

to my knowledge that was one of the last places in georgia they stayed for any real length of time. they were living very diffrently then they were following the white mans ways they wore normal clothing lived in reagular homes and cabins.
i would very much like to see the remains.

i know someone on here has a grandma or grandpa from duluth who knows this place.

THEONE
03-18-2007, 10:15 AM
well im off to waste more time hunting for this place......

Mr_Mischif
03-18-2007, 10:19 AM
dawsons creek

I dont wanna wait...for our lives to be over

I want the car thats got a lot of gas

quickdodge®
03-18-2007, 10:22 AM
I can only find what you probably already have found. Nothing. I did ask some ghosthunting friends of mine that are very heavy history buffs if they know of the place. I'll forward what I get from them to you. Later, QD.

THEONE
03-18-2007, 10:28 AM
thanks so much

quickdodge®
03-18-2007, 10:36 AM
You could always go to where the Hooch River enters/exits Duluth and follow it through the city checking the creeks that enter/exit from the main River. That would take some time, I imagine, though. Later, QD.

THEONE
03-18-2007, 10:48 AM
i have lots of time atleast 2 days a week to search. im not exactally sure where the river starts in duluth. im sure its a hike in the woods like the other odd places ive seen.

Stormhammer
03-18-2007, 01:34 PM
In Duluth, near the junction of Craig's Creek and the Chattahoochee River, at what was the southern extreme of Cherokee country was a village with a significant population. Remains of cabins and shards of pottery were just some of the findings that verify the existance of this village. Anywhere from a couple of pots to seventy five pots of gold, depending on whose story you believe, were buried by the members of the village shortly before The Trail of Tears. According to legend, a group of Cherokees visited the area and may have recovered the gold in 1909. But did they? While records exist of Cherokee returning from Oklahoma on many occasions, it can not be verified that any group or single individual visited this location. Of course, if you were returning to recover buried treasure, would you advertise that fact? Other areas that have been rumored to have gold buried by the Cherokee are Scarecorn Creek and Talking Rock Creek in Pickens County, and Shallow Rock Bridge Creek near Canton, Georgia. Of course, two of the greatest loads of gold may be buried beneath the waters of the Chattahoochee, but that is a different story.

quickdodge®
03-18-2007, 03:26 PM
We know the story. Dumbass. Lolol, j/k. Later, QD.

THEONE
03-18-2007, 04:11 PM
the trick is finding craigs creek,i think i did today but im not 100% certian. i did find a large tree i mean fuckin huge tree similar to the ones decribed in the non internet stories.
me and my little man went a good ways in the woods and ran across a creek the ran directly to the river. i was going to keep going then i heard someone coming down the road and looked back it was a wildlife comission truck aswell as a cop. i saw them lookin at my car in the windows so i went back to the car where the ranger gave me a ticket for 75.00 for having a cardboard tag applied for on it.

and he also warned me about my metal detector. oh well i know how to get in without any troubles now. i did ask the ranger if he ever heard of craigs creek and he had not. but he did tell me were the river officaly entered duluth so thats what makes me think im on the right track.....

GIXXERDK
03-18-2007, 06:09 PM
Sounds like an adventure.

THEONE
03-18-2007, 08:26 PM
almost. all i need now is a leather jacket a hat and a whip :)

RandomGuy
03-19-2007, 01:40 AM
you can not find Craig's creek, Craig's creek finds you.

Doppelgänger
03-19-2007, 09:16 AM
google earth??? zoom in on the 'Hooch and follow it along looking for where other creeks/rivers dump into it?

quickdodge®
03-19-2007, 12:47 PM
Already tried that, Mike. Later, QD.

2.0civic
03-19-2007, 12:54 PM
http://www.cnah.org/pdf_files/447.pdf

2.0civic
03-19-2007, 12:55 PM
and craig (maybe not the same) creek is in blue ridge river...

http://www.riverfacts.com/ranges/112_Blue_Ridge_Mountains.html

scroll down a little

2.0civic
03-19-2007, 12:58 PM
i lied lol. nevermind...i saw where it said craig creek in duluth

quickdodge®
03-19-2007, 12:59 PM
Dumbass. Quit adding falsified info to this topic. Later, QD.

2.0civic
03-19-2007, 01:04 PM
Dumbass. Quit adding falsified info to this topic. Later, QD.

LOL, im not trying to. Only craigs creek ive heard of is on Blue ridge man. I fish the Hooch ALOT from the Dam down past settles Bridge...Never came by a craigs creek though.

§treet_§peed
03-19-2007, 01:05 PM
this sounds like it could be fun... i like trying to go out and find places and stuff..if i could drive legally i would come out and help as well lol

2.0civic
03-19-2007, 01:06 PM
ill call my unlce later tonight and ask him if he knows...hes lived in duluth his entire life and my grandpa was half cherokee so if its still there, he would know where to look

THEONE
03-19-2007, 06:35 PM
cool, from what ive heard its small real small.i heard it may not even be marked on a map it may just be know as a little creek that runs into the river.
i may have found it, the problem is on one side if i follow the creek the woods are not very thick on the other side good god it could take for ever to find the site im lookin for. this coming weekend im gonna follow the creek as much of it as i can in 2 days anyway.

disrupt
03-19-2007, 07:28 PM
you sure a developer hasn't built a neighborhood around it?

THEONE
03-19-2007, 08:06 PM
i dont think so,i beleive that area is protected from that sort of thing. but everyone has a price these days thats why i really what to find it before its gone forever. the only thing in that area new is a loading ramp for boats and its still in the works. i found a set of steps carved in the river bank and they go to a circle of trees big damn trees its beautiful over there. i ran my detector over the new ramp and its dug like 6 feet and hit 1 spot that made my detector howl like crazy. i dug 6-8 inches and hit a big freakin rock.
on my detector it read RING/COIN im going back with a pick axe and a big damn hammer as soon as i can get a a good crew together,this is a big freakin rock.

§treet_§peed
03-19-2007, 09:22 PM
ah sounds fun.. jsut don't let it turn into a blari witch thing lol.. i would love to go as soon as i get my dl's back